7.3

1. Sep 11, 2019
    A fun and addicting game, but it's a gacha game so of course, that part of the game is bad. Also, female characters get way more fanservice than males.
  2. Feb 7, 2017
    It truly means something when this is what people will defend as a good mobile game. There are people out there saying that you shouldn't compare this at all with the handheld Fire Emblem games- but why shouldn't we? I have a 3DS with both of the newer iterations of the series, so why should I bother to play this? It's simpler in every respect. There are some benefits to this game- there'sIt truly means something when this is what people will defend as a good mobile game. There are people out there saying that you shouldn't compare this at all with the handheld Fire Emblem games- but why shouldn't we? I have a 3DS with both of the newer iterations of the series, so why should I bother to play this? It's simpler in every respect. There are some benefits to this game- there's the ease and speed of battles as well as the thrill of randomly receiving a powerful hero. At higher levels (from what I can tell) you have the option to choose your character's abilities and go in to battle. I've enjoyed the times when I've actually hand-picked a team to directly counter my enemy's army. But that's it- everything else about the game feels too dumbed-down to actually be more than passably enjoyable. Is the game terrible? No, but it's not worth me putting down a dedicated handheld console to pick up a free-to-play app on my phone. Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    It's serviceable I guess. The idea of people giving it a 10 is laughable. Gacha mobile game with a very dumb downed version of normal Fire Emblem games. Takes a few hours to get through the story, tons of grinding, non-existent story, and there you go.
  4. May 26, 2017
    The game itself is fun and great! The in game purchase system and all the currencies are horrible and ruin the game! If you want to have some useful heroes later on you have to seriously grind the game, or spend money! And it is far from cheap!
  5. Jan 2, 2018
    Of course, this isn't a full-fledged 3DS game, but it is one of the best free-to-play games and adaptations of real games. I haven't spent a dollar on it, yet I have a stable of 30+ level 40 5-stars and no shortage of things to do.
  6. Aug 22, 2019
    Thinking about having a Fire Emblem game on my phone sounded like an awesome idea, but the game lacks too much of an identity and the plots are usually boring and repetitive. Not the Fire Emblem experience I was hoping for. Still, excellent gacha game to get your favorite FE characters and make a team with crossovers, also maintaining a fast gameplay.
  7. Jan 5, 2021
    It can be fun to get new hero's from all of different fire emblem games, but it can be kind of repetitive after a while. I recommend giving this game a try if you're interested because it's free.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. games(TM)
    May 26, 2017
    Solid beginner game, but perhaps too casual. [Issue#105, p.85]
  2. Apr 6, 2017
    If you’re a Fire Emblem fan, seeing those familiar faces intermingle across different eras and stories is kinda cool from a gameplay perspective. If you’ve never played Fire Emblem before, this might be the one of the kindest introductions into the series.
  3. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2017
    Fire Emblem Heroes reminded me that the Japanese do not consider smartphones and tablets worthy of real games and treat them as a way to encourage you to buy full-fledged releases for 3DS or Switch. [04/2017, p.75]