7.8

1. Sep 18, 2010
    While visually OK and well acted, this abbreviated season snuffed out my love for the show.
    I am very disappointed, it was so dark and depressing and frankly completely out of character. After I finished episode 5 I wished I hadn't bothered. With plot holes big enough to fill a TARDIS, the storyline will leave you bitter and angry.
    If I wanted to see endless political deception, suicide
    If I wanted to see endless political deception, suicide and murder I could just watch the news. This story brings out the worst in everyone, especially the writers. A textbook case of destroying a great television show.
    When you liked Torchwood and its characters in the first two seasons I can assure you there is no need to watch this third season of the show. It was badly written and plotted and not worth anyones while.
  2. Aug 3, 2011
    I really didn't think that Russel T Davis would ever redeem himself for some of his later penned episodes of Doctor Who, but man does this renew all the faith that was lost and then some. This really is one of the best sci-fi dramas I have ever watched. Torchwood has come so very far from that hideously awful early episode with Ianto's cyborg girlfriend. A dark, sinister, thought provokingI really didn't think that Russel T Davis would ever redeem himself for some of his later penned episodes of Doctor Who, but man does this renew all the faith that was lost and then some. This really is one of the best sci-fi dramas I have ever watched. Torchwood has come so very far from that hideously awful early episode with Ianto's cyborg girlfriend. A dark, sinister, thought provoking and intense edge of your seat thriller that never once loses the human factor. I really cannot express how much better this is than all previous installments of the series (and personally, I thought the second season was excellent). Chilling and gripping. I had hoped that RTD would have grown out of his "techno-babble fixes things last minute" crutch that plagued his Doctor Who scripts but unfortunately, it rears its ugly head, if only ever so slightly, in the finale. This however, is by no means a deal breaker and no other criticisms seem worth mentioning (even mentioning that feels like nitpicking). This series is incredible and oh so nearly perfect. I'd give it 9.5 if metacritic would let me. Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Italiano:
    Alcuni episodi sono privi di senso e noiosi ma nel complesso è guardabile

English:
    Some episodes are meaningless and boring but overall it's watchable
  4. Jan 3, 2013
    This was easily one of the greatest things I have ever seen on TV. It's sad to see it's so lowly rated. It was utterly, utterly fantastic. I must give it a re-watch, my memory of it is weakening, but it is again some of the best TV I have ever seen.
  5. Oct 12, 2014
    Dark, Depressing and inredibly dangerous? Torchwood season 3, CHILDREN OF EARTH is the best season of a show that has ever come out on our screens, better than breaking bad, walking dead and many many other over hyped shows. I'm not saying Torchwood 1,2 and 4 are better than breaking bad and the walking dead. I am saying season 3, these 5 epiodes in particular are utter perfection! I lovedDark, Depressing and inredibly dangerous? Torchwood season 3, CHILDREN OF EARTH is the best season of a show that has ever come out on our screens, better than breaking bad, walking dead and many many other over hyped shows. I'm not saying Torchwood 1,2 and 4 are better than breaking bad and the walking dead. I am saying season 3, these 5 epiodes in particular are utter perfection! I loved this season more than anything that has come out of Doctor who, no kidding, name any doctor who episode I think these 5 epiosdes overthrow doctor who, admittedly the trailer is a bit misleading. on day 2, the defences had fallen in day 1, so it's a bit odd they say their defences will fall. when they had already fallen, although episode 2 was the weakest, it kind of had to be there to deliver a fantastic 3rd 4th and 5th episode, 1st episode was Perfect too, yes in episode 3 the sky didn't burn as the trailers suggested, but the creature arrived. 456 was **** insane, I loved Peter Capaldi as John Ferguson as he was REALLY intense and creepy, it was sad seeing him go, and that final episode is one of the most **** up and sad episodes to come out of british television in the 21st century. 10/10 all around. Expand

Amid the emotional crescendoes of the final hour (which the cast pulls off beautifully), in the pell-mell race to the finish line, there is some rushed storytelling and there are more than a few gaps in logic. But aside from those issues, Children of Earth is, as the Brits would say, bloody brilliant.
    Extraterrestrials are communicating through the young. But what do the visitors want? The answer and mankind’s response transform Children of Earth into an epic that should bring Torchwood to a wider audience. (The miniseries, a high point for summer television, will be available on DVD July 28.)
  3. This first episode has brief nods to the deaths last season of two series regulars--Owen and Toshiko--and it acknowledges advances in the relationship between bisexual Jack and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd). But more than anything it's a propulsive action-adventure.