Tim Gunn's Guide to Style : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.5

1. Chris
    Sep 19, 2007
    I was informed and entertained.. as the show grows I think more people will come around.
  2. Kim
    Sep 20, 2007
    I have watched all the episodes so far. They are a little formulated. The show would be better if they varied the script a bit. I would also like to see on Bravo's website where the clothes were bought, brand, and cost.
  3. Irene
    Sep 20, 2007
    I really love this show . Tim is a very classy guy and seems to be sensitive to the guests on his show. He is able to make his guest comfortable and is not so quick to put them down. I don't like the other shows which seem to be a little insensitive to their guests.
  4. CynthiaB.
    Sep 29, 2007
    I LOVE this show. As a 57 year old married social worker with a teenage son, who works full time and part time. We with three cats and a dog, I find I do not spend enough time focusing on my clothes. Much of my shopping is done at the local Good Will. (I occasionally find a diamond in the rough there.) However, I take care of myself going to the gym 5 days a week for a minimum of one hour I LOVE this show. As a 57 year old married social worker with a teenage son, who works full time and part time. We with three cats and a dog, I find I do not spend enough time focusing on my clothes. Much of my shopping is done at the local Good Will. (I occasionally find a diamond in the rough there.) However, I take care of myself going to the gym 5 days a week for a minimum of one hour each visit, and have kept in shape. But my clothes have not. Much of what I wear harkens back to the 70's. So Tim Gunn's Guide to Fashion has been a big help! Plus I love the compassion he feels for his makeovers. He clearly cares for them, while exhibiting a sense of humor. I love this program and am so glad I discovered. Cynthia Brink Expand
  5. marlenek.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I like this show a lot because of the information about body type dressing. There is more emphasis on professionalism and less on glib remarks, so the viewer gets a lot more real help understanding the science of dressing. There are a few things that feel over the top, like going to the designer's showroom and the gift that is given to each client, but other than those minor things, I like this show a lot because of the information about body type dressing. There is more emphasis on professionalism and less on glib remarks, so the viewer gets a lot more real help understanding the science of dressing. There are a few things that feel over the top, like going to the designer's showroom and the gift that is given to each client, but other than those minor things, i like the show very much. More advertisement and TV reminders needed please. Couldn't find it this week. Expand
  6. SaraS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    One thing that sets this makeover show appart from the rest is that while showing you a better way to dress yourself, it doesn't make you feel bad about yourself. The idea that in order for a makeover to make you really change you need to tear down the makeovered to rock bottom with critical comments and scathing remarks is nonsense.

If the slightly less relaxed Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style doesn’t quite have "What Not to Wear’s" tone of cheeky camaraderie, well, never mind. It has Gunn’s "make it work" philosophy at its heart, and it has his spirit of compassionate, caring honesty.
  2. Gunn is best when showing us what he knows, reacting critically to the thing in front of him rather than speaking lines meant to jog the narrative or jack up the drama.
  3. Reviewed by: Anne Bratskeir
    He's sincere; he rings true. And that is why, in the wasteland of reality and makeover shows, Gunn shines.