• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.4

1. Mar 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead. A television show that is now completely synonymous with it's title in every way. The plot shambles along very slowly like a rotting walker, stinking, meandering, and occasionally walking into a tree and getting tangled in the branches. The dialog is equivalent to a walker's pathetic and desperate moans as it shambles along slowly following the loudest noise or shiniest object. The characters are very unintelligent and behave erratically against reason, looking at each other with their mouths hanging open while moaning gibberish, then shamble off in a pack much like a herd of walkers. The show spreads a disease to it fans much like a walker's bite, walking to their PVR every Sunday moaning "NORMAN REEEEEEEEEEDUS" then stare at the TV while more of their brain rots away. They also never get to see Mr. Reedus due to AMC's obvious and pathetic cost cutting measures to pay only 2 or 3 lead actors per episode.

Please someone bring an axe and put this Walking Dead out of it's misery.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    The first season was brilliant.
    The second season was good.
    The third season had its moments, although few and far between.
    The fourth season is outright bad. If I remember correctly, the writing staff was pretty much replaced and to telling effect. The story arc is overblown and boring and just seems to ponder along. There isn't enough plot to fill up the 45 minute episodes. I'm just
    giving up on this series. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    This show gets progressively worse every season. Season 4 is just a re-hash of season 3. "Oh no, its the Governor... again! This time he's got another group of survivors to assault the prison... again. Wow! Didn't see that coming!" Honestly, it is like having your death star blown up by a group of teenagers, so you decide to make the same mistake, but this time with a bigger death star (now they have a tank from Vietnam oooOOOOoooo with the same disastrous results). Season 4 is so bad, it is as if another writers' strike is in progress. Honestly, it is most likely just excessive meddling by AMC executives with the storyline, as we've seen with season 2. This show is ridiculously unrealistic yes, I know, ignoring the zombies it is clear that the show creators have no idea how guns actually work. For example, in Season 3, Glenn and Maggie somehow manage to miss a group of people assaulting the prison, who are lined up in an alley way, while in a guard tower. Add to the fact that bullets are stopped by plywood, filing cabinets and tables... right. This show is low budget, predictable, boring and frankly insulting to anyone with an iota of common sense. But hey the people giving this show high ratings speak for themselves. They are the ignorant masses who eat up this garbage like mindless zombies. Oh yeah, I also hate the split seasons a pathetic way to try and keep interesting going year round. Really just a giant finger from the AMC executives to their sycophantic fans. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Listen! I hear a foghorn: BOOOOOORRRINGGG! The money-saving formula for this show is this: 80% drawn out, concocted dialogue with inconsistent characterization, and 20% zombies (give or take a few percentage points on premieres, sweeps or finales). Basically a soap opera with zombies, only the actors and effects are good.
  5. Feb 16, 2014
    So far absolutely NOTHING has happened in the return of the current season.

They literally spent an entire episode just following a few of the characters (not even all of them) while they walk around all sad and depressed because they lost the prison etc etc and are all divided and presumed dead.

Seriously, this is a really really bad trend. Lately they have been sub dividing episode
    plots to draw out the season as much as possible, and now they are even dividing the characters into their own episodes, last time with Carl Rick and Michone and next time with the others.

Honestly, they need to pick up the pace and start making sense with the plot again because right now it's just turning into yet another episodic snooze fest.
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    They did it. I didn't think it was possible, but they did it. They managed to make the show even than it already was. Horrible acting, boring plot, and a slap in the face to original source material gives this an instant 0/10. High production values are the only reason this crap is still on TV. Read the comics
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    Loved the first three seasons, hate this one. It's a fricking snooze fest so far (ep5) it's like zombie hospital emulator. Some action please. Some plot development. Rick must nut up!
  8. Dec 1, 2013
    The first 3 seasons were incredible. The 4th season is bad. Terrible shame on the writers for ruining this series. I suggest skip watching season 4 and wait for 5. "Man i loved this show. So disapointing."
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    I think having read the comics ruined any hope for me of liking this series. TWD just isn't making a good adaption to film. I can see its appeal, and can also see why people like it if they haven't read the comics. When you compare the two though the TV series is left in the dust over how good the comics are.
  10. Nov 11, 2013
    This show has been a bit of a snoozefest this season, it was always a slower paced show but it definitely needs something different and exciting.

The story just continues with the same characters who continue to live in the prison and fight zombies. It's getting stale and the thrill of fighting the zombies isn't there anymore because they are always hanging around the prison, it was
    better when they were suddenly "surprised" by them.

Another thing which is disappointing is that they are so loyal to the characters now so they have added 30 new characters which we don't know much about but they are either getting killed or sick so when they kill them off I don't see why we would even care for a character we have been introduced to for 15 minutes.

I don't know what this show will pick up because I have just lost interest but will continue to be loyal in watching it, just because I have come this far in. There are so many better shows out there at this point so it's disappointing.

I hope the governor doesn't return and I was very disappointed they didn't kill him off because the character was really terrible and they should have a new villain, keeping him as a villain again seems like a cheap way to write the story.

Anyways, here's to crossing our fingers for more excitement in this show!
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    i'm still thinking this Series is totally overrated...it's always the same thing from the beggining: they get a new place,new people then fight with zombies,then someone from the group turns into zombie and finally die...and is always like that..OVERRATED show ever.
  12. Apr 17, 2014
    The Walking Dead Season 4 is the first season which does not have ANYTHING going for it, but a distant hope that maybe it might get better. The gore isn't as good as it was; it's way too CGI and frequent and just looks like a bad video game. They've either killed off all the good characters or effectively killed off my interest in them. This show is pretty much entirely filler, and it rewards patience with nothing. I have been watching this show for 4 season (I really enjoyed season 1) and have been waiting for 2 season for it to get better, but each time it's just wasted my time. This is garbage TV disguised as a good drama. My Walking Dead journey ends here. Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2013
    This show fails to captivate me in any way shape or form. The only reason why I gave it a 1 is because the special effects are really good but, it's low-grade melodrama and the writing is a bore inconsistent mess like it was written by a 12 year old in English class. Walking Dead gives the impression of a totally insincere, mass-market cash-grab made to capitalize on the zombie fad. THIS IS AMERICAN TELEVISION.. Why has it turned to such rubbish? Just to mention HOW ON EARTH does this show have a meta critic rating of 82? While other shows that have much more work and time put into them (mad men, boardwalk empire, sopranos) get a lower score!? People have lost sight of the good television, instead all the kids and adults want to see now is zombies eat at each other while some character your supposed to care about goes and drops dead. Expand
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    The biggest problem with this show has been the inconsistent writing, lack of a clear direction, and head scratching character decisions & motivations (Andrea's arc/Laurie's arc /Glenn in well/etc). What this show gets right is the macabre Zombie wipes/kills. It's a shame that this is the second straight season in which the group starts in the same exact location (the prison). Story progression is a concern. It would be beneficial if the writers put the team on a goal of finding a solution to the epidemic instead of settling for the status quo. Expand
  15. Oct 14, 2013
    This show continues to head downhill at an astonishing pace. This episode, like the season finale before it, was a complete waste of time. The directors and producers of this show have absolutely zero idea on how to deliver drama and suspense. Giving this episode a 1 is being overly generous.
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    Horrible season. The same setting, the same laziness that dragged on since the second half of season 3, no interesting concepts. It has deviated too far from the comics and has become a retarded half-brother of the superior comic books. Not worth watching anymore.
  17. Apr 2, 2014
    At one point we see Rick teaching his son Carl about laying a trap for animals by funneling a path towards a hanging noose. It works as a parallel to how the group eventually end up at Terminus, where things get ugly quick.
    But blood was already drawn earlier, when Rick and Carl and Michonne were attacked by the group of marauders Darryl joined. Even though he vouches for them, he gets
    beaten by the hooligans and that's when Rick gets badass. Trapped in a bear-hug by the ringleader, Rick rips the guy's throat with his teeth, and also guts the guy who pinned down Carl. Michonne is quick to escape her attacker by bending his gun-drawn arm into his own neck and firing the pistol into his head.
    When everyone meets at Terminus (not through their own will though) we only get glimpses into what this fenced-in community can be. We get hints, though: a large grill features lots of meat, but no livestock can be found; a pile of human bones huddles in one corner; the group stumbles on a weird memorial room featuring names and presumably those people's favourite objects, with a wall painted with the words "Never trust, never again."
    Is Terminus a hub for cannibals trapping wayward strangers? Is it another Woodbury?
    The episode ends with Rick and the group (minus Beth) stuck in a storage container, imprisoned there by the Terminus leader Gareth. Rick's final words set in motion the character transformation we've seen in the past few episodes: “They’re screwing with the wrong people.”
    Remember when Rick shunned violence so he could plant veggies in the prison garden? Remember how he was weirded out seeing Carl wield a gun? That was season 3 Rick, Walking Dead fans. Now it's time for kick-ass-and-take-names Rick for season 5.
  18. Dec 12, 2013
    I wonder, who is being more realistic, the people giving this season a 10 or the middling scores? The early seasons rose above an otherwise absurd storyline, but now that we're down to the 3rd tier showrunner the only thing consistent is the gore.
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't understand all the positive reviews. I understand season 1 was awesome, and the pilot was one of the best pilots ever. Season 2 dragged but was watchable and seeing the kid come from the barn was amazing. Season 3, started off ok and then episodes 3 through 8 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Episode 9 through the end of season 3 got worse with each episode and more disappointed. The whole drama with Andrea dying was made out to be so huge, when I could have cared less. Also the gov killing his people was just dumb.

Now, I have stopped watching Walking Dead. This makes me sad as I loved this show. It is just horrible and unwatchable. Nothing happens at all and people sit around and talk about things no one cares about. I never thought this show would be boring but it is. The zombies are not scary at all because we know they cannot kill any main characters which is the exact opposite of how the show started.

Sad to lose one of the best shows on TV, but I'm moving on.
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of the walking dead isn't at all what I had expected. The episodes aren't at all entertaining this season. It's better to just drop the walking dead and stop watching this series the first seasons were good but now I just think it's a little too much for this show to keep going. This show has lost all it's potential. And nothing can save this show. My rating is 3/4. I'm starting to drop this show. Expand
  21. Nov 19, 2013
    Loved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't had any of her supreme bad-ass female warrior moments, Beth is someone all together different.....now the Govenor is getting soft? HUH!!!!!! No consistency with the plot from show to show, it has become a mess. Why is 14 year old Carl shooting at walkers and working while all the Woodbury people,{ except Tyrese and Sasha,} sit around and do not contribute...all they have done all season 4 is let everybody else pull their weight around. Now their sneezing all over poor old Hershal. Really? I stay away from my grandma when I am sick out of respect for her well being. Very unlikable Woodbury people. Poor Glen. PLEASE bring the last writer back to clean up the horibble mess this season has become! Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2013
    Terrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes with the flu and the Governor, I walked out on them. Then when I came back for the final episode, nothing was different. The 1 point for you is for having somewhat of an interesting final episode. The only reason that The Walking Dead is still around is because of it being a trend that is bringing in new people that have no mind and taking away all the true fans from the start. Get your together. Expand
  23. Feb 14, 2014
    This show is so over-hyped it's beyond belief. I'm not saying this to provide a flippant and controversial reactionary counter view to the legions of die hard Walking Dead fans - most who I get the impression feel this show is completely devoid of fair criticism - it's just poor in my humble opinion. The reason why I feel largely underwhelmed throughout the whole time whilst watching this series, comes down to a variety of different aspects, including the mediocre cast (No coincidence AMC cut the budget massively when they realized they would have a mass audience for the show, funding or no...hmm) who in my mind fail to offer a true depiction of the charismatic characters in the fantastic graphic-novel series by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

It isn't all negatives though. There are certainly some shining lights in the series, such as Andrew Lincoln who portrays the lead 'Rick Grimes' in the show, who actually manages to do a decent job at playing a troubled family man with the weight of the world on his shoulders and Daryl the debutante in the TV series is also an interesting character. The rest of the cast however come across as empty-headed robots who seem incapable of doing anything by themselves without being given permission first. Occasionally one or two do pluck up the courage and kill the odd zombie or two but 99% of the time they end up dying in a humorously idiotic and preventable way as a result. This seems like folly on the writers behalf who will once in a while throw a spanner in the works and spoon feeding us this forced drama which almost never seems coherent staying in line with the overall narrative.

I could go on about how the The Guv'nor is about as scary as the Cookie Monster, how the writers of the show failed to accurately capture the drama of the group inside the prison (as it did in the comics) and how series 2 up until the last few episodes nothing of interest particularly happened. I've watched up to series 4 and it's failed to grip me once. Heed my advice and read the novels first or play the beautifully crafted Telltale game series which managed to offer a much more gripping and memorable story in a 5 hour interactive episodic game than this did in x10's that.
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Season 4 up to episode 15 and i am shocked how bad it has become. There is no logic at all in most of the episodes and character decisions, it is an outrage. Glenn and Maggie are becoming a pain in the ass, there is a scene with Glenn waking up on a Truck, already driving for 3 hours, then he starts screaming to stop because he wants to go back looking for Maggie.

The crap is that all about, you wanna walk back half a day through a zombie infested territory all by yourself? Same nonsense with the dark tunnel...

Maggie complaining all the time that they have to find Glenn and finally starts the search alone. After the other 2 find out she left them, they search for her until they split, because one of them is tired of wandering around. She then settles up in a building, watches out the window and guess what? Maggie laying between Zombies taking a nap. Oh Lord...

Daryl joined the order of the silent monks or something in between the prison escape and being lost in the woods. Maybe he busted his nuts on a tree while running and needed some episodes to recover.

The Kids are complaining and **** the whole time Carl and Lizzy drove me nearly insane. Acting is very bad in some Episodes too, especially noticeable since they focus on a few characters each Episode.

The only episode i enjoyed to a certain extend was the one with the focus on the Gov after they left him alone and he was wandering around finding new people. But his last battle against Rick... nobody ever wondered how they can fight for 10min between Walkers and all the other people without getting harassed? Maybe they had some sort of shield around them blocking Walkers and bullets.

Oh man... not sure if i can watch Season 5, this was on the edge of causing bodily harm.

Final Verdict:

YOU DONE **** IT UP!!!!
  25. Mar 11, 2014
    Awful show, the history is very slow and boring, bad acting with terrible dialogues, every season is worst than the one before. The comic is very good, i recommend you read the comic instead of watching the tv show .
  26. Mar 15, 2014
    Brothers and sisters, I feel your season 4 pain. In the midst of this this golden age of TV, its rare that a show with this kind of cache disappoints on nearly every level.

Fans have a right to feel insulted--its obvious that the show's producers feel we will watch no matter what, and they are just shooting for a massive volume of episodes. I'm thinking like endless Star Trek
    spinoffs, Stargate, 7 terrible X files seasons. Thats the territory ahead.

If that doesn't make you want to gouge your own eyes out with a crossbow bolt, then by all means, keep watching.
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    The first half of the season was fine. The governor odyssey created some back story before the final fight. The second half of this season was awful. The group is all over the place, the focus seemed too intent on character development and less on moving the plot. The problem is we want plot movements and this season was full of everything but that. It appears that Season 5 has some promise, but like "Heroes" before it, Walking Dead shouldn't try to change the model that got them here. Here's hoping TWD gets back to its roots. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.