7.5

1. Jan 10, 2013
    This show grew up so much since episode 1. I've just watched episode 11 and I found the plot really catchy. It's simply close to reality and it's worth watching. The stories of these 5 friends are just getting better each new episode and for common newbies in real world... I found it helpful, if you get it. Daphne's story line couldn't get any better and what it goes for Miles, who's now sort of hooked up with the messed up girl with no control on spending matters(Daphne)... Well, they turned out to be a great couple in the end. Right, I had some doubts because of the friendship background history they had. Sophia is taking risks, getting more wild and out of her shell... basically she is starting to live, and this couldn't have been more right for her writer career. Lou and Raviva are dealing with so much at the same time... They are such a catch to keep up with. And by the way Raviva's songs are a cool add to this show that has all the ingredients to work out. I just hope MTV doesn't cancel it. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    I really like this first season!
    The 5 actors are really well and the story of this 5 guys seems so real!
    Some parts are pretty foregone but, anyway, the story is really good.
    The bond beetwen the 5 friends is really fantastic and I hope that a new season will be made!
    Anyway, good job!

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Oct 16, 2012
    There is a story to be made from this, about aspiration and achievement and what goes on in the gap between them, but that is not a story that television, or any other form of American mass culture, particularly likes to tell. Underemployed flirts with it but more often settles for flattering its audience, reflecting not only its hopes but also its resentments.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Oct 16, 2012
    While it tries to stay in the hip genre of new-school dramedy, it often tilts toward traditional soap and sitcom.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Oct 16, 2012
    The plotting of the pilot is a bit too pat at times, but two subsequent episodes bolster the argument that Underemployed deserves a shot at going full-time.