• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
8.4

1. Jan 18, 2013
    Other than the opportunity to produce longer seasons, and thus increase the potential revenue generated, I can still see very little reason for the recent obsession of remaking some many TV programme that are successful elsewhere in the world for US audiences. Attempts to recreate shows such as Life on Mars have failed completely as their creators simply don't grasp the concepts that made the originals great.

I won
  2. Sep 11, 2012
    I can see why people like the show so much. It's funny, so funny at times that it was hard for me to breath, and the characters are very likeable. However, there is one thing that annoyed me about the show - There was too much of Steve Carell. There were times where he stayed on screen far too long and made turned w/e joke he was doing from funny to stale in an instant. Carell is very likeable though but I think it would have been a little bit better if he had a little less screen time. Still a very funny show though, Cant wait to watch season 2. Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2014
    It's short coming in at only 6 episodes, but this first season brings a lot of laughs. The excellent cast melds together perfectly, with stand out performances from Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson. The way it parodies working at an office, as well as it's believable characters, really make it a treat. I find it to be a stand out first season that I feel lives up to all of the hype I had heard about it from so many. Here's hoping this continues into season 2. Expand
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb.
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    The Office is awesome. One of the greatest shows ever. It is always so hilarious. The cast is amazing and have such good chemistry. Steve Carell is crazy funny and makes a perfect Michael Scott.
  6. Oct 17, 2010
    Its first season was short and inconsistent, but showed a lot of promise. "Diversity Day" remains one of the series' best episodes to date, but the rest of the season suffered from comparisons to its British counterpart and needed more than 8 episodes to find its footing.
  7. May 31, 2013
    The first season is inconsistent, failing separate from its British counterpart until the later episodes. The first episode is mostly a disaster, being almost a shot-for-shot remake of the British pilot. Still, the humor is there, the cast is charming, and the potential is evident after the pilot. 7.5/10
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    I still remember the 1st time I saw the office. I was on a flight and one of the episodes were The Office. I orihinally thought to myself, "This is going to be boring." Was I wrong...as this show is funny snd shocking. You perspectives from different people.
  9. Nov 24, 2010
    Solid start. Only complaint: Why are there only six episodes? Other than that, everything is pretty well done. This earns a seven because the effort put into the show seems to be non-evident, but it still ends up being good. Mixing farcical and comedic elements makes this show worthwhile.
  10. Dec 10, 2011
    In its first season, particularly the first few episodes, "The Office (US)" does not separate itself well from its British inspiration. However, with an episode like "Basketball" that sets up the characters so spectacularly, it's hard not to see the terrific direction the show is headed.
  11. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is very very good. The first season was short, but it showed great potential and after season 1 the show took off. Season 2 and on have been phenomanol.
  12. Jun 1, 2012
    Great social commentary of people in leadership positions who lack leadership skills and qualities interacting with people in lower positions who have better leadership skills. Just like in daily life. Shows how ridiculous ppl look when they distort their own reality to having such qualities, which makes amazing comedy to watch!!!
  13. Feb 14, 2012
    So hilarious. Michael, Jim, Dwight and Creed all standout in this show. Even all the other characters have great moments. I love how Michael hates Tobey's guts, it makes for some great moments. Great show.
  14. Sep 8, 2012
    An extremely fun series, the US version has managed to successfully surpass it's UK origins in popularity. The majority of humor within is based solely off awkward situations, great if you enjoy embarrassment and casual laughs.
  15. Feb 13, 2011
    The Office (U.S) is the best comedy series I have ever seen. It surpasses its U.K. predecessor in every way. This should be seen by all fans of Modern Family and Parks and Recreations.
  16. Aug 18, 2010
    This is SOOOOOO halarious and entertaining!!!! Steve Carrell has done his best along with his co-stars with HALARIOUS JOKES and situations! All of the seasons are so funny! I think you should see this show. Once you see it, you will fall in love with it!
  17. Aug 9, 2014
    Love this show, always reminds me of my inner morality, every character no matter what they go through are defined by that quiet genuine understanding of what makes them content with a job that is't so great. This formulation is a heartfelt direction The Office is built from, and it is what equals laughs aplenty and a few tears.
  18. CBZ
    Mar 8, 2011
    Although The Office started very well, after three seasons it became a very repetitive show where there was less humor and more drama. I wish they stopped when they were at its peak, like they did with the original UK version, which is a lot better for those people with more mature taste and sense of humor. Nonetheless, this is a good show and a landmark for the TV comedy.
  19. Aug 1, 2011
    The first season was a bit mixed. It was OK, but, first, Steve Carell's character was so annoying. The humor was borderline grating. But I'm glad that future seasons would improve. Watching these episodes again, my opinion hardly changes. But I, at least, decided on giving this a 6 instead of a 5.
  20. Jun 23, 2012
    This is one of the best comedy series i have ever seen. Dwight Shrute remains the most hilarious character . Even Steve Carrell is amazing in his role as a boss. It is better than the British counterpart. Some people might find it slow but it gets really funny as the seasons progress.
  21. Mar 30, 2014
    The first season of the American remake of "The Office" started off on a mixed note. The pilot was very similar to the British original, but in the next few episodes, the series picked up the pace. The turning point - for me, personally - was "The Alliance". The series showed even more promise with "Basketball" and the season finale, "Hot Girl". I really wanted to see where the show was going next for its subsequent seasons. I'm glad I did.
    Watch this show, all nine seasons! It's one of the greatest TV comedies ever. But don't forget the British version too.
  22. Feb 11, 2011
    Short but sweet. one of the best office seasons. Mainly because it sticks almost stricly to comedy rather than going into dramatic romance sub-plots that just don't belong like in the newer seasons.
  23. Jun 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The season finale of The Office mirrors the woes of the writers and producers of the show at this point. Faced with the enormous task of finding a replacement for Steve Carell is as tough, if not more, as replacing the bumbling and entertaining Michael Scott, Regional Manager of the Scranton branch. Diangello (Will Ferrel) was the first option but it didnâ Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    The first season is just an introduction to one of the most amazing television sitcoms of all time. Albeit too short, I thoroughly enjoyed it and had my share of laughs. The casting is just perfect, and it had me begging for more.
  25. Mar 16, 2011
    There has been an alarming falloff in humor in this once fine comedy series. Steve Carrell has ceased being funny at all and is now mostly pitiable. It's good that this will be his last year. Perhaps things will pick up next season --or perhaps the show has passed its best-before date.
  26. May 16, 2011
    Possibly the best comedy on television, NBC's The Office is a can't miss. The show's dynamic cast is lead by the one and only Steve Carrell and backed expertly by Rainn Wilson, John Krazinski, and Jenna Fischer. The later seasons see the introduction or increased screen time of B.J. Novak, Ed Helms and Craig Robinson. The first two seasons follow closely with the documentary style of the BBC original series of the same name. The following seasons move to a bit sleeker sit-com style that gets better with time. The constant clashing of Jim and Dwight and the outrageous antics of Michael are what sets this show above the rest. Expand
  27. Oct 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Itâ Expand
  28. dzy
    Apr 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of my favorite shows of all time, sadly it has dropped off a bit. It felt like something was lost when Pam and Jim finally married. It was still a great show after it, but not as amazing. And of course season 8's big change with a new boss. Season 8 had its moments, but what annoyed me the most was how jobs were just being given away. First was how Robert California just talked his way into becoming CEO of the company and second was one of the most recent episodes where Andy just loses his job to Nellie. Enough rambling.. the show was great. It had so many great and memorable moments, from Jim's pranks on Dwight, Michael's hate for Toby, and of course the mighty "That's What She Said" line we all know and love. Expand
  29. Feb 10, 2013
    This show is not afraid to cross the line and leave you shaking your head. It's brutal honesty to society and corporate slaves gives you some ROFL moments. But like all offices, it gets boring sometimes.
  30. Dec 12, 2013
    One of my favorite TV shows ever. I fell so deeply in love with it I don't even have words. Every single character makes the show magical. I do admit it took a couple episodes to get into but I got hooked. The show actually did a wonderful job of mixing comedy with some emotional tones. Pam and Jim were just a magical couple and I can't think of a better on screen TV couple.
  31. Jul 7, 2013
    Overall from season 1 to 9, I wish there was a season 10, to make it reach other few TV programs such as Small ville, as much as the jokes/funny moments and wittiness were a dying breed in former episodes. I do however applaud The Office for lasting that long, and carrying on without its major character *Steve Carrell*. I say a big Thank you for all the laughs from season 1 producing more funny moments than i could laugh at to 9 showing the show has more jokes as little as it may be up its sleeve. From the bottom of my heart, I say thank you The Office US. Great Job you kept me and a whole lot of people who understood the humor entertained! Expand
  32. Aug 4, 2013
    Love the show my top favorite shows. I think Dwight is my favorite characters but I miss Michael Scott. I don't want to spoil so I'll just say best show ever always full of surprises. Watched it I thought it was the weirdest show ever but I got hooked so now it's my fav!
  33. Aug 4, 2014
    The Office is absurdly funny and is probably the highlight of Steve Carrerll's carrier. With a great supporting cast and some fine timing, this NBC sitcom won multiple emmy's and golden globes. The writing is funny and the characters are also funny.
  34. Jan 18, 2013
    In Season 1 and 2, this was an incredibly funny and sweet show, with great characters, great plot lines, great humor, great everything. Sadly, now it is in somewhat of a decline, and I find myself slogging through it, instead of enjoying it. My biggest complaints, Steve Carrell. I thought I'd never say this, but instead of being incredibly funny, and scene stealing, his character is just plain annoying. It's because now the whole bumbling idiot schtick is wearing extremely thin, and for some reason, they writers choose to focus on him more and more and the other characters, most notably Jim and Dwight, get about 5 mins to shine, which they do. However, when Michael is looming around, and the other characters have their time, the show is at it's greatest and delivers great laughs. This show was great and had potential to grow and shine even more, but sadly it is quickly fading on me. Expand
  35. Nov 15, 2011
    this is my all time favorite TV show, I am 15 years old, and i even find humor in it. Every episode seems to get better and better, even though Steve Carrel left, it's still hilarious and and it's getting even better, i can't wait to see how the season turns out
  36. Apr 2, 2012
    You can tell that the americans based this off a much better UK program, but i'm not gonna hold that against them. This show is good to watch and the comedy is good for a saturday night while I'm eating my microwave dinner. Some episodes fall a bit flat, but mostly they are above average. I would reccomend to people, Thanks for reading.
  37. Aug 6, 2012
    This show remains my favorite show on TV. Even after Steve Carrell left, the writers adapted the show to keep it entertaining. It has lost some luster since Steve's departure, but is now more grounded and realistic. It is more down to earth while still being funny. Season 8 was not my favorite season, but it was sure up there. I can't wait to see what they do in Season 9.
  38. Nov 18, 2012
    Personally i think the series is far worse without steve carell 80% Of the jokes are based on him being a dumbass and the rest are pranks on dwight one of my favourite comedy shows ever
  39. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This comedy series is great. I've been watching it recently from season 1 and im now in season 7. The only thing that really bothers me is the Michael- Holly relationship. I was already relieved when Holly was put out for Nashua but when she came back it got worse. First off the actress didnt fit for the role. She's not as pretty as the character supposes and she looks older not to mention her annoying voice! There was a greater chemistry between Michael and Jan Levingson. She's perfect for Michael's character. She's the real hottie in the show and this show needs one. I hate it when they take her out and when they made her insane. She needs to be back in the show and no Holly show ups anymore please!! Expand
  40. Oct 1, 2013
    the office is an extremely funny sitcom that also delves into deeper social issues if you look hard enough. Set perfectly in the dead little city of Scranton with a Lot of grays, It might depress a bit after hearing the employees struggles although it is extremely funny.
  41. Feb 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Office is a totally underrated TV show that is hated by most critics, but loved by most watchers. The newest seasons however lack the hilarity that the first seasons had with Steve Carell. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jul 1, 2013
    It's ironic that NBC's most original sitcom in years is a remake, but who cares? The Office is a daring, unflinching take on very American workplace tensions.
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    Devotees are probably poised to dismiss the adaptation out of hand, but I found enough funny business here to overcome my sales resistance.
  3. Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Jun 18, 2013
    The good news for fans — and neophytes — is that the new sitcom is clever and insular, capturing all the drudgery, awkwardness, and rivalry of cubicle living. ... Ultimately, though, The Office lacks the aching subtlety of the BBC version.