• Network: Showtime
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.9

1. [anonymous]
    Mar 22, 2009
    Really guys? Whats with the 10s? Henry the 8th wasn't some whiny twerp. He was a big powerful dude. The acting in this is sub par at best. The show goes nowhere fast, and focuses on the most boring crowd pleasing aspect of the story. Don't believe the myriad high scores. I watched a whole season and I don't know why. There is zero payoff.
  2. seanf.
    Aug 16, 2008
    Great writing. absolute fantastic writing all round especially king henry. Very engaging series. Cant wait for the next one.
  3. Lynnette
    Jun 26, 2008
    Fantastic series, original ideas on how to tell the life of Henry, great performances from all leading cast and really addictive. I will be looking forward to the next series for sure.
  4. kaleyF.
    Jun 15, 2008
    I LOVE this show! It's not always completely accurate but who cares! The actors are amazing. Best show on TV for sure!
  5. KaseyD
    Jun 14, 2008
    Amazing show. The 2nd season was way more accurate than the first. Jonathan Rhys Myers, Natalie Dormer and Jeremy Northam all give amazing performances. I am in love with this show.
  6. Jose-IgnacioP
    Jun 11, 2008
    Amazing show, it´s great. The cast was superb. History comes alive!
  7. TrudyM.
    Jun 11, 2008
    2nd season was amazing!!! If you haven't seen it watch it. You will be hooked. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the hottest actor out there.
  8. LatriceR.
    Jun 8, 2008
    THE BEST EVER!!!! LOVE THE TUDORS!!!! Great Actors, Beautiful Scenes, Beautiful Costumes.Please keep making more of these type series. And Please bring back THE TUDORS SOON!!!!
  9. DanS
    Jun 3, 2008
    The Tudors is Spectacular TV Fair as are all Showtime series. Thank God for Showtime. My Fav Dexter. Also Californication. Hell they are all excellent!!!!!
  10. FranM.
    May 30, 2008
    First rate drama. I am looking forward to MORE!
  11. AnnetteS.
    May 30, 2008
    Best show on TV.
  12. KennyW
    May 27, 2008
    Wow, eye opener to history. Hope the Ann B family lines can now rest that she was not what they said she was. She to was a victom of circumstances, hay like a good daughter she died for her father, how well he took her to her death in so many ways.
  13. LeonaG
    May 27, 2008
    It opens up alot of the historical lies that I took as truth. Anne was a victom, she was a pawn for others to gain power. since watching the show I have done some researching of my owm, thats how I can say that she was a victom. I am my own families historian, have and am still doing out genealogy tree. History should be taught by doing ones own tree, it makes it come alive in a much It opens up alot of the historical lies that I took as truth. Anne was a victom, she was a pawn for others to gain power. since watching the show I have done some researching of my owm, thats how I can say that she was a victom. I am my own families historian, have and am still doing out genealogy tree. History should be taught by doing ones own tree, it makes it come alive in a much better way. If a lie is exposed then the truth should take its place. My heart goes to the Anne B family, and her cousin. There should be an honorable ceremony for them. I wonder how hard would it take to over turn her vertic from guilty to not guilty, but guilty by association. Expand
  14. Norma
    May 12, 2008
    Can't wait for each new episode. The best series on television!
  15. PatP.
    May 9, 2008
    Great way to get all that history I hated in school laced with sex.
  16. JanetS.
    May 8, 2008
    This is a very amazing show, how they put History of the Tudors in 1 hour is amazing, it is also very exciting to watch.
  17. AS
    May 7, 2008
    I love this show. It is interesting to see the Tudors in a soap opera like setting. I would only like to see more historical accuracy.
  18. CarlettaE.
    May 7, 2008
    the show is breathtaking and the actors keep you on the edge of your seat in anticipation. Bravo Tudors.
  19. WendyF.
    May 3, 2008
    JRM is just not believable in the role of Henry - too short and too whiney.
  20. StephenR.
    May 2, 2008
    Fantastic show, maybe not all that historically accurate, but Fantastic nonetheless!!
  21. KarenC.
    May 2, 2008
    Awesome show
  22. TudorsOnline
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Tudors is a beautifully filmed, wonderfully written and superbly acted show documenting the life and times of King Henry VIII. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Natalie Dormer, Jeremy Northam and the entire cast add rich layers to these characters in ways that seem impossible. The show was fantastic in its first season but has only become more mesmerizing in its sophomore year.
  23. KathyS.
    Apr 13, 2008
    This is the best series I have seen on TV. I think the acting is superb and the series is addictive. I cannot wait until Sunday night.
  24. PeterG.
    Apr 12, 2008
    I really enjoy this show. Its good history, and great acting.
  25. WilliamB.
    Apr 7, 2008
    This show is just as great this season as the first, and anything with the amazingly hot Natalie Dormer gets high marks.

This is one historical drama that takes itself far more seriously than it deserves to, given the quality of the writing and the flatness of many performances.
  2. Henry and Anne nag and harp and tongue each other. It's like asking us to root for a particularly vapid reality TV couple.
  3. The acting, led by Rhys Meyers, is solid. The costumes and production are good and the dialogue smooth, though one wonders if clergy in the 16th century really used the word "newfangled."