Sonic Shuffle

7.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 13, 2017
    Well Sega Dreamcast Has Only 3 Sonic Games But This One Is Awesome!
    Its Not A Bad Game Like People Say It Has Fun Minigames Interesting Story And The Voice Acting Is Not So Bad Also Its One Of My Favourite Sonic Games It Doesnt Deserve All That Hate Also The Graphics Arent 100% Bad Its A Little Bit Good I Give It 9/10
  2. Jun 9, 2016
    Why do people hate this game? The minigames are good and the controls are okay. The game is kinda nostalgic. Not that much and it didn't really age well.
  3. Dec 18, 2017
    This game despite being a clone of Mario Party is not half bad even though the "critics" say otherwise.

This game might be based on Mario Party, but it uses a different system whilst Mario Party is purely based on luck. Sonic Shuffle uses cards, at first they are hidden, but when they become visible it makes this luck based game more strategy based. And the other good thing this game

And the other good thing this game does is the music. Sonic Shuffle has a better ost than Mario Party.

In the other hand it has the same lackluster as the very first Mario Party, only 4 characters playable: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose. It has also a very few stages, sadly.

I'm indifferent ragarding the graphics, I have seen better, but it's not ugly either.

Honestly, it's really far from being that bad.
  4. Jun 20, 2018
    I'd rate this the same as Mario Party Advance. The story is dumb and makes no sense, the minigames are dull, the character selection is alright and the graphics are cool. While it's not the WORST game ever made, it's not really worth your time.
  5. Dec 26, 2019
    Was Sonic's attempt at the Mario Party formula a good one? No, not really. The gameplay isn't as fun, since it's more predictable, less frantic, more boring, and there aren't as many minigames to reduce the tedium. Not that the minigames are that good, anyway. The story is decent and the game didn't have as much to compete with, but it could've been much better.
  6. HawkN.
    Nov 18, 2001
    This game aint as bad as most people say, the music can get annoying and can get cool, the graphics aren't to great but I don't really value that. If you liked "Mario Party" you should try this out and by the way, the loading times aren't as long as people say.
  7. gangster10453
    Jan 6, 2002
    The game is cool the graphics are not to bad and the mini games are fun but a certin board called firebird is really the down fall it is sobering. u wish u were in a vienmese conction camp.
  8. KaizaN.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Ok, let me first start off by saying I have never played it yet, but I have read both sides of the reviews and here is my side of this. First of on graphics. Well remember that this is a party game, this is not Sonic so things change. The graphics are 2d and so are the charecters, kind of like a board game. Sonic Adventure is an action packed game while Shuffle is a party game, so you Ok, let me first start off by saying I have never played it yet, but I have read both sides of the reviews and here is my side of this. First of on graphics. Well remember that this is a party game, this is not Sonic so things change. The graphics are 2d and so are the charecters, kind of like a board game. Sonic Adventure is an action packed game while Shuffle is a party game, so you have to take both types of games for consideration. And as far as Shuffle emulating Mario Party, that's good. I think that is a good idea because of people who don't have a Nintendo 64 but wanting to play a game like Mario Party, this is their chance. As far as sound and music goes. This game isn't as fast paced, so don't expect Sonic Adventure type of music. I think that Music fitting each type of level and map is a good idea. Remember, if they are making a party game, the closer to Mario Party the better, and Mini Events make it even better. And on the difficulty. While it is commonly known that the computer does cheat, imagaine how good you would be if you could beat a cheating computer right and left, how can anyone beat you. I think it is good practice. On to the storyline. I am not going to give the storyline, because if you want it you should read a faq about the game. Anyway, party games in general don't have great storylines, even Mario Party didn't have a great one. On to loading times. Some Dreamcast games have loading times roughly ten times the 10-18 seconds you wait before you play a mini game or mini event [Worms Armageddon, MDK are two such examples]. Also, if you took the time to start practicing and getting better instead of losing once and finding each and every minute mistake this game has and making a big deal about it, you should play more and get better so maybe after you finally get good enough, you should be able to beat those cheating computers and maybe then you might enjoy this game. [These are the same kind of people who do the same thing in rpgs and spend most of thier time play racing games primarily, I call them pessimists, you can call them whatever you want.] Anyway, I think as far as the replay value, it depends. At the very start, the first time you play and you lose badly you want to give the game up, but if you have the patience to continue playing and never give up, the replay value rises the more you play it. It rises even higher if you have 3 other friends with controllers and vmus so they can play also. What I am saying is the more patient you are the more fun the game is for you. Instead of comparing this game to Sonic Adventure [completely different type of game] and start comparing it to Mario Party. This game has more charecters then Mario party 6 to 8 and some games are more fun then some on Mario Party and some are worse. All in all I think this is a pretty good version of Mario Party Expand
  9. DavidM.
    Sep 4, 2002
    Well I think this game is not that bad at all it just needs so more mini games where you actually win more force jewels and ring combos. The music especially the introduction music is excellent without no doubt it is really cool. Sonic Room the picture prices could have been a little lower but otherwise thats not such a bad idea either. Peace Out.
  10. ZaronX.
    Oct 22, 2004
    The game is not BAD, per se. Reviewers acclaim the graphics while dissing the game, but it should really be the other way around. The graphics are the SUCK. Overall, though, the game is fun. Mini games include shooting each other in tanks, passing bombs back and forth, jumping rope over a pit of doom, various random things, and about a billion different versions of tag. Playing against The game is not BAD, per se. Reviewers acclaim the graphics while dissing the game, but it should really be the other way around. The graphics are the SUCK. Overall, though, the game is fun. Mini games include shooting each other in tanks, passing bombs back and forth, jumping rope over a pit of doom, various random things, and about a billion different versions of tag. Playing against the computer is a mule, to say the least, but that makes it horribly amusing when you dominate them and get to the climactic (and only) boss battle in the game against Void. Multiplayer can be a lot of fun, with a little practice and no computer players. Unless you get paired up with someone with decent skill, the computer will OWN you. Get four players. For your own bloody good, get four players, lest you die a horrible and unspeakable death. Never pair up with a n00b against the computer. You WILL wind up playing with them against the computer in any 2-on-2 games. And you WILL lose if any cooperation is involved. Practice your partner. Game is fun. Computer is mean. Kill them, and you will be happy. Expand
    Aug 17, 2004
    Great graphics, fun gameplay and an amazing multiplayer experience makes this game amazing. The one player game can be quite difficult, but it's nice to have a challenge in a sonic game for once, eh? Overall decent game, music fitting, imaginative storyline.
  12. Feb 8, 2013
    I thought the cell-shaded art style looked pretty cool, As party games go it's definately worth playing. Some of the mini-games could've been done better but overall it's a good game.
  13. Sep 21, 2020
    I play this game in 4P mode with my family and we have so much fun! GD-emu nullifies loading times and the graphics look really good with vga. The mini-games are varied, very exciting and often hilariously over the top, even including some with asymmetrical game play. Seeing your cards at your own VMU so that only you can see the numbers is such a unique detail and adds to the fun. There'sI play this game in 4P mode with my family and we have so much fun! GD-emu nullifies loading times and the graphics look really good with vga. The mini-games are varied, very exciting and often hilariously over the top, even including some with asymmetrical game play. Seeing your cards at your own VMU so that only you can see the numbers is such a unique detail and adds to the fun. There's a lot of interference by "Eggman" Robotnik, which turns a seemingly easy game into a tearful challenge. Same goes for the jewels, they enable a player to turn the tide in one turn, so you can never feel safe standing next to a precious stone. The balance between luck, dexterity and strategy is perfect and it has many unique traits and the pace really works. Don't hate this game just because it's another party game - find 3 other humorous gamers and enjoy this code! Expand
  14. Dec 24, 2021
    The only people who hate this game are people with no friends. It’s a blast with some buddies. The random elements can be a bit brutal and the AI cheats, but that just gives you and your bud(s) extra motivation to beat the crap out of the bots before each other.

Really my only critique is that tying all of the character unlock progression to the single player mode is absurd and very against the spirit of a party game.
  15. Oct 17, 2020
    Wow, all the nostalgia-blind fanboys are hilarious with their positive reviews. This game is complete nonsense & an obvious very poorly made Mario Party rip off. Shuffle was a fitting title, however, seeing as it's total random garbage. Hopefully they never ever ever make a new one of these games, & if they do I expect several improvements. Followed suit by the many, many other poorlyWow, all the nostalgia-blind fanboys are hilarious with their positive reviews. This game is complete nonsense & an obvious very poorly made Mario Party rip off. Shuffle was a fitting title, however, seeing as it's total random garbage. Hopefully they never ever ever make a new one of these games, & if they do I expect several improvements. Followed suit by the many, many other poorly designed & optimized 3D Sonic games. Expand
  16. Jun 28, 2020
    Eh, It's mediocre at best. The minigames are alright and sometimes actually fun. I'd recommend to play this with friends other than by yourself because the game gets boring. Overall if you wanna play a fun minigame collection like mario party, I'd recommend this. 6/10
  17. Aug 28, 2020
    It wasn't terrible but wasn't amazing either. There's an obvious lift off of Mario Party here but it salvages itself by having vastly different mini games and different structure for the game.

The game is a C. It's worth giving it a try on a multi player night but it may just leave your guests asking for a round of Mario Party instead.
  18. May 8, 2022
    Fun game, whit good story and in general is an awesome party game to play with friends, people pretty hate this game just becuase it's a Mario Party rip off
  19. May 1, 2022
    Mario party but sonic sums the game up half decently. It has adventures graphics and it runs decently. But there is next to nothing in sonic shuffle that you couldn't get in better condition somewhere else. Regardless, its fun to play with friends and at the end of day, isn't that what video games are all about.

#4 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2000
#5 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2000

Mixed or average reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Dreamcast HQ
    If you intend on playing by yourself, don't expect to win anytime soon. The computer players are cheap, if not downright nasty.
  2. CNET Gamecenter
    A game that blends all the fun of a long tedious board game with the excitement of staring at a loading screen!
  3. Antagonist
    With a lot of creativity, Sonic Team has taken the boardgame to the digital age, and made a fun, sometimes frustrating board game that is a lot more than throwing some dice and moving around a rectangle.