0.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 5795 Ratings

Buy Now

1. Jun 5, 2022
    I will preface by saying this is an unethical entity because it is not a real game.

If you are the type of 'gamer' who believes the cash shop where you purchase virtual items with real money is the hub of content, then you are the demographic. Oh, and if you enjoy the relentless intrusive ads, regardless of how much you have already spent, to buy more stuff in the shop then again, you are the demographic here. You can buy power indirectly by purchasing gems.

To touch on my latter statement from the above. If you play the game through and through, you WILL be time gated for a month. You need gems to upgrade gear. However, by playing without the assistance of using real life money you can only obtain like... 3 gems per MONTH. But.... if you buy it all off the of the cash store well you can keep going. Blizzard implemented a "feel bad" system where if you buy a gem and it doesn't proc to an legendary gem you have to pay a little over $100 for the system to auto-proc that for you. Keep in mind that ONE proc could take $100. Now do that at least 12 times. Note! I haven't even gotten into the deeper microtransactional problems either. Haven't explored that and I never will. Miss me with all of this digesting and reprehensible system. I'm good.

Disclaimer. Personally, I do not care about paying with real money for in-game cosmetics. You know, things that do not make your character more powerful in any way possible. I can literally care less. Even if those looks are better than anything farmable, again zero F's given.

Final note, Diablo Immortal reviews are currently deactivated on google. You search for "diablo immortal review" and you are redirected to critic reviews. Which the world over knows they are literal shrills who have sold their souls for a $40k/salary to these degenerate gaming companies while simultaneously pretend to be the public gamers best friend. Lies on top of lies and again, reprehensible and disgusting to say the least.
  2. Jun 5, 2022
    This is a P2W model of Diablo 3, Absolut trash! Who is going to spend six hours a day playing a casino mmorpg app? Another out of season April's Fool joke!
  3. Jun 5, 2022
    The level of greed that Blizzard/ Activision has put in this game is beyond the lootbox controversy that EA's Battlefront 2 had. That's why this gets a 0 from me.
  4. Jun 4, 2022
    Nobody should support a game that asks you to pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to play. Shame on you, Blizzard.
  5. Jun 5, 2022
    Loot box filled money waster. You're better off going to 7-11 and buying lottery tickets
  6. Jun 5, 2022
    Horrible. I will never touch this game again, and anyone that cares about any other blizzard games shouldn't either, they are testing the waters on how far they can take these scamming practices and if they are given support then they will do this for all of their games. SHAME on you blizzard.
  7. Jun 5, 2022
    Pay2Win garbage. They went balls deep on this one. If you know your fan base is going to get angry anyways, you might as well layer p2w over p2w and just spread it on thick eh Blizz?
  8. Jun 5, 2022
    WARNING:
    Do not waste your time with this game. Other ones exist that actually respect your time and money.

Diablo Immortal uses many, if not all and more, of the most blatant and egregious monetization practices to extract money from the you. It is an embarrassment that this game left development with the way it is currently monetized.

Avoid at all costs.
  9. Jun 5, 2022
    It is amazing how such a brand was made shallow, boring and totally embarrassing game that has the worst P2W in the history of mobile gaming. It is incomprehensible.
  10. Jun 4, 2022
    Shame on Blizzard! I hope legislators start to crack down on this kind of **** soon.
  11. Jun 5, 2022
    sadly. this is a solid mobile diablo experience absolutely destroyed by micro transactions. it's greedy, and pay 2 win. very disappointing
  12. Jun 5, 2022
    extremely paid to win, purchase bait everywhere, here comes the downfall of once glory blizzard.
  13. Jun 5, 2022
    To be honest, this game should of been called "Bobby Kotick Needs a New Yacht" and not Diablo Immortal. Nothing more than a "Steal your wallet" game. Look forward to spending huge amounts of real money to progress if you want to be good.

All I can say is: Do Not play this game. Do not support Activision/Blizz any further, they have fallen from such grace its no longer a laughing matter.

0/10 because you cant give negative rating.
  14. Jun 5, 2022
    Blizzard invested a very long time, plenty of research, surely in depth consulting with psychological experts and so on to bring us a scheme, purely designed to get your money. The game surrounding this intent is good looking, but has to serve the purpose making you pay. Literally. I am absolutely disgusted by this, especially considering that I loved diablo 1, 2, 3 and blizzard inBlizzard invested a very long time, plenty of research, surely in depth consulting with psychological experts and so on to bring us a scheme, purely designed to get your money. The game surrounding this intent is good looking, but has to serve the purpose making you pay. Literally. I am absolutely disgusted by this, especially considering that I loved diablo 1, 2, 3 and blizzard in general. But those times are long gone. What remains of blizzard is a moneyhungry vampire with no regards for it's fanbase. What they want from us is not our appreciation or praise, but our cash. And diablo immortal shows that as clearly as it possibly gets. Expand
  15. Jun 5, 2022
    Pay to win micro-transaction filled garbage.
    Don’t support this greedy ****
  16. Jun 5, 2022
    What I have learned from this game is that Blizzard will do anything for a fat paycheck. This pay-to-win garbage is absolutely disgusting and this once great company, is now just pathetic.
  17. Jun 5, 2022
    Awful. Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful. Really really awful. This is the greediest garbage I've ever seen. It's sad because there are people doing some good work here but their hard work is being drowned in greedy Activision cash grabs, making it difficult to see any joy whatsoever. This is the death of Diablo.
  18. Jun 5, 2022
    Pay to win garbage game. Im so sad because i wanted it to be good game but those pay to win elements ruin it.
  19. Jun 5, 2022
    I know that pay2win is normal for mobile but they could of atleast tried to make it less apparent giving a pack with 800% next to it is so scumy
  20. Jun 4, 2022
    Blizzard has done everything in their power to make this game as financially predatory as possible.

Do not play this game. Do not let your kids play this game. Don't let your friends play it.

No one should play Diablo Immoral.
  21. Jun 5, 2022
    A monument to every sin in gaming. Critics who praised this need to be dragged into the street to be whipped with boxed editions of the Diablo II battle chest.
  22. Jun 5, 2022
    Shouldn't even exist. Not a real game, but a predatory pay-to-win pile of garbage
  23. Jun 5, 2022
    Disgusting. Shame on you Blizzard. Predatory MTX gambling sim with no payout. Devs are liars and deserve to go bust. Take this crap back and stop making video games. You’re a disgrace to the industry.
  24. Jun 5, 2022
    I've been a Diablo fan for some time, and I was excited for this game, after several hours of playing I came to the conclusion that it's not worth wasting my time, the gameplay is not bad, but p2w practices jeopardize the whole good experience, don't waste your time with this garbage, unfortunately I don't have hope in blizzard anymore.
  25. Jun 5, 2022
    Just P2W, nothing more.
    Pack of assets from Diablo 3 in low quality.
    I hope other team is making Diablo 4.
  26. Jun 5, 2022
    Predatory mess of a game. Make no mistake, this game targets young people including minors. Thankfully, some countries like belgium and the netherlands banned this game due to the gambling aspects.
    we as gamers have to take a massive stand or this will eventually become normal.
    don't let them.
  27. Jun 5, 2022
    It's not a game; it's a big microtransaction store. $110k real money to fully level a single character. Premium currencies you can only buy with other premium currencies. Stay far, far away from this one.
  28. Jun 5, 2022
    You need to pay to get good loots, awful game made to steal your money. Another good game ruined by greedy company.
  29. Jun 4, 2022
    The once legendary studio Blizzard has been reduced to making casino games. Shameful
  30. Jun 4, 2022
    PC Review - Game is super linear and purely an alternate mobile version of D3. it costs approximately over 6 figres to fully gear-up in Diablo Immortal @ approximately 100,000$ or more based on some of the calcuations. You can google it. This game is predatory and disgusting from its game mechanics to the owner Activision who ate Blizzard up and spat them out.
  31. Jun 4, 2022
    It would actualy be a decent game, but it is designed to bully the mind of the weak and milk them for all your moneys worth. Max progression will take a decade or you can just spend 100k dollars on it. Please dont put money in this game.
  32. Jun 4, 2022
    Absolutely awful, money hungry cash grab just as everyone expected.
    They don't want some of your money, they want all of your money. You're nothing but a sentient wallet to them
  33. Jun 5, 2022
    Still can't believe how far these companies are willing to go. The game is so insanely predatory it's getting ridiculous. I really hope that one day politicians will finally catch on what's going on in the gaming industry and ban all kinds of microtransactions outright. Let it all burn for all I care - gaming should return to the humble roots it started anyway.
  34. Jun 5, 2022
    Typical reward claiming + FOMO purchases all around mobile TRASH. Extreme pay to win. There's a gazillion better ways to spend your time and money
  35. Jun 5, 2022
    Phone game has phone game monetization, who wuld've thunk?
    Not surprised in the slightest, but it's still **** so I'm gonna give it a 0
  36. Jun 5, 2022
    Nothing beats the feeling of getting powerful as your credit card goes KA'CHING!
  37. Jun 5, 2022
    Good gameplay, however Very pay to win, can pay to have better drop rates for the end game grind, and buy the materials to craft essential things, via platinum. Blizzard made this shameless cash grab, this is basically pay to win Diablo 3.
  38. Jun 5, 2022
    Laden with predatory microtransaction tactics. Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.
    Even worse, the game has so much potential to actually be good, all of which is cancelled out by disgusting, money grubbing greed.
  39. Jun 4, 2022
    A very well made monetization mechanic that happens to have a 'Diablo' game attached to it.
  40. Jun 5, 2022
    This is by far the biggest excrement that came out of Lizzard's bottom. Repurposed D3 to drain your whole monthly salary. Daddy needs a new yacht boys - better pay up. DESPICABLE
  41. Jun 7, 2022
    I cant belive Blizzard has sunk into such a monster of a company, they treat gamers like trash!
  42. Jun 4, 2022
    This is not a game, it is a Casino. Possibly the worst "Game" ever made. No surprise this game was made by a company who is openly anti human-rights.

On the plus side, the "Critic" reviews here do a great job revealing who was paid to craft fake reviews of a gambling simulator they likely never played.
  43. Jun 4, 2022
    Maybe this is a great game. I don't know, and I never will. Blizzard decided to not release OR adapt the game so it could be released in the Netherlands and Belgium. Yeah I know, the law is stupid on why they can't release it. The thing is, they *can* release it AND monetise it, by removing randomised lootboxes, and keep cosmetics, pay-for-convenience, battlepasses etc. in. All fine. TheyMaybe this is a great game. I don't know, and I never will. Blizzard decided to not release OR adapt the game so it could be released in the Netherlands and Belgium. Yeah I know, the law is stupid on why they can't release it. The thing is, they *can* release it AND monetise it, by removing randomised lootboxes, and keep cosmetics, pay-for-convenience, battlepasses etc. in. All fine. They did it with Overwatch.

So Blizzard had a choice: do we change a small thing so our game can be enjoyed by our fans (who can still buy cosmetics etc.)...OR do we just give them the middlefinger with a complementary "sucks to be you" and just not bother, at all. They had the choice. They chose.

The irony is that in a franchise that deals with devils, sins and corruption, that this is where Blizzard gave in to greed.

They chose money over fans. I know this may sound like entitlement, but they chose "if we have to do a small thing for you to enjoy our game, well **** you". The cynic in me finds it hard to shed the idea that somewhere, at some point, they decided "we can't make as much money of em as we want, so let's just ignore them."
  44. Jun 5, 2022
    I don't understand, does blizzard really believe we play their games because we have phones?

They seemed to forget the very fundamental of why we play games at all. We play games to have a good time, and that good time is only given when you have the intention of creating good times. So, making a video game for the pure sake of reusing assets and make money, is against that

So, making a video game for the pure sake of reusing assets and make money, is against that intention, someone can make a decent game with that philosophy, but no great game would ever be created with that intention.

I know some developers and industry vets are going to disagree with me using their stats and data.
    Feel free to do so, but deepdown you know better, and players will show it to you.
  45. Jun 5, 2022
    Don't you people have phones? How the mighty Blizzard has fallen. It's truly sad to see them release a cash grab that pleases no one but whales.
  46. Jun 4, 2022
    I've played blizzard games since the release of World of Warcraft back in 2004 - I have defended them, like a **** idiot through the years, because I've always had hope they might come back and make everything great again so my memories of the great games they made could be remembered favourably and was hopeful for more great memories in the future but then this pile of **** hit the nailI've played blizzard games since the release of World of Warcraft back in 2004 - I have defended them, like a **** idiot through the years, because I've always had hope they might come back and make everything great again so my memories of the great games they made could be remembered favourably and was hopeful for more great memories in the future but then this pile of **** hit the nail in the coffin, how can a company like Blizzard look at these horrendous microtransactions and think "Huh, yeah, this'll go over really well with our fan-base." it's just really **** bad, and the saddest part? Diablo Immortal isn't a bad game, it's fun for a mobile game, but yet again blizzard manage to **** it up one way or another, if it isn't a bad launch its a good launch with what should be criminal monetisation... I'm done. Expand
  47. Jun 4, 2022
    After the Warcraft 3 Reforged disaster this is the second game in a row that does a great job of showing what blizzard has become.
    Beeing proud of their products is not a thing anymore.
    They dont care to develope good games.
    They dont want their customers to enjoy their games.
    The only goal is reckless exploitation of their fanbase while destroying one franchise after another.
  48. Jun 3, 2022
    Another out of season April's Fool joke, take this Korean trash out of my country
  49. Jun 5, 2022
    I was one of the first to see the potential of this game and defend it against critics 4 years ago.

Guess I was right, this is one of the BGE of the mobile.

Oh and it is also one of the biggest piece of P2W garbage ever released. Cherry on the cake, enemies scale to your combat power and not your level, which is the most stupid game design decision I've ever seen.
  50. Jun 3, 2022
    Complete pay to win crap. Blizzard is merely a husk of it's former self. Thanks Activision.
  51. Jun 5, 2022
    Three words... "pay to win" - and that's a pity because early gameplay isn't so bad.
  52. Jun 5, 2022
    Pay to win garbage. Morally bankrupt Blizzard is in it's death throes, went from "Do you guys not have phones?" to "Do you guys not have 6 credit cards?"
  53. Jun 13, 2022
    Diablo Immortal is a mobile game, and that tells everything you need to know. Predatory lootboxes and pay to win, go play diablo 3 instead it is much beter and has same assets and controls are much beter.
  54. Jun 3, 2022
    Blizzard Activision execs: "Well, we seem to be doing well with the hardcore action RPG gamer demographic. What should be our next marketing strategy? Do we release another highly polished sequel and continue to bathe in the lucrative adoration from our existing fanbase? Hmm..." *snaps fingers* "I've got it! Let's scrap all that and make a phone game! No, wait--a freemium phone game! JustBlizzard Activision execs: "Well, we seem to be doing well with the hardcore action RPG gamer demographic. What should be our next marketing strategy? Do we release another highly polished sequel and continue to bathe in the lucrative adoration from our existing fanbase? Hmm..." *snaps fingers* "I've got it! Let's scrap all that and make a phone game! No, wait--a freemium phone game! Just like Candy Crush!!" *cheers erupt around conference table, high fives ensue* Expand
  55. Jun 4, 2022
    Stop listening to gaming shill sites.
    This is an agressive P2W Diablo 3 light
    The PC version is an insult to Blizzard's legacy.
    8.1 Meta score my @**
  56. Jun 3, 2022
    This is a pure casino game targeted at children and addicts. This is Las Vegas masquerading as a video game. It's a way of circumventing gambling laws to bankrupt the poor. And the worst part of all is how brainwashed and programmed some gamers are into thinking this is acceptable.
  57. Jun 3, 2022
    Enemies are scaled on our power, so there is no reason to play because we never feel our character's progression.
    No reason to play = 0/10 score, it's simple and logic.
  58. Jun 4, 2022
    Dystopian business model. Immoral. Appalling. Disgusting.

There has to be a better way than this.
  59. Jun 5, 2022
    Yikes... Blizzard made a big stinky pay to win pile of garbage. Avoid so they can finally learn their lesson. i watched a direct comparison video showing dungeon loot with and without paying, dozens of legendaries with a $20 payment vs only small amount of epic loot if you play for free.

This is just a greedy mistake of a game and the best word to describe it is "Disgusting".
  60. Jun 5, 2022
    It's sadly a pure lootbox and payment $#!tshow. The game could be good, but to be honest it is just a great capitalistic nightmare. The whole loot and equip progression is built to generate purchases and if you just want to play the game you are nearly locked into not progressing at all. Such mechanics should be forbidden by law like in Belgium and the Netherlands!
  61. Jun 5, 2022
    PAy to win crap ! blizzard just waste Diablo franchise , srsly , if you sux in doing games give this to someone else!!
  62. Jun 3, 2022
    *This review is for PC port. Metacritic hasn't allowed reviews on pc port page as of this review

The UI and controls? Poorly optimized for pc. Even things simple as backing out and clicking thing is a hassle, because you gotta press that button on the corner to do so. I can't tell if they wanted the classic WASD movement or drag the mouse to move, but with both in the game it screwed me over on the positioning.

The map design is definitely on Diablo 3 side, where it's less open field and more tight corridors.You have to follow that designated path.

The gameplay.... sigh, the gameplay.... It's an insult to even call this a Diablo game. It plays like every other generic mobile RPGs on the market.

Also, this game is always online (At least I think it is?), so you are forced to see other players running around, ruining the immersion of "you are the chose one!" theme. The chat is super toxic. Like, I saw racial slurs, death threats, anger, all because someone had a legit complaint for the game

I feel the worst part is there is a solid lore with interesting NPCs to meet, both new and familiar, but the gameplay has made me not wanna go through the trouble.

Really hope this game dies soon.
  63. Jun 4, 2022
    It's a glorified slot machine. You need to spend $40,000-$100,000 USD to create a good final build endgame. Absolutely disgusting a company is allowed to do this and will create a new generation of gamblers and hurt existing problem gamblers who play this pile of garbage.
  64. Jun 4, 2022
    Blizzard did the impossible and made Diablo 3 worse. 5 minutes into the game and I'm done. This is easily the worst PC port of all times. Waste of HDD space. It's so bad it's impressive. It's insane how critic reviews differ from user reviews. Shame on the gaming news outlets for supporting this.
  65. Jun 3, 2022
    The grinding is absolutely insane but expected from a company run by parasites like Bobby Kotick, seriously just charge me $20 and spare me the endless barrage of predatory aspects of this game. Unfortunately this feels like just another piece of software designed to make children steal their parents money, Blizzard can't die quick enough.
  66. Jun 3, 2022
    There is Pay2Win, which sucks, and then there is this DOGSHlT game that takes it to a clown level and exists in league of its own. Blizzard does not give one dehydrated F$&@ about its reputation anymore. It doesn'tcare about its franchises, doesn't care about players. It created this casino to target children and addicts to generate max profit for the least possible cost. It is abhorrentThere is Pay2Win, which sucks, and then there is this DOGSHlT game that takes it to a clown level and exists in league of its own. Blizzard does not give one dehydrated F$&@ about its reputation anymore. It doesn'tcare about its franchises, doesn't care about players. It created this casino to target children and addicts to generate max profit for the least possible cost. It is abhorrent how blatant they are in their cash grab disgused as a game. The game is morally bankrupt in the extreme. On every level it was specifically and methodically designed to attack the user's psyche and exploit the weaknesses of our brains to trick you into spending money. The creators of this gambling app have harnessed years and terabytes of data about how people spend money on gatcha games to ensure profits are sky high and the illusion of enjoyment is created and maintained. This is DISGUSTING beyond parody and it is illegal in several countries that take gambling addiction seriously. This is NOT a game, this is a casino machine with a bad video game costume. Expand
  67. Jun 4, 2022
    I wonder how much those critic reviews were paid to give a review score of 8-10, give me a break.
    The only positive out of this is at least i know which review critics platform not to read from.
  68. Jun 3, 2022
    Predatory P2W clone of Diablo 3. I wish I didn't have a phone now. Will cost thousands of dollars to hit max progression, just gambling without payout.
  69. Jun 5, 2022
    Send a message not playing this crap, not paying for it and forcing the laws of your country to ban lootbox and regulate games that exploit like this!
  70. Jun 5, 2022
    1 for playing like a streamlined Diablo 3. Good job on that. Besides, it's a blatant cash-grab and this is unacceptable.
  71. Jun 5, 2022
    Just forget this game is named Diablo Immortal. It could be called anything and it wouldn't matter. It's a free to play game that's plagued by loot boxes and is designed to hook people so badly they gonna ruin themselves financially. Since governments are not banning such predatory tactics, only you can save yourselves. Avoid such abominations of games, and pay $60 on a quality old-schoolJust forget this game is named Diablo Immortal. It could be called anything and it wouldn't matter. It's a free to play game that's plagued by loot boxes and is designed to hook people so badly they gonna ruin themselves financially. Since governments are not banning such predatory tactics, only you can save yourselves. Avoid such abominations of games, and pay $60 on a quality old-school console or PC game instead. Fakk mobile and free to play gaming. Expand
  72. Jun 3, 2022
    Do you make a StarCraft 2 Legacy promo video in 2017 playing with pay to win on other games and now apply it to your Blizzard games?
    The community complained about lootbox and pay to win and do you apply this to your game?
    Honestly, you guys have mental issues. They are a bunch of imbeciles trying to produce some game. The gaming world is over.
  73. Jun 3, 2022
    $100,000. $100,000. That is how much you can expect to pay if you don't want to spend countless hours grinding to get your character maxed out. $100,000. That is insane. There is no justification for that. None. Don't give me the garbage excuse that devs deserve to be paid for their work. Not a penny of that is going to devs. It is all going to bonuses and vacations for the C-suite as they$100,000. $100,000. That is how much you can expect to pay if you don't want to spend countless hours grinding to get your character maxed out. $100,000. That is insane. There is no justification for that. None. Don't give me the garbage excuse that devs deserve to be paid for their work. Not a penny of that is going to devs. It is all going to bonuses and vacations for the C-suite as they tout their bottom line to investors. If you're willing to put up with this kind of crap, then you're what's wrong with modern gaming.

The Blizzard we all loved growing up is long dead.
  74. Jun 3, 2022
    it is just a Pay2Win perverted Game. Kind of one of the worst of its kind. It is soooo good, that this **** is banned in Belgium an the Netherlands !
  75. Jun 3, 2022
    Unfortunately the Blizzard of old is long gone, where games were made for gamers by gamers this no longer exists. Instead this is a Executives cash cow dressed up as a game.

There is some impressive merit for the sheer size and ambition for the game but its clear that to win at all you need to spend your money, and a lot of it.
  76. Jun 3, 2022
    Horrible controls, half the time you cannot even auto attack. P2W garbage cash cow
  77. Jun 4, 2022
    This Game is crap. After playing it for some hours is disgusting the paywall You have to progress, not even diablo 3 with it's auction house went so far. It would have been acceptable if Blizzard sold the full Game without including the microtransactions. This is really an out of season April's fools joke.
  78. Jun 5, 2022
    Story seems intriguing, gameplay is great, but that paywall **** with rifts and even just gemming your weapons just killed that game off the bat.
  79. Jun 4, 2022
    Blizzard accidentally put Diablo-like gameplay on this gacha slot machine.
    Blizzard accidentally put Diablo-like gameplay on this gacha slot machine.
    I enjoyed the game at the beginning, it felt like the good old Diablo (I have several seasons of end-game D3 under my belt) meeting MMO and it was refreshing. But over time, the progress started halting and it was obvious that this was on purpose to push MTX. When O reached the end of the story, the game wasn't even pretending that the good ol' grind isn't going to cut it and that if one wants to make some amazing builds like in D3 then they should be prepared to cough ip their hard earned cash. What a shame, great rendition of D3 gameplay on mobile phones, first time MMO-Diablo, but killed by Blizzards greed and disregard to their fans. F 'em and F this gacha-wanna-be game
  80. Jun 5, 2022
    This is not a game, it's a Blizzard's attempt to cash out on people loving Diablo. Critics who reviewed this atrocity should all be fired and sued.
  81. Jun 5, 2022
    This game is an insulting joke of a "game." Every single aspect of this game is pay to win. There is no way to avoid it. And the worst part is that the game itself is fun, but there is no reason to ever install or waste your time playing this. This is the most disgusting "product" that blizzard has ever shat out.
  82. Jun 3, 2022
    "This review is for the PC version which is basically the same, except more broken..much..much more broken, so just want to clarify that."

Pro's None Con's Pure evil micro transactions Extremely pay to win Broken content all across the board, consider this game to be alpha state (Especially the PC version) Overpowered bosses Poor controls Needlessly difficult to play

Pro's

None

Con's

Pure evil micro transactions
    Extremely pay to win
    Overpowered bosses
    Poor controls
    Needlessly difficult to play
    Doesn't feel like a diablo game at all

Diablo Immortal is just horrendous predatory garbage that absolutely ruins the good name of the franchise in order to make some quick cash from whales. Everything about this game isn't really true to the style of Diablo at all, if anything its like a mixture of LOL and Lost Ark had a hybrid baby together that wants to charge you money for even looking at it, also once again clearly shows the disparity between critics and user reviews, stick to the user reviews on this one.

Lets literally start with the very large elephant in the room, the massive amounts of MTX - literally they want to charge you for everything, and even has a monthly subscription fee too if you really want to throw money at the game. Now, when MTX is done right and doesn't effect the game such as pure cosmetics then people can argue and debate how this doesn't really affect the game, unfortunately like with most mobile based games, Diablo Immortal does not and is exceptionally pay to win especially so in PVP and basically any competitive modes, sure you 'can' grind and grind and maybe get some legendary gems but the people who pay will always have a far superior advantage over free players and honestly, did anyone expect otherwise?

Graphics, on PC they are utter garbage with huge HDR issues and the brightness dialed up to 9000 with limited options to change resolution or really anything, basically it's near broken so I cannot honestly give a true review without playing it on a significantly powerful phone to compare graphics so for now, I'm just going to say for high end PCs is that the graphics and settings are broken. The same can be said for controls, the PC controls are also pretty broken with controller issues and let me tell you, this game needs a controller - even using mouse/keyboard it wasn't nearly as fluid or easy as the 'real' Diablo games and I'll explain why in the next paragraph.

The game is needlessly difficult, and gets more and more difficult as you progress through the story. Bosses are absolutely horrendously designed, often you are fighting in a small, confined areas akin to Duriel in Diablo 2, except add in poor controls and really easy to misclick, get stuck in scenary will quickly lead to you dying, oh and did I mention each and every boss....every boss has multiple lives? Simply taking a boss down to 0HP isn't enough, no no no - every boss must be killed usually 3+ times, each time you take its health bar down it'll give you a few health orbs and you gotta start the process all over again and considering that many bosses are either broken or OP - it gets annoying and frustrating FAST, add into the mix no life leech abilities and you get just 3 health potions that slowly regenerate over time....general health orbs outside of boss fights are also extremely rare too which feels like the player is needlessly gated constantly and you don't naturally regen HP over time so you must wait for health potions to regenerate or hope for a HP orb to drop.

Boss mechanics are atrocious and broken, honestly it feels like someone tried to copy mechanics from World of Warcraft and apply them here, it just doesn't work. Some bosses are so overpowered that you can literally get stuck dead in your tracks, and some bosses are cheap - skeletal mage for instance, can cast homing energy bolts and a freeze ray attack that shoots through all solid objects and will fire off screen and can cause heavy damage to the player getting caught in it, it's so pathetic and I'd like to say that is just a rare broken boss? It isn't ~ as you play you'll quickly discover that any ranged/caster mobs and bosses in this game are truly broken and overpowered, especially ones that have a near 100% chance to hit you, because the Diablo series in general heavily relies on skills and abilities to regenerate life/mana be it via life/mana leech or regenerating life as you plow through hordes of monsters, this game has none of that....well I could imagine some very high end or legendary gems might.

I'd like to go on and on in detail explaining how truly awful this experience was, this is the game us Diablo fans never wanted and we deserve so much better.
  83. Jun 4, 2022
    If a game is leading you to the store, within the first 10 minutes of the game, stay away.
  84. Jun 3, 2022
    Yeah... this is one of the reasons I'm VERY glad Kotick is getting the boot. This has his grubby fingerprints all over it. I'll wait for Diablo 4 thank YOU. At least Phil Spencer gets how to make a decent goddamn video game.
  85. Jun 4, 2022
    Predatory trash, trying to hook literal children onto gambling. In a healthy, functioning society AB would be shut down and senior management locked up for child exploitation. Only marginally better than child sex offenders. Stop buying games. Go outside.
  86. Jun 5, 2022
    You need $100,000+ to max out 1 character. I am NOT exaggerating - look it up. Someone actually calculated that you need this much to max out one character. And there are seasons, so you will need to spend this again in another season. They will also create new gems in the future, which will power creep over existing gems, and you'll need thousands to level those up also. Characters areYou need $100,000+ to max out 1 character. I am NOT exaggerating - look it up. Someone actually calculated that you need this much to max out one character. And there are seasons, so you will need to spend this again in another season. They will also create new gems in the future, which will power creep over existing gems, and you'll need thousands to level those up also. Characters are also server locked. This is the most egregious monetization scheme every created in a video game. You can either spend $20 on a single rift to get good loot, or you can ftp a rift and get trash loot. There are 5 tiers of gems and ftp can only acquire up to 2/5 stars of gems. These games should be absolutely regulated out of existence. Expand
  87. Jun 5, 2022
    Well done Blizzard. You've shot yourself in the foot by putting garbage microtransactions in this game. Shame on you you greedy bastards.
  88. Jun 5, 2022
    Feels liike a copy/paste of D3 but with fight mechanics reworked for touch screens. Story supposed to take place between D2 and D3, yet we see a copy/paste of D3 class design which was a HUGE mistake. they shouldve had some new choices.

I cant believe they wasted their time on this crap. The first impression at blizzcon when they first announced it, it deserved such a reaction because people knew that blizzard would prey on people with a disgusting microtransaction monetization.
  89. Jun 5, 2022
    **** this company for making the most MTX filled garbage game they possibly could. I hope Bobby Kotick gets syphilis.
  90. Jun 3, 2022
    Another pathetic Blizzard attempt to milk what's left of their fanbase. Ruin Warcraft, ruin Diablo, ruin Overwatch and in a few years from now they will manage to ruin Starcraft too somehow. Good luck with this Microsoft, maybe you can save what's left of it.
  91. Jun 5, 2022
    Pay to win pile of trash. Do not believe critic's rating - this is **** unfair game. You'd better play PoE or torchlight, believe me. Avoid this **** at all cost.
  92. Jun 5, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Blizzard should be ashamed for releasing this. Don’t play it. Don’t spend money on it. Write your politician about predatory gambling practices impacting your community. Expand
  93. Jun 5, 2022
    Scummy loot box microtransaction nonsense. When will they stop? It's sickening.
  94. Jun 5, 2022
    One of the first truly decent mobile games and it’s completely ruined by the most pervasive, cynical and greedy monetisation models I’ve ever heard of - let alone experienced

Hey! Mr “DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?!” This. THIS is why no one in the audience was enthusiastic about a mobile game.
  95. Jun 4, 2022
    pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 winpay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + pay 2 win dogwater + Expand
  96. Jun 9, 2022
    Tier List: AmericanExpress
    Tier List: MASTERCARD
    Tier List: VISA
    Tier List: Discover
  97. Jun 4, 2022
    Is the game playable? Yes. Is it well made? No. The only reason I'm even willing to give this a 3 instead of something lower is that the game, as simple and poorly made as it is, can be played. If you're brand new to Diablo, you'll probably like it a little more, but as it stands this is such an awful experience as a Diablo fan.
  98. Jun 4, 2022
    I don't follow any of the controversies, I feel like I should state that off the bat.

The reason my score is what it is is because the game is simply just bad. It is extremely monitized and the all in all just a massive waste of time
  99. Jun 3, 2022
    I am not used to playing mobile games, but as PC player I consider this absolute peak of p2w. Look at Lost Ark, multiply it 300 times and you get this. Its even more insulting because game is actualy fun and looks great. It could be the benchamrk for mobile games - instead its benchmark for predatory monetisation.
  100. Jun 4, 2022
    By this time, I'm sure I don't need to mention anything about the atrocious monetization strategy that Immortal employs. With that out of the way, I feel Immortal is basically just Diablo II and Diablo III grinded up and then mixed together in a dumpster and this is the outcome, especially when you consider that a significant amount of the content is basically just a rehash of charactersBy this time, I'm sure I don't need to mention anything about the atrocious monetization strategy that Immortal employs. With that out of the way, I feel Immortal is basically just Diablo II and Diablo III grinded up and then mixed together in a dumpster and this is the outcome, especially when you consider that a significant amount of the content is basically just a rehash of characters and quests we already completed/ defeated in the previous titles. Anyway I do not want to rant for hours of end, so I'll just end by saying this is a disappointing release for the franchise, and while I won't say it is not worth playing (it is free after all), I truly hope that no one spends any money on this. If Immortal succeeds monetarily, we can expect future Blizzard titles to follow suite. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 24, 2022
    Although it really feels like a full-blown Diablo game and have a better story and atmosphere than Diablo 3, it could have been a much better game if it wasn't a victim of greed (micro-transactions)... Why Blizzard, why?
  2. Jun 20, 2022
    I had such excitement for Diablo: Immortal through development, and the game itself is a solid experience and well worth the time. I'm not sure how well it will hold up over the long term as an MMO, but it's a good effort, and if I could just score that alone, it would be a 9. However, the monetization is very player unfriendly currently. Rather than getting out of the way and letting players enjoy the game and then spend money because they want to support a game they love, we are consistently being leveraged into feeling like we have to spend an indeterminate amount of money just to have a chance. Heck, you might have to shell out money just to make a clan to play with your friends. This isn't the worst monetization I have seen, but it's still a far cry from good.
  3. Jun 17, 2022
    Late-game loot progression, legendary gems, and Elder Rift runs all matter if you're planning to play Diablo Immortal for a long time and invest in its incoming seasons and paragon progression. And you might be tempted to stick around, given how enjoyable the core campaign is. It's a classic Diablo experience, letting you gleefully watch all your stats increase as hordes of monsters melt in front of you. The power trip it enables sits up there with some of the best the series has to offer, which makes the sudden halt in pace jarring and off-putting. But it's still one that you can enjoy without needing to dive into the mess of menus and lists asking you to tap a button to claim a myriad of rewards day in and day out, given you're comfortable with not being able to power through it all in just a handful of sittings.