United States of Tara : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 18, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.6

1. Oct 5, 2013
    It's a shame this show got cancelled when it did, I really like the direction it went in Season 3 and it could have easily moved forward. Season 2 was a slight disappointment, but Season 3 really moved every character forward. Toni Collette (and everyone involved) shined. I miss this show.
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    By the time Bryce shows up and kills off all the characters I've been adjusting to for 2 seasons, I've already had enough with the unbelievability of things. Paramount: why in the world would anyone, especially a professor and department head of psychology NOT lock up someone who has committed attempted homicide and has been cutting themselves? Ignoring this baseline fact was just tooBy the time Bryce shows up and kills off all the characters I've been adjusting to for 2 seasons, I've already had enough with the unbelievability of things. Paramount: why in the world would anyone, especially a professor and department head of psychology NOT lock up someone who has committed attempted homicide and has been cutting themselves? Ignoring this baseline fact was just too much for me. (ps, Kate was 15 in season 1, how did she graduate early, and have a flight attendant job at 17?!?) Collapse
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    WHY DID THIS GET CANCELLED? This was such a good show. Toni Collette is one of if not the greatest actress currently alive, and she owned this show. Canceling this but keeping The Big C (a.k.a The Big Crap) will forever go down as one of Showtime's biggest mistakes in the history of their existence.
  4. Jun 24, 2011
    A big comeback from a sub-par Season two. This was the best season yet of this show. Tara was taken to a very dark place, and I loved every second of it. Toni Collette may be the best actress on TV today. She really stepped up her game.
  5. Jun 11, 2011
    This is where the show should have gone after the first season. The twists are exciting and original and we finally have a singular antagonist that could do some real damage. For me though, nothing can match the first season even though this seasons is amazing. Gutted it has been cancelled.
  6. Jun 4, 2011
    I loved the 1st two seasons of this show but now the characters, and Tara's issues, are starting to grate. It's like when you make a new, quirky friend who is loads of fun to be around until, after a while, they start to irritate you with their quirkiness and the things you used to enjoy about them - start making you want to run away.
  7. May 29, 2011
    A massive step up from the fairly disappointing second season. This season packs excitement, sadness, joy and comedy just like the first.

Unfortunately we won't get to see much of Tara's new evil alter as Showtime have shockingly decided to cancel this brilliant series.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Swanson
    Apr 8, 2011
    United States of Tara smothers its characters and situations in layers of quirk and sarcasm, like an expensive steak drenched in Velveeta.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Mar 28, 2011
    The new season starts a bit slow.... But it's all laying the groundwork for a gripping, almost nightmarish second half of the season in which the life of every member of the Gregson family seems in danger of splintering as badly as Tara's psyche.
  3. Reviewed by: Tanner Stransky
    Mar 28, 2011
    [When] all four of the weirdo personalities arrive in the last few minutes, fully energized and ready to help her navigate her dark ride through academia. It's clear then and there it's gonna be a wonderful season.