You're the Worst : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 17, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.7

1. Oct 28, 2014
    You're the Worst is the worst. I'm getting so tired of shows trying to desperately seem edgy and hyper-sexual. It always looks forced and this one is not even funny. I feel embarrassed watching it because they are trying way too hard. I gave it 2 points because the lead actress has potential and should be using it somewhere else. I'm sad that this show is popular. It says a lot about our society.
  2. Aug 4, 2014
    What if Jerry and Elaine were revolting sex addicts?

What if Jerry and Elaine were revolting sex addicts?

I couldn't make it through the first episode. Is this supposed to be a daring new comedy because some misfit jack-ass wanks himself under the blankets every five minutes? That Aya Cash even allows this creep to get near her is disconcerting enough. By signing on to this stinker, she has instantly typecast herself as a vulgar, sorry slag. If the jokes and off-the-cuff commentary could match their crass behaviour it might be marginally worth watching. Sorry, the Ferris Bueller pop-culture reference was dim and out-dated. Is this the best anecdotal humour they can muster to sweeten the crude and callous stench of this irredeemable muck? This could start a cable race for the lewdest common denominator.
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    I love unsympathetic characters AND raunchy dialog, and I STILL don't like this show.
    It is unfunny, chock-full of cliches that aren't even freshened up convincingly, has 2-dimensional "characters", and lots of R-rated sexy bits. The acting and writing come out of a can.
    It bears repeating: unfunny. So really, all the show's got is some sexy bits. If you're looking to watch some
    It bears repeating: unfunny.

So really, all the show's got is some sexy bits. If you're looking to watch some sexy bits, may I recommend a place called The Internet? There's a pretty good supply.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Sep 10, 2014
    Gretchen and Jimmy's story, which acquires surprising emotional weight as the season progresses, is highly addictive on its own merits.
  2. Reviewed by: Jason Lynch
    Aug 22, 2014
    The show grows ever more confident each week. As Jimmy and Gretchen grapple with their relationship, their conflicts seem authentic and not contrived.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jul 17, 2014
    It should be noted that Geere and Cash are very, very good--they just need better material. (Unfortunately, the rest of the cast, even though they don't get much work, grind the show to a halt--an almost insurmountable problem except that Worst's penchant for trying to shock with crassness is really the stumbling block here).