Torchwood (UK) : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.0

1. DeborahW.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Fantastically fun with witty dialogue, gorgeous camera work and lighting, and superb acting from the entire cast . Love the new Captain John from his showy entrance to his poignant exit.
  2. David
    Feb 5, 2008
    It seems a lot gayer now. Which isnt nessarily a bad thing as its nice to see some equality in evening TV. And the stories are great. Brillaint writing.
  3. BrianP.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Solid television SF, although they have really hammered home the bisexuality theme this year. We get it.
  4. ChrisB
    Jul 9, 2009
    I love this. Doctor who has gone downhill now but I still have Torchwood to give me the thrill of science fiction/ action at it's best.
  5. ThomasD.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Yet another masterpiece by Aunty (BBC).
  6. KenH.
    Feb 7, 2008
    I've watched all of the episodes and the writing sometimes stumbles here and there in almost every episode. Its a fun show with some nice ideas, but not worthy of a 10 score. At the very least all of the central characters except the 2 leads aren't very compelling and should be replaced.
  7. FloR.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Exceptional season opener. Love the series and the intro of Capt. John set the screen on fire. Love how he and Jack play off each other. Hope there's more of him because he is a right bastard, yet oddly lovable.
  8. WilliamM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    A superb premier episode for the new season. The interaction between Captain Jack and Captain John created a quantum leap in entertainment. Very much hope that Captain John returns and becomes a regular on the show.
  9. TimH.
    Apr 12, 2008
    I firmly believe that the American 'critic' reviewers need to quit the parochial attitude and accept that science fiction is not purely an American convention. Torchwood is absolutely brilliant!!!
  10. AlexandraD.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Cool show! at least i see some real sf beside Doctor Who which is brilliant and no more US propaganda military type!
  11. AndreaW
    Jun 29, 2009
    Torchwood is a fascinating experience for the american viewer who Loves the New Doctor Who. It is made for mature people though --- Read :: Adults. I have to say that the most interesting aspect of Series 2 was the finale. Very shocking!
  12. RandallS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Best episode of the series so far.
  13. R
    May 21, 2009
    Love it . It's raw, dark, sexy and original, as are the characters.
  14. Aug 3, 2011
    Much of the (often severe) problems with the first season are fixed with this excellent follow up. Really coming into its own with a more consistent, if somewhat pulpy, tone; there is still the occasional hammy line or ridiculous storyline but Torchwood Series 2 is far tighter than its less than stellar debut series and certain episodes (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Meat, Adam, Adrift andMuch of the (often severe) problems with the first season are fixed with this excellent follow up. Really coming into its own with a more consistent, if somewhat pulpy, tone; there is still the occasional hammy line or ridiculous storyline but Torchwood Series 2 is far tighter than its less than stellar debut series and certain episodes (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Meat, Adam, Adrift and Fragments) are truly excellent. Even the weakest episodes here are worth watching (unlike some of the frankly hideous episodes from the first series) and believe me when I say that it only gets better in Series 3. Expand

1. As with P.G. Wodehouse novels and Robbie Williams songs, you have to be either British or adolescent to commit to this stuff; for the rest of us, it's a head-scratching lark.
  2. You know this Dr. Who spin-off aims to please when the return of Capt. Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) isn't even the big news.... With [Capt.] John [James Marsters] adding such a fun, unhinged element, it's a shame these two crazy kids broke up in the first place.
    In a dreary winter TV landscape in which smart, witty escapism is in short supply, Torchwood stands out.