The Path to 9/11 : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2006
5.3

1. LL
    Sep 9, 2006
    Feel free to provide facts that were falsely shown in the movie.
  2. Yawn...
    Sep 11, 2006
    Meh, it's just o.k. at best. The dialog is wooden and I've seen better camera work at YouTube. I could care less about the politics, the shoddy craftsmanship makes this is a stinker from any cinematic point of view.
  3. BobW
    Sep 13, 2006
    I'm kind of stunned that so many people can't see where this is slanted. Are they off, or am I? That aside, it's mostly fairly boring and pretentious -- at least an hour too long, and pretty erratic.And what's with the lady playing Madeleine Albright? She sounded like one of the those characters June Foray voiced on Jay Ward cartoons.
  4. IndePendant
    Sep 11, 2006
    Oooh boy who are the users reviewing this!! You guys giving 0's and 10's should be ashamed of yourselves. The story...6 (sorry democrats but Clinton does play a part in our current terrorist crisis). The action...5 (forced, hard to follow, too cocky crime drama-ish with short words and macho talk. There are some very good scenes though like Kenya). The acting...6 (some good, Oooh boy who are the users reviewing this!! You guys giving 0's and 10's should be ashamed of yourselves. The story...6 (sorry democrats but Clinton does play a part in our current terrorist crisis). The action...5 (forced, hard to follow, too cocky crime drama-ish with short words and macho talk. There are some very good scenes though like Kenya). The acting...6 (some good, some cliched, with too much Tom Clancy wannabe machoism at times). Political Propaganda? Maybe some of it, but all the past presidents since the 1970's are responsible for the crisis we now face, not just Bush and not just Clinton. I hate to say it but the American people are the real ones to blame for letting presidents get off the hook. Bush is taking some deserved heat, but Clinton deserves a good cooking too. Really though, people trying to blame a president for all the terrorism are idiots, this is a cultural war. This TV show doesn't prove this, it is just a snapshot that tries to simplify a complex issue that has gone on since the Middle Ages. Expand

The six-hour film plays like a 9/11 version of "Syriana" or "Traffic," replete with ultra-close-ups and so much shaky, hand-held footage it can feel like being led around the world, half-drunk and half-blind.
    It is intensely serious, and seriously well done.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The results strain so hard to be objective and evenhanded that they're useless as drama. [8 Sep 2006, p.149]