• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 29, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.0

1. Sep 2, 2014
    This show is great - childish, immature, very wrong but hilarious. Love the characters and nice to see 'The Douche' in another role. Dennis Feinstein is also great as the crazy cousin. (If you haven't seen Parks and Recreation - get into it!)
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    Just brilliant. Probably the best comedy show I've ever seen, great writing, good cast, fantastic humour. It doesn't even matter that I know close to nothing about american football and just a little about how fantasy football works - I still really enjoy the show.
  3. Jul 23, 2014
    Easily the best comedy on tv right now...it's to bad it's only 12-13 episodes a year, but it's one of the few shows that i look forward to seeing every week!
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    Holy cow is this ever funny. I'm not even usually a raunchy humor kind of guy, but every episode is filled with laughs. Sure, it's not the best script or whatever, but as a comedy, it doesn't get much better than this.
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    best show on tv, imo. outstanding cast (lajoie, kroll and scheer shine) and hilarious writing (the schaffers are 'seinfeld' and 'curb' veterans). as a thirty-something/nfl-loving, red-blooded american male who loves comedic entertainment....i'm fairly sure that the producers somehow snuck into my brain and tailored made this show just for me. seriously...outstanding product.
  6. Jan 14, 2013
    The show is decent at best, enjoyable enough at times. But mostly you will roll your eyes at the childish content, humorous in rare moments. It's almost as if the writers are inappropriate adolescents, it 's that pathetic. If you are a person who enjoys overplayed lazy sexual jokes, then you might of found a new comedy home. But as myself and most others, I enjoy intelligent, creativeThe show is decent at best, enjoyable enough at times. But mostly you will roll your eyes at the childish content, humorous in rare moments. It's almost as if the writers are inappropriate adolescents, it 's that pathetic. If you are a person who enjoys overplayed lazy sexual jokes, then you might of found a new comedy home. But as myself and most others, I enjoy intelligent, creative comedy series( Parks and Rec/Louie). If you have Netflix check it out if your one of the few who enjoys obnoxious material, lay your own judgement upon it. Expand
  7. Jan 30, 2012
    The League is finally a comedy that FX has got right. The bad thing about this show? There are only 6 episodes in this season. Hilarious show that is well worth the watch.
  8. Dec 25, 2011
    My favorite show on television by quite a lot at this time. I feel sorry for anybody that quit before they got to meet Rafi. :) This is certainly my kind of humor that pushes the boundaries of decency and invents it's own vocabulary like Eskimo Brothers, fear boner, and shiva blast. Seriously, if this isn't your kind of show, then you're not my kind of friend.
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    Clever, original and actually funny. Three things 90% of shows these days wouldn't know anything about.
  10. Dec 12, 2010
    This is not a metacritic friendly show. It has a target audience, which isn't even fantasy football players. People need to stop getting angry over the metacritic score; I don't wan't every show to strive for mass appeal.
  11. Oct 7, 2010
    I feel bad for those who gave up on this show after an admittedly mediocre series pilot. The last 3-4 episodes of the first season were the funniest thing on TV in 2009. Check out the episode reviews at rosterbating.com - explains a lot of the inside jokes and nuances for those unfamiliar with fantasy football (or male bonding in general.) Hoping for just as good a second season.

The raunchy comedy on The League had me laughing out loud a few times, but mostly I felt as though I’d seen it all done better before.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The dialogue is entirely composed of trash talk, and as far as that goes, it's pretty creative.
    Not much about this show rang true to me, except the moment when the league commissioner begged players to get their fees in on time.