The Last Templar

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 25, 2009

1. LisaP
    Feb 9, 2009
    This was a very, VERY thinly disguised sermon about how all atheists are really just faking it and will start praying and worshipping Jesus the second anything goes wrong for them. And then they'll throw out all of their morals and ideals because they'll realize that it's all about the faking it.
  2. SharonF.
    Jan 26, 2009
    An absolute mess. 4 hours of my life that I will never get back.
  3. CraigC.
    Jan 26, 2009
    I cannot believe how horrible this miniseries is. It is so poorly acted and directed it was nearly unwatchable. I thought it was a joke, when I realized it was serious, I was in disbelief. Whoever gave that project the Green Light should be fired.
  4. donaldd.
    Jan 27, 2009
    The first night was interesting to watch, the second night should have been avoided. A Nicholas Cage, she will never be. I feel that I have been duped by all the TV hype and advertising of this show. Fool me once.
  5. BarbaraM
    Jan 27, 2009
    The book was interesting. The first scene of the miniseries told you they were making a different movie with a different story. Mira's acting was terrible. The story was changed so much that it was painful to watch. They changed the ending and changed the whole theme of the book. I was extremely disappointed.
  6. JoeM
    Feb 17, 2009
    Mira Sorvino just sucks at acting, period.
  7. DonJ.
    Jan 25, 2009
    That was by far the worst attempt at entertainment that I have ever seen. Everything about that movie is an embarrassment to the movie making industry and society as a whole. The Producers should reevaluate the decision they made in making this film. I'm dumber after watching an hour of that dribble.
  8. Rose
    Jan 26, 2009
    Desperate. Was intrigued by the hype , having not read the book, but lost interest a soon as Mrs Indiana Jones was riding off on a horse in a cocktail dress , to joust with knights in Central Park Plot had potential until the writers added super mom and family
  9. dustins
    May 24, 2009
    I never post comments about shows, but had to for this one, this show is soooo lame and unrealistic in every way possible. The story is ok, its watchable maybe, but some of this is unbelievably bad......please quit airing it NBC. I had to post...its that bad.

1. After about an hour of jumbled storytelling and bizarre juxtapositions between the 13th century Latin Kingdom and 21st century New York, the prediction is you'll be less intrigued by the legend of the medieval Knights Templar than you will the prospect of catching up on your reading.
  2. What begins as a more than slightly fantastic revision of the Templar legend takes an ill-advised turn toward theological theorizing and New Agey spiritual advice.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Sorvino is wholly unconvincing as an Indy Jones type--which might actually work if the story went in a parodic, quasi-farce direction. But the whole production is hobbled by an uneven tone; it's not frightening enough to work as a conspiracy-adventure, not funny enough to work as light romantic comedy.