The New Adventures of Old Christine : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.3

1. AliceA.
    Oct 22, 2007
    What happened to this show??? Bring it back it's so funny.
  2. dennisc
    Oct 9, 2006
    the episode about church offended me somewhat because I go to church twice weekly and talk to people who don't go to church and I am tolerant of people of different orientation. I think she overacted.
  3. pV
    Jul 29, 2007
    This show should have never gotten past the pilot. Dreyfus's billionaire father is the only reason it did! Dysfunctional Single motherhood! Did you know that 85% of the worlds criminals come from single mother households?
    Aug 18, 2007
    gooo clark
  5. sandyw
    May 2, 2006
    I have only been able to watch the show for a few minutes at a time before JLD's nervous over-acting, the ex husband's phony milktoast reasonableness and the brother's irritating, lame attempts at humor force me to change channels. The best part of this show is the satisfying feeling I get when I cut one of these characters off in mid-dialog. JLD was a non-talent before I have only been able to watch the show for a few minutes at a time before JLD's nervous over-acting, the ex husband's phony milktoast reasonableness and the brother's irritating, lame attempts at humor force me to change channels. The best part of this show is the satisfying feeling I get when I cut one of these characters off in mid-dialog. JLD was a non-talent before Seinfeld, very good on Seinfeld, and horrible post-Seinfeld. She, at best, is a second bananna who simply isnt funny as a comedy lead. Frankly it was George, Kramer and Elaines' frantic antics bouncing off Jerry with his exquisite sense of timing and low-key humor that made the 3 "curse" actors seem funny. IMHO, without Jerry they are just hacks. JLD simply hasnt figured that out yet. Expand
  6. MicheleH
    Jul 5, 2006
    It seems like every joke is about sex or human anatomy. This show doesn't take any chances; it just recycles tired-out jokes.
  7. miguelc
    Aug 7, 2006
    This show is lame and with so many unfunny jokes. It is just pathetic. I hope CBS has the guts to cancel it soon.
  8. AlanJ
    Oct 30, 2006
    This show gets better every week...Julia is back and I'm so glad.
  9. Matt
    Mar 14, 2006
    I'm not a JLD fan and was surprised how funny I found the show.
  10. MikeL
    Mar 14, 2006
    "Seinfeld Curse" lends unnecessary mystique to four shows that sucked (didn't Jason try twice?) And the least bad was (the original) Watching Ellie. This one isn't terribly original, doesn't aim too high and, yes, needs a little work. But it has promise, especially if they keep it around "2.5 Men." Speaking of which, aren't the two harpies that torture Christine the "Seinfeld Curse" lends unnecessary mystique to four shows that sucked (didn't Jason try twice?) And the least bad was (the original) Watching Ellie. This one isn't terribly original, doesn't aim too high and, yes, needs a little work. But it has promise, especially if they keep it around "2.5 Men." Speaking of which, aren't the two harpies that torture Christine the same two ravenous soccer moms from 2.5 Men? Nice casting touch. Expand
  11. vicc
    Mar 21, 2006
    Yuck! What is with these shows where everyone is single and jujmping in and out of bed with strangers. Tell me, when this character was flying in and out of bed with a total stranger, was her son supposed to be in the other room? What class (?!). This to me is not funny. I kept thinking, how do people get their teenage daughters keep them from being seduced by strangers who could be Yuck! What is with these shows where everyone is single and jujmping in and out of bed with strangers. Tell me, when this character was flying in and out of bed with a total stranger, was her son supposed to be in the other room? What class (?!). This to me is not funny. I kept thinking, how do people get their teenage daughters keep them from being seduced by strangers who could be dangerous, when these women on every sit-com are doing just that? What message do you really want to tell kids? On one hand, you scare about the violence and terrible people in the world, and the other, you say, but go ahead and pick up strange men and have sex with just anybody. Why are women trying so hard to be men? This single women-acting like men routine is very boring and completely unfunny. This tries WAY too hard to be funny as well. Way to exaggerated... Expand
  12. DomenicC
    Apr 11, 2006
    LOVED IT!!! didn't stop laughing from start to finish!!! and Best of all....Julia is BACK!!! one of the most talented comic actresses there is !!! YAY!!!
  13. TaliR
    Apr 13, 2006
    Hilarious. My husband thinks so to. It's a 9 because there are moments when the writing falls flat, but JLD is perfect for the character.
  14. ShannonB.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Julia L-D's portrayal of Christine is shrill and wheedling, grating my nerves like cheese. I liked her on Seinfeld, but for this go-round, I inwardly groaned too many times to count.
  15. richarda
    Jul 3, 2006
    good show
  16. justjack
    Aug 28, 2006
    i love burton!so excited that he's coming back!
  17. AliciaS
    Jun 4, 2007
    I really enjoy this show. I rarely watch t.v., but happened upon this while lurking around on cbs online. I haven't seen every episode, but I try to catch up on missed episodes online through cbs innertube.
  18. AndyS.k
    Aug 30, 2007
    It's a pretty witty show. I haven't seen all of the episodes. But, the writing is good and JLD is just fun to watch. It's earned a spot on my DVR!!
  19. MichaelV.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Just a hilarious show to watch and I never try to miss it =D!
  20. ReneeT
    Mar 14, 2006
    Yuck. The writing on this show is horrible, and Julia LD can't do anything but over-act. In the 2nd episode they showed last night, it was 5 minutes of urine jokes, followed by 25 minutes of not-even-funny sexual jokes. So, okay -- I agree --this show belongs in the bathroom. I did like the show much better when it was on "film" instead of the sitcom set. And I liked the supporting Yuck. The writing on this show is horrible, and Julia LD can't do anything but over-act. In the 2nd episode they showed last night, it was 5 minutes of urine jokes, followed by 25 minutes of not-even-funny sexual jokes. So, okay -- I agree --this show belongs in the bathroom. I did like the show much better when it was on "film" instead of the sitcom set. And I liked the supporting cast a lot. But you could tell they were all working uphill. Collapse
  21. DawnL
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have never written about a show b4...however, I think this one is great... My other favorite is 2 1/2 men...which this sitcom is on a par with..I hope this program survives....as it should !!
  22. KayD
    Mar 14, 2006
    I thought it was LOL funny!
  23. debbiem
    Mar 14, 2006
    Thought this show was very funny and a good fit after Two and a Half Men. Makes for a very funny hour on CBS.
  24. bluewater
    Mar 21, 2006
    waste of talent. funny moments, but not intriguingly funny to keep me watching... I'm outta here...
  25. JennieO
    Mar 21, 2006
    I missed the premiere night of two episodes, so only saw the third, and enjoyed it very much. Every new show needs a little time to gel, and I have very high hopes for this one. It's so nice to see Julia back in a vehicle where she can shine.
  26. WillyZ.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Lazy, tired, by-the-numbers sitcom crap.
  27. BobS
    Apr 13, 2006
    I like Julia L-D, but the laugh track makes me want to turn the show off. Not only is the laugh track loud, it's stupid -- it actually gets louder when the jokes are lamer. So, give it 8 for the show and -2 for the laugh track.
  28. CamiS
    Apr 17, 2006
    I started watching because I liked the relationship between Christine and Burton. It was quirky and cute. If Burton doesn't come back as a regular I'll probably give up on the show - it doesn't appear he will since he is not even listed in IMDB under the show, or on CBS.
  29. AnnetteB
    Aug 19, 2006
    Love this show and I'm fussy about my TV. Can't imagine why there isn't a second season!
  30. KayC.
    Oct 1, 2007
    Funny, entertaining show..better than most on TV right now!
  31. chrisl
    Feb 21, 2007
    i love this show. I am looking forward to the show coming back on.
  32. LizS
    May 20, 2007
    My Tivo is down to only one sit com now...and this is it. Hilarious show. Julia is such a crack-up, and don't get me started on Wanda Sykes!
  33. khalidt
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's a very funny show, and it gets funnier each new episode; looking forward for the show to be back on again
  34. Eileen
    Nov 14, 2006
    my new favorite!
  35. rebeccac
    Nov 21, 2006
    this show is hella funny!
  36. JoanG
    Nov 5, 2006
    I love the show. Can't wait for Monday nights.
  37. validusername
    Mar 13, 2006
    Ok so I've only seen 2 shows so far, but I have to say I laughed out loud several times tonight while watching them.. This show may just make it. It's much better than her last show for sure and I like the fact that they seem to have already introduced some slightly kooky characters like the girl with the thick glasses.
  38. JoanneH
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was surprised how funny it was. It kept my attention from the beginning. The 2nd episode was just as good.
  39. GlennJ
    Mar 14, 2006
    Really funny. I even knew some of the lines that were coming, and still laughed out lous when they were delivered. You just have to laugh at this gal - she's got the right attitude, the right style, and the right pizzaz. Comedy is all timing. And her timing is great. Hope some moron at the network doesn't give this show the axe.
  40. LinW
    Mar 15, 2006
    Tired and forced. It appears that Louis-Dreyfus has a supporting cast of herself in this one. Not much of a step up from Watching Ellie.
  41. LouP
    Mar 21, 2006
    Even though I like all the actors -- it's a well cast show, no doubt about it -- the writing is simply not good enough. The laugh track here is relentless and annoying, to the point you want to simply mute the sound and just watch the actors. This show would be so much better if it was shot without a studio audience. The forced laughter they use takes every ounce of heart out of the show.
  42. alee
    Mar 28, 2006
    Its good to have Julia back. Though, much of the script is hilarious, I feel it is a little forced. The supporting cast (aside from the new boyfriend Burton and Wanda) needs a little charge; her ex bugs. Wanda and Julia work well together. It would be nice to see them throwing lines more often. As for the shows premise, its good to see something that pertains to todays families; the Its good to have Julia back. Though, much of the script is hilarious, I feel it is a little forced. The supporting cast (aside from the new boyfriend Burton and Wanda) needs a little charge; her ex bugs. Wanda and Julia work well together. It would be nice to see them throwing lines more often. As for the shows premise, its good to see something that pertains to todays families; the single mom. Those that are naysaying about "another show about single women or a woman trying to make it in a mans world" obvisiously didn't watch the premier or any of the other episodes and have never gone through the struggle of everyday life as such. Isn't that what single moms and women in general have to deal with on a daily basis anyway? How to juggle the two; family/ work and still raise decent well behaved (and informed) kids fit for society. If written correctly, issues addressed within the show can encourage discussion about the sensitive subjects; how to handle them, what to do and not do. I like it! Expand
  43. DavidF.
    Apr 13, 2006
    I've watched this show a couple of times. I agree, I like the cast. But not a very original concept, and I can't say I laughed very much. To each their own, I guess. This is a cool website though!
  44. jAdams
    Apr 28, 2006
    Crazy Funny!!! We Love the show!! Christine's new boyfriend should come back on the air though!!
  45. JulieD
    Jan 13, 2007
    I love this show. It's hysterical!!!!
  46. davef
    Feb 12, 2007
    the cast around julia does not work. I can't take anymore. she tries real hard but its tough all by yourself.
  47. Becky
    May 12, 2007
    This show is so mindless and stupid, you won't be able to sit through the 30 minutes. the jokes are weak and laughter is forced, and you'd be better off watching "the class" or "how i met your mother".
  48. DavidK.
    Jan 28, 2008
    JLD is a revelation in this series. I think she firmly establishes herself among the very top television comediennes of all time.
  49. May 5, 2012
    Started to watch this. Heard the laugh track. Turned it off. I cannot abide watching a comedy and hearing other people laugh at every punch-line - whether it be funny or not. This could be a good show but I guess I'll never know.

1. While this could be funny, over the first three episodes the show is as confused as the star seems to be about her character's perfect hair (the style is different in nearly every scene).
    Louis-Dreyfus reaffirms her talents for playing exasperation and physical awkwardness. Christine stumbles repeatedly, but Louis-Dreyfus soars.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    One of the best conventional half-hours to come along in a while.