The Finder : Season 1

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 12, 2012
7.1

1. May 28, 2012
    This would be a great show to put on the air during the Summer months when there is nothing good to watch. I love this show and am disappointed that it was cancelled before it was given a chance. I found this show ON DEMAND and when I watched it from the beginning, I loved it. The characters are lovable and the premise is original. My daughter-in-law also loves this show. This showThis would be a great show to put on the air during the Summer months when there is nothing good to watch. I love this show and am disappointed that it was cancelled before it was given a chance. I found this show ON DEMAND and when I watched it from the beginning, I loved it. The characters are lovable and the premise is original. My daughter-in-law also loves this show. This show deserves a TEN Expand
  2. May 20, 2012
    Hilarious and quirky with some drama as well!! Love that it takes place in Florida instead of the usual locations such as NYC or Cali!! I certainly hope that it comes back for Season 2!!
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    Absurdity of an old-fashioned sitcom without the laughs. Totally implausible plots and dialogue that don't payoff as a normal procedural or as a comedy. Probably would have worked better in the quirky arena if Fox had let them keep the Saffron Burrows character instead of a generic pretty brunette and a teenage blonde that doesn't fit into the story.
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    Somebody explain to me why TV networks invest so heavily in new shows then sabotage them. I enjoyed the backdoor pilot of "The Finder" last year, then completely missed the first three episodes, as I didn't see any promos. Caught the fourth episode purely by chance, liked it, and made a mental note of when it was broadcast so I could watch it again. Silly me; Fox had already decided toSomebody explain to me why TV networks invest so heavily in new shows then sabotage them. I enjoyed the backdoor pilot of "The Finder" last year, then completely missed the first three episodes, as I didn't see any promos. Caught the fourth episode purely by chance, liked it, and made a mental note of when it was broadcast so I could watch it again. Silly me; Fox had already decided to put the show on its deadly "menstrual cycle" (one episode every four weeks), which pretty much guarantees its demise. Too bad. I find the show an excellent replacement for "Bones," which, let's face facts, ran out of steam last year. Like "Bones," "The Finder" features an improbable savant with a hot fed for a sidekick and an assortment of wacky specialist colleagues. As in "Bones," these folks solve mysteries, crack wise (in multiple senses), and grapple with exotic personal lives. Both shows have an odd relationship with the "real world," glancing sideways at big issues, such as battle-related brain damage, but never focusing on them for long. Then it's back to an anti-naturalistic world in which fathers play guitar for ZZ Top and Asperger's sufferers are amazing in bed. Not a very flattering description, I know, but both shows work. They're fun. They're like key-lime pie: sweetness and pucker and, no, it's not very good for you and you don't want it all the time, but when you're in the mood, it's perfect. And, with "Bones" losing its tang (everyone is coupled up and spawning madly), we need the puckery sweetness of "The Finder." Please, Fox, broadcast the remaining episodes on a regular schedule, and renew the show for another season. If you must tinker with it, you could lose Mercedes Masöhn, who is so eerily like Sarah Shahi in "Life" that I get nostalgic for that show every time she's on-screen. How about more Eric Roberts instead? The character of Uncle Shadrack has great potential--and not just as the old meanie keeping Timo from his true love and Willa from a law-abiding life. But please don't touch Walter or Leo, and please keep Stults and Duncan in the roles. Oh, dear. [Slaps own face.] Listen to me talking as though Fox--or anybody--cares what I think. I'll be quiet now. Expand
  5. Mar 23, 2012
    I like it ....... super cast and really funny characters and awesome views & Sets , The story was a bit down quality but its improving really fast ! Keep going.....
  6. Feb 23, 2012
    I'm extremely surprised to see such lackluster reviews. This is a classic adventure show, that has the full package: love, comedy, action, adventure, drama. How can you not admire such a show? I think people are looking to much at reality tv these days or something. It is a lot like Bones in that it is the full package and has a diverse group of characters. (made by the same people,I'm extremely surprised to see such lackluster reviews. This is a classic adventure show, that has the full package: love, comedy, action, adventure, drama. How can you not admire such a show? I think people are looking to much at reality tv these days or something. It is a lot like Bones in that it is the full package and has a diverse group of characters. (made by the same people, so one can easily see why they have similarities). In my opinion, the characters are pretty damn good. There's also and unfolding complexity with each of them. If your interested in a full package tv show, give this an open minded look. I promise you won't regret it. Expand
  7. Jan 31, 2012
    A fun show, but not quite as good as the "pilot" on bones. On bones, they had an older, Australian (?) woman as a sidekick. She was a much better fit that Willa. The teenage girl and her subplots drag things down.
  8. Jan 19, 2012
    Boring, cliche, and cheesy. Don't get me wrong I love shows that revolve around super talents or abilities. And up to now almost all of them have been pretty good. Psych, Lie to Me, Mentalist, Suits, John Doe. These are all amazing shows. Finder is frankly mediocre.
  9. Jan 14, 2012
    Fun show to watch! The characters have a great dynamic and real chemistry. Arguably a weak plot to start the show, but I foresee much better episodes ahead with this cast in place.
  10. Jan 13, 2012
    Not a bad pilot, gave it an 8 because I believe they will turn it around and turn it into a quirky, funny series (remeber nobosy love psych at first!)
  11. Jan 13, 2012
    I loved this show. The cast is great. The best thing is that it isnt limited to investigating crimes...they have a whole world to explore with so many things to find...
  12. Jan 13, 2012
    Dull and monotonous this show bring absolutely nothing new to the table, and the almost all the actors over do they're parts, which will make you roll your your eyes, gaze off the tv and see what else is on.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 26, 2012
    The premise might make sense if Stults had a Rain Man intensity. Instead he's laid back and scruffy. [6 Feb 2012, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Finder is as agreeable as a contract on onion paper that says you, the viewer, will not question implausible moments or snicker when is limp and the acting staged.
  3. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fans of quirky procedurals will likely find The Finder a dependable way to lose an hour.