7.1

1. May 31, 2014
    This is a beautiful idea for a game - myst (adventure) meets dreamfall (RPG) meets Journey (nonviolent exploration) meets an FPS without weapons. I loved it and highly encourage trying it. This is a novel, gorgeous play experience that is as simple as it is captivating. It is somewhat short, but I prefer quality to quantity. In the future, moar like this please! Let the creation ofThis is a beautiful idea for a game - myst (adventure) meets dreamfall (RPG) meets Journey (nonviolent exploration) meets an FPS without weapons. I loved it and highly encourage trying it. This is a novel, gorgeous play experience that is as simple as it is captivating. It is somewhat short, but I prefer quality to quantity. In the future, moar like this please! Let the creation of this new genre develop further! Expand
  2. Dec 10, 2017
    A game about jumping, with nice graphics and story.

Pros: - a cute story - a nice looking world to explore - nice music So-so: - as you get further into the game, the jumping puzzles become more and more annoying, up to a point where the game requires you to make 3 very precise jumps and land on a tiny floating rock somewhere way out of sight from your initial position. Some
    A game about jumping, with nice graphics and story.

Pros:
    - a cute story
    - a nice looking world to explore
    - nice music

So-so:
    - as you get further into the game, the jumping puzzles become more and more annoying, up to a point where the game requires you to make 3 very precise jumps and land on a tiny floating rock somewhere way out of sight from your initial position. Some players may like this but to me these dexterity/timing puzzles are just a waste of time.

Cons:
    - the only thing you can do in this game is run around, jump at huge distances and hang on objects using a rope. It's a platformer, yes, but any serious gamers would want something more

Despite its excellent artwork, music and writing, the game has limited value due to its pretty bland and repetitive mechanics of jumps and hooks. So, at best it's good for 1 evening, until the puzzles get too frustrating to progress further. Unless you into this sort of stuff.
  3. Jun 22, 2020
    beautiful game. not extraordinary, but worth playing. kinda forgettable, at least for me.
  4. Nov 23, 2014
    I'll start with the fact that "A story about my uncle" is beautiful, it's a big and wonderful world and you want to explore it. The details in this world makes it even better. One of these details are the notes that you find laying around. They explain some miner things about the towns and about Fred and i think this gives the world so much more depth.
    While we're on the subject of
    While we're on the subject of details, why would you make a alphabet that's fake? I'd love to learn it and read the different things that are spread out threw the world. I mean they even have a book in the game that says witch letter is witch, but every time i tried to use it the sentences didn't make sense. Another thing that bugs me are the frog creatures, there modelling is so bad in comparison to the rest of the game i wish they could use more time on them. They have big eyes that stares in to your soul and it ruins a lot for me. Because of this the towns feel un-lively and deserted. And i can't forget about the hair on some of these characters, it looks awful, it's if you just put a mop on there head and said "done".
    Enough about the astethics , what's the story? Well the story is pretty simpel, you're the nephew of an adventurer called Fred who hasn't been seen for a while. So you go to his house, only to find out he's not there. You also find a suit and because you're a brat who doesn't respect others property you put it on. Then you continue to his lab and end up on a platform that sends you to a new world. Your mission is now to find Fred your uncle. I like the story, it's simpel with somewhat of a twist at the end that i won't spoil, even tho i'm not sure it's even a spoiler. I do have a problem and it's not as much as a problem with the story as the voices and the dialog. The dialog is so akward at some times. It feels so false and forced. The only voice i enjoyed was Freds voice. It fitted him pefectly and so did his dialog.
    The gameplay is pretty straight forward, but so much fun. The main mechanic in this game is that you got a suit that can shoot a beam at almost any surface and you get sucked to that surface, but once you used that one beam you got none left until you land on solid ground. You can upgrade it to have 3 beams. It's a really fun mechanic that doesn't get old. Now this isn't the only thing to keep you occupied, we also get a jetpack upgrade later in the game that lets you fly for about 20 seconds in one direction. When you use the jetpack you get the greatest feel ever. It's kinda hard to explain, but you feel like the most awesome kid in the street.
    All in all this game is great and it'll probably last about 3 hours for players that's good at first person platformers and 5 hours for newer people to the genra. It also has a time traile mod that gives it a little replay-value.
  5. Mar 5, 2020
    Overall, I don't recommend it because it's very short, it's get very boring early. I wasn't so interested in the final scene - which is by the way, not so satisfying - to get to the end of the game. The atmosphere provided by the story was good.
  6. Feb 12, 2020
    Nice indie game with nice story but is pretty short and the gameplay is too simple.
  7. Jun 15, 2014
    An amazing idea for a game! Although more serious then Goat simulator, the magic is still there, and I absolutely love it! Great graphics, story, and gameplay! 10/10
  8. Aug 4, 2012
    Great Graphics, Good Storyline, and Amazing Idea!
    I was actually surprised about the price,
    when most games like this is about, I don't know, 29 Euro or something.
    Great game, too bad my computer has problems with the lag.
    Well, what can I say, I have a rather old computer.
  9. Aug 6, 2014
    A great game which combines a lovely story with good gameplay. Can get a bit frustrating sometimes, but the satisfaction you get when you complete a puzzle compensates it.
    An unique experience that is worth all the money.
  10. Dec 31, 2016
    A Story About My Uncle is a fairly straightforward first person platformer. The premise of the story is that you have wandered into your absent uncle’s house and find a teleporter that takes you to another world. Using the suit he left for you, you must find your uncle and make your way back home.

The central mechanics are quite simple; there’s no combat in this game, with the game being wholly devoted to platforming through 3D environments. Your abilities include a normal jump, a super jump, an energy grapple you shoot from your hand that can connect to most (but not all!) surfaces and pull you towards them while allowing you to swing after a fashion, and later on, a pair of rocket boosts which give you an abrupt, very large bit of acceleration in a certain direction (yes, as if with a rocket) when you try to double jump in midair.

These controls are quite simple, and the game fundamentally consists of using them to traverse environments. You start out only getting one grapple per jump through the air, but soon you end up with the ability to grapple up to three times before landing – and in the final area, refresh them mid-jump by draining glowing crystals on the walls.

Sadly, the lack of much variety in mechanics means that, in the end, a lot of puzzles ultimately feel fairly samey – there’s only so much you can do with a limited control set, and it feels like you’ve done it all by the end of the game, and probably more than that. A number of areas feel kind of samey, which isn’t helped by the graphics – while each area of the game has its own unique look, each individual level looks pretty similar internally.

This is kind of annoying later on in the game, when it becomes increasingly more difficult at times to see what exactly you’re supposed to be grappling onto – there’s a few points in the game where you have to do a bit of searching to figure out where you’re trying to go next, and it can be less than obvious. Combined with the game’s general aesthetic of “rocks floating in midair/stuck in the sides of a cave over bottomless pits”, the environment can start getting a bit confusing and very same-looking over time.

Really, that’s all there is to the game; there’s three or four characters, with decent but slightly off voiceovers that contain the odd grammatical error betraying the writer as a non-native English speaker (or just some poor proofreading), but in the end, I didn’t feel a strong connection to any of the characters. Without this, there’s just the platforming – and that wears thin after a while.

Overall, while the game has an okay aesthetic on the most basic of levels, in the end it ends up feeling too samey and there just isn’t anything else there to give it much oomph. It just is what it is, and what it is isn’t anything special. At the end, I was left walking away without feeling like I’d gained anything from the experience, or experienced anything really memorable. It just isn’t worth your time or money.
  11. May 31, 2014
    v : Conclusion below : v

Options: The sound options are there. Individual sliders for Master-, Sound-, Music- and Voice volumes. Graphics are where it's lacking but fills its needs. Bloom and motion blur can be disabled and the FoV slider goes to 120. You won't need more FoV because the gameplay doesn't require it. Story: The game is a bedtime story told by a girls father about
    v : Conclusion below : v

Options:

Story:
    The game is a bedtime story told by a girls father about his journeys searching for his uncle. The narration feels a bit like Bastion but with what seems to be an inexperienced voice actor as some lines are poorly executed.
    Overall the storytelling feels like something I haven't seen too much of before and felt a bit fresh.

Gameplay:
    You run and jump from platforms and swing through levels with a magic grappling hook like Samus to reach the end. The game has you on a fixed path and only a couple of collectables can get you off that path for a brief moment. I don't think I've seen a more linear game.
    In certain places you can explore and look at the text and pictures on books and notes but nothing that will support the story.

Overall:
    It feels pretentious. It really does.
    The story is like the ham on a peperoni pizza. It's not supposed to be there at all. There is a language within the game with different symbols each representing a letter in our alphabet. I decided to decipher what texts I might encounter but it all makes so little sense.

Early on at the only cross roads in the entire game you can see some of this text hidden to the side but it makes no sense and I suppose it's supposed to be an inside joke on the devs part.
    Also, the devs don't think it's important either which is shown a moment later when another text appears and the companion reads that one out loud as well even though you could easily translate it with the letters you already had.
    It's not like it's important either as it only gives you a hint to the next room that you could have figured out by dying once.

The voice acting overall is pretty bad and the animations are stiff and inhuman.

Conclusion:
    11-12€ is too much for a game this short. It has close to no replay value if you don't intend to speed run it. I think steam sales and humble bundles has tainted me. I barely buy games at full price because you can often wait a could of months and it will be half off.
    I'd suggest trying other games that does this games job better.

For going fast and pretty visuals, Sonic Generations is a better game.
    For pretty visuals and pretentious story, Dear Esther is a better visual novel.
    For narrated story telling, Bastion is godlike.
    For swinging around, the Amazing Spiderman 2 should deliver a better experience (haven't played it).

The game simply doesn't deliver on any aspect to have me give it more than a 6.
  12. Feb 11, 2016
    Мир и история конечно хорошие. Приятно вспомнить. Но сложными прыжками всё испортили. Иногда по 20 раз приходилось некоторые места проходить. Игра получилась про прыжки, а не про историю. Одни маты у меня были :-)
    А история и правда хорошая.
    А история и правда хорошая.
  13. Jun 8, 2014
    This game title isn't particularly attracting, and since the publisher (Coffee Stain Studios) are responsible for the worst abomination of modern gaming (Goat Simulator) I wasn't expecting much from this game.

After launching the game, I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice visuals, smooth gameplay, nice controls and nice platforming, and most importantly not apparent bug at all. The small events and encounters happening in the game, and the story, while simple, prevent it from getting too boring. Still, the game is much too short, and the gameplay never get more complex than using the grappling hook to advance to the next platform.
  14. Apr 14, 2015
    Best bedtime story ever i heard!!!!!! Can you imagine that you play as a kid in extreme environment armored by super suit with a lot abilities? This is awesome. You will play as coolest kid in the world!
  15. Feb 16, 2019
    This is a very good game with a creative movement mechanics. I think it has a short but instense story.If you like the games in those who explore the world, this is your game.
  16. May 15, 2018
    A good adventure platformer game built around a solid grapple mechanic. It has a well narrated "bed time" story format that keeps it engaging enough for people like me who normally don't play pure platforming games.
    The game is fairly short - about 5 hours - but the length felt about right considering its an indie game at a modest price.
    Graphics are mostly very good. The first level
    Graphics are mostly very good. The first level does look a bit dated, but some of the later ones look really good and have an amazing sense of scale to them (if only Skyrim's pathetic "black reach" cave looked as impressive as the ice cave in this game).
    The difficulty balance is good for most gamers, but some of the later parts are quite challenging. There is a timed segment that will prove very difficult for anyone who tends to have trouble with platforming games. Be warned.
    There is only a checkpoint autosave system, but for the most part the checkpoints are not too far apart.
    This game has a very polished feel - it ran smooth and I experienced no technical issues at all.

Overall, given the solid mechanics and decent story, I would recommend this game to anyone, as long as they are ok with a lot of platforming. It is also suitable for children age 7+ in my opinion.
  17. Mar 7, 2017
    This game features an extremely beautiful world! This was one of the fewest games in which I paused to applaud the beauty of the surroundings. The village felt so alive - not with the crowd but with its citizens living out their lives. You could see the villagers and get a "feel" of what they're feeling like right now. One guy has climbed the second floor of his shelf-like open hut and isThis game features an extremely beautiful world! This was one of the fewest games in which I paused to applaud the beauty of the surroundings. The village felt so alive - not with the crowd but with its citizens living out their lives. You could see the villagers and get a "feel" of what they're feeling like right now. One guy has climbed the second floor of his shelf-like open hut and is sleeping while an open book lies in front of him. Another is staring at the sky, 2 people are talking to each other. The grandma is searching for something. Really lovely world and combine all this with the game's lighting and it's an enchanting experience.

The puzzles are also fantastic. It's incredible to go about hopping from place to place using your limited powers and see more and more of this beautiful world. The puzzles are very satisfying and it's not a pain to repeat them once or twice but generally they're quite easy.

However, the only cons that this game has is the last 25% (Monastry - falling block level onwards). This level is ridiculously tough and it breaks the whole experience of the game. There were lots of people complaining about this level in the Steam forums a long time back (1.5-2 years back, don't exactly remember) but the game developer responded back saying he'll fix this level. However, this level and all subsequent levels from this point onwards remain with a very high level of difficulty. In fact, if you watch the Youtube walkthroughs after the jumping puzzle onwards you'll find that they too are dying over and over and over again. I'm not sure but the Dev just ditched the difficulty spikes in the last 30% of the game. I also tried using a cheat code but that too wasn't sufficient to cover it up. So -4 points for the horrible difficulty in the last 30%.

But +2 points for the beautiful, memorable, heartwarming ending. I kept thinking about the end long time after I had finished the game. This remains "a beautiful experience" in my memory even though I finished this game about 2 weeks earlier.
  18. Jan 17, 2015
    Great indie game, short and sweet. Manipulation of the three dimensional environment, nice story and very atmospheric/well done graphics makes this a unique and very enjoyable experience. Figuring out the game's puzzles is very satisfying. Definitely worth it if you are looking for a change of pace from your regular games.
  19. Dec 21, 2015
    Tier 2
    + Brilliant mechanics that execute pretty dang well and feel very exhilarating
    + Ridiculously beautiful environments for the size of the team and the engine used; it's possible to see where they saved on art assets, but for the most part the game feels as visually impressive as some AAA games ? Mechanics play well, but there's a lot of rough patches caused by the freeform
    Tier 2
    + Brilliant mechanics that execute pretty dang well and feel very exhilarating
    ? Mechanics play well, but there's a lot of rough patches caused by the freeform gameplay, a lot of failures will be due to unavoidable situations
    ? The collectibles felt very well placed sometimes, and insanely placed other times -- ended up using a guide to avoid missing any of the more absurdly placed ones
    - Environments aside, the characters look pretty terrible; honestly, I would've preferred there not be any characters or much fewer than were shown
  20. Jan 28, 2019
    A Story About My Uncle attempts to blend a platforming game with trace elements of a walking simulator. It does an ok job at both, but excels at none. While the platforming aspect is fun at times, it does get a bit tiring after awhile. It's a mediocre game.
  21. Jan 26, 2020
    A Story About My Uncle is a bitter sweet adventure tale with interesting core gameplay, even if it may get stale in the latter half of the playthrough.
  22. Mar 2, 2018
    Feels low budget and unpolished, shown through its outdated visuals, poor voice acting and finicky controls. An abundance of invisible walls, texture clipping and other various glitches only exacerbate this further.

The parkour gameplay starts off interesting at first, but feels samey towards the end as the game runs out of ways to vary the formula and pace. The plot is serviceable but very simplistic and bare-bones; it needs to flesh out its characters and fantasy world more, and also offer more diverse environments besides various floating rocks.
  23. Apr 27, 2015
    I was very surprised by that game! The only negative in my opinion is the title itself: "A Story About My Uncle"... I read it sometimes and always thought this is a game about alcoholic problems etc., but it is not! It´s a fantastic journey into dreams!
    I really like this game because it´s like a game should be: FUN! And excitement! And NO killing and other negative things nowadays are common for "games". This is really a GOOD game to play:
    - the graphic is fantastic, I think it uses Unreal Engine 4? It really looks awesome!
    - the sound effects are atmospheric, the voice acting is great,
    - although the game is sometimes hard, due tue endless "lifes", it´s quite a challenge and makes fun!
    - I would say it´s a mix of Beyond Good & Evil and Mirrors Edge.

This is an Indie game which really rocks! I give it 10/10, because it´s great and even can compete with AAA-titles!
  24. May 14, 2017
    I'm only giving this masterpiece 9/10 cause it was too short (I completed it at 3h) but in overall it was a fantastic experience. The gameplay is really unique and innovative and swinging over huge distances is really satisfying. A must buy for everyone!
  25. Oct 25, 2015
    The game is totally amazing. With so much awesome games released is extremely hard to make an original title these day, but they made it! Graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, challenging and unique and the story and storytelling are really good. The game is made with passion and enthusiasm and so the result is a masterpiece! This game is definitely a must, and I can't wait for someThe game is totally amazing. With so much awesome games released is extremely hard to make an original title these day, but they made it! Graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, challenging and unique and the story and storytelling are really good. The game is made with passion and enthusiasm and so the result is a masterpiece! This game is definitely a must, and I can't wait for some kind of sequel. Expand
  26. Nov 4, 2015
    A Story About My Uncle is a short yet very enjoyable adventure game with goose-bumping graphics and eye-popping game play elements. While I had issues with inconsistent maximum distances of the grapple and sometimes infrequent checkpoints (causing me to repeat some areas so much I almost punched my PC), A Story About My Uncle still deserves a lot of recognition.

I also found a deeper

I also found a deeper meaning of the ending on the internet. If that's true, they should've presented it somewhere at the end of the game! Damn! I would've loved to see the true meaning of the story, if there is such.
  27. Jan 10, 2019
    I both loved and hated this game.

Loved it because it looks wonderful (especially for a budget title!), the story is captivating, the narration is cute, and the feeling of jumping and grappling around is exhilarating. When it works, it's really great! Hated it because it can be really frustrating with the grappling - especially in the latter third. Maybe I'm too lousy with a mouse -
    I both loved and hated this game.

Maybe I'm too lousy with a mouse - but I've been a gamer for over twenty years, so I don't think I suck that much. The problem is that you have to hit precise spots in sequence to move forward, and you have no room for errors: a tiny mistake and you have to restart the section (autosave points can be frustratingly distant sometimes). The second or third time is still ok (the environments are amazing), the tenth could become maddening.

In the end, I had to resort to cheats to finish the game; I just couldn't progress without it. I think this is unforgivable for any game.
    The player should at least have an option for having unlimited grapples (maybe linked to a number of collectables). Instead of helping the player enjoy their game, the developer decided to not offer this option, hence "punishing" the player who's not skilled enough. Clever thinking!

Without this problem with the grappling, my vote would have been an 8 or even 9. Considering the frustration I would give a 6, but since it's a new small developer, in the end my vote is 7.
    A note to the developer: next time, keep in mind players primarily want to have fun.
  28. Mar 5, 2016
    A great game and also really fun. I like how it is hard it is in the beginning which makes a challenging game. Plus the grapple hook mechanic is really fun.
  29. Jul 10, 2016
    Jugabilidad super original, muy bien ambientado, buenos gráficos, buena historia. Su mas gran problema es que es extremadamente corto, y con el potencial que parecía tener podrían haberlo alargado mas, pero igual es un muy buen juego para probarlo, la experiencia es única.
  30. Jun 20, 2017
    Even though it's a charming game with some fun and at times relaxing gameplay, A Story About My Uncle leaves a lot to be desired. The controls are a bit clunky and the voice acting is rather bad, though charming. There are times where I felt completely immersed, marveling at the pretty settings and layouts and times when I was just annoyed at the mechanics and the repetitive nature of itsEven though it's a charming game with some fun and at times relaxing gameplay, A Story About My Uncle leaves a lot to be desired. The controls are a bit clunky and the voice acting is rather bad, though charming. There are times where I felt completely immersed, marveling at the pretty settings and layouts and times when I was just annoyed at the mechanics and the repetitive nature of its gameplay. After a while it just became quite one-note and a little boring. It's a cute little game, that is fun to a certain extent with an initially enjoyable gameplay mechanic that unfortunately gets old rather fast, but I would still recommend it, even though I found it a bit underwhelming and a bit frustrating at times, it's still a unique and charming indie game. Expand
  31. Nov 7, 2019
    A decent game that has no major flaws but fails to be worth talking about for any reason. The game looks nice, is relaxing to play, and has a story that exists but that's about it.
  32. Feb 27, 2019
    This is a great short game, well designed in every aspect. The gameplay it a lot of fun and the story is enjoyable.
  33. Oct 5, 2017
    The gameplay itself is not spectacular by any means (basically an FPS with no weapons and the main mechanic is jumping around), but it certainly feels really nice and doesn't distract too much from the real highlight of the game, which is its story.
  34. Mar 3, 2020
    Entertaining game that revolves around the concept of jumping and using a rope launched from your gauntlet to get to other places to jump from.
  35. Dec 30, 2017
    The game is cool, but it has some bugs, the characters are also not the best and the graphics are not. but the gameplay is great, it's pure adventure and the suspense is great.
  36. Aug 6, 2018
    A Story About My Uncle has enjoyable mechanics and stunning levels, but very simple and uninteresting story and barely any music.
    Grappling hook is a lot of fun despite the fact that the game discourages player from using it too much implicitly by achievements and explicitly making most of the surfaces unavailable for grapple in the last level.
  37. Jun 9, 2020
    Люблю паркур игры, но, к сожалению, не так много их повидал. Эта была довольно неплохой и заслужила 7/10 от меня.
  38. May 31, 2019
    This game story is meh ı thınk thıs game lıke a movıe so my ratın ıs 7.30 or 7
  39. Jun 25, 2019
    Pretty cool plotline with pretty cool gameplay. Short as hell, it's decent.
  40. Jan 2, 2020
    The best platformer. Story is good. If you love storyline games you should play this game!
  41. Apr 28, 2020
    Overall a good indie game. The most interesting part in A Story About My Uncle is this sensation of freedom when you fly from one floating island to another: the maps are huge, and given the different features available (grapplin, jet-boots, power jumps), there are a lot of possibilites of going around the levels without always strictly following the indicated path.

Although I liked the

Although I liked the game, I must point out several problems that made the experience a little less enjoyable:
    - there is no consistency in the interaction with off-track elements. Some of them jumped on and even hide collectables; some others, although seemingly at similar distances, are full of clipping problems when will make you slide down them when you try to land on them.
    - some bugs can get you stuck in walls or cliffs which you cannot leave anymore. Then you have no other choice but to restart from the latest checkpoint.
    - The scenario and storytelling are quite useless, and the end of the game feels unsatisfying.
    - Last, the game is short (3 hours long, probably less if you rush) and the play time is only artificially inflated by the presence of achievements, each of which will demand a certain investment of time, as they are not so straightforward.

Good but not awesome.
  42. Jun 1, 2020
    Somewhat good game with somewhat fun exploration and somewhat interesting story. Worth picking up for fans of indie titles
  43. Jul 8, 2020
    This game has an interesting and unique gameplay. But that's the only good thing about him (level design is ok too). It is a good game to play while doing or listening something. Or just to really relax.
  44. Aug 2, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
  45. Mar 16, 2021
    A game that tells you the story while walking around. I think the gameplay is pretty fun. Although the story is a bit complicated, it's nice to listen to in general.
  46. Sep 22, 2020
    This is just a normal.its start pretty good but get boring in the end.there were a lot of holes in the story a lot of things that didnt get explained.graphic is good for an indie game .game play is a bit simple and get realy boring sometimes but sometimes it gets very good .
  47. Dec 11, 2020
    amazing............unexplainable, experienced
    It was the first time that such a game had drawn me in and it was an incident that surprised me.
    the game is simple and beautiful
  48. Jan 1, 2021
    Great concept, but they didn't do enough with it.

The Good: - The feeling of flying through the air and dropping a long distance feel realistic. The sound of the wind, the movement of the character's arms, and the speed lines in the corner of the screen help the effect. - The background music is serene, making the whole experience very relaxing - The jumping, grappling, and
    Great concept, but they didn't do enough with it.

The Good:

- The background music is serene, making the whole experience very relaxing

- The jumping, grappling, and boosting all feel very fluent. Most of the movement felt well within my control. Whenever I died, it didn't feel unfair, most of the time.

- The environment was very beautiful, both inside the caves and out in the skies.

- The game has a low price tag

The Bad:

- The game is very short.

- Animations of characters are quite rigid, making them look very robotic, and the models look very dated.

- Story is nice, but very shallow. No twists or turns, quite anti-climatic.

- Too easy. The difficulty could have ramped up a bit more. Only in the last world did the game fully test your reflexes, awareness, and skill with the grapple.

- Voice acting was very monotone between the father and daughter. There were times where they could have added a bit more emotion to their tone of voice.

- They introduced a monster once in the game, then never brought it up again after. Perhaps this was for the better, since the "green light, red light" gameplay behind that section would have slowed the pace of the game down too much. But I felt they could have added different enemies, or obstacles to make the gameplay a bit more varied, and interesting.

Note:

This is an indie game, and the dev team was quite small. So perhaps a lot of my negative points can be excused for that reason. It's a cheaper game after all, and you pay for what you get. I feel if they had a bigger team work on this, a bigger and better sequel can be made. The concept is great, and if they did more with it, they can make something really special.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 27, 2015
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Sep 14, 2014
    A Story About My Uncle has got a nice concept, great controls and some nice level design, but it feels like a game that could have been so much better with more depth and polish.
  3. Sep 4, 2014
    A good start for the Swedish software house, but the game lacks personality and the central part of the story isn't interesting as the incipit.