8.6

1. Jan 9, 2020
    The game disconnects constantly in all online matches. It is frustrating not being able to play. The team does not solve the problem.
  2. Nov 21, 2019
    Masterpiece! The best RTS of all times with a great graphic engine and dedicated servers for Multiplayer. Ridiculous amount of content for single player. Enjoy it forever.
    9/10 (Optimization)
  3. Nov 15, 2019
    It’s all here. 35 civilizations, 25+ campaigns with 150+ hours of content, new multiplayer style training tutorials, a new game mode. Improved graphics, animations and sound. Server based multiplayer. Quality of life improvements. Reasonably priced. Pretty much everything you could hope for in a remaster. A lot of love went into this, it’s far superior to the HD edition.

Pathfinding is

Pathfinding is still stuck in the 90s and potato pc players may struggle to run the game well before optimization is improved but everything else is glorious.
  4. Nov 15, 2019
  5. Nov 16, 2019
    Excellent. Its everything old AoE2 fan was hoping for and even more. Best gameplay is remain with a lot quality of life improvements. Graphics and animations are amazing. Music is also very nice, I like it. There are all campaigns ever released, including new ones from hd remaster + completely new campaign and new civilisations. This beast is priced very low for what it can offer to old orExcellent. Its everything old AoE2 fan was hoping for and even more. Best gameplay is remain with a lot quality of life improvements. Graphics and animations are amazing. Music is also very nice, I like it. There are all campaigns ever released, including new ones from hd remaster + completely new campaign and new civilisations. This beast is priced very low for what it can offer to old or new players. Just grab it now. I have potato pc and it still plays very well around 100fps with ultra hd textures and everything maxed out. Just turn off vsync, it will triple your fps. enjoy the briliant game. Expand
  6. Nov 16, 2019
    I had to make an account and talk about how terrific this game is.
    All the Campaigns of previous versions are there. The developers are tracking the little bugs that arose, the game gets almost daily updates.
    I had to make an account and talk about how terrific this game is.
    All civs feel genuine, exceptional units, deep immersive AI, Perfect package for a very low price, and you get a little history lesson on the side if desired. Perfect game, and it's only getting better with every update. Excellent.

What bugs me is this review:

"Sorry but: Bad performance, censorship with corpse and audio (especially women), glitches and bugs, campaigns deleted because some minorities believe is "bad" for this era, very bad online at the moment, extremely disk usage when game is opened with lot of freezing.""

This all is utterly False!

All campaigns of all the Expansions are just there. The 'death' sound is a bug which has been tracked by developers. How this is just women related, is just completely false.
    Yes there were some glitches, but with the daily patch all has been resolved for me. Even on my lower pc, everything runs smooth, if you cancel the fog of war animations.
    Online is working fine.

It bugs me that some player gives a bad score based on assumptions. Which are not true at all or evn close to what the developers had in mind. There is no racism or deleting of campaigns at all. It's a historical game, with every expansion included, and even 4 more civs to accompany the many civs already present. And all feel genuine. So there you have it, the perfect historical RTS for the perfect price.
  7. Nov 25, 2019
    Great game! One of the main reasons I give high score is because Both community and developer are still working hard for this game, despite the 20 years release of the initial game. Yes, for some people might not run very smooth (with 7+ years old pc) and yes, it does require some money even if u have all the editions till now. But the game is STILL alive, and what I love is - that theyGreat game! One of the main reasons I give high score is because Both community and developer are still working hard for this game, despite the 20 years release of the initial game. Yes, for some people might not run very smooth (with 7+ years old pc) and yes, it does require some money even if u have all the editions till now. But the game is STILL alive, and what I love is - that they let MODS work, they continue to improve the performance and will release more and more patches. Good job to the developers and community! Both are key-elements in the success of the game! Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2019
    This is one of the best remastered I've seen of all the games. Beautiful picture and a lot of small changes
  9. Nov 28, 2019
    Tirando o fato dele não roda em pcs medianos, o resto ele compensa muito, em preço e conteúdo.
  10. Nov 27, 2019
    Perfect game. good old days. Is the same game, but better quality and graphics, You should try it out if you never play it, is for all ages and everyone will enjoy it.
  11. Nov 19, 2019
    Bad performance, too much bugs and crushes and Windows 10 (which is worst IMO) only.
  12. Nov 16, 2019
    The game is a phenomenal refresh. Amazing audio, new civilizations, all existing content in a new package with some new one on top. It looks and feels like the classic title but it's better in all respects.

Only negative, at the time of writing, it suffers from some performance issues if your hardware is on the down side, but still remains playable at lower settings and hopefully a patch will come out soon.
  13. Nov 16, 2019
    Its amazing. Do not listen to the haters, buy the game, now, youre missing one of the best rts games of all time. IN HD.
  14. Nov 25, 2019
    It's the same Age of Empires 2 game that have been released numerous times but with some real nice visuals and somehow worse UI. It's the same game that was already released few times. Wanted to give it a 5/10 but can't even finish campaign because of crashes.
  15. Nov 15, 2019
    Well, many of us were waiting for this game. But the start isn't without issues. Firstly the 16 GB graphics mod to be downloaded as extra for "trailer like" look. Secondly, the multiplayer is currently very bad. Freezing games, fast impossible to play. The players were told, that multi will be in focus. But it does not seem like that. Many improvenets are necessary. I just hope we will getWell, many of us were waiting for this game. But the start isn't without issues. Firstly the 16 GB graphics mod to be downloaded as extra for "trailer like" look. Secondly, the multiplayer is currently very bad. Freezing games, fast impossible to play. The players were told, that multi will be in focus. But it does not seem like that. Many improvenets are necessary. I just hope we will get those quick, or at least sometime.
    With some bug improvement it can reach 8/10, without it just remains at 6.
  16. Nov 20, 2019
    The best version of AoE2! Buy it and no hesitate any moment. If you are a fan of previous editions it is an obligatory purchase.
  17. Nov 24, 2019
    i wannat de pews but the pews where non existance in dis here game. call of dookie is muntch bester
  18. Dec 5, 2019
    Great game. I've never played the original one but I'm really digging this one. Co-op is good and has many custom maps and mods. Totally recommended.
  19. Dec 8, 2019
    Yes! I've been waiting for this game! This is the best game i have ever played. I still remember 1999 when I first played this game. I'm very happy to recall the memory of that time.
  20. Dec 20, 2019
    Best Age of Empires for the money. Played for many hours and never experienced any crashes. Loved this game as a kid and still play it to this day. This game is a gem, a classic.
  21. Dec 24, 2019
    Ein würdige Definitive Edition!!
    Patches werden gross nach gereicht und auf die Community wird gehört, eines der besten Spiele das sehr gut gealtert ist.
  22. Dec 27, 2019
    Well, the game is an improved graphics version of the same age of empires that we have always had, nothing as impressive as the third game with new mechanics and graphics superior to the old games.
  23. Dec 21, 2019
    Me first game I have ever played with beter graphics and more! Childhood with modern times! TY for this!
  24. Dec 6, 2019
    Everything you should expect from an AoEII remaster. Much improved graphics. New campaigns and civs. All previous dlcs. No complaint from me.
  25. Dec 23, 2019
    O jogo só não é perfeito por ser muito desbalanceado em algumas missões de campanha. É de longe um dos melhores jogos de estratégia que tem (pra muitos o melhor), mas pra mim ele ainda perde pra starcraft 2
  26. Dec 15, 2019
    AoE 2 was my first game ever bought in 1999. I played it to death, probably 2 000 hours. 20 years later we have the remake that everyone wanted.

This time around I'm actually playing the new DLCs and they are amazing! Some of them even combine elements of AoE 1. I just can't stop playing, this game is an absolute masterpiece! 1 month after release and I'm 50+ hours into the game, only playing campaigns.

The game is absolutely amazing, and the only version I will play from now on. I absolutely love this game! I won't say anything more, Age of Empires II Definitive Edition is an experience and cannot be told by words.

10/10.
  27. Jan 9, 2020
    I have been playing Age of Empires 2 since 1999. I loved the original game. I moved on to the HD edition. And wanted to love the definite edition.

While the game in 1998 was perfectly finished without mayor bugs. This changed with 2013 and is even worse in the definite Edition. They have adopted a model of rush out the game and fix it later - if ever. You can expect a multiplayer,

You can expect a multiplayer, where constantly player are going to drop out. For serious fans the multiplayer is what counts. I have played multiplayer for a couple of thousand hours in the different versions and a bugged multiplayer is an absolute NoNo....

The grafic and sound is redone. Most veteran players do not like it at all. I really hated it. It is made for 13yo kidds who like it blurry and candylike. The animations may be more detailed and better, but a good game needs solid mechanics and to be bugfree.

I will check in four years if the game has been fixed. But I do not expect too much as Microsoft has not fixed all bugs in the 2013 editon after 7 years! And it does not look like, that they take any efford in doing so as long as people buy crap anyway.

Get the original one and play on voobly or the HD editon. The new one is not worth it for now.

The game mechanics of Age of Empires as such are some of the best ever made and timeless. And thus the game of course has potential to became a good one. But I can not give a good mark for an unfinished buggy product rushed out by some sale people with a lot PR (Propaganda, payed reviewed, pushing influencers) and the usual stuff.

By the way it is very telling that companies like Microsoft sell basically the same game for the third time instead of make somewhat innovative and new. Greed has killed creativity.

The game engine has not been reworked and made fit for the modern multicore CPU but runs on one core as in 1998 and delivers very bad performance taking into account, what hardware is actually needed to run the same game in the original version.

We can be glad, that there are no microtransaction or pay to win content, yet.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2020
    As a person who was raised on Age of Empires I was satisfied with every aspect of the remake. Small missteps didn’t spoil the fun and the addition of new nations only deepened my love for the series. [01/2020, p.82]
  2. Jan 4, 2020
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition has upgraded beautifully to the current ages, with some great content and improved gameplay and graphics.
  3. Dec 13, 2019
    Whether you’re a new fan looking to get into the series, or a veteran player wanting to revisit a classic title, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is a must-play for any RTS fan.