• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.9

1. Feb 15, 2014
    All of the negative reviews read like they were written by children, I enjoy the characters and support Mark Pellegrino as a prominent television actor and unlike those that simply read the title or perhaps watch the pilot and then claim insight into the quality of the series I respect any shows development phase and understand that one cannot justly review a series until it has at least two seasons under it's belt and has been renewed for a third because up until then it isn't a series, it's still forming it's characters and story. The first season is shaping up quite nicely if you had actually checked it out. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    Very disappointed. I was so excited to see a new Sci Fi series. It was painful to watch. The acting was sub par. The story had potential but the characters were just boring. Complete waste of time.
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    The beginning part may seem predictable as well as "familiar" in any Teen Drama, but the transition from that genre begins the moment we move from the familiar "Daddy problem" plot to the next part where the show achieves a change in the main character. While the maturity from "punk" to "benevolent person" may seem to be unbelievable, but after being given enough evidence to support either or sides, I can believe the main character's choice after some big reveals and ending sequence. I am glad it doesn't have Teen angst, but I would like to see more development. People don't like having new things shoved down their throat in the span of ten minutes after revealing one thing. Robbie Amell does have the family talent, in my eyes, and I can hope that the character he is portraying will continue to shine under his care. Also, I would like to know a little more about the Tomorrow People before I can care to make the connection between the title to these guys who are apparently "the good guys" in the story. But, it is possible that under their desire to be free of persecution by the people who hunt them could be less than friendly towards the other species and that would probably be a huge conflict within the show. There is plenty of evidence to support that idea. Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    the show may seem boring and pretty predictable. but its not. it is really interesting. the cast delivers just the right amount of acting for their roles. not boring and certainly unpredictable. truly awesome.
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    I love this show. The actors have great performances almost every night. And while the storyline can sometimes be somewhat predictable, the show is very enticing for people to watch. I am not really a fan of sci-fi shows, but I am very pleased with the show. I have been with the show since the beginning and when I have been disappointed, I always rturned the next week to see if the show got better. So far, it has! Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2013
    This show is great i cant wait to get home and watch it each and every Wednesday. This is one of my families favorite shows. The charters in the Tomorrow people are all excellent actors.
  7. Feb 28, 2014
    Absolutely love this show. So many people expect TV shows to be perfect and lose interest after the first episode. Pilots aren't usually the best of the series, and TTP keeps getting better and better. Characters are far from boring, and the main characters are pretty well developed. Obviously this takes time, as many people seem to forget. The people who want to instantly get to the main point of the entire series should just watch a movie. This show has lots of potential and certainly deserves a second season, especially if you consider other shows that are up for renewal alongside it. Expand
  8. Mar 23, 2014
    I am a person who generally doesn't like a TV series, but The Tomorrow People is simply an amazing series. I really enjoy each episode that is aired, and i always look forward to the next week, just to watch the next episode. This series is by far the best series i have come across, as it has drama and sci-fi, consisting of twists and turns. The story as well the characters is amazing, and the actors who play the roles are great at acting their part. I hope that the series is continued with the same characters. I Love This Show and Look forward for it to be continued! Expand
  9. Dec 14, 2013
    THIS is one of my favorite new shows of the the 2013/14 season. They show has a lot of emotion in it and they characters are ones that you actually care about, especially Cara. Poor Stephen is a hero and is a selfless person that is pretty much Clark Kent of Smallville. Jedikiah is one that you love to hate. GREAT SHOW!
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    What better than to accompany one beautiful Amell with another? With "Tomorrow People," we get that double dose....and what a double dose that is! "Arrow" was easily one of the best new shows of last season and if the season premiere of "Arrow is any indication of where this show could go, it could be up there this season. Great action, great special effects, good humour, good writing...and this is just the pilot. Looking forward to see where this show will grow as the cast and writers progress. Too bad it's only a thirteen-episode season! Expand
  11. Oct 9, 2013
    This show is so bad, it is like a bad version of Alphas and Jumper. Too cliche, bad writing, bad acting. Makes me sad because I liked the original Tomorrow People it had substance this doesn't
  12. Oct 9, 2013
    You call this a remake? How come those idiots at The CW making a reboot of one of my favorite British TV shows of the 1970s? I remember when The Tomorrow People aired on Nickelodeon in the early '90s (although it's not a remake of the TV version). But in 2013, I think this reboot of a whole needs to be canceled for good. Just like Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, and Charlie's Angels, no one wants to see classic TV shows turned into reboots. I think I'll see Arrow and Nikita instead. Expand
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    As a child, I watched the original show and loved it. I know now that it was campy, but the ideas and the characters always stuck with me. This evolution of the Tomorrow People has kept the best of the original British series and brought it into the 21st century.

I'm excited to see how this Jedikiah story is resolved. Will he be the ongoing villain or will he be resolved in 8
    episodes like the original alien Jedikiah? I like the idea of a 'double agent' for the good guys, and the suggestion that Stephen may not have chosen his side just yet is intriguing. I hope his dad's not dead, but I doubt we'll see him any time this season, since that would change the dynamic of the group. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2013
    The show has gone downhill since its premiere which wasn't that great to be honest.. The show lacks a great storyline i think Julie is focusing more about The originals and the vampire diaries than this show. it's like a side dish to her.
  15. Oct 19, 2013
    Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule. Heard The Hundred is much better.
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    I think this is a terrible show.

I was disgusted by even spending time watching it. It's predictable, boring, stupid, cliched, and so commercialized. The cast is not surprisingly attractive, with perfect white skin and teeth.

The plot is extremely cliched. You can call it an X-men rip-off, Heroes-rip off, Alphas-rip off, or whatever. The whole idea of having a young teen discovering
    about his hidden powers has became the ultimate YA cliche. I don't know how can any sane person consider this show good?

I am also baffled by Dan Steven's involvement. A rising star, from Downton Abbey fame. He left that show (which has turned into a boring soap opera, but it's still superior to this one) so he can pursue a career in Hollywood. I wonder if this is what he had in mind when he left Downton, because in this show he is a computer voice! A freaking computer voice. And Dan Stevens has more talent than the "perfect looking" lead.

The sole thought that there are people watching this, and considering it good, makes me wanna vomit. I can't believe that after shows like Game of Thrones and Mad Men, The CW still exists.

The only positive trait this show bears are the effects. I was very surprised by the visual direction The CW had taken. Other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Arrow and Smallville had terrible effects. These effects can rival many modern television shows.

At the end, if this show survives, I would lose all faith in humanity.
  17. Oct 25, 2013
    Boring. Just, boring. You can tell this show has all the pieces that the CW says their shows should have, but you don't really care about any of it. THematically it has nothing to say, tonally it is everything we've already seen, and the big bag government agency is so outdated and cliche. The one bright spot in the show is Peyton List, who I'm glad is finally getting the recognition and star power she deserves. Congrats Peyton, now go book another show. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    This show could have been so good if it would have taken the XMen or Alphas approach and made the super powers a metaphor for something greater. And they could have explored the story of a teenager grappling with mental illness in a world he is not sure is real, but they glossed over all that to get to the secret lairs and secret government labs. Swing and a miss.
  19. Nov 7, 2013
    I was a fan of Tomorrow people TOS. What I like was youth empowerment, expecting the unexpected, and non violence. In the original series, Tomorrow people were willing to help anybody regardless of whether they were TP or not. My favorite character was Mike. He brought energy and a fresh sense of morality IE One law for the rich and the poor against sleeping under bridges. A law the rich have no reason to break.
    Of what I saw so far, The New Tomorrow people are constantly hunted by one organization that forces them to go underground. I found the plots to be predictable and the characters to be underdeveloped. The characters are supposed to be teens. By any stretch of the imagination, I cant believe Steven is in High School. My advice, fire the writers, create a Mike character, put the TP's in more diverse situation, find more of a role for Tim.
  20. Feb 13, 2014
    This serie is awsome, best serie i´ve ever seen, i really loved it and i waint the next episode! I wish this serie never ends!Is for that im voting, because i want this srie to continue
  21. Feb 20, 2014
    This show is absolutely one of the best on tv, it took time to pick up. it's getting better with every episode! Watch more than one to see the greatness before writing a review based off of not seeing how greatly it's improved ...watch how much better it gets with each episode. I promise!
  22. Mar 10, 2014
    I love this TV show and so do my friends. I do not know why other people dislike it? It looks 'real' unlike some tv shows where you can tell it has been modified. So far, this is the best tv show I like by far. It is funny as well :)
  23. Apr 5, 2014
    Love this show. Characters and scripts are witty and sharp. Remake or not our family love the twists & turns of the story and the realism - eg people getting genuinely pissed off with each other, not rom-com annoyed - as far as you can be real with superpowers.. I've read the reviews of people who don't like the show and believe they are missing not only the point but also a good time. This is a fun show to watch. Expand
  24. Jun 11, 2014
    One of the better recent Sci-Fi series I've seen, shame it was cancelled after one season. Wee bit too much teen drama for my liking, but overall was very happy with it.
  25. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is very CW: good looking young people struggling with both an ongoing mystery/fight against bad people as well as the drama in their love lives. There is even a main character dealing with the difficulties of fitting in at high school. sigh.

Yes, the concept has been done many times, and this isn't even in the same ballpark as Heroes season 1. But there might be enough drama created by Stephen doing the double agent thing. Only time will tell.

I'm torn about rating this because on one hand it is a formulaic teen show. On the other it is helping to make sci-fi more mainstream and if shows like these are successful we should hopefully get more on our screens.
  26. Feb 6, 2014
    I really like this reboot, as I've been waiting many years to see this show come back since I was a kid. There's enough twists and turns to keep me interested, although a few logic errors and inconsistencies that throw me out of the story at times. However, for entertainment value, I enjoy it.

The storyline and character development have gotten better over the span of the episodes, so I
    do hope that the writers continue their creativity and depth with the characters. Emotional tensions keep the momentum going. I want more ambiguity of character from Jedekiah, and even Steven's mom, who has been slow in coming. But I think it's on the right track as long as they remember that they are playing to an intelligent audience. Expand
  27. Oct 12, 2014
    I am a big sci-fi fan and i love anything remotely related to super powers, but even i cannot stand this horribly written show whose aim seems to be only to hire super models and show off their flesh! What would you do if you had the power to teleport anywhere, move anything with your mind, telepathy and the power to stop time? - The answer is to fight with your fists!!! As weird as it may seem, that is the logic the writers use in this very badly written show! Even in many situations were they can use their powers, they are stupid enough to not to use them. Even if they do, they use it in the most unimaginative way possible to teleport sideways and use their fists again! If their aim is to just run for their lives, wouldn't it be a better option to just teleport far off from where the fight is going on? That is something for think about when you watch this most illogically written show for dumb people. I feel bad for wasting hours watching this show, it is no wonder they cancelled it! Expand
  28. Oct 14, 2014
    One moral of deciding to remake a television series is undeniably: Never....ever...insult the intelligences of your audience. If there is one theme that can be extracted from The Tomorrow People (version 2.0), it is the incessant need for the scriptwriters to assume you have been licking lead toys for no less than a decade.

The overall plot of the season 1 story has its appeal. And it
    has a generally good cast to execute each role. Still, the script itself - not too mention the far too obvious advertising shots for Microsoft - beats the viewer down with repetitive yet watery jargon that unendingly differentiates the magically gifted Homo superior (The Tomorrow People) from Homo sapiens (wherever you might live). And this language is overly abundant in every single episode.

The over and inconsistent use of "our species", "paranormal", and even the series' namesake "The Tomorrow People" in the script might lead one to believe that the writers truly don't believe the viewer can understand that these gifted young acolytes of the Nintendo are somehow different from their non-gifted counterparts.

Add to this any number of scenes in which actors are glued to the exact same computer screen with the non-informative whirling DNA model, whether they are in the subway laboratory or in the Ultra stronghold and you get the feeling that the characters are merely play acting.

There are points in the season where the show displays its strengths in developing the characters constitutionally, emotionally, and hey - they even develop some cool superman punches. Moreover, a couple of the characters show solid traits of ambiguity, of their own ambivalence to their goals and means to achieve them. Mark Pellegrino is the perfect example of a character convincing enough to be believable and connect-worthy by the viewer. Of all of the cast, his execution is the most complex. And perhaps Aaron Yoo's portrayal of Russell may be viewed as the most human.

Other times the characters lose credibility due to the writers' need to have a main character shirtless - alot - even at awkward points (i.e. Boy fights to reach mysterious death machine. Boy gets in mysterious death machine to save world. Oh wait, for the machine to work the boy has to - yep you guessed it - take his shirt off. We aren't quite sure how important this is for the machine to work, or the plot for that matter. But the flesh score quota has at least been met for the episode. )

Convincing an audience that the characters are real and the plot and setting are legitimate, however fantastic, is no easy feat. But treating the audience like sex-appeal crazed Neanderthals (whatever that means) who are assumed to have no way of understanding a concept unless you wield a bludgeon and spell it out, is a good recipe for an unsustainable series.

This series had promise and was a good idea, but its execution became completely lost in the hype of pop-culture and commercial sponsorship. Perhaps a South Park parody on the series (and of the CW 'esque spin on storylines) might find better success.
  29. Apr 8, 2014
    Serie meio sessão da tarde, a maior parte dos atores é desconhecida pra mim, mas é legalzinha, a ideia é boa e a história regular, bons efeitos e uma trama bem trançada...Vamos ver no que dá!
  30. Mar 24, 2014
    This show is not as horrible as viewers are making it out to be. From what I've seen it is pretty cool. The majority of episodes are action packed and keeps me on the edge of my seat. There have been a few episode where I think what were the writers thinking, I find Steven the main character annoying, but besides that I hope the show continues and the tomorrow people step up and stop hiding underground and use their powers for good! Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 31, 2013
    The CW has established a reliable [network formula]: beautiful young things plus alienation plus supernatural powers plus slim-fit leather jackets. It works again in this new series. [11 Nov 2013, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Margaret Lyons
    Oct 9, 2013
    Teen shows and sci-fi shows often get a bad rap for being ridiculous or campy or stupid, and Tomorrow People isn't any of those things. Unfortunately, it's just boring.
  3. Reviewed by: Sydney Bucksbaum
    Oct 9, 2013
    This won't be a show focusing on teenage angst, which is a healthy breath of fresh air from a network that capitalizes on brooding male protagonists.... One major aspect the pilot lacks is character development, as the fast-paced action and plot dominate the first hour to set up the series.