• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.4

1. May 25, 2013
    Based on a series of graphic novels from Robert Kirkman The Walking Dead is certainly one of the most original (I know there have been lots of zombie movies but no TV show I can remember) and entertaining shows to debut in the last few years.

This first season may only be six episodes long, due to the expensive nature of the show, but it fits more action and drama into those six
    episodes than most shows fit into twenty. There is certainly enough blood and gore to satisfy fans of horror movies but sensibly show runner Frank Darabont has taken the decision to only follow the graphic novel storylines loosely, slowing down proceedings on occasions and allowing the characters a chance to develop themselves. In fact the only slight disappointment in this first season was the visit to the super high tech disease centre, elements of which went a little too far down the sci-fi route for comfort and losing what makes this show different. Thankfully this seems to have been an exception rather than the norm in what was a promising start to what could become a cult classic. Expand
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    A pretty solid show, Will definenty watch season 2. The huge flaw of this season is lack of episodes, It allows little developement of story lines and characters so everything is really fast paced. Its still an enjoyable show though.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    One of the best shows ever to grace the television, the characters are enjoyable, the story is great as is the acting, my only complaint is that the season finale while great wasn't the best episode, I absolutely can not wait for season 2.
  4. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  5. Jul 29, 2013
    Esta fue una buena temporada de "The Walking Dead", comenzo buena y termino mejor, me gusto la trama y el maquillaje que les pusieron a los zombies, tambien hay que destacar el vestuario.
  6. Apr 18, 2011
    Great Show! Great Acting, Great Plots! Overall Great BUT! In A Few Ep's It Seems Kinda Boring..
    9!
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    Post Apocalyptic Zombies in a Television series. It's original, and what's not to like? Well, for starters, how about, the characters. Yes, the characters. The cast of the Walking Dead is so SO unlikable that after somehow managing to struggle through the first season before I gave up on it, I was rooting for the zombies. Women like this show because of Daryl, who is a good looking actor, but a horrible character, which I guess doesn't matter. At this point, I believe the reason the Walking Dead has becoming so popular among TV watchers is for the following few reasons, 1. Other people you know watch it and you want to talk about it with them, 2. It's not afraid to kill off cast members (thank god), 3. It has Zombies, and 4. It has zombies. I challenge you to tell me, in more than 5 words what about The Walking Dead is actually deserving of positive reviews. Lets talk about the "action" element of the show. How does one kill an enemy that doesn't posses the brain power to fight back? Well... you shoot it, or you chop it's head off while it stands there. Very static. How do zombies kill you? They outnumber you. Again, static. What zombie films have that make them good, the walking dead does not. By the end of the first season, we have no idea where they came from, and the entire show is just watching unlikable characters survive and piss each other off, including the audience. 3 Stars. Barely. Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2010
    I have never watched a Zombie movie since "Night Of The Living Dead." I visited "Sean Of The Dead" briefly and had decided that this genre is strictly for teens and those with too much free time on their hands. I'm hooked on this one though. It's a grown up survivor movie with Zombies thrown in. The script is smart, the actors are all low profile enough to share the spotlight and not detract from each other's characters, and the Director is Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption; The Green Mile.) And it has Sarah Wayne Callies a fellow alumni of mine (about 36 years apart), the cutie pie Doc of "Prison Break." What I love about this series is that it never disappoints, never lags, never forgets it's main purpose: to show movie making at it's most edgily entertaining. What I get from watching this is the same thing I got from watching "Alien" the first time: transportation to another under consciousness land of Hades. Expand
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    Great first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been the redneck with the crossbow, who always comes in handy to the group in tight spots. Expand
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    Being a fan of the graphic novel series, I was not too disappointed by the series premiere of THE WALKING DEAD. The television adaptation surely wasn't as faithful as it could have been, and it took some liberties that it certainly had the right to do, but it was good, if not, great.
  11. Apr 23, 2013
    Ok, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time I actually felt sadden was like 3 times. The little girl turned zombie, the kid having to kill his mom while she was giving birth, when that guy was shot while they stayed at that farm. Thats it, also like the other hyped up show Pretty Little Liars these shows can be hard to watch cause they would take long times getting to a point or climax. At lease with PLL it's always giving us a since that there being watched. I have stopped watching the show. I mean I was suspended for a week and while I was at home and it was raining I saw the whole first season and thought damn thats good, then by the second episode of season 2 It got boring. My review is watch if you either like horror/zombies/or really good filming/effects. 6.5 Expand
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    this first season of the walking dead was simply great, every episode has merits of being good, not only throughout the season but its end is great, I wanted to see what would be in that group of survivors with no goal to reach.
  13. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  14. Mar 13, 2013
    Rarely does a show start off with such a bang. The Pilot is near-perfect showcase of the potential greatness of this show. While the subsequent episodes aren't as good, the final episode is an emotional rollercoaster and wraps the season up nicely. 8.5/10
  15. Oct 31, 2010
    I was a bit skeptical before the premiere but now I am sold. It's truly amazing how AMC continues to come up with such great series that pretty much put the big networks to shame. This series shows great promise. Watching this premiere was like watching a high production movie, but in a good way. Definitely hope it gets renewed for a second season if it hasn't yet.
  16. Dec 27, 2012
    Besides having some annoying characters, THE WALKING DEAD Season One is top-notch television; it is scary and suspenseful and feels very real, it is also very intense as well. I will be hard for the other seasons to top the brilliance that this introductory season offered.
  17. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.
  18. Oct 7, 2013
    It's a fun show. It's got everything you want from a zombie show; sorrow, brutal violence, great characters and attachment. It's a good show. The show that everyone will talk about in 30 years besides Breaking Bad.
  19. Sep 13, 2013
    This first season in a nutshell has been very good, but with some ups and downs, I really liked the pilot episode, my favorite characters are Rick and Morgan, the series deviates much from the comic in which they are based, but I can not deny that have excellent makeup to characterize the zombies out excellent highlight Noah Emmerich as Dr. Edwin Jenner.
  20. Oct 31, 2010
    The best zombie apocalypse TV show so far. In the vein of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (large quantities of slow-walking, entropy-like zombies, destroy the brain, don't get bit or scratched); very graphic, but mostly very serious (questions of race, gender, humanity under stress...), emotional, played straight and not afraid of slow, quiet moments. These are thinking person's zombies and all hail AMC for another excellent series for adults. This and "Rubicon" should be getting some Emmies. Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2013
    I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what a like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friend house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is having sex with who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better. Expand
  22. Mar 30, 2012
    Even though its only seven episodes (7). season 1 was a great season. it gives us the tactics on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Instant classic
  23. Dec 1, 2010
    AMC Originals is damn good TV and I can see this one going very far. I saw the first episode on Halloween and I had no idea it was a pilot to a new series. What a surprise! That was so cool - always been a big fan of the zombie movies. I hope that they can go the distance with such a complicated premise for a show. So far with only a few episodes they're off to an amazing start.
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    This first taste is damn near perfect.
  25. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    An amazing show about survival & zombies to be exact. Very emotional and it is hard to stop watching when your glued in. Not as good as Breaking Bad but it's a special show.
  27. Nov 29, 2012
    I am SHOCKED that anyone has anything bad to say about this show - and I am a VERY critical person when it comes to television. The first season of this show has action and heart, and something sorely missing in modern storytelling - a hero. There's plenty of action and gore, heartfelt moments and incredible storytelling and character development, and incredible graphics that seamlessly mix old world prosthetics and makeup with new world CGI, There is not a single weak link in the incredible ensemble.cast. The storytellers who are writing the plot keep things just twisty enough so you never know what will happen next - but not so twisty that you can't easily keep track of what's going on. The only reason this first season has a 9 instead of a 10 is that there are a lot of characters to keep track of, and in only 6 episodes, you don't have quite enough time to get really attached. Keep up the good work, Walking Dead!!! Expand
  28. Jun 17, 2011
    Amazing, and there is no other way to put it. The Walking Dead is easily the best dramatic show on TV. It gets actual human emotions from a strong ensemble and great writing. This TV show manages to be both better then all non-Romero zombie movies, and it manages to be more dramatic then most other dramas. I honestly was starting to feel bad for the walkers, doomed to there horrible fate. This show, unlike most zombie movies, has likable characters that you really feel for. One of the top 5 shows on TV. Expand
  29. Oct 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead não traz grandes surpresas, e não se diferencia de outras obras com tema zumbis, a não ser pelo formado serie, e ai que a exigências aumentam. Para prender o telespectador a trama tem que ter muitos ganchos e sub temas atrativos e aqui isso não acontece, seguindo uma unica linha narrativa a trama se prende demais a estética zumbi e deixa a narração de lado.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive