8.7

1. Aug 3, 2019
    I had a great evening playing "a short hike". Just a few hours where I enjoyed the dialogs, the music, the pixel graphics... It was a calm, fun and relaxing experience, like a short hike :)
  2. Jan 4, 2020
    I was hesitant for a long time but am glad that I finally tried it. It's actually not as short as the title or some people may claim - in my opinion. At least not if you're a completionist. And with this game, you really should be because more feathers than necessary and special items that you will probably get after doing the "primary objective" make the way the game feels shift quite aI was hesitant for a long time but am glad that I finally tried it. It's actually not as short as the title or some people may claim - in my opinion. At least not if you're a completionist. And with this game, you really should be because more feathers than necessary and special items that you will probably get after doing the "primary objective" make the way the game feels shift quite a bit.
    You do have to enjoy games that are mostly about exploration though. There are some optional races, a mini game and some puzzles that actually require some skill but otherwise, it's exploration, straightforward quests and steady progression.
    Sure, it's still "just" a few hours of fun but hey - it's a cheap indie game. Just enjoy. :)
  3. Dec 25, 2019
    This game takes the best of Mario Odyssey and Zelda: BOTW and puts it in an Animal Crossing-like world. A very cute, visually pleasing, well-written experience that makes you feel loved; a very great game.
  4. Aug 26, 2019
    Was a fun little game, can be completed in about 2 hours but your more likely to explore the island so expect about 4-5 hours, good music, a relaxing atmosphere and funny cute dialogue made this game pretty fun for what it is

1. Dec 6, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Sep 18, 2019
    A Short Hike is a small jewel that has already conquered the hearts of dozens of players who, like Claire and Adam Robinson-Yu himself, felt the need to detach themselves from the daily routine of their their life, with a little break without commitments or deadlines.
  3. Edge Magazine