• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2003
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12
6.4

1. Jan 1, 2011
    The worst show on TV. Really really really lame and moronic. Not funny in any way unless you are one of these people that laugh when they hear a laugh track. In that case, watch on moron. Otherwise, avoid this show at all costs. I do find this show is a good indicator of peoples taste in TV, music, movies, and comedy. If they like this show you can be 100% confident that their opinion of entertainment in general is utterly worthless. Collapse
  2. May 21, 2013
    THE MOST OVERRATED SHOW FOLLOWED BY THE SAME NETWORKS ANOTHER HIGHLY POPULAR SHOW HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER..... I FEEL LIKE KILLING MYSELF AFTER WATCHING THESE TWO SHOWS. THEY ARE HIGHLY ANNOYING & ABSOLUTELY BORING....
  3. Aug 14, 2010
    Two and a Half Men, while funnier than some shows like Family Guy and South Park, is not near as funny as some other shows like How I Met Your Mother and even Scrubs. Each episode is full of the same old stuff, Charlie somehow getting laid, Jake doing some random stuff and Alan just standing there like an idiot. The laugh tracks occur literally every 2 seconds and just does not make the show believable at all. Expand
  4. Jan 20, 2011
    One of the worst shows on tv.Its not funny and the laugh track is really annoying.Shows like this getting HUGE ratings makes me sad.
  5. Dec 18, 2010
    Simply the worst show that I've ever seen in my entire life. I cannot even begin to describe how bad the comedy style of this show is. It's never even manged to make me laugh once.
  6. Jan 11, 2011
    most overrated, suck ass show out there. same formula for like 7 years, charlie sheen who looks like horse has casual sex with hot women, alan's a little **** the kid makes some lame mark that makes the audience say 'i can't believe he said that he's just a kid'...theres no jokes here they just play off there stupid little situations, damn this show sucks
  7. Jul 1, 2011
    This show defines generic. Generic characters, generic story lines, generic humor. Nothing stands out to make this show original or even likable. It is often lazy, lacking the ambition to try something new or mix up the formula. This isn't a show you hate or love as everything is just so plain and typical that it is hard to create emotion either way. Mediocre.
  8. Jan 29, 2013
    Honestly, I'm usually a fan of comedy shows, but this one doesn't do it for me. Lame and tasteless. I'd rather just watch Community or Big Bang Theory.
  9. Apr 28, 2011
    When watching this show I feel as if though the cynical aspect of society and modern debauchery is crawling up my nostrils with the express intent of suffocating my brain. "Men" the introduction score sings insinuating that the behavior of the characters herein reflect some part of the human condition, and the funny about that is entirely lost on me. Yes Alan is the loser and between him and Charlie with his dry wit and chauvinistic attitudes the banter sometimes sparks a laugh. But in essence this is a show entirely built around the idea that the exploration of character flaws make for perfect comedy, fortunately it doesn't work, at all. Expand
  10. Sep 8, 2011
    A very omegalomaniac tv show, centred in the life of charlie, only him. with no plot and good stories. they tried to copy the old tv shows, but, as we can see they couldn't
  11. Feb 17, 2012
    Do your remember watching a comedy show from the early 60's when you were younger thinking hwo funny it was then watching it years later as an adult and thinking it wasn't that funny? That's this show, except I didn't wait from childhood to adult to realize it. Laugh tracks come every few seconds to encourage the giggles so it is forced.
  12. Mar 20, 2013
    Bland and generic characters, story lines, and humor. Occasionally funny, but much of the material is trite and uninspired. It's disappointing; not because it ever had the potential to be a good show, but because it shows the the formula for success can be nothing more than mediocrity.
  13. Nov 29, 2012
    Trash. I have nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for John Cryer to be stuck in this mediocre, horrible, dated sitcom. I can't believe that this show was produced, let alone that it is so popular.
  14. May 15, 2014
    Charlie Sheen, basically playing a fictional version of himself, is a rich playboy living alone in his Malibu beach house when his uptight and soon to be divorced brother Alan (John Cryer), as well as his ten year old son (Angus T. Jones), come to stay with him.

The shows central premise revolves around Alan's ongoing jealousy of his older brother as Charlie seems to be with a different
    beautiful woman every night while he continues to struggle with little or no success in anything he does. From this concept Two and a Half Men manages to initially produce some fairly funny episodes and Alan's son Jake, despite a lack of acting skills on the part of Jones, certainly has some funny lines. However by the time you have watched half a dozen episodes the formula already begins to become a little stale. Each episode varies very little as Charlie’s women come and go and Alan continues to stay in his brothers shadow. By the end of the season I found myself groaning more often than I found myself laughing.

Despite its huge popularity, both in the US and the UK, there have been far more intelligent (and funny) comedy series in recent years. Shows like Community, Arrested Development, The Office (UK version) and Peep Show are far more worthy of peoples time and I would recommend any number of them over such a one-note sitcom.
  15. Jul 9, 2013
    This television series would have been promising initially. Why wouldn't it? Charlie Sheen, an icon of satirical comedy, is going to star as a bachelor with considerable amounts of cosh who lives with his brother. How could that go wrong? This is how it could go wrong. The writing of this series is rather not-very-good, and the acting of most, if not all, of the regular, guest and supporting cast is much the same. This is another of those laugh-track programs, where some of the jokes are SO bad that no sensible person would actually be laughing at them. In this series, that is most of the jokes. This series has deteriorated in quality in recent years, though the first series has remained the best. That's not to say, of course, that it is any good. Expand
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    For every funny episode, there's 3 or 4 crappy ones.
    It's simple, no matter who is at the helm, Charlie Sheen, or Ashton kutcher, this show will always suck.
    I saw the first episode with Ashton, THEY MADE JOKES AT A FUNERAL! A FREAKING FUNERAL!
    HOW SHALLOW IS THAT?
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    Have not seen an episode yet which created a laugh once or even gave me a smirk. Highly unintelligent and moronic, Two and a Half men is a unfunny sitcom that makes you wonder the taste of television in our society.....
  19. Mar 19, 2014
    charlie sheen is overated and a maisogynous . i liked charlie in scary movie 3 . but this is stupid show i liked charlie in anger managment but one of the disapointing shows i seen .

1. Jun 28, 2013
    If you prize originality, this new series will underwhelm you. ... What's surprising is the goodly number of laughs it does offer.
  2. Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Jun 17, 2013
    'Two and a Half''s setup ain't edgy, but its humor is a tad more genial -- brotherly ribbing as opposed to bad-tempered potshots. Its one nasty spot revolves around, unsurprisingly, women.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Apr 2, 2013
    Can someone please wake up Charlie Sheen? I know he's tried to build an entire career, Dean Martin-style, on half-lidded apathy, but as one-third of the new CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men, he's practically comatose. [22 Sept 2003, p.T35]