6.6

1. Jan 14, 2019
    I little bit disappointed.
    I little bit disappointed.
    This game had everything for me to like it, a little bit of lovecraft, a little bit of rogue like, a small piece of turn based combat and some rpg features. Unfortunately it didn't comply with the hype, it is not easy to play on ipad (maybe that is the main problem) and I get tired playing for long. I don't really get into the game although I tried for many hours.
    I have to admit that even if it is not the game I was expecting it is enjoyable and the mechanics are good enough (and gets better little by little).
    Anyway I cannot recommend the game unless you are fan of the genre, and even so, I would say to play on other platform.

1. Jan 21, 2018
    The unique invention of a beautifully gloomy RPG is ruined by the essential technical issues. Whether they are tedious controls or its embarrassing visuals on the touch screen, the tablet version simply upsets in a different way than the creators intended.
  2. Sep 6, 2017
    If you played and liked Darkest Dungeon on PC, picking up the tablet edition is a no-brainer. For five bucks, you can take your dungeon-crawling on-the-go, and even continue adventures you've started on the PC by exporting your save file via Dropbox. That said, Darkest Dungeon certainly isn't for everyone. It feels like a game that wants to beat you down by throwing its systems at you. This can be fun to a point, but it also makes the game feel pretty oppressive and downright random. Considering the game is about fighting off eldritch horrors, this makes a certain amount of sense, but it also makes for a less fun game experience.
  3. Sep 5, 2017
    Darkest Dungeon is a superb game and is well suited for the iPad. It's the kind of game you can drop almost any amount of time into and have fun. I've played both quick, twenty-minute spurts to tackle a single quest as well as some hours-long play sessions where I settled into the couch to really dig in and make some progress. Combat is fun and challenging and rewards good planning—picking the right mix of characters to go in—as well as good turn-by-turn decision making. The ability to upgrade and improve your town as you go adds a nice sense of permanence to what is otherwise a constantly shifting mix of characters. The bottom line is that if you enjoy role-playing games centered on smart, tactical combat Darkest Dungeon is a must-buy.