• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 29, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.0

1. Jan 30, 2012
    The League is finally a comedy that FX has got right. The bad thing about this show? There are only 6 episodes in this season. Hilarious show that is well worth the watch.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Holy cow is this ever funny. I'm not even usually a raunchy humor kind of guy, but every episode is filled with laughs. Sure, it's not the best script or whatever, but as a comedy, it doesn't get much better than this.
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    The show is decent at best, enjoyable enough at times. But mostly you will roll your eyes at the childish content, humorous in rare moments. It's almost as if the writers are inappropriate adolescents, it 's that pathetic. If you are a person who enjoys overplayed lazy sexual jokes, then you might of found a new comedy home. But as myself and most others, I enjoy intelligent, creativeThe show is decent at best, enjoyable enough at times. But mostly you will roll your eyes at the childish content, humorous in rare moments. It's almost as if the writers are inappropriate adolescents, it 's that pathetic. If you are a person who enjoys overplayed lazy sexual jokes, then you might of found a new comedy home. But as myself and most others, I enjoy intelligent, creative comedy series( Parks and Rec/Louie). If you have Netflix check it out if your one of the few who enjoys obnoxious material, lay your own judgement upon it. Expand
  4. Sep 2, 2014
    This show is great - childish, immature, very wrong but hilarious. Love the characters and nice to see 'The Douche' in another role. Dennis Feinstein is also great as the crazy cousin. (If you haven't seen Parks and Recreation - get into it!)
  5. Nov 25, 2011
    Clever, original and actually funny. Three things 90% of shows these days wouldn't know anything about.
  6. Jan 22, 2013
    best show on tv, imo. outstanding cast (lajoie, kroll and scheer shine) and hilarious writing (the schaffers are 'seinfeld' and 'curb' veterans). as a thirty-something/nfl-loving, red-blooded american male who loves comedic entertainment....i'm fairly sure that the producers somehow snuck into my brain and tailored made this show just for me. seriously...outstanding product.
  7. Jul 23, 2014
    Easily the best comedy on tv right now...it's to bad it's only 12-13 episodes a year, but it's one of the few shows that i look forward to seeing every week!
  8. slickdaddy
    Oct 30, 2009
    I liked it a lot. I just joined a FF League this year for the first time, so it does add to the show for me. I would say its a 7.5 if I didn't understand FF.
  9. BobS
    Nov 6, 2009
    This show is hilarious! Of course I am into the man stuff and football geekiness, but my wife is not at all and she found the show hilarious as well. Of course a bunch of people will blast it cause of the dirtiness, but it is refreshing to me that a show is pushing the limits. I am an adult and I like adult humor and I am sick of the fact that others try to control the content of what I This show is hilarious! Of course I am into the man stuff and football geekiness, but my wife is not at all and she found the show hilarious as well. Of course a bunch of people will blast it cause of the dirtiness, but it is refreshing to me that a show is pushing the limits. I am an adult and I like adult humor and I am sick of the fact that others try to control the content of what I watch. You want to watch highway to heaven then do it, I don't care. I won't watch it. The same should apply the other way. Expand
  10. ToddF
    Nov 6, 2009
    Very mediocre. The main characters are not all that likeable, none of whom I can identify with. Why a show ostensibly about fantasy football has to resort to a bedroom scene of the wife inserting digit into hubby's rear during sex in the FIRST 15 MINUTES of the premiere episode is beyond me. Sorry, FX, but this show is headed towards fantasy purgatory.
  11. DylanF
    Jan 11, 2010
    If you like Sunny, the show taking the timeslot before this, you'll love The League. The characters are raunchy and somewhat offensive, but that's the purpose. Any guy knows that this show realistically portrays how a group of men would hang out together, in fact probably less offensively shown in the show than it is for most guys in real life. Each character I feel I can If you like Sunny, the show taking the timeslot before this, you'll love The League. The characters are raunchy and somewhat offensive, but that's the purpose. Any guy knows that this show realistically portrays how a group of men would hang out together, in fact probably less offensively shown in the show than it is for most guys in real life. Each character I feel I can connect with and each is likeable and funny in their own unique way. As for what Dave L had to say about Taco- I found him to be the funniest character on the show, being the off-the-wall stoner. Then again, I may just have a biased towards like Jon Lajoie. Expand
  12. briang
    Nov 19, 2009
    This show is the way real guys talk. The banter between the characters comes so fast sometimes you have to watch it twice to catch it all. Critics probably hate it because, lets face it, they are the wine drinking knobs that these characters (and most of my friends) make fun of, of coarse they don't get it. This show is right up there with Sienfeld and Curb Your.. in my book.
  13. KevinA
    Nov 4, 2009
    Yikes. I play fantasy sports and this looked like it could be good. But it was just sloppy and stupid. I turned off after half the show.
  14. JohnY
    Great Show!
  15. DaleD
    Oct 30, 2009
    Some very funy moments...especially for those with Fantasy Sports experience. The show has potential with a cast this strong.
  16. MikeT
    Oct 30, 2009
    Forced, unfunny, and dull, except Taco's song which was sorta charming. One and done.
  17. DanD
    Nov 13, 2009
    In line with the rest of FX offerings, this show goes where network shows want to and no Mormon viewer ever would. It's the most realistic portrayal of 30-something, post-fraternity life since, well, ever.
  18. GregoryH
    Nov 20, 2009
    If you're a dude and you have dude friends who play fantasy sports, then you know why this show is so damn funny. Crude, vulgar, and offensive? If you even use words like that in your everyday vocabulary, don't bother watching or reviewing this instant classic of a show.
  19. JoshyJ
    Nov 6, 2009
    The League is a 10 for dudes in their 30s who play fantasy football. It's still an 8 for everybody else. I think it's a brilliant mix of foul-mouthed potty humor, fantasy football and relationship commentary. The cast works great together and even though the humor may cross some people's "offensive" line, these guys are obviously intelligent. This isn't far off from me The League is a 10 for dudes in their 30s who play fantasy football. It's still an 8 for everybody else. I think it's a brilliant mix of foul-mouthed potty humor, fantasy football and relationship commentary. The cast works great together and even though the humor may cross some people's "offensive" line, these guys are obviously intelligent. This isn't far off from me & my friends' lives!! Outstanding show. Bravo!!! Expand
  20. nh
    Nov 7, 2009
    The writing's smart and funny, and the cast's chemistry is ace. The fact that it's based around fantasy football seems a moot point - you don't need to be a football fan to appreciate The League.
  21. jeffa
    Nov 7, 2009
    Pretty funny show. looking forward to future episodes to see if they can keep it up.
  22. DaveL
    Dec 14, 2009
    This show is laugh-out-loud funny. The passion these guys have for fantasy football is the way guys really are. This show rings true because this is the way my group of friends interacts with each other. The characters are all appealing, except Taco -- the character does not seem authentic.
  23. JohnP
    Dec 17, 2009
    Not bad, funny middle age guys acting like fools, my kind of humor. Good adult humor.
  24. ChrisB
    Dec 2, 2009
    If you know FF or NFL players, this show is hilarious. If you dont, then its still really really funny!
  25. TravisS
    Dec 8, 2009
    It's funny. It isn't totally about Fantasy sports which may be a negative to some, but to others it is refreshing. It shows a lot of promise, but it is not quite up to par with it's predecessor Always Sunny. Sunny needed a second season to really get everything together, which is why I think it would be in FX's best opinion not to cancel this show prematurely. Let a It's funny. It isn't totally about Fantasy sports which may be a negative to some, but to others it is refreshing. It shows a lot of promise, but it is not quite up to par with it's predecessor Always Sunny. Sunny needed a second season to really get everything together, which is why I think it would be in FX's best opinion not to cancel this show prematurely. Let a second season decide where the show will end up and then make judgment. But for now the ridiculous and over-the-top stories about these thirty-somethings, who are all excellently acted, is a fun enjoyable half hour. Expand
  26. DustinC
    Oct 29, 2009
    Shockingly (sarcastically), the critics poopooing this show are all harping on the "crudeness" of the show. Uh, what? I could watch this show with my grandmother and priest, its harmless. The only problem i see is keeping the fantasy football aspect of the show going beyond 3 episodes, it doesn't ever take a backseat in the initial episode, but it doesn't seem to have legs, Shockingly (sarcastically), the critics poopooing this show are all harping on the "crudeness" of the show. Uh, what? I could watch this show with my grandmother and priest, its harmless. The only problem i see is keeping the fantasy football aspect of the show going beyond 3 episodes, it doesn't ever take a backseat in the initial episode, but it doesn't seem to have legs, either. For one episode, however, i laugh out loud multiple times. Expand
  27. RyanW
    Oct 30, 2009
    incredibly funny, orginal, and on point with almost every joke... a perfect comedy partner to Sunny
  28. WilliamA
    Nov 12, 2009
    The funniest show i've seen in many years. I hope it continues to make me laugh.
  29. JoeK
    Nov 22, 2009
    Hilariously funny because it's about as close to real male friendship depiction as there is on TV. One of the rare times where you actually think a regular show is a reality show with how they interact with one another.
  30. EricG
    Nov 24, 2009
    This show is hysterical and as someone who has been in fantasy leagues for many years, I can attest to the accuracy of the show. Moreover, I wholeheartedly disagree with many of the negative reviews. Lastly, to the reviewers who call them lovable losers are on completely the wrong track. What makes them losers? (Except for the plastic surgeon, but even that is wrong because being a This show is hysterical and as someone who has been in fantasy leagues for many years, I can attest to the accuracy of the show. Moreover, I wholeheartedly disagree with many of the negative reviews. Lastly, to the reviewers who call them lovable losers are on completely the wrong track. What makes them losers? (Except for the plastic surgeon, but even that is wrong because being a plastic surgeon clearly pays off in a number of ways.) These are regular guys who hold down jobs and spend their spare time following their hobby, fantasy football. Sorry to ramble, but my last comment is that even my girlfriend, who does not know fantasy football, thinks this show is hilarious. Expand
  31. martin
    Dec 11, 2009
    HILARIOUS. this is a perfect follow up to always sunny. these days not a lot of shows make me laugh but the league always leaves me trying to stop laughing.
  32. WesD
    Dec 1, 2009
    The League is an extraordinarlily funny show. The best part about it is there are jokes for the Fantasy Football fanatics, but they are interwoven in a story about a group of friends that has a much broader appeal than just the FF niche.
  33. KevinG
    Dec 10, 2009
    The League is hilarious. They treat each other just like me and my friends do and it has to do with a sport that everyone loves watching, football. I can't wait for the next season to come out!
  34. BernardB
    Dec 12, 2009
    As a Brit, I've never watched NFL in my life, but this show is hilarious. It's the only recent show that I wanted to see as soon as it came online. I hope that it comes back for a second season because the first was a minor classic.
  35. steelew
    Dec 17, 2009
    Crude and hilarious. The interactions between the characters are so genuine that you feel like they are your 5 best friends. Taco is a little on the unbelievable side, but I think we all have friends that are a bit unbelievable. That being said this show can be pretty immature, but I don't mind. The potty humor is usually always funny, and sometimes delivered cleverly. I think Crude and hilarious. The interactions between the characters are so genuine that you feel like they are your 5 best friends. Taco is a little on the unbelievable side, but I think we all have friends that are a bit unbelievable. That being said this show can be pretty immature, but I don't mind. The potty humor is usually always funny, and sometimes delivered cleverly. I think EW's review pretty much nailed it, IMO. Bottom Line : If you and your friends are immature beer drinkers with crass mouths you will love it. If you are the type to have wine and cheese parties and wax philosophical, then do yourself a favor and change the channel. Expand
  36. ShariC
    Oct 31, 2009
    Really, really awful. It was attempting something funny but just veered into "being offensive for the sake of it".
  37. MartinK
    Dec 16, 2009
    Hilarious! You don't have to be a fantasy football fan, or even a football fan, to enjoy this show. It's more about how any longstanding group of guys constantly mess with each other.
  38. JamesB
    Dec 23, 2009
    Funniest show on television by far. I refused to show it to my female friends, telling them 'it's a guy show, you'd hate it'...after begging me to see it they watched it and loved it almost as much as me. No denying its hilarity. If it's not funny to you, then you got your panties too tight and might live a very boring life.
  39. Oct 7, 2010
    I feel bad for those who gave up on this show after an admittedly mediocre series pilot. The last 3-4 episodes of the first season were the funniest thing on TV in 2009. Check out the episode reviews at rosterbating.com - explains a lot of the inside jokes and nuances for those unfamiliar with fantasy football (or male bonding in general.) Hoping for just as good a second season.
  40. Dec 12, 2010
    This is not a metacritic friendly show. It has a target audience, which isn't even fantasy football players. People need to stop getting angry over the metacritic score; I don't wan't every show to strive for mass appeal.
  41. Dec 25, 2011
    My favorite show on television by quite a lot at this time. I feel sorry for anybody that quit before they got to meet Rafi. :) This is certainly my kind of humor that pushes the boundaries of decency and invents it's own vocabulary like Eskimo Brothers, fear boner, and shiva blast. Seriously, if this isn't your kind of show, then you're not my kind of friend.
  42. Aug 8, 2014
    Just brilliant. Probably the best comedy show I've ever seen, great writing, good cast, fantastic humour. It doesn't even matter that I know close to nothing about american football and just a little about how fantasy football works - I still really enjoy the show.

The raunchy comedy on The League had me laughing out loud a few times, but mostly I felt as though I’d seen it all done better before.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The dialogue is entirely composed of trash talk, and as far as that goes, it's pretty creative.
    Not much about this show rang true to me, except the moment when the league commissioner begged players to get their fees in on time.