• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.0

1. Jul 27, 2011
    I loved "The Wire" and Simon has delivered superior TV again. He must have loved Dickens as a kid because no-one else on TV does character development, or sinuous story lines better. I'm not sure just why he's so good at examining the "Black" culture in all it's rich complexities, it comes across as authentic, helped by rich dialog, and fantastic actors. Khandi Alexander blows me away! What a powerful performer. I read it was a slow mover but I was hooked early, having learned from "The Wire" that the delight comes in watching diverse characters develop. The music throws in an essential flavor that suffuses the show with energy. Collapse
  2. Sep 18, 2010
    One of the best shows on TV. The characters and storylines are perfect and the music is exceptional. Khandi Alexander deserved an Emmy for her portrayal of LaDonna, and the rest of the cast is terrific. Absolutely cannot wait for Season 2, I miss hearing that great jazz already.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    I love this show. It talks about real people, real music and real life. It teaches about New Orleans. It shows the mingle of art and life in New Orleans. Well done.
  4. May 18, 2012
    Mark Perigard of the Boston Herald accuses the pacing of Treme as being "lazy." I believe Mr. Perigard has missed out on the most beautiful aspect of Treme: the pacing is the city itself. What do citizens do, waiting for a miracle to restore their lives back to normal, drinking, playing music, sharing intimate slow moments in the passing of time in a city that is itself an anachronism. Treme is nearly a perfect analog for life. The forgotten, overlooked joy and dispair as they interplay in the most disastrous of circumstances: "we're all going crazy, and having a good time." The acting is on mark to a line, casting tremendous. Did Mr. Perigard know that modern New Orleans Jazz fame has its roots in high school marching bands, now blowing through mouthpieces of instruments their schools can't afford to buy. The helping of skilled lawyers and musicians to pull their people up from the muck, literally and figuratively, through their generosity, foul mouthed honesty, and real humanity, calling a spade a spade. Boston is not New Orleans. Simon's approach to taking us there is that of allowing us to sit, to dwell, to marvel in what could be mistaken for mundane, but is in reality, sublime. Expand
  5. Jun 26, 2012
    David Simon creates the best tv shows. The Wire and Generation Kill were awesome. Treme does not disappoint. It is very true to New-Orleans. It's a form of real tv if real tv was real and was about interesting people. Khandi Alexander is amazing. Steve Zahn is awesome. Things are quite crazy in New-Orleans but you see why people love it.
  6. Jul 26, 2013
    There has not been much buzz about this show but it is great. The producers work in some of the New Orleans music scene which is great. They also have a sub plot about a restaurant. All in all it keeps your attention and it looks like it is all filmed on location.
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    This show just like The Wire" follows the exact same line of writing, acting and overall feel of the show and thats down to David Simon and the way he writes and shoots a tv series. And its all of these things that make this show great, i know alot of people dont like the slow pace and the music but the music is a huge part of New Orleans if not the biggest part and the slow pace is just how a real drama series should be, it shouldnt be like every other drama on every other network.

Its sad that this show goes the same was as The Wire as in low ratings but critically acclaimed by every reviewer out there so hopefully like The Wire it will get a life of its own after the show has ended.
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    A unique series that has an unusual blend of real people (musicians) mixed with actors portraying fictional characters. The music of the show is nothing short of amazing. One other unique trait of this series is that the plot does not drive to "hook" you into watching another episode right away all episodes stand well on their own, no games are being played to trick you into watching another until you are ready, which makes it one of the few shows you can savour over a few weeks or months. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    As a series, Treme is a tough slog. I was by turns confused, bored and sad.
  2. Unlike "The Wire," the pacing is lazy. Many of the moments seem authentic, but to paraphrase director Alfred Hitchcock: A good show is life minus the boring parts.
    By the third episode of the three that HBO sent, the show had begun to find a rhythm, and the sometimes sprawling narrative (which will unfold over 10 episodes in the show's first season) had begun to gel in a promising way.