Torchwood (UK) : Season 3

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.9

1. ScottVanL
    Sep 1, 2009
    Dull, dull, dull, goes nowhere and doesnt really do anything apart from kill off another cast member! Too much build up to a poor finale! Go back to a full proper season with well crafted episodes please!
  2. Sep 18, 2010
    While visually OK and well acted, this abbreviated season snuffed out my love for the show.
    I am very disappointed, it was so dark and depressing and frankly completely out of character. After I finished episode 5 I wished I hadn't bothered. With plot holes big enough to fill a TARDIS, the storyline will leave you bitter and angry.
    If I wanted to see endless political deception, suicide
    If I wanted to see endless political deception, suicide and murder I could just watch the news. This story brings out the worst in everyone, especially the writers. A textbook case of destroying a great television show.
    When you liked Torchwood and its characters in the first two seasons I can assure you there is no need to watch this third season of the show. It was badly written and plotted and not worth anyones while.
  3. KateV
    Oct 25, 2009
    Derivative tosh, as ever. After 3 years, this series has failed to bring anything even slightly original to television sci-fi, and Children of Earth is no exception as it shamelessly plunders Quatermass and The Midwich Cuckoos. The only good thing I can say about it is that it wasn't quite as childish as the first two seasons.

Amid the emotional crescendoes of the final hour (which the cast pulls off beautifully), in the pell-mell race to the finish line, there is some rushed storytelling and there are more than a few gaps in logic. But aside from those issues, Children of Earth is, as the Brits would say, bloody brilliant.
    Extraterrestrials are communicating through the young. But what do the visitors want? The answer and mankind’s response transform Children of Earth into an epic that should bring Torchwood to a wider audience. (The miniseries, a high point for summer television, will be available on DVD July 28.)
  3. This first episode has brief nods to the deaths last season of two series regulars--Owen and Toshiko--and it acknowledges advances in the relationship between bisexual Jack and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd). But more than anything it's a propulsive action-adventure.