• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 1990 Ratings

1. Oct 31, 2010
    Bloody brilliant. Amazingly paced, extremely well-acted, and wholly consuming. "The Walking Dead" will have me nailed to my couch for the next five episodes. Hands-down the best show or movie to feature zombies in a long, long time.
  2. Nov 20, 2010
    The Walking Dead is not spoiled with Hollywood's glamorous charm. This show is a gritty, nasty zombie experience that will turn you into the said species as you watch the story unfold on your devil box.
  3. Nov 12, 2010
    Wonderful. I have read 70 of the comics, so most of the plot has been ruined. However, AMC and Darabont included so many awesome points of embellishment to the meager beginnings of the series that the TV episodes stand on their own. This show is totally gripping. If you are a huge nerd, it can own your life. Since I am a huge nerd, I have no problems admitting I have not been thisWonderful. I have read 70 of the comics, so most of the plot has been ruined. However, AMC and Darabont included so many awesome points of embellishment to the meager beginnings of the series that the TV episodes stand on their own. This show is totally gripping. If you are a huge nerd, it can own your life. Since I am a huge nerd, I have no problems admitting I have not been this excited about any TV show since Lost. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2010
    Who wouldn't want to watch 28 Days Later as a series on TV? As I waited for the show, I really hoped they would make it work, because a large dose of well-done zombies is hard to get. We have 6 episodes this season, which equates to about 3 movies. Well done.
  5. Oct 31, 2010
    This is an excellent new and refreshing take on the zombie genre. Rather than trying to scare the audience it attempts to have the audience connect with the characters and the story and it succeeds. There has been a lack of good zombie movies and an increase trend in making zombie comedies lately; but The Walking Dead emphasizes character development and suspense rather than action andThis is an excellent new and refreshing take on the zombie genre. Rather than trying to scare the audience it attempts to have the audience connect with the characters and the story and it succeeds. There has been a lack of good zombie movies and an increase trend in making zombie comedies lately; but The Walking Dead emphasizes character development and suspense rather than action and laughs (although a bit of both can be found). Although amc is extremely **** about the quality of their shows, they have good reason to be. Expand
  6. BMF
    Nov 15, 2010
    Holy **** this shows great its the only show I actually plan to watch every week I hope it doesnt get cancelled prematurely like other excellent series.
  7. Dec 1, 2010
    AMC Originals is damn good TV and I can see this one going very far. I saw the first episode on Halloween and I had no idea it was a pilot to a new series. What a surprise! That was so cool - always been a big fan of the zombie movies. I hope that they can go the distance with such a complicated premise for a show. So far with only a few episodes they're off to an amazing start.
  8. Nov 1, 2010
    Absolute solid 10! If I could give it an 11 I would. This was top flight all the way, everything a zombie story should be. The effects are totally movie quality. The characters are interesting and I cared deeply for them. The sense of foreboding, the sudden fierce action sequences, EVERYTHING about this screamed "we loved making this", and it showed. GREAT first episode, if the rest of theAbsolute solid 10! If I could give it an 11 I would. This was top flight all the way, everything a zombie story should be. The effects are totally movie quality. The characters are interesting and I cared deeply for them. The sense of foreboding, the sudden fierce action sequences, EVERYTHING about this screamed "we loved making this", and it showed. GREAT first episode, if the rest of the series is this good I will be in heaven. Makes me want to dig up my old comics and reread these. if you haven't read the comics this was based on, you are missing out. Expand
  9. Feb 4, 2011
    Holy Sh** dude!!! This is fantastic. I could say more about this "TV SHOW" but i think that FrozenStar90 has already said it all, so if you can't make up your mind about watching this series PLEASE for pity sake do watch it because it will blow you away, have you glued to the couch and many more. Peace ;)
  10. Nov 1, 2010
    This show has been a long time coming. Being that it is based off the great Graphic Novel series of the same name, it holds water that it will continue to be fantastic. I had high hopes going in and was still completely blown away. The production value and directing, special effects and acting, and sheer scope of possibilities this has to offer is astounding. They don't pull anyThis show has been a long time coming. Being that it is based off the great Graphic Novel series of the same name, it holds water that it will continue to be fantastic. I had high hopes going in and was still completely blown away. The production value and directing, special effects and acting, and sheer scope of possibilities this has to offer is astounding. They don't pull any punches here, ie: it's as bloody and gory as any zombie flick worth noting. So if you are interested in a series that has the time to really connect you to the characters ( and by the looks of it, they plan to ), and are any kind of a zombie flick fan, this is what you've been waiting for. I for one, truly cannot wait to see more. Expand
  11. Nov 1, 2010
    I come home from on Halloween night and like it was destiny I turn on the tv to find The Walking Dead just starting. From that point on I couldn't take my eyes off the tv for the next hour and a half. It was amazing! It had it all. Blood, drama, horror, and great acting from all parts. The best part it had a cliffhanger at the end. I'm so watching every episode from this point on! YouI come home from on Halloween night and like it was destiny I turn on the tv to find The Walking Dead just starting. From that point on I couldn't take my eyes off the tv for the next hour and a half. It was amazing! It had it all. Blood, drama, horror, and great acting from all parts. The best part it had a cliffhanger at the end. I'm so watching every episode from this point on! You should certainly watch this show. Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2010
    I was really expecting something cheesy. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Hope future episodes are as good or better. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
  13. Nov 19, 2010
    All I can say is, Awesome show! Even though you can be assured the main character Rick, will probably survive, the show still puts him in situations of unbelievable doubt. This show is gritty, intense and perfectly paced. AMC is a hit pusher, with shows like "Mad Men", "Rubicon", "Breaking Bad" and now you can add, "The Walking Dead" to that list. Tell your wife and girlfriend to watch itAll I can say is, Awesome show! Even though you can be assured the main character Rick, will probably survive, the show still puts him in situations of unbelievable doubt. This show is gritty, intense and perfectly paced. AMC is a hit pusher, with shows like "Mad Men", "Rubicon", "Breaking Bad" and now you can add, "The Walking Dead" to that list. Tell your wife and girlfriend to watch it too. They might enjoy it. Expand
  14. Dec 11, 2010
    An absolutly astounding series that has made me like zombie shows again after the abysmal Resident Evil films. The production quality is excellent for a TV series. The character development from episode to episode has been brilliant. The series takes alot of elements from the original comic series but then adds new elements to improve it even further and it succeeds!!!

One of the best TV

One of the best TV series I have seen in the last 2 years
  15. Oct 31, 2010
    Movie quality TV. Completely agree with that review. The acting, zombies, and cinematography is great. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this great TV show.
  16. Nov 17, 2010
    This must be the best show of the year! The Walking Dead is based upon the brilliant comic book and isn't afraid to veer off from the original comic and change things up a bit. I like this, because it allows us to see this storyline and these characters in a different way to the comics. Directed by Frank Darabont and produced by Gale Anne Hurd, this show has some pedigree. Every week isThis must be the best show of the year! The Walking Dead is based upon the brilliant comic book and isn't afraid to veer off from the original comic and change things up a bit. I like this, because it allows us to see this storyline and these characters in a different way to the comics. Directed by Frank Darabont and produced by Gale Anne Hurd, this show has some pedigree. Every week is like a mini-movie, and done exceptionley well like a movie. If there was only 1 show for me to recommend this year, let alone this decade, it's be The Walking Dead Expand
  17. Nov 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there is only a handful of you, but you people with poor reviews just amaze me! This was a TV show about Zombies!!! Not Shakespeare or a crappy Transformers movie with non stop stupid action!! If you don't like this show, you will never like anything! This was an absolute joy to watch! I know it was only one episode, but I loved the fact that they DID build on characters and they DID make you care for them. I didn't want the dad and son to be left behind! It did make you think as to what YOU would do if you were in the same situation of blowing your own wife's head (even though she is a zombie). I really don't know if I could! The few times they did pull at the heart strings, it did work!! Even the horse part made me upset! I have never written a review for a T.V. show before. But this one was so good that I had to say something. If you like Zombie movies, give this one a try. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    AMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. ThisAMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. This is what a zombie franchise needed. A series is better for zombie plots because you cannot cover the emotional and sub plots of people in a movie. There simply isn't enough time. AMC could certainly sell this series to a more profitable station for a ton of money but i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it on AMC and draw in more viewers. Overall: Great series, Cant wait for season 2! Expand
  19. Oct 31, 2010
    Better than any zombie movie I've ever seen. The performances, the effects, everything about the first episode is sheer brilliance. I, personally, can't wait to watch the rest of this amazing series.
  20. Oct 31, 2010
    Great episode. If the show continues to be anything like it was tonight this will be one of the greatest adaptations ever! Also liked how AMC came out and proved that they aren't going to hold back on the show.
  21. Oct 31, 2010
    The perfect way to spend a Halloween is to sit down and watch a horror show. This show is well paced, well designed master-piece of a show that is thrilling and touching at the same time. The zombies walk with realizm and combines the horror of the fast and intelligent zombies of "Dawn of the Dead" with the slow yet terrifying ones of "Night of the Living Dead". They didn't hold back withThe perfect way to spend a Halloween is to sit down and watch a horror show. This show is well paced, well designed master-piece of a show that is thrilling and touching at the same time. The zombies walk with realizm and combines the horror of the fast and intelligent zombies of "Dawn of the Dead" with the slow yet terrifying ones of "Night of the Living Dead". They didn't hold back with the gore, showing the gruesome splash of blood for a gunshot wound, which some shows are editing so they appeal to larger audience, but lessens the feeling of connection with the bullet. I recommend this to those who love a story driven horror adventure, and to those who aren't faint of heart. Expand
  22. Oct 31, 2010
    The contrasts of the show's visuals of death with the fantastic scenes of humanity give this weekly zombie flick a surprising effect. They take this show seriously, and so should you. Even if you've seen a thousand zombie movies before, don't pass this one up. Fantastic performances, cinamatic feel, beautifully constructed tension makes the viewer crave another episode as bad as aThe contrasts of the show's visuals of death with the fantastic scenes of humanity give this weekly zombie flick a surprising effect. They take this show seriously, and so should you. Even if you've seen a thousand zombie movies before, don't pass this one up. Fantastic performances, cinamatic feel, beautifully constructed tension makes the viewer crave another episode as bad as a zombie craving brains. Expand
  23. Nov 1, 2010
    Being an avid comic book reader, this is one of the best comics to date. I was a little leery on how the TV adaptation would do, and if they would keep with the story line of the comic. After watching the first episode I am amazed at how accurate the show is. It was shot almost scene for scene off of the comic and keeps really true to the events and personality of each character.

Also,

Also, the show adds to the comic rather than just playing off of the comic. The emotion behind each choice for Rick Grimes is exaggerated in his expressions, the fear and hardship endured by everyone is prevalent in their actions and the overall scene is dismal, which is indicative to a zombie story.

The acting is good so far, zombies are really good at being zombie and humans good at being humans. As for the story, I do know what to expect but I always wonder if there will be any twists or changes. All in all, this is a great show and only adds to the amazing AMC lineup. I would highly recommend anyone who can stomach the show, to watch it. This will definitely go down as one of the best zombie stories of all time.
  24. Nov 1, 2010
    Landmark television folks. Diverges just enough from the comics to keep it fresh without also bastardizing. Truly hope this finds an audience. The opening scene may have pushed some viewers away.
  25. Nov 1, 2010
    All the months of waiting paid off, thank you amc got this show and not HBO. Phew and the show actually made the comic book better. The gore and violence are all in context and not just stuck in there for the shock value.
  26. Nov 1, 2010
    I thought this show was amazing. Obviously this review is based off the first episode which doesn't do many shows justice. However, this is the first time I've seen a horror-type film/show that is highly story driven. Usually zombie themed media relies on fear to drive the entertainment. Personally, I don't get much entertainment from the "fear" aspect and I judge things on theirI thought this show was amazing. Obviously this review is based off the first episode which doesn't do many shows justice. However, this is the first time I've seen a horror-type film/show that is highly story driven. Usually zombie themed media relies on fear to drive the entertainment. Personally, I don't get much entertainment from the "fear" aspect and I judge things on their composition. Sure, the show started slow. However, the interactions before the disaster are extremely important to the structure of relationships between characters. This show is obviously not for the someone that's looking for a "bloody" good time. I do recommend this to someone who is looking for a realistic account to a very unrealistic scenario. Expand
  27. Nov 2, 2010
    Amazing!! A great zombie movie made series!! Can't wait to watch it all!!! Great photography, great effects!!
    Well acted, very emotional!!
    WHAT ARE YOU WAITING TO WATCH IT!!!???
  28. Nov 3, 2010
    Being an avid zombie fan I naturally decided to watch this show and I'm glad I did. It did not disappoint in the slightest. While it's far to early to give a full review on this show the premise is actually something that hasn't been done before in the zombie genre and that's focusing on character development. Something that I hope this show will handle well. Right from the start theBeing an avid zombie fan I naturally decided to watch this show and I'm glad I did. It did not disappoint in the slightest. While it's far to early to give a full review on this show the premise is actually something that hasn't been done before in the zombie genre and that's focusing on character development. Something that I hope this show will handle well. Right from the start the direction of the show has been great, from the great special effects to even nodding at a couple of zombie cliches. It's not scary but I don't think that's the point, it's a drama with zombies. The first episode alone is better than most zombie movies out there and I hope that the rest of the series follow.

It's a wonderful show and I do suggest picking it up. Unless gore is not your thing, because the gore here is very high.
  29. Nov 6, 2010
    This is by far the best show on television right now. It has movie quality acting, special effects, and storyline. It's basically an epic movie that amc is showing an hour of every week.
  30. Nov 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a huge fan of the comic, and I have to say that I wasn't let down in the least. In Ireland the first episode aired on a channel called FX, which screened the entire episode from start to finish in an hour (no ad breaks) and I have to say I was absolutely glued to the screen for the entire hour. The iconic scene when Rick stumbles across whats left of a wom-bie (woman zombie) really hits home how much of a world of **** / suffering Rick is in store for. Brilliant stuff - I can't recommend this enough to everyone. Must see series. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive