• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Feb 5, 2019
6.6

1. Dec 6, 2019
    Nexus was just the way for Atlus to make a buck and not have to trash the assets they made for Untold 3. If they actually took the standout labyrinths from EOIII then there would be the Porcelain Forest instead of the Undersea Grotto.
    This game is also extremely overlong and the strata that are unique to Nexus have all of 2 environments. Seriously, this game has too many plain green forests. Every game has it's introduction forest included. All in all, Nexus just feels like a cobbled together cashgrab in a desperate attempt to reuse assets and squeeze out a few sales from anybody who doesn't have EO burnout.
    Oh, and if you were expecting Nexus to make improvements on gameplay from EOV, you've been misled.
  2. Feb 9, 2019
    I'd love to give this a green score, but I just can't... because it's cobbled together recycled content from previous games. Like not even an homage to them, but *blatant* copy/pasting of previous games.

While I am rather enjoying it for what it is, I'd much rather see NEW stuff. Edit: Class balance is a complete joke. Of 19 classes, there's one INT caster and one buffer. And balance

While I am rather enjoying it for what it is, I'd much rather see NEW stuff.

Edit: Class balance is a complete joke. Of 19 classes, there's one INT caster and one buffer. And balance between the remaining classes is very poor.

The game has major pacing issues and is slower than previous EO games. Subclasses take forever to unlock. And it's just not as fun as previous EO games.

I'm lowering the score because it basically requires people to buy the DLC to play, which is really slimy. Hopefully, the series will just die here.
  3. Mar 26, 2020
    Terribile noioso senza posti senza personalizzazione ... troppo punitivo sotto troppi punti di vista

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Aug 28, 2019
    Raise a frothy mug with Etrian Odyssey Nexus. It's a worthy goodbye party. [Issue #39 – May/June 2019, p. 76]
  2. Mar 8, 2019
    All in all, Etrian Odyssey Nexus is a solid entry in the series. It doesn't reinvent the wheel but is sort of a grab bag of everything that makes Etrian Odyssey work. It's very familiar, and longtime series fans may find that this outing played it too safe, but casual fans and newcomers should consider it a near-perfect place to start the series. All in all, Nexus is a fantastic end to the long handheld history of the franchise, and it provides a lot of hope for whatever comes next.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    Although I prefer Beyond the Myth by a slight margin, Etrian Odyssey Nexus offers a familiar and rewarding dungeon crawling adventure that retro RPG fans will surely appreciate. Now that the series is done on 3DS, here's hoping we can play the next one on Switch.