• Network: Oxygen
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 12, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.5

1. Aug 24, 2011
    I hate Glee which basically retreads the worse songs of the 80's and 90's. I therefore I hate the Glee Project by proxy. I can't wait for next season's riveting rendition of the Pina Colada song.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    A big sorprise, the contestans have a great voices, Lindsay, Damian, Marissa, wow, all are great, the themes are really funny, I think that this reality spin off of Glee is really funny.
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    It's a nice format that only Glee fans will enjoy. Thee twelve contestants could've been better (this is the best you can get from 40,000 auditions? Really?), but some are extremely talented, and by the time it gets down to the last 3 or 4, you'll be wanting them all in the show.
  4. Aug 27, 2011
    This show is amazing, and quite possibly the best reality show out there. A great diversity of contestants, songs we all know and love, and some unexpected twists. MUST WATCH.
  5. Sep 12, 2011
    Love this show. I like the themes, the mentors, a look at how each video segment is recorded and produced. I like Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan as well. Plus the winners of season 1
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    The Glee Project reminds me of the original series, with fresh new faces, an odd premise (singing? On TV? Seriously) and great song and dance. I really enjoy seeing the casting director, choreographer, and director. They are very nice, creative people who have the best interests of the show at heart. Thereâ
  7. Jun 29, 2011
    To be honest, i had high hopes of the show when i saw the pre-released MV that was Fireworks. However, the first episode fell seriously short of my expectations. I was seriously taken aback that Bryce was even allowed a position on the top 12. He could not sing well! But I pushed on, and I was really impressed with the third episode.
    So far, the show has been kicking contestants whom
    audiences really did not like very much. But i was conflicted during the 3rd episode, and that's what reality competition is about, getting the audience involved in the show by wondering who is going out next week. It took 3 episodes, and a fair bit of cleansing, but i finally saw the tear-jerking side of glee that i missed so much. Expand
  8. Jul 25, 2011
    The characters build on each successive show. The raw talent at the top is amazing. At this point 3 or 4 of the contestants would make excellent addtions to the show.
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    I'm Gleek, but I didn't LOVE "TGP" . There were many contestants with lots of talent, but some of them were looking for fight at some time of the show. Apart from that, Ryan Murphy wasn't "clear" as a judge. After eliminating one of the most talented girls Marissa Von Bleicken, he regretted. But it was late for the girl's opportunity to be part of the Glee Cast. I had doubts, many, when he said he was sure Marissa won't win. And as Marissa was kicked off, I went doubtful. What I like about this reality show was that the contestants were completely different, which makes the show more interesting, and better in all the ways. What I hate about some shows, is that one person is supposed to win, and finally two people win. I think they have to follow the game's rules. On the other hand, I loved the first episode, in which they showed the auditions. That was great, because you can see the process of the reality. To sum up, I think it's good in some points, but not that good in others. 8 out of 10 marks Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The Glee Project feels like an exercise in ego for the folks running the show. There's a whole lot of playing to the camera going on amongst the professionals, especially from choreographer Zach Woodlee and Murphy himself.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Jun 13, 2011
    Gleeks will engage; hard to imagine who else will.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jun 10, 2011
    The show is also refreshingly entertaining, even when it relies on familiar cliches of the singing-competition genre.