• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
5.3

1. Jan 16, 2014
    Both the original UK and US versions of The X-Factor have involved a number of talented artists and some of the cover versions sung of the show have been very good. Unfortunately, as with most other modern TV talent shows, its primary objective is to make money not produce artists that will go on to create original music in the future, something that pretty much sums up the state of modern pop music.

If there is nothing else on I'll occasionally tune in as there is usually a good performance or two to be seen but I detest what this sort of thing stands for.
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    This is the biggest piece of crap ever. End of story. America already has too many singing shows, and this is just another one to add to the pile. People are clearly only watching to see Simon making rude comments, and that's not worth the millions of dollars Fox has spent on this.
  3. Jun 22, 2013
    This is the cookie-cutter singing show, with too many contestant backstories, emotional content, and low quality of singing compared to other singing shows such as The Voice and American Idol. However, I did enjoy the judges and their critiques this season.
  4. Sep 23, 2011
    I don't know what makes this show think it is better than American Idol. Yeah, I'm tired of American Idol and its horrible judging and talentless winners, but X Factor is not adding anything new. The audition process is nothing different other than the fact that there is an audience. The only noticeable difference are the new classifying groups and while this change does lower the discrimination and opens doors for some, it adds little excitement to the entertainment value. I thought Simon would provide some much needed judging to the table, but he proves to be lackluster so far. Nicole Scherzinger should not even be a judge on the show. Too many commercial breaks and sob stories also lower the appeal of the show. Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2012
    I firmly believe that this show's first season was a complete flop because they replaced Cheryl Cole with Nicole Scherzinger. This show should be categorised as a scripted drama rather than a 'singing' contest.
  6. Oct 19, 2011
    As far as Musical talent shows goes, this is the worst of the lot. It's one big cliche wrapped in a mess. The only way I can rationalize folks giving this program any score above 5 would have to be their connection to the contestants themselves, who by the way, are sub par when compared to vocalists from The Voice, The Sing Off and even American Idle. These shows are being done ad nauseam, and this particular one doesn't deserve the air time. I wanted to like this show but there just isn't anything there to grab on to. It feels like every hug, tear and cheesy queued up musical track mixed with a slow motion sob story is another poor attempt to hypnotize the audience into caring about people who have no appeal. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    OK, so I thought I would give the X Factor a chance because I somewhat like American Idol. I only made it through about a half of one episode. It was so contrived and couldn't stand it...had to shut it off!
  8. JYT
    Jan 6, 2012
    Useless. Vote yourself on ourstage (dot) com

I don't even have the minimum 150 characters to describe this tv program. It is totally useless and can be canned as soon as possible. Give the money to education, health system, charities, the unemployed, etc...
  9. Dec 21, 2011
    If you enjoy this show, do us all a favour and walk into your garage, close the door and window(s), turn on your car, and start jogging on the spot. This show is the entertainment equivalent of a lobotomy by way of enema.
  10. Dec 14, 2011
    This show is far more terrible than even any talent show and it's as worse as Survivor. Talking about unfairness, respect and emotions, how can you expect a reality show that goes beyond out of the ordinary? The judging is too critical and crucial on all aspects from every contestant. Some singing shows were far better than this one. I like the idea of a $5 million prize with a Sony recording contract but the way this show is planned isn't. Collapse
  11. Sep 24, 2011
    Nice show if you want to see just how cool the judges are! Is it possible to show Simon on camera anymore? And does he make a lot of money; look at my car! The audience doesn't help...the back stories are too many...the performances not too many...and how can the judges complain about the talent when everybody is picked by other show employees before they go to the stage! It makes me miss Ryan and Idol even more! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 28, 2011
    The talent is good, and on the long road to announcing a top 16, the show expertly milking every drop of pathos. [24 Oct 2011, p.39]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Sep 22, 2011
    And so it goes. The same mix of sob stories, as anxious relatives looking on from the wings. And if there's not quite a Susan Boyle or Paul Potts moment (though one in particular comes reasonably close), the tears flow freely, and one or two genuinely stirring performances emerge.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Sep 21, 2011
    While The X Factor may not on the surface offer anything that can't be found on "Idol," "America's Got Talent" and "The Voice" or their many cable imitators, it does have a level of showmanship that makes me want to believe again, whether it's in 13-year-olds who sing like established stars three times their age or in recovering addicts whose lives just may be about to change forever.