8.8

1. Nov 18, 2021
    There are no other games like Ambition: A Minuet in Power I absolutely love it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 27, 2021
    Ambition is an appropriately-named title in terms of its genre – it is not without its flaws, but the overall experience is heightened by compelling core mechanics and a grandiose scope, and I recommend players take this captivating tour through 18th-century Paris to make their own history.
  2. Aug 19, 2021
    Ambition: A Minuet in Power does a great job of transporting players to an alternative 18th century Paris. The mind-blowing attention to detail goes from the narrative to the audiovisual design of the entire package. While there was valiant effort to make the middling decisions and errands more interesting, this aspect is saved the game’s charm and excellent writing. If you want a good visual novel experience with more bells and whistles than they typically come with, Ambition might be your cup of expensive French tea.
  3. Aug 18, 2021
    There are times when I really enjoyed what Ambition: A Minuet in Power was doing, or at least trying to accomplish. But I felt a bit detached while I played. This, in turn, made it difficult to really care about the influence I had and which sides I might take. It’s definitely entertaining and, if you aren’t willing to frequently save and plan carefully, might even challenge some people. But it is definitely the sort of game that really only courts its primary audience, and those are people who enjoy visual novels and managing schedules.