Top Chef : Season 1

Mar 9, 2006
    Loved it!
  2. ValerieS
    May 11, 2006
    I Love this show. To me it's one of the best shows on bravo. I hope they continue with more seasons!
  3. StephanieL
    Jan 4, 2007
    I love this show. Although there are participants that make the show almost tedious to watch, it is addictive. Food is a passion of mine, and I am enjoying this show as it is part of my weekly viewing line up! I love it!
  4. sallym
    Oct 4, 2007
    GIVE US MORE! Love the concept,competitors, judges, majority of challenges. Would like to see expansion of creative situational challenges.Judging is done with integrity but my heart wanted mohawk to win last night. When can we expect the next round? Tom C is the perfect anchor judge !!!
  5. TerryB
    Jan 8, 2007
    Tired of seeing Marcel used as a whipping boy by the "I'm so talented thugs". Glad that big mouthed Betty is finally off. Maybe things can get professional now.
  6. MichaelC
    Feb 10, 2007
    Marcel got gipped.
  7. DougF
    Nov 11, 2006
    Entertaining for those like myself that thouroughly enjoy cooking and expieramenting with food flavors and friends, the show is a far cry from all of the way to serious programs and world news tha seemes to blast the small screen all other times of the day! I faithfuly watched rhe first season not skipping a minute of the programming. We are a few episodes in to season 2, and I cant for Entertaining for those like myself that thouroughly enjoy cooking and expieramenting with food flavors and friends, the show is a far cry from all of the way to serious programs and world news tha seemes to blast the small screen all other times of the day! I faithfuly watched rhe first season not skipping a minute of the programming. We are a few episodes in to season 2, and I cant for next Wednesdays airing. Expand
  8. SandyD
    Oct 25, 2006
    I really enjoy watching this show very much.
  9. J.T.RIllinois
    Mar 14, 2006
    A competition based on cooking takes some imagination - yet Iron Chef has been a huge success for years. Overall the show is entertaining, but I think I will appreciate it more when the judging is left to the judges. Of course, the producers are trying to focus on the personalities, and Im sure there's judicious use of editing, but it is interesting to see each of the contestants A competition based on cooking takes some imagination - yet Iron Chef has been a huge success for years. Overall the show is entertaining, but I think I will appreciate it more when the judging is left to the judges. Of course, the producers are trying to focus on the personalities, and Im sure there's judicious use of editing, but it is interesting to see each of the contestants different philosophies and approaches to cooking and each challenge. BTW - Billy Joel's wife is a knockout, but they couldn't have found someone with more credentials to host the show? Expand
  10. JayW.
    Mar 29, 2006
    The show itself is great. I enjoy watching it. The best part that I enjoyed watching tho was the hostess Katie. She is a piece of pie!
  11. lauras
    Feb 11, 2007
    I really enjoyed watching Top chef. I would wait for every Wednesday to watch it. Will you have a new season. Please say yes
  12. Vito
    Mar 10, 2006
    Unlike 'Project Runway' where we can see the final product, with 'Top Chef' we need to imagine the taste of the entries. This takes something from the show. But I nevertheless enjoyed the opening episode. I liked the behind-the-scenes look at the restaurant's 'Line'. I liked seeing the contestant's different approaches. I'll tune in for Episode Unlike 'Project Runway' where we can see the final product, with 'Top Chef' we need to imagine the taste of the entries. This takes something from the show. But I nevertheless enjoyed the opening episode. I liked the behind-the-scenes look at the restaurant's 'Line'. I liked seeing the contestant's different approaches. I'll tune in for Episode 2. -Vito Expand
  13. ange'sw
    Mar 19, 2006
    I hate Steven on the Top Chef he is a popis idiot
  14. michaelw
    Mar 8, 2006
    The emotionaly charged contestants try to gain a shot at the big time in the restaurant business. In this fast paced competition, the desperate and talented competing chefs not only get to show their stuff, but get to savage each other's efforts. Under the extreme pressure of performing at the highest level as those critical eyes of the field's best chefs look on, a wide range The emotionaly charged contestants try to gain a shot at the big time in the restaurant business. In this fast paced competition, the desperate and talented competing chefs not only get to show their stuff, but get to savage each other's efforts. Under the extreme pressure of performing at the highest level as those critical eyes of the field's best chefs look on, a wide range of strong emotions are let loose. While we at home can't taste the food, I think audiences will "Eat it up!" This behind the scenes view at the top of the food chain, will leave viewers more agitated than when they get the checks at the top restaurants. Expand
  15. ElizabethE
    Apr 18, 2006
    This show is intelligent and funny; people have issues with the snobbery of the chefs, but that's their world. Get over it, we don't all idolize Chey Boyardee.
  16. ednap
    Jan 14, 2007
    I watch this show every week and usually repeat at least once. Find myself wanting to defend Marcel and I picked him as the dark horse this season. Can't wait for this weeks show.
  17. kareng
    Jan 4, 2007
    love the show. My whole family enjoys top chef
  18. MariaO.
    Jun 28, 2007
    when will season 3 start cooking. you keep repeating just 2 meals one of them is the quick fire.
  19. johnt
    Mar 13, 2006
    great show...this is unique and challenging so far...not like hell's kitchen , a definite original and i think bravo has another huge hit on their hands...can't wait to watch the rest of the series..for those with negative comments maybe you should tune in to something more appealing to you.....way to go bravo
  20. d
    Apr 28, 2006
    i didn't like the show for the first few airings and i am not a regular realtiy show viewer. but for the contestants i would not have continued watching. the judges are useless and provide no insight into their decisions.. they think steven is arrogant and pompos.. well they need to look inward.... wont watch the next series if the same judges are controlling the program.
  21. BonifaceB
    May 17, 2006
    Great show loved it cant wait to see more next season.
  22. JoniV
    May 22, 2006
    I Loved the show!! My favorite had to be Harold. Don't forget Steven though. Although he was a no it all, he was really kinda sexy... If Ever in Louisina.... :) I cant wait for the next show...
  23. Jul 27, 2012
    This show is a good idea and not all the drama from other cooking shows where editing will change the context of a entire situation. No long pauses for no reason, no jump cuts in the middle of a conversation, and quick eliminations and no gimmicks. Here is my major problem with the show. Product placement. Every couple of seconds they are showing the label of a item straight to the cameraThis show is a good idea and not all the drama from other cooking shows where editing will change the context of a entire situation. No long pauses for no reason, no jump cuts in the middle of a conversation, and quick eliminations and no gimmicks. Here is my major problem with the show. Product placement. Every couple of seconds they are showing the label of a item straight to the camera or whenever they go for a drive or being drove somewhere, they always mention the year and model of the car. Sometimes even to the point that I think they are going into a full blown commercial. It takes away from the show. If they did not focus so much on who their sponsor is, I would of liked it more. Expand

1. The series has a familiar format, but the opening episode suggests it may have some real spark to it.
    "Top Chef," though it appears to have a stable of good talent in the kitchen, so far doesn't really have much else going for it in the way of personalities.
  3. "Top Chef" seems like a no-brainer, an extension both of the interactivity of TV cooking and the art-and-craft side of reality shows, in which people are actually making things as opposed to just asses of themselves.