The Glades : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.2

1. Jul 21, 2012
    This show could be a decent watch if they got rid of Callie. She's the worst character on the show. Compare it with Justified for instance--you can't! Justified is way better. Anyway, I finally couldn't take Callie anymore and dropped the show from my watch list. Can't believe people think Callie is great--why??
  2. JoanB
    Jul 14, 2010
    Stupid, arrogant, and scripted to be "silly." The show should be aired AFTER the 10:00 p.m. news cast. The profanity and lack of interest interfers with the good programming in prime time. If the producer(s) are attempting to compete with CSI MIAMI....they will never reach that level of entertainment with the glades. I think my 11 year old grandson could produce a better show than the glades.
  3. MaryM
    Jul 18, 2010
    Main character is too cocky and arrogant, which I don't find endearing. His leading lady is married to a guy serving time for armed robbery and she knew what he was up to, but didn't leave him-- and she won't "be the kind of woman that divorces" her prisoner husband. Will never watch it again.
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    cant stand this its painful to watch cant wait for criminal minds to get its 10:00 and 11:00 spot back when this gets taken off A&E. Its the biggest waste of a show it just comes across as annoying but hopefully we wont have to sit through it much longer
  5. Oct 4, 2010
    This is such a stupid tv show. I tried to watch it, but only put up with it while my husband watches it. The medical examiner drops everything to go with the renegade cop who doesn't follow any type of protocol. I'm surprised the actors (who seem to be somewhat talented) are able to get through each episode with a straight face.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    One of the worst detective shows ever created. Dialogue like running nails down a blackboard, characters that are obvious, stereotyped and completely unrecognizable as human beings, clunky and awkward performances, shocking segues, dodgy camera work - there is nothing redeemable in this program at all. Passmore is a borish drone, he could be arrested for stalking with his behaviour to hisOne of the worst detective shows ever created. Dialogue like running nails down a blackboard, characters that are obvious, stereotyped and completely unrecognizable as human beings, clunky and awkward performances, shocking segues, dodgy camera work - there is nothing redeemable in this program at all. Passmore is a borish drone, he could be arrested for stalking with his behaviour to his cardboard cutout girlfriend, and what value did she add again. I tuned out after fifteen minutes. It's fifteen minutes I'll never get back. Expand
  7. Nov 18, 2011
    Longworth is SO ANNOYINGLY smart-azzed and won't shut up, and some of the acting (blonde bimbo) is so atrociously bad mumbly-mumble that this turkey won't fly. I HATE it.
  8. Jul 27, 2012
    Arrogant cop,
    Treat even the innocent suspects in a brutal way
    Annoying and unnecessary drama
    (the whole will they wont they nonsense)

Zero intelligence in the show
    Writing is very mediocre
    Plots make you want to sleep
    The characters have been written a million times before

Ohh, how original!!!

Only 1 point for the location selection:
    Florida

1. [Matt Passmore's character's] devil-may-care attitude may sometimes verge on annoying, but ultimately gives the serious premise a welcome light touch.
  2. In the end, the series itself is something fresh, welcome and a little tart -- and just like a nice citrus fruit, it'll be hard to stop with just one of these.
    The Glades isn't bad, it just feels older than a swamp gator--and as hungry as one for some fresh meat.