• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 24, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.3

1. Jul 15, 2013
    This is a great show. The second season had a bit of a rough history but as far as I can tell, the show is going great. Still funny and still extremely smart, The Newsroom is a fast paced show in which you must pay close attention. Also, to those who say that the show is "unrealistic", they should go watch the evening news. One of the better shows airing now.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    A great beginning to a new season of a series that pushes political boundaries and gives unique depth to recent events. This series is great due to the excellent acting and great contrast between drama and comedy. I can't wait to see where the new season goes.
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    Season 2 is absolutely fantastic. More twists, a lot more drama, amazing acting, and some great news. I gotta give it to Aaron he never lets me down.
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    This is an amazing show. The cast ensemble is mixed and work well off each other. The show is intelligent, fast paced and exciting. It hits the heart with its real stories and leaves the viewers thinking and wanting more.
  5. Aug 10, 2013
    Brilliant shows. Very interesting to see news stories reported in a way that everyone should want. And the guy below that said the stories aren't believable is a moron. The stories are nearly all actual real stories. Not based on real stories, ACTUAL stories. The only story that isn't real is the Genoa story, but it is based on the actual CNN story from the 90's that turned out to be extremely wrong. Collapse
  6. Sep 5, 2013
    Never have I EVER been so interested in politics. This show makes you laugh, cry, get nervous and also somehow feel more witty than everyone else all at the same time. I love the writing, You are constantly on the edge of your seat. I wish every show was written in this format of fast-talking two-conversation-at-a-time way. I loved social network and I love this show! Two thumbs WAY up! I will always be watching Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jul 18, 2013
    [The Newsroom] is much stronger and more solidly entertaining. [29 Jul 2013, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 15, 2013
    There's still a lot of craziness and rants designed to resonate with a certain demographic. But an air of if not humility then self-awareness pervades, softening everything it touches, even Will.
    I wouldn't say season two of The Newsroom is a big improvement over season one, but the show's definitely more measured and confident--and now that we've accepted that certain tics, such as setting the stories in a recent, real past, aren't going away, it's easier to appreciate what Sorkin and company do well.