Ugly Americans : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.0

1. TylerC
    Mar 30, 2010
    Maybe only one or two jokes that are worth a chuckle per episode. Really crude, poorly animated and a completely unlikeable main cast. The only decent characters are the zombie roomate and Merlin. Avoid this one like the plague.
  2. MatthewS
    Apr 4, 2010
    It seems like lately all new programming decisions by Comedy Central are being made by emotionally retarded film school interns. Ugly Americans is no exception. The concept is idiotic and worse, the writing is dull and not in the least bit funny. This program continues the trend of awful new programming in the same category of such previous disasters as "Secret Girlfriend." This show is a dud.
  3. DDeCost
    Mar 18, 2010
    I love the animation reminds me of old-school MTV animation from the early 1990's. But unfortunately the shows all flash no substance. The jokes are conventional and recycled the characters redundant and uninspired and thats a pity given how great the show looks. Don't know why the critics are swooning for it, the love is all in its animation style not the content.
  4. peterD.
    Mar 20, 2010
    The animation is cool but the execution is poor. Lousy jokes, cookie cutter characters and just bland writing.
  5. james
    Apr 11, 2010
    This show is terrible, boring and cliched.
  6. JimT.
    Apr 6, 2010
    Not interesting enough to keep watching. The jokes all seem to be sight gags and obvious. They seem to be linked to the setting or visuals and not the plot of the show. Like when the birdman craps on the guys shoulder, and then responds to his distain with "Suck my balls". Why is that funny? Does it have anything to do with him crapping on the guys shoulder? I mean, the birdman could have Not interesting enough to keep watching. The jokes all seem to be sight gags and obvious. They seem to be linked to the setting or visuals and not the plot of the show. Like when the birdman craps on the guys shoulder, and then responds to his distain with "Suck my balls". Why is that funny? Does it have anything to do with him crapping on the guys shoulder? I mean, the birdman could have done ANYTHING demeaning to the guy, and when the guy gets angry, then say "suck my balls". I mean, he could have said, "Lucky you, I was aiming for your head!" or even "don't blame me, blame taco bell!" Those are crappy jokes too, but at least they reference what just happened. That is one example of how the show swings and misses. It misses a lot by the way. Expand
  7. BenK.
    Mar 26, 2010
    This show is a horrible replacement for Tosh.0. The premise made me want to watch, but it's simply not funny.
  8. IanM.
    Mar 26, 2010
    I was really excited about this show. Really let down. The jokes are hacky. Sometimes I think that cartoons get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to absurdity. I think that when Family Guy gets into doing too many cut away scenes, they're really just doing the same thing those terrible "____Movie" films do, but nobody calls them on it because it's a cartoon. I think that I was really excited about this show. Really let down. The jokes are hacky. Sometimes I think that cartoons get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to absurdity. I think that when Family Guy gets into doing too many cut away scenes, they're really just doing the same thing those terrible "____Movie" films do, but nobody calls them on it because it's a cartoon. I think that the Men in Black movies did a better job satirizing the freaks that live in New York City, but it's a Will Smith movie, and it's a bastardization of a classic science fiction story, so you're not supposed to like it. This looks like "Super Jail" so you're going into it thinking that it's going to be as good as "Super Jail" but it's just a bunch of bad puns and cut aways. It's not a good show. Expand
  9. DavidC
    Apr 11, 2010
    Occasionally funny, but, like so much of Comedy Central's content, it relies heavily on the gross-out factor and is as soulless as it's many infernal characters. If the creators thought this would be an insightful parable about multiculturalism, they should think again.
  10. PeterB
    Mar 17, 2010
    This wasn't funny. It was was GROSS. As a matter of fact it was so gross I couldn't watch it. I saw the multi-breasted girl with no head I turned the channel. This series is just bizarre. I lasted 8 minutes and that was longer than I should have lasted. I wanted to turn it off at 5 minutes but I thought I'd give it a chance.
  11. BrianH
    Mar 22, 2010
    This show has very few funny scenes. And of those few scenes, they're really lame, crude humor. Total waste of time. Stay away from this garbage. Watch Futurama, Family Guy, ANYTHING except this crap.
  12. BrandonF.
    Mar 25, 2010
    Great looking show but thats it. I know Stern one of the show writers worked on the Simpsons but jeez he'sgone way down hill. the writing is extremey cliche and unoriginal as are the characters. It'll air about 4 episodes and then it'll fade into obscurity.
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    Totalmente absurdo y aburrido es una idea original en algunas cosas pero lo demás son chistes malos, y ganas de sacarlo de la Tv cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    Ugly Americans can be gross and bizarre, but everything makes sense in the world that it has created.
  2. The premise is a neat riff on immigration and fitting in, but the jokes are a bit conventional for a show that looks so pleasantly odd.
  3. But if Ugly Americans comes with a message, it is at least equally determined to just be funny, and at that task, it frequently succeeds.