• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would notDefinitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    The writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie bodyThe writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie body parts still move around and the zombie doesnt stay dead. In season 2 all knives are somehow magical. The characters are incredibly moronic. A zombie is looking for you. You hide in a closet. What do you do? You start fumbling around with a gun and then obviously drop it so the zombie comes after you. You know that if you get zombie blood in your mouth you turn into a zombie. What do you do? You stab the zombie repeatedly while your mouth is gaping open. Girl knows zombies follow sound. Starts crying. Zombies coming after you. Crouch behind a car right in front of the zombies, cut yourself on the car, then just start stumbling around. You tell a girl to stay here and that you'll come back for her. Girl leaves. In any situation just imagine what a person would the brains of a zombie would do and your prediction will be spot on.

Even though they're incredibly slow zombies will come out of nowhere, suddenly swarming the group in a vast open area. The **** with the characters. The hysteric acting. The moronic plot devices. Nice costumes, but who watches a show if the only redeeming part is the costumes?
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    first season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not tryfirst season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not try to hollywoodize what could have been a great moment in the show, but poorly poorly executed. i still hold out hope for it as the first season was pretty good Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. How is it that no one has pointed out how despicable the writing is for this show. I can think of no lazier device to convey a character's thoughts than the monologue to no one, but in S2E1 they did it no less than three times. The dialogue is borderline retarded, and they insist on having each character do the dumbest thing possible at all times. Why he hell did that little girl get out from under the car when the zombie herd hadn't passed by more than 5 seconds ago?! That wouldn't happen. Why would that idiotic blond woman who always has a stupid look on her face be fumbling in the bathroom clanking metal pieces together while simultaneously trying to hide from a zombie!? She wouldn't! There's just so much stupidity that goes on with this show that its hard to take and its really a shame that they're turning such great source material into such drivel. Collapse
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't beI loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a series about farming.

EVERYTHING that was good, no GREAT, about the first series is gone. In episode 5 for example, we had to the two main leads spending five minutes talking in a forest about girlfriends and sexual exploits from high school! Now I know characters need fleshing out, but it also needs to be relevant. I want to know that I'm being taken somewhere, not in circles leading nowhere. It seems like there's 30 minutes of bland filler in every episode now. Did they run out of money? Ideas? Where has the suspense gone? And I don't mean the 'soap opera' suspense about "Who is the father?" or "Will-they-won't-they?" Bring back the zombies, put in some more action of the type that is demanded, and necessary, of this genre, because it's in danger of leaving the genre behind and becoming The Waltons.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    The first season was decent. The second season, in which they've sacrificed a lot of plot for character development, completely blows. None of these characters are very interesting outside of a pure-survival context. That combined with the questionable screenwriting and the actors being mediocre at best almost makes this show unbearable to watch.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    First Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women storyFirst Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women story sucks, the lost girl situation is sick. I think they are trying to extend the season with trash story and a lot of repeated dialogue. I loved first season I hate the second. They have horrible screenwritters this season. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  11. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.
  12. Oct 17, 2011
    Season 1 was good for a Zombie TV series. Decent story line, great effects. Simple formula. Season 2 has all the same qualities but it seems a little more tied down with its somewhat amateur actors and more 'Greys Anatomy' sub plots. Gonna pass on this one this season.
  13. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Expand
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad. Too bad. No story. Pathetic characters, silly situations, unbearable lines... Four episodes so long oand the story is not going in any place. Dull boring and predictable. I really do not understand how can receive a metascore of 81! Epic fail.
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    Season 2 is a huge let down! Season 1 was great. You had a catchy story line with good characters and lots of action. The walking dead out numbered the living at least 10 to one! Every episode had zombies and gut wrenching gross scenes! It was a blast. Now with Season 2 we have more living and less walking dead! Maybe the script is more dead than the dead! We've spent way too much timeSeason 2 is a huge let down! Season 1 was great. You had a catchy story line with good characters and lots of action. The walking dead out numbered the living at least 10 to one! Every episode had zombies and gut wrenching gross scenes! It was a blast. Now with Season 2 we have more living and less walking dead! Maybe the script is more dead than the dead! We've spent way too much time developing the characters - it's almost become a night time Soap! The story line needs to move on to something new, we've spent way too much time on the farm and way too little time fighting off the zombies! Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me and my girlfriend have been waiting impatiently for season 1 of one of the best first season of a TV series we saw in a long time, Dexter being the only real competitor, going strong for 6 seasons. We expected The Walking Dead to be as strong, or maybe even stronger as the seasons go. But then I saw episode one and painfully saw episode two.... three. And four... Read some of the reviews and was mesmerized. The main points of the reviews are that it is unpredictable, the suspense is intense and the costumes are great. I must admit the costumes are great. But there was a strong feeling of predictability. Four episodes searching for a kid? Really? Half an episode trying to save one single water well when there are 4 more on the property that ended up in being contaminated anyways? I was pretty good at guessing what was going to happen as I predicted that what would probably happen was what would not move the story further. And I was right.

Some stuff was surprising, of course, a few scenes were still pretty cool but all the "situations" created ended up being boring and bottom line stalling the entire season into an oblivion of ideas, creativity and leaving the series hang on only a few unmemorable scenes of single zombie attack, a two minutes of pathetic sex and many many attempts for a deeper story line failing at mediocre redundant dialogues, uninteresting characters and cheap religious debates. 80% of the first four episodes could be removed and we would be at the same exact point. Bored already.

In fact, everything season 1 was, season 2 isnâ
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very goodThis is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  18. Oct 23, 2011
    Season One Was "Good" Sometimes Really Good.. But Season Two So Far Is.... Ok.... Some Parts Honestly Seem To Drag On And On And On.. And You Just Want Them To End... Some Parts Are Really Scary Fun! Overall The Walking Dead Season 2 Is OK.
  19. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    Not as good as the first season, but the whole season comes in full circle in the end. The horrifying images from the finale have haunted me for days now. Compelling stuff.
  20. Nov 24, 2011
    The only people on this cast who deserve praise are the costume designers and makeup people, because the zombies all look excellent. But the characters are thin and boring, the plotlines plodding and unimaginative, and the whole thing is slowmoving and dull. Like a zombie.
  21. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    You know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show isYou know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show is about zombies doesn't mean you can throw logic out the window.

It stinks.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned fromThis show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned from me with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now I look at those as lucky flukes. All in all, if you think this show is even mediocre I'm sorry you have to live your life filtering everything through such a moronic brain. Expand
  24. Dec 29, 2011
    Wow. So dull. So very, very dull. I went back and reread all the hardcover versions of the graphic novel just to remind myself why I liked this concept/story in the first place. I really wanted to watch "The Walking Dead", not "All My Zombies".
  25. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant.Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  26. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more.People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  27. Oct 28, 2011
    I don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll beI don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll be around for season 3. Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2011
    nice costumes. story and acting is very lame. season 1 was quite good, at least the first half part of it. but season 2, nothing happens here. I watched 4 episodes, and there was basically no story at all. amc can do definitely better than this. I can't understand how this show could get such good reviews.
  29. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  30. Dec 15, 2011
    What a bore of show! the whole thing was based on finding the little girl? Season 1 wasnt perfect, but it had its moments. season 2 on the other hand, is slow, does not have enough zombies, the end of the world atmosphere is not there. The only good episode was the last one.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.