Vanished : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 21, 2006
5.0

1. AmyA
    Aug 27, 2006
    I predict it'll be cancelled soon.
  2. SusanaA
    Aug 30, 2006
    Acting is weak (senator mostly) but I'm sucked in.
  3. maryl
    Dec 8, 2006
    I thought this was a great show and I am extremely upset that it is cancelled
  4. LuisL
    Horrible, no thanks.
  5. MiguelQ
    Oct 9, 2006
    Bad enough...now add 'Esai Morales' and call if Cancelled.
  6. DonnaW
    Aug 21, 2006
    Gale Harold brings humanity to the role of Agent Kelton. He is a gifted actor who will bring many viewers to the show. The pilot introduces many intriguing possibilities. If viewers care about the characters, as well as the mystery, iit should continue to be a success.
  7. SharonP
    This show shows promise
  8. SandjarK
    Aug 22, 2006
    It's a rediculous show of the "Davinci Code" type, meaning that must have looked much better on paper. The dialogues are cheesy and performances are just downright bad.
  9. GerryB
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is Josh Berman's second shot and it should be his last. It's a shoddily written and constructed show that seems like recycled tv.
  10. EmmetL
    Aug 25, 2006
    I read somewhere that it's as if a film school class put a television show together and called it Vanished, and that was exactly my impression.
  11. AndrewC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Too much hype and no delievery. Weak cast. Obvious writing.
  12. ChristinaE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Sorry guys, I hear Gale Harold gets killed in episode five. That's the rumor...
  13. JamesS
    Aug 30, 2006
    Show has great potential.
  14. JenniferS
    Sep 20, 2006
    This show is awsome... I love this show, it has alot of suspence
  15. MK
    Oct 10, 2006
    I want to know what happens next.
  16. DawnA
    Oct 2, 2006
    This show is getting better every week. I'm really enjoying it. It's got a good story and I hope FOX doesn't cancel it and leave fans hanging again like they did last year with Reunion.
  17. JudyN
    Dec 19, 2006
    The "finale" left more questions than answers. Please bring back Vanished, even if we have to watch it on Fox's Vanished website!!!!
  18. deiredef
    Oct 2, 2006
    fast paced, interesting political concept...some very obvious flaws that everyone can see. In addition the actors are stiff...especially the actor who plays the senator...and sorry...the fbi agent is also a light weight. But oh the intrigue of the plot!!! That's why I continue to watch. I just hope we find out who and why before they cancel it.
  19. JenniferM
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love the show, can't wait to see what happens next!
  20. Sstewart
    Oct 3, 2006
    if agent kelton dies, so shall this show
  21. RosaR
    Oct 9, 2006
    Poor Script, not worth watching...All they have to do is add an 'amateur' actor like Esai Morales...then the series will 'Vanish.'
  22. SaraP
    Awful....
  23. AlmaS
    Oct 9, 2006
    Should be re-named 'Cancelled'
  24. kreavitee
    Aug 19, 2006
    basically it's an 22-part episode of without a trace. although they actually show us the detective work (which can be pretty cool.) i was enjoying it..until they randomly had some "frozen" body come out of nowhere. that's when i had to roll my eyes.
  25. RachaelS
    Aug 20, 2006
    Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to the other shows that I've just listed. Expand
  26. GeorgeV
    Aug 20, 2006
    Is it better than CSI? No. Better than Without a Trace? No. Has Fox gone insane by comparing mediocre shows like PrisonBreak and now, Vanished, to true gems like 24? Probably. The only decent show FOX has now is 24. That's it.
  27. JakeJ
    Cancel it.
  28. SlickyMcSlick
    Great show!
  29. RichardP
    Excellent, suspensful show
  30. BethK
    Aug 24, 2006
    LOVED this show! I really hope it sticks around... it has great potential and an early intrigue.
  31. LynetteB
    Aug 25, 2006
    Whatever happened to acting? To writing a good script? To strong direction? I saw none of any of this in Vanished.
  32. RebeccaS
    Aug 25, 2006
    One week is enough for me!
  33. MorgaineS
    Aug 25, 2006
    This show gets a 10 mainly for the head FBI agent played by Gale Harold. It has rough spots with some of the casting, and the writing is weak in spots, but it's a cool premise with a hot leading guy. People should give it a chance. There's nothing better on anywhere else.
  34. JenniferG
    Bad show.
  35. MichaelH
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't Josh Berman's last show fail, too?
  36. debrat
    Aug 25, 2006
    Enjoyed the show and Gale Harold as an FBI agent. He's a great actor.
  37. kelleyp
    Aug 26, 2006
    i hope this show stays with Gale Harold on it!!!
  38. Veronica
    Aug 26, 2006
    This looks like it's going to be a fascinating mix of detective work and mysterious symbolism, and the beautiful Gale Harold will keep me coming back each week. I think the characters and the story will develop in many intriguing ways if you give it time.
  39. MandyK
    Aug 26, 2006
    Gale Harold is fabulous......what ever you are paying him - double it!
  40. AnnD
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not for me...and not for anyone else, in my opinion.
  41. GreyC
    Aug 26, 2006
    Is this what Fox is putting on the air these days? If so, please bring back the WB.
  42. JoshZ
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a sense of false urgency this show conveys...and nothing really happens. This one's going away.
  43. JodieO
    Aug 26, 2006
    Gale Harold is wonderful in his role as Graham Kelton! The story has me intrigued, to say the least. I'll keep watching, if only to see Gale Harold.
  44. GranadaJ
    Aug 27, 2006
    Who would ever watch this again?
  45. HarmonyC
    Bad bad bad bad bad.
  46. EnderM
    Aug 27, 2006
    I just don't understand how some of the people's comments on this page are positive--that's absurd. This show is terrible.
  47. VanessaC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not so hot. After Wentworth, I'm out.
  48. MichelleR
    This one's a stinker.
  49. WilmaH
    Aug 27, 2006
    I give it until the new shows on other networks come out...then flame out.
  50. JonathanG
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not well made. Not smart. Bad cast. Next.
  51. LesterH
    Aug 27, 2006
    Even the production design was terrible. C'mon--what does the network take us for, a bunch of idiots?
  52. Melindab
    Aug 28, 2006
    Gale Harold is amazing to watch. His intensive and range really mesmerize the audience. I do think the dialogue could use some work but it is an interesting hour and far better than anything else I've seen this season!
  53. LaurenP
    Aug 28, 2006
    Bored after 15 minutes
  54. MarkS
    Aug 29, 2006
    Sounded boring in the ads and while watching it neither I nor my girlfriend could work up any enthusiasm over it. I hate to be impatient, but I was thoroughly uninterested and after 15 minutes moved on to watching something else. It might get good, but seems unlikely.
  55. PhilS
    Sep 12, 2006
    they hyped it so much. I think they spent more time on the commercials in reality it's borrrrrrring. I predict it will simply vanish from the airwaves very soon.
  56. BillD
    Sep 20, 2006
    We didn't see it until episode 4. Downloaded the others to catch up. We think it's great
  57. shaynew
    Sep 25, 2006
    vanished will live up to the hype just give it time!!!
  58. JoeT
    Sep 25, 2006
    Great Show. I like it.
  59. HeidiP
    Sep 5, 2006
    The only thing lacking in this great series is a leading lady with some depth. The actress that plays Agent Mei needs to come through with the intensity that Agent Kellan provides. Go Gale!
  60. JustMe
    Sep 5, 2006
    Come on! What the heck was Fox thinking? This is a Without a Trace wanna be that doesn't even come close to the quality of the original. I think the majority of the positive ratings are all coming from people with the hots for the actors on the show and not the show itself.
  61. GR
    Sep 5, 2006
    I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews for the next episode are boring. I hope this gets cancelled and then maybe, Gale can get something with more substance. Vanished is like the backwoods borderline retatrded cousin of 24. Expand
  62. AlanK
    Sep 6, 2006
    This shows takes place in Atlanta. So how come no one has a southern accent? I lived in Atlanta for 13 years and I can tell you most people have an accent. I cannot imagine a senatorfrom Georgia without an accent. He wouldn't be elected.
  63. GordonT
    Sep 7, 2006
    Tell me is there anyone on this show you can like? I know its not the greatest of scripts but with all the characters they have there are only 2 or 3 actors. Some of the plot lines a so obvious its painful. Maybe over the course of the series they will be able to develop someone you can like.
  64. mandy
    Nov 4, 2006
    why did kelton have to die? its soo not fair. it was a 10 until he got killed...
  65. RichardG
    Nov 4, 2006
    My fear was that this series would be too complex and would lose me if I missed an episode but if I can become addicted to 24 AND miss an occasional episode... My craving for answers hasn't wained and I find the actors top notch.
  66. GailM
    Dec 12, 2006
    Great program. good suspense. I MISS IT!!! and the least the producers can do, is to run all the episodes that were filmed and ready to be aired. That we have to go in search of it is ridculous. why not run the remaining episodes when all the reruns are on during holidays or ??? on Saturday night TV that stinks? LOL.. Good, I feel better now, but not happy that I don't know the end.
  67. peterd
    Oct 20, 2006
    Eye popcorn and I can't wait to find out who kidnapped the lady.
  68. ElliotM
    Dec 2, 2006
    Well, thank god the worst show of all time has been cancelled. The writing, directing, and most particularly, the acting, absolutely sucked. None of these actors should ever be cast again, particularly the ones playing the daughter and her boyfriend. They were especially awful. I hope never to see them again.
  69. IloveVanished
    Dec 30, 2006
    Some of the actors were crappy, but over all this show was awesome. It kept you guessing what would happen next plus it had a lot of twists and turns. Even though it had low ratings FOX should have kept it going for the last 4 episodes. Even though they are avalible on the web some people cannot view them, including me. I hope Vanished at least comes out on DVD, and soon!
  70. ShabbaK
    Oct 26, 2006
    Love it!
  71. garyb
    Oct 27, 2006
    i love the show
  72. AliyaS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Although it is not as good as Prison Break, Vanished is fast paced enough to maintain interest, and has quite a few twists and turns that would keep viewers guessing, I thoroughly enjoy this show and look forward to its next episode.
  73. moviebuff
    Oct 5, 2006
    VANISHED is a top notch show that keep syou spinning with intrigue. MUST WATCH
  74. JenR
    Aug 18, 2006
    Very much looking forward to this show. I've seen the pilot and was completely drawn into the story and fascinated by many of the characters. I can't wait to get more of Agent Kelton's backstory, regarding his family and the past case that still haunts him. And I already have a "love to hate" character - "journalist" Judy Nash. LOL The possible Illuminati tie-ins are very Very much looking forward to this show. I've seen the pilot and was completely drawn into the story and fascinated by many of the characters. I can't wait to get more of Agent Kelton's backstory, regarding his family and the past case that still haunts him. And I already have a "love to hate" character - "journalist" Judy Nash. LOL The possible Illuminati tie-ins are very intriguing as well. Don't write this one off! Expand
  75. MarkR
    Aug 18, 2006
    Love Harold and Na. Great chemistry. Can't wait to see next episode!
  76. JonathanM
    Aug 18, 2006
    Gale Harold will make this show a hit, I predict.
  77. IanJ
    Aug 18, 2006
    Love Gale Harold and Ming Na. This one will have lots of twists and turns, I can tell. Can't wait to see what happens. Great start!
  78. SusanL
    Forget about it!
  79. LisaR
    Horrible!!!!!
  80. AdamR
    Aug 21, 2006
    Ming Na should na be working.
  81. JohnK
    Aug 21, 2006
    Yuch!!!!! Avoid at all costs!!
  82. wendellw
    Aug 21, 2006
    I saw this pilot early...boy it is in search on everything else on TV!!! You'd thnk those folks in Hollywood could find something better to do with their time than make stuff like this...
  83. TonyF
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!
    Aug 20, 2006
    I hated Prison Break. I love 24. Now this new show is being compared to both. It can be compared to Prison Break, but not 24. It's bland, with one decent actor who they actually took from 24, and the stupid ancient mystery surrounding the plot is dumb.
  85. TylerT
    Aug 20, 2006
    A train-wreck of a show. Like Prison Break, every one expected a huge hit to follow in 24's footsteps, but fails. By the way guys, one actor cant make a show a perfect 10 out of 10. Maybe you should watch some GOOD shows before you hand out 10's to every random show you watch, especially if you've seen a single episode only.
  86. CanadianDude
    Aug 20, 2006
    I tried to watch the entire episode, and it was okay, but not worth watching. DEFINITELY not worth a 10. Maybe if they had a candian actor like Sutherland in 24.....Just kidding, but seriously, this show is FAR from perfect.
  87. KeithA
    I hated it!
  88. KarenC
    Aug 22, 2006
    Vanished should vanish as quickly as possible.
  89. ElllenS
    Aug 22, 2006
    This was a terrible show!
  90. JoshE
    Aug 22, 2006
    Saw it last night--sucked!
  91. AndrewM
    Aug 22, 2006
    Wow, this show was boring. The characters have no personality whatsoever.
  92. calliinnocent
    Aug 23, 2006
    I like the show, but i must admit I am watching it because of Gale Harold I think he has fantastic talent and is a a plaesure to watch
  93. CharisM
    Aug 23, 2006
    I feel like I am being force fed fast food by the network when they pump this drivel down our throats and into our minds. The shameless self-promotion and chest-thumping about how great thes how is, when it's just plain mediocre, is ridiculous. Why can't the product be as strong as the marketing? Then, the marketing would be justified--and real--which this show decidedly isn't.
  94. TeresaL
    Aug 23, 2006
    This is a great show -- and for people to call it "boring" than they must not have seen the same show that I saw. It was riveting, exciting and I am certain to clear my schedule to watch the next Vanished. Gale Harold and Ming-Na had great chemistry. I am glad so glad to see Gale Harold -- if anyone can, he can carry this show!!!!
  95. EmileR
    Aug 24, 2006
    This show is going down.
  96. KarlaC
    Aug 24, 2006
    I really liked and and I'm looking forward to more.
  97. PegY
    Aug 24, 2006
    I recently discovered this show. I wish I had seen it from the beginning to get the entire story plot of the show; however, I am anxious to watch future episodes.
  98. LisaT
    Aug 24, 2006
    I watched it last week and I will definitely not watch again. Boring, pretentious, and slow. I don't think any of the actors are any good, and the writing was silly.
  99. BobD
    Aug 24, 2006
    I thought Mimi Leder's direction was awful. Frenetic and obvious--if you have an ounce of taste, pass on this one. There's no reason to tune in.
  100. AdamL
    Aug 24, 2006
    I can't wait for the other shows to debut in a couple of weeks--at least tehn we will have some other options!

This is what you'd get if Without a Trace somehow turned into a cartoonish conspiracy chase thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Lacking "Prison Break's" tough milieu and its initial narrative drive, "Vanished" doesn't exactly scream "Watch me." Nevertheless, it's polished enough and very much a work in progress.
  3. The pilot moves along at a cracking pace, introducing new clues and characters and settings so fast that it's very tempting to sit back and enjoy the ride, ludicrous though some of it may be.