9.0

1. Oct 11, 2010
    One of the best British television show in years, if not ever. It's broken down the barrier that really crude comedy cannot be on television. Maybe thats exactly what teenagers and even some of their parents want more of. It is surely one of the most quotable television shows of all time ('Bus Wankers,'Coque Au Vain') and contrasts with channel 4's other TV show Skins in that it portrays a real teenage lifestyle rather than a Utopian/Dystopian one. Vulgarity has never been so smart and toilet humour never so wanted by the British public. Expand
  2. Oct 12, 2010
    I can't find a bad thing to say about The Inbetweeners. It is probably, if not, THE best British comedy series of recent times and I can't imagine a better series coming along any time soon.
  3. Oct 13, 2010
    Easily the funniest UK programme I have ever seen, better than the greats of Blackadder, Fawlty towers and even Only fools in my eyes, love this and deserves a metascore of 100 easily.
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    It's the kind of show wherein characters never really grow from their mistakes, and never really find an ounce of what they want, because their desires are very simple. I like the cast, and the choice of music is often nice, but the show isn't particularly funny, and there's really no growth. I see potential in each episode in the building blocks of every misstep for each character, but it never really pays off in laughs. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    One of the best TV series I've seen for a long time. I love the comedy in this show. The best episode is "Thorpe Park" where they go to the theme park, Thorpe Park.
  6. Aug 18, 2011
    As most people on here normally shout 10/10 all the time is a fan boy thing, however. This was by far the best movie I have even seen, it finished off really well, non stop laughs, I was even crying by the end. Just perfect. Lots of morals also, and if anyone even try's to fault it (Internet slag coming) being a troll, then your talking **** you have no heart, no sense of humor and your outlook in life is dull. But as my review GO AND WATCH IT! An all round perfect film, the "critic" scores are Americans who don't understand UK comedy! Well done everyone on the film. Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2011
    Crude, awful, disgusting, sickening, retching, fart jokes, mum jokes, reminds me very much of my youth. An amazing show, it is really up there with the best British comedies ever. It's one that you can put on whenever and still fall about laughing. Go see the movie too!
  8. Jan 18, 2013
    Having missed out on The Inbetweeners the first time around I was convinced by friends to give it a try and flew through all this series in less than a week. This is a far cry from the distinctly average sit-coms currently filling the schedules and, while it won't be a show for everyone, anyone who enjoys the cringe worthy, often crude humour, of shows like Peep Show will undoubtedly find plenty of laughs throughout this box set.

PS Just Ignore the pointless US remake.
  9. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll say it, the Inbetweeners is the best comedy series out there. It is the story of William McKenzie, a boy who has had to move to a crappy public high school as his mother can no longer afford to send him to a private school. The reason for this is that Will's father recently left his mother. At school he will do anything to try and make new friends and not stay with the "freaks." Enter the rest of the inbetweeners: Simon Cooper, a teenager who is constantly trying (and failing) to get with the girl of his dreams- Carly; Neil Sutherland, a massive idiot who is always getting lucky with the girls, while all his friends are failing and Jay, a constantly **** sex-pest, who seems to show no respect for women (he will always refer to girls as gash, clunge, muff or **** and is always failing with girls, no matter how many fake stories he tells about his life as a sex god. Together these four boys make up the inbetweeners, who are neither cool nor total geeks- they are in between. The comedy in this show is brilliant. Every one is so pathetic that you can't help but laugh at their every misfortune. From the time that Simon vomits on Carly's brother's head, to the time that Will completely fails to have sex with Charlotte (one of the most popular girls in the school) to the time that a incredibly drunken Jay tries to get a dutch girl to have sex with him, to the time that Neil wets the bed while Will is still in it. All of the antic that these boys do are hilarious. Never have I seen a show that captures what a teenage boy is like so realistically. There aren't those stereotypical, arrogant jocks who get all the girls (however there is Mark Donovan but even Will get's chosen over Mark when it comes to Charlotte) and there aren't those overly-exaggerated emo girls. This is a realistic and absolutely hilarious depiction of modern teenagers. Expand
  10. Feb 8, 2012
    Season 1: Absolutely hilarious. These four guys try to manage their life in and out of shool. First contacts to girls and alcohol included... Brilliant and way to short !
  11. Mar 9, 2012
    One of the best show to come out of the UK for years, I know many of the reviewers said that, but it's true.
    amazingly outrageous, yet believable character and a fabulous plot with twists you will never expected, all while mixing the sweet and mostly sour teenage life together. I actually cringed several times while watching the show just because of how painfully embarrassing the situation
    in the show was. Collapse
  12. Aug 8, 2012
    I absolutely love The Inbetweeners, every single episode has made me laugh, almost non-stop, the buddy comedy in it is terrific, it sort of portrays the antics a group of best mates go through, but ever so slightly exaggerated to the point where you can't imagine yourself doing the things that the boys in the program are doing, great TV series, and I loved to movie, too.
  13. Sep 20, 2012
    Easily in my top 10 TV shows of all time. The Inbetweeners is just hilarious and is still funny after watching it so many times! One of the best British shows I've seen, if you like British humour you've gotta check this out!
  14. Jan 20, 2013
    Humor: 9/10 Stories: 8/10 Characters: 8/10 = 8.33 (Excellent)
    Anyone who has lived any part of teenage life would (As the kids say these days) LOL at these jokes. I watched all 3 series' one after the other when I first found out of this series and I loved it. I still re-watch the episodes. However the more and more you watch this show the more you hate Will. I used to like him but now...
    He's the worst character. Neil FTW! Expand

It’s a coming of age comedy that’s raunchy and sophomoric, but, as is typical with Apatow products, it’s also character-based and at times kind of touching.
  2. Reviewed by: Jessica Shaw
    He's got a briefcase, a superhot mom, and three new buddies in social purgatory. Definite cult-show potential.
  3. It is, like much British comedy, unabashedly vulgar where its American cousins are relatively coy, an attitude that feels alternately trying and refreshingly healthy. You will recall that the Puritans brought their neuroses here. The kids, or rather the young adults playing the kids, are all very good.