• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2010
  • Season #: 1
5.7

1. Sep 24, 2010
    This show works too hard at being cute. NBC has really been missing the mark lately.
  2. Oct 11, 2010
    I wanted to like this show. I really did. I've loved everything I've seen from J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Star Trek) and his other works look amazing as well (Alias, MI:3). But I don't enjoy this show. For such a formula show that relies on the likability and believability of its characters, the writers don't seem that interested in creating a realistic marriage. While the actors areI wanted to like this show. I really did. I've loved everything I've seen from J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Star Trek) and his other works look amazing as well (Alias, MI:3). But I don't enjoy this show. For such a formula show that relies on the likability and believability of its characters, the writers don't seem that interested in creating a realistic marriage. While the actors are perfectly believable in their action roles and their characters work well enough as separate entities, I don't buy their marriage. The actors don't have much chemistry together and I can't understand how either of them would want to stay together. They seem to be in the middle of a divorce as opposed to reviving their marriage. Their sweet looks at each other seem forced.

Apart from that, the spy aspects of the show flat and don't excite as much as they should. Chuck and Human Target do much better in choreography for their action scenes. I'm going to give this show a try, hoping the characters fall out of the cliches they've appeared to be up til now (failing marriage, only getting back into action would make them realize their love for each other, blah blah blah) Lost is my favorite tv show of all time, so I'm hoping J.J. can whip up his writers and actors into shape and remind them that we need some interesting characters (and soon) to go with some great action (which we haven't gotten yet - the "climactic' scene at the end of the pilot had one too many rockets heading our heroes' direction)
  3. Sep 27, 2010
    This is even more cute and cloying version of "Covert Affairs" with a pair of blandly gorgeous fashion models breezing through the exciting and totally safe world of romance novel grade sexspionage, Moonlighting-style, but with less-than-zero charisma and fun. Think Pamela Anderson's VIP, but for desperate housewives. This is probably J. J. Abrams' "Dollhouse", ie. a sharp drop into tiredThis is even more cute and cloying version of "Covert Affairs" with a pair of blandly gorgeous fashion models breezing through the exciting and totally safe world of romance novel grade sexspionage, Moonlighting-style, but with less-than-zero charisma and fun. Think Pamela Anderson's VIP, but for desperate housewives. This is probably J. J. Abrams' "Dollhouse", ie. a sharp drop into tired fluff after several hits. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2010
    Like most of the critics, I found that the show was mostly enjoyable, but a little bland and unstimulating. The pilot was just enjoyable enough for me to keep watching the show, but not to love it. I gave it a 6 though, because I think that it has some potential to go a little deeper and become more interesting as things go along, we just haven't seen how that is going to happen yet. ItLike most of the critics, I found that the show was mostly enjoyable, but a little bland and unstimulating. The pilot was just enjoyable enough for me to keep watching the show, but not to love it. I gave it a 6 though, because I think that it has some potential to go a little deeper and become more interesting as things go along, we just haven't seen how that is going to happen yet. It is hard to really judge a series from just its pilot, so I'm willing to give it more of a chance and keep watching. Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2010
    Not a very good first-impression. Dry and unoriginal so far. Didn't feel like JJ. Still, I like the genre, cast and creator, so I'll give it another go.
  6. Sep 23, 2010
    Coming from JJ Abrams, I was expecting a lot more from this show. So far, I haven't been impressed. It failed to explain or illustrate why these two spies are so highly regarded. Or at the very least, establish some reason for me to watch it again. As a JJ Abrams fanboy, I really wanted to like this show.
  7. Sep 26, 2010
    Not great, but not bad either. Probably good enough to survive long enough to give the cast and crew a chance to find their legs. The characters are likeable, the dialogue smart and zippy (though on the sweet side), the action is good, the concept is OK, but it's all rather shallow. No real meat. Is this really J.J. Abrams?
  8. Sep 30, 2010
    Disappointing. The weekly stories are decent enough, but nothing connects me to the characters. It's semi-serialized, but not enough to keep me invested. Plus, where's the signature JJ cliff hanger. Seems like network is too involved in the creative - big mistake.
  9. Oct 1, 2010
    This one shows promise, but it had better pick up before the axe falls! The elements of a great series are all there and this show could easily become this generation's "Hart to Hart". Gerald McRaney provides standout performances, and the action, technology and Bond-like resources and destinations provide the show with glamor and excitement. So what is missing? Unfortunately, the writingThis one shows promise, but it had better pick up before the axe falls! The elements of a great series are all there and this show could easily become this generation's "Hart to Hart". Gerald McRaney provides standout performances, and the action, technology and Bond-like resources and destinations provide the show with glamor and excitement. So what is missing? Unfortunately, the writing is not very clean and dialogue comes across as very contrived and unrealistic. Also, as attractive as the two leads are, there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between them at all! The insipid writing doesn't help matters in the romance arena either! But if they can correct those problems fairly quickly, the show just might develop into a fairly good series! Expand
  10. Oct 25, 2010
    I really love this show it is about time regular tv mixes marriage relationships in a positive way. The actors are awesome. I am hoping more viewers tune in so this show can remain on the air.
  11. Jan 3, 2011
    When watching the premiere of Undercovers I was taken back by how intriguing the Bloom agents were when coming to agent Nashes rescue. Excellent action(ie.sky scraper fight rpging vehicle) acting and story. Steven's proclaimed to Samantha were just getting started it couldn't be such of an understatement. Following shows went away from bringing the blooms and rest of cast to such aWhen watching the premiere of Undercovers I was taken back by how intriguing the Bloom agents were when coming to agent Nashes rescue. Excellent action(ie.sky scraper fight rpging vehicle) acting and story. Steven's proclaimed to Samantha were just getting started it couldn't be such of an understatement. Following shows went away from bringing the blooms and rest of cast to such a ethralling scenario because story focus was not on key characters for far too long. Once Sams professor came into play ep.7, and Stevens brother ep.10 grounds were laid to get things back on track. The professors death and the dispute between brothering agents made good sense to make things more personal. Writing, casting, and acting has never been so strong in an telivision series. Rating is a 10 and from here on i think more shows could learn from making a whole package like Undercovers has become. I plan on buying this season 1 on dvd and wish i could see a Undecovers movie. Cancelation not here please!!! Expand

1. He's dashing, she's beautiful, and the show is fairly entertaining. But Undercovers adds nothing to the spy show genre.
  2. The banter between the Blooms is so full of cloying sugar substitutes and so devoid of any real tension that there is no voyeuristic thrill to be had even from their--I'm just going to say it, because the show does--"sexpionage."
    The sets and costumes are lovely to look at. The two stars--British import Gugu Mbatha-Raw and German import Boris Kodjoe--are about as attractive as people get....Now if only their show didn't feel so flat.