3.7

1. Sep 17, 2014
    Great beginning in alpha(1.0), then went to pot for release. Horrible customer service and catering to F2P players while sinking a knife into the backs of the actual paying customers. They have no idea which way they are even going with the game anymore as the first initial trailers and write up are no longer valid.
    One guild can dominate a server and even prevent you from leveling as
    One guild can dominate a server and even prevent you from leveling as open pvp are where you have to level after 30.
  2. Sep 21, 2014
    While this is offered as a "free-to-play" game, the crafting/gathering system is broken at its core, the servers are unstable, the queues are horrendous, and their accounts and services are essentially inactive.

The common staples for crafting (such as wood and cloth) cannot be planted in the F2P's public farms, so you are forced to create farms out in the world. This may come as a challenge to find secret locations, but players scour the far reaches of the world and atop the mountains outside of the map. They will sit there to either uproot (destroy) your crops or to steal them right after the timer shows when they're done growing. Crafting and everything else requires "Labor Points" AKA LP. LP is gained by playing over time (P2P can generate some while offline) and makes people try to find ways to idle but not get kicked, further filling up the server.

The server instabilities can range wildly depending on your case. Some players are permanently banned from chat and get instantly kicked upon login for doing things like guild recruiting in previous sessions. Some players get kicked because their character's name looks suspicious. Others chain-disconnect for no reason, even while in queue to get into the game (there's no saving your spot in line.) If you do get disconnected, there is sometimes a 10-minute grace period to get back in, to include load times.

Let's talk about the queue system. People AFKing on the server are taking up server slots. Bots are taking up server slots. F2P players are waiting 12-24 hours to get in to play, with it sometimes resetting their spot in queue from random disconnects. P2P players get priority, but still need to wait 30 minutes to a few hours to get in, again with random disconnects mixed in there. The headstart that they promised was a few-day event which had these queues, of which it was a varied outcome of 100% of the server's land being taken, some people getting 0 hours of play time due to no fault of their own, and others not even able to log in due to the poor accounts system. The queues have caused people to lose their houses, their land, and their farms due to not being able to log in to pay their taxes. Land is a finite item on a server, of which is more valuable than gold.

The accounts system is broken to the point of which people who have paid for a service have still not received their service. A large portion of players who are founders have yet received their founder items. Patrons who paid their monthly subscription have not received Patron status in-game, but are still billed for it. "Patron" status is a major issue, where it was given and taken away from random players, to include F2P players. So, F2P players were able to buy land illegally, P2P players lost their land, and everything reeks of incompetence on part of the developers.

Additional issues exist throughout the game. Since this is a KR/RU port to EN/EU, there are already hacks right after release to include instant teleporting for trade runs. Inflation has already skyrocketed. None of the NPC voiceacting is in English, so I hope you're Korean. Class viability is a minor issue, since you'll be farmed in PvP starting around 30 by level 50's. There is no questing after around level 30. You are thrown out into the world to do farming, crafting, or grinding.
  3. Sep 19, 2014
    Well this game not only has a pay to win stamp on it, it's also now being called "Queage" instead. Anywhere from 2hrs to 1 week in the que. Keep in mind, this isn't because they don't have enough servers, it's because Trion failed to implement a system to stop people from AFK'ing in the character screen, and the useless labor system. The labor system encourages people sit in the gameWell this game not only has a pay to win stamp on it, it's also now being called "Queage" instead. Anywhere from 2hrs to 1 week in the que. Keep in mind, this isn't because they don't have enough servers, it's because Trion failed to implement a system to stop people from AFK'ing in the character screen, and the useless labor system. The labor system encourages people sit in the game AFK.

Trion was told about this months ago, and even all their sympathizes were told this as well. Get on their case and don't encourage them. Nope wouldn't listen.

Unfortunately offline labor regeneration is going to have to be equal to online if they want people to stop AFK'ing in game, there is no way around it. If they want to keep the labor system, they will just have to suffer the consequences with exploits.

Then the issue of staying logged in the character select screen all day while your at work. Why could the company not foresee this?

Anyways, your money is better spent elsewhere. This game is not F2P, it's basically a trial version until you drop cash. The more cash you drop, the more dominating you'll be in game.
  4. Sep 17, 2014
    Great Game,but bad Company,who cheated all us Founders at headstart,on a new server Aires i became 26 and farm and house in 1/2 day
    on Eanna in 4 days HS a 8x8 farm and L 23,that was it
    many hours in Qs and less then 10 hrs Ingame,therefore we paide 150€???
    No Sir,u failed BIG
  5. Sep 17, 2014
    I must say this whole event has been a great letdown. The game it's self is rather fun, when one can actually get in to play. However, every aspect of it's supposed uniqueness is not available to the masses. There are no houses or farms available, therefore the average person can not really craft or farm anything, the market will be filled with the products made by the few people andI must say this whole event has been a great letdown. The game it's self is rather fun, when one can actually get in to play. However, every aspect of it's supposed uniqueness is not available to the masses. There are no houses or farms available, therefore the average person can not really craft or farm anything, the market will be filled with the products made by the few people and guilds that were lucky enough to log in and get their founders packs....along with the few who got far more than they should.

Not only did the founders pack s not arrive but, they have also restricted them to just 6 so, if you delete a character for any reason, you will not receive a new pack. Why was this not told to players before hand? I have never seen such a thing before, I find the whole thing ridiculous.

The founders pack I was not given for some time now seems worthless compared to the new packs which have far more useful stuff in them. This feels like a complete lack of loyalty on Trion's behalf and a great big slap across my face. I have completely lost trust in this company.

The very fact I paid for a founder's pack yet spent more time trying to log in, or re-logging in, than actually getting to play is yet another big slap in my face. What is even worse is now the free players get potions and goodies to help them level fast and even a chance to get the house I couldn't, while I still wait to log in.
    There is a complete lack of voice from Trion, with regard to creating new servers or any chance of lessening the unreasonable ques we all have to suffer, from one extent to another. I don't like to pay to wait and I certainly refuse to pay at all any longer. When my months are over, there is no chance I will be subbing, for there is no point, since the only reason to sub seems to be to own property, and I have none now and no chance of getting any.

My whole experience so far feels tainted, my opinion of Trion is that they are criminal. they made many promises but failed to fulfill those obligations, yet off no solution, only a big middle finger to those that they scammed.
  6. Sep 18, 2014
    Warning: Pay-to-Win

A MMO with great potential ruined by cooperate greed and pay-to-win model. Atrocious management and execution of a game with great potential.
  7. Sep 17, 2014
    ArcheAge is a great game but it's being ran by a horrible company that won't listen to it's customers and won't even acknowledge there is anything wrong. I'm having a blast playing AA but I can't log out of the game because I'm afraid of being stuck in a queue for 3-4 hours to get back in. I decided yesterday I wanted to support Trion and subscribed but even that system is broken and theyArcheAge is a great game but it's being ran by a horrible company that won't listen to it's customers and won't even acknowledge there is anything wrong. I'm having a blast playing AA but I can't log out of the game because I'm afraid of being stuck in a queue for 3-4 hours to get back in. I decided yesterday I wanted to support Trion and subscribed but even that system is broken and they won't give me the subscription I paid for.

The game in itself is quite fun. I'd give it an 8. But the cash grab Trion is doing, the amount of support they have given and info they have given about what they are doing to fix the issues have been nill. And that is enough to drop my rating to a 2.

I CAN NOT recommend this game to anyone even though I like it.
  8. Sep 17, 2014
    TRION scammed everyone, making the game pay to win and not giving items people bought.

servers are broken, and the customer service is horrible.

TRION should not have gotten rights to this game, they are the worst company ever.
  9. Sep 18, 2014
    ArcheAge is what happens when incompetence collides. Halfway decent game concept put together by an incompetent Korean developer (XLGames) and published by an even more incompetent incompetent North American publisher (Trion).

The level of ineptitude in handling the pre-launch, launch, and post-launch troubles is astounding. The simple fact that the game is up and running at all is a miracle.
  10. Sep 17, 2014
    I have played Beta, Alpha, and now the mess that is the launch of Archeage. This game had the potential to be the best MMO I ever played and I've played these types of games for 17 years since the days of Ultima Online. The pirate aspect is amazing and really gets your heart pumping like no other MMO I've ever seen. To spot the enemy approaching and knowing they are going to try and boardI have played Beta, Alpha, and now the mess that is the launch of Archeage. This game had the potential to be the best MMO I ever played and I've played these types of games for 17 years since the days of Ultima Online. The pirate aspect is amazing and really gets your heart pumping like no other MMO I've ever seen. To spot the enemy approaching and knowing they are going to try and board you and take stuff you spent hours fabricating is what makes this so intense. The other positive aspect is running around the world looking for secret farms and then stealing from them...if you get caught and you eventually will, you are sent to court, and get this....the jury is real players! You get sentenced to jail if found guilty. My personal sentence after raiding several player owned illegal tree farms was 12 minutes in the brig. Classes are extremely fun and varied with over 100 different classes! Combat was fun as heck. So why won't I play this game? The developers suck! They urged us to buy a $150.00 founders pack months ago and then days before launch they give a much better $150 package as an option and long time supporters get screwed. Queues are usually 3000+ during primetime and over 5-8 hours long. I've been waiting 5 hours as we speak and still have 900 in front of me and I'm a paying patron. The developers decided that paying customers should be lumped together with those who don't support the game at all with their wallets. The cash store is exactly...IT IS PAY TO WIN...don't let anyone tell you different. You need labor points to do EVERYTHING in the game and they run out quickly. Want to craft? You need labor points. Want to farm? You need labor points. Want a house? Yada, yada, yada. You can use up your daily allotment of points in just one session of crafting and then you have to wait or buy some from the cash store. The primary means of income is from making packs and turning them in. You can only set a pack down safely in your player owned home and good luck with that. Safe homes were taken in the first few hours of the game and homes in PVP territory means you can lose your pack on the way there to another player 30 levels higher than you. So housing is a bust...the developers allowed some toons that managed to log on quickly to accumulate as many houses as they could as placeholders and the rest of the gaming community is screwed. Not the it matters...unless you're unemployed, I don't see you surviving the 7 hour queues....it's not like you can get things done quickly in game and there are only so many hours of playtime in a day. It sucks because housing plays such an integral part of making money in this game. You basically need to grow trees because wood is such a valuable commodity and you can only do that on your own farm or in a limited way on public farms which were filled to capacity from day one. The developers opened two more servers since yesterday and those are already hours long queued also. The bad thing is if you add too many servers, they become ghost towns when the hype goes away, especially when people get fed up and that is happening A LOT! Just read some archegae forums...99.9% negative maiing this one of the least succesfull launches in history from a players perspective, but quite successful for the developers as players purchased the $150 pack in great numbers with promises of a great playable game. It's not happening...we had months of beta and alpha to figure this out and the official launch was even worst than beta. Server merges will be impossible unless you want to lose your home which is what the majority of the player base wants out of this game and is a huge effort to build and maintain if you're building anything of quality. This game could have been great, but it's not. Maybe a few weeks down the road when all the unhappy players have gone on to greener pastures this game will be playable. If you can stomach the queues and play it for free, try it. Just don't use the cash shop or buy a patron package....it's just not worth it and the developers will screw you down the road. Use it as free to play game until the next hot game comes along because there are developers that can do much better overall. Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2014
    This could be the greatest game ever made. It could have the most responsive controls, the best FPS, the most intuitive UI.

I have no idea, I can't make it past the queues. I've been in the queue since launch, with the exclusion of the down time for server maintenance (which is a reasonable thing for any MMO launch). Twice it's crashed when I was near 100. Once I lost my internet connection and place in queue. Just earlier I gave up and uninstalled the game. They might sort this out in a few weeks, but I won't be bothering to come back.

Actually, I have to give them at least a 1 for managing to launch better than Diablo 3. Not that that's setting the bar high or anything.
  12. Sep 17, 2014
    So I have been a founder of the game since Alpha, and I can attest that the game is a lot of fun with a guild or friends. Me and my guildies planned for weeks for headstart for land rush and come head start what do we get... almost NOBODY in our guild was able to log in due to disconnection issues or being shown a looping scene of the intro or worse of all, the hours long ques. End result,So I have been a founder of the game since Alpha, and I can attest that the game is a lot of fun with a guild or friends. Me and my guildies planned for weeks for headstart for land rush and come head start what do we get... almost NOBODY in our guild was able to log in due to disconnection issues or being shown a looping scene of the intro or worse of all, the hours long ques. End result, our entire strategy was flushed down the toilet, because by the time we got in the lucky few who were able to get in and the luck few who got multiple founder awards from the bug had grabbed almost all the good spots and we were left scavenging for leftovers. Naturally, the guild was unable to get our farms/houses together like we had planned. Apart from the land rush, the entire headstart has been a disaster owing to the hourly long ques and the constant disconnections only to be put back in hourly long ques. Extremely bad performance on Trions end and I will not be spending another dime on the game. Expand
  13. Sep 17, 2014
    Horrible customer service, Trion promised to provide priority queing and took player money for items they never delivered. After they failed to live up to their promise and spamming in game that they had a backlog, they have now resorted to telling players they are not eligible to get items anymore even though the company asked people to switch servers to help que times.

Players have

Players have received 0 items for an entire week while new people paying are getting immediate service over people that supported the game since April. The company clearly gouged people and has shown they are more interested in milking the gaming community.

lastly the game is very much Pay to Win or more aptly pay for super fast progression as you can buy your way to 50 and economy dominance through their credit system. Trion has proven to be the EA of the west.
  14. Sep 17, 2014
    Servers collapsing, founders are not getting the stuff they paid for, there are people out there that for some reason have founders pack items/patron status they shouldn't have. There's a bug that makes your characters disappear at the character selection. 4k players 3'5h queues. And all that the Trion Staff cares about is about banning people who complains on the forums. Wow, that management...
  15. Sep 17, 2014
    The game looks and feel very dated, everything is clunky and the dungeons.. compare the dungeons to a Asian browser game that should say enough.

What makes this make interesting and worth the try is the features, of course if you were thinking of owning a house.. or a farm chances are you can't why? Well the game is very limited when it comes to land that's why the only people who can own property in the game are paying customers (patron status 15 bucks a month) that being said you can already assume that all the land in the game is gone, I was not kidding when I said the land was limited... about 30% of the patrons that got into the head start managed to get some land. So even if you become a patron..(15 bucks a month) there really won't be any benefit from it.

There will be farming available for free members in public farms but these farms are over populated even by patrons.. and they only protect your stuff for 24 hours, so planting anything that requires more than that (and everything pretty much does) well most likely be stolen.
  16. Sep 22, 2014
    So I've reviewed this before, but I'll be posting this to change it and reiterate the point of my first review.

This is literally P2P right now, if you do not pay money you won't get placed into the priority queue and good freaking luck getting into the game. Combine this with what others are saying and it becomes a game that you spend 12+ hours to get into to be ganked by higher level players and do poorly compared to people who have paid money. Oh wait, even if you wait 12 hours, GOOD LUCK GETTING IN!

That's right, yesterday I just said, screw it, and waited 13 hours for a queue I started at 8:00 in the morning. I watched as the queue ticked down 3...2...1.......... "The gods have disconnected you." And that was the moment I decided this game didn't even deserve a second chance.
  17. Sep 17, 2014
    This game is not even pay2win. It's slave2win. Either be a slave of the game and stay logged in 24/7 or face the terrible 2 hours minimum queues. It is a fun game though and would lure people if it had a decent publisher that could handle it. In South Korea it has 25 servers. Trion had 8 in NA in headstart. Thanks to them people are actually massively asking for refunds and running awayThis game is not even pay2win. It's slave2win. Either be a slave of the game and stay logged in 24/7 or face the terrible 2 hours minimum queues. It is a fun game though and would lure people if it had a decent publisher that could handle it. In South Korea it has 25 servers. Trion had 8 in NA in headstart. Thanks to them people are actually massively asking for refunds and running away from the game. It's really an achievement how they are able to screw it. Expand
  18. Sep 17, 2014
    Automatic 0/10
    Reasoning:
    Automatic 0/10
    Reasoning:
    The launch day "founders pack" purchasers got more for their money than the people who preordered the game! Never have I seen such BS from an MMO in my life! I don't care about big queues, that's part of the experience, but to troll the people that supported this game before release and not even be apologetic about it is beyond insulting. Considering a chargeback because of this.
  19. Sep 17, 2014
    Took customers money.... even if you paid them $150+ for best founders pack you have to wait 3+hours to get into the game.... and then you get DC after few minutes and all of that again... Also devs doesnt communicate at all with customers...

After launch they put for sale starter pack that practically made founders packs looks terrible... starter pack for everyone that are better! than founders??? uhm....

If you prepaid your 4-day headstart after server crashes and queues and everything you got maybe like 2 days.....

All the housing plots are full on all servers... people owning 7,10, 27 houses... (why not limit one house one person so everyone can get house?)
  20. Sep 17, 2014
    Don't play this game with any expectation of owning a house or more than maybe an 8x8 farm. They have turned a major feature and selling point of the game into a scarcity and fiasco for everyone. Wait for Camelot Unchained.
  21. Sep 17, 2014
    I would love to be able to review the gameplay for Archeage. However as I've never seen anything outside of the Queue and Disconnection Notices I am forced to write about that. The screenshots and forum speculations gave me high hopes for this game and I hope that should I ever manage to get in and get a chance to play the game it will live up to some of those expectations. Trion'sI would love to be able to review the gameplay for Archeage. However as I've never seen anything outside of the Queue and Disconnection Notices I am forced to write about that. The screenshots and forum speculations gave me high hopes for this game and I hope that should I ever manage to get in and get a chance to play the game it will live up to some of those expectations. Trion's handling of the server queue, patron status (from forum notes), and the reports of AFK players running in place leads me to believe that only a game of the most extraordinary nature could survive under the management provided by Trion as they scramble to collect as much cash as they can from "founders", subscribers to the patron status and micro-transactions.

Maybe a game to check out in a month or two when the hordes have thinned down.
  22. Sep 17, 2014
    This game is not a sandbox, it's a "sandpark". Most people are just jaw-dropped by the features of being able to farm/own a house that this is "new" and "fresh" for them but in the end it's still technically the same outside some of those features.

Unfortunately for NA/EU ArcheAge the game is published/ran from TRION Worlds who has, to be blunt, done a horrible job managing this game. From a terrible headstart to a very rough launch for many. Those who haven't been effected have had a great time, hence why you've seen some decent 10's around.

Once all the smoke and mirrors drops I don't see this game lasting long, probably even shorter with how TRION is managing it.
  23. Sep 20, 2014
    I bought the Founder's Pack about two months before launch, to play in the Alpha and Beta stages. Never did get to play more than 10 or so minutes before I would be randomly disconnected.

The actual launch has been even worse. Can only sit in que for an hour or two, finally get logged in, and then get disconnected almost immediately. I don't recommend buying this game. Atleast not

I don't recommend buying this game. Atleast not until they address the lack servers and the game's instability. It's just a waste of money at this point.
  24. Sep 17, 2014
    Waiting HOURS in a queue after paid for this game, the admins don't said nothing about and we are losing our suscription for a bad administration.

A good game, the worst company behind.
  25. Sep 17, 2014
    Inadequate beta testing period resulted in poorly tested and buggy servers. The game also suffers from ineffective communication from Trion about servers and bugs. This game could have been great in NA if it was properly tested and not shoved out the door. Due to the failures of the Publisher, Trion, I can not give the game a favorable review.
  26. Sep 17, 2014
    I really don't care if it's Pay to Play or Free to Play. When you have people who buy a package to play a game, then you need to cater to the people who are playing. The game is a good game to play... but if you can't play it, then it sucks. The Queue's are terrible and their response to handle the queue's are just as bad. They can't even make it playable. I get home from work to play theI really don't care if it's Pay to Play or Free to Play. When you have people who buy a package to play a game, then you need to cater to the people who are playing. The game is a good game to play... but if you can't play it, then it sucks. The Queue's are terrible and their response to handle the queue's are just as bad. They can't even make it playable. I get home from work to play the game and wait 2-3 hours for a queue and they want to lie to the public that it's not that long of a queue. Ridiculous! Can't play the game due to queue's because I need to log out as I finally get to get in. Another horrible thing, there is no stopping the other players from griefing the other players from getting land. All the land is taken! No spots available, even to the ones who paid. This is due to the horrible design in allowing people to place their plots in just the right places so that other people can't fit their plots in. Horrible game design on that part. For those who say it's all apart of the game, your right... I'm just saying it's stupid. An I was stupid to think that Trion would actually do a good job of releasing this game. The release was a complete waste of money and time. Never playing another Trion game. Not worth it anymore. Expand
  27. Sep 17, 2014
    This was one of the worst if not worst game launches. Unacceptable queue times (5+ hours) for patrons (paid memberships). I purchased the $150 pack on one account and purchased several $50 packs because the game had so much potential and fantastic design concepts, but Trion ruined the game with this horrible botched launch. I will never purchase another Trion game.
  28. Sep 17, 2014
    HORRIBLE. I played in RU, a nice experience, but Trion is the worst company i've ever saw in the world, dont cara about the players, systems bugged, gave Patron status to player that didn't bought, my friend bought the patron in 16/09 at 3pm, today is 17/09 11:17pm and he didn't received yet the subscription, so much lag, and other thing that i could spend my entire night writing......
  29. Sep 17, 2014
    Queue Simulator 2014, If anyone is a fan of queue waiting games, this one is for you. 14.99 a month to wait in a queue. If and when you get in, the lag, bugs, missing characters, missing founder items are a bonus if you enjoy not having anything you paid for.
  30. Sep 17, 2014
    This is one of the games that could of been great if it wasn't completely ruined by there lack of ability to actually handle the systems. The major changes that Trion has come up has in the end cost them the game for the majority of the player base once the hype is gone.
  31. Sep 17, 2014
    Looked really nice on paper. New cool sandbox features, rewarding player interaction and free economy.

Is probably OK in Korea. Does not live up to international standards. Full of game breaking bugs. Lots of standard features missing. The server problems at launch are just minor compared to the game design problems. Having the game available outside Korea seems like a spontaneous decision to just get some quick cash from the hype. I suggest waiting at least a year before even trying it.
  32. Sep 17, 2014
    Really, it is a fun game. Yet, the publishers Trion have treated their customers as second rate citizens. Dropping the ball with promised services and then launching with a package with better items than the founders originally got...it became overall, the 2nd biggest disappointment launch behind Age of Conan.
  33. Sep 17, 2014
    Haven't been able to play for 2 days. Game disconnects you after waiting hours and hours to play in a que. Not to mention the ability to purchase your sucess.
  34. Sep 17, 2014
    The game of Archeage is quite amazing, vast open world with large seas for ship battles, claimable, persistent land and a really great crafting system and potential for a very deep economy. XLGames did an amazing job with it's development.

The reason I give it a 4, is because XLGames trusted Trion with it's North American and European release. Trion did a terrible job. Queue times of up to 6 hours long to get into a server, crashes, terrible lag, broken subscription system, and absolutely no communication to either paid players or free to play players. They essentially tarnished XLGames' name with their management of the release. They have potentially ruined the opinion of thousands of players when it comes to Archeage... when the game itself is quite impressive.

I would be extremely delighted if XLGames decides to sue Trion for damages to their brand.
  35. Sep 20, 2014
    This "game"... oh, no, sorry, "queue simulator" and "labor points farm simulator" is one of the worst mmo p2w games ever made. Totally imbalanced, same bugs and "class sins" as Rift, badly optimized client and servers. F2p system is one of the worst ever made. This game isn't even finished - for example: not completed translation or camera problems. Best advice? Stay away from this piece of crap.
  36. Sep 17, 2014
    Trion completely botched launch of this game. With any new release issues are to be expected, but lets face it, this isn't the early days of MMOs, and Trion isn't new to the genre. Unacceptable queue times, random disconnects, subscriptions not working, the list goes on and on.
  37. Sep 17, 2014
    8 Total NA servers, 8 servers constantly queued. Been in queue for over an hour now and have only moved up 500 slots in the queue and still have 2300 folks ahead of me.

Housing is gone. It's been gone since the first day of head start. If you are planning on dropping a farm or a house, you'll be sorely upset upon your first login as most likely you'll be forced to drop your farms in temporary housing(only lasts 7 days). I'm one of the lucky ones that managed to get some properties planted early on Friday of headstart. If you're wondering why i'm complaining even though I have a house, 3 farms, and a thatched farmhouse down it's because of the 4-5 hour queues that prevent me from actually using them.

Don't do it!
  38. Sep 17, 2014
    Trion are complete scammers, run, don't walk away from this game. They told patrons they'd get queue priority, then removed the queue indicators (which tell you if you are a patron or not) and lumped everyone in the same que, then they released better packages for post-supported than they had for founders and trailblazers, essentially telling those who supported them pre-launch to go ****Trion are complete scammers, run, don't walk away from this game. They told patrons they'd get queue priority, then removed the queue indicators (which tell you if you are a patron or not) and lumped everyone in the same que, then they released better packages for post-supported than they had for founders and trailblazers, essentially telling those who supported them pre-launch to go **** themselves. And I won't even get into the fact they did not deliver patron items to patrons a,d gave F2P players the packages meant for patrons, then instead of giving patron the 30, 60 or 90 days, after the headstart, they actually deducted the headsteart days (which were mostly unplayable) from their subscription time. Dear Trion, go **** yourself. Expand
  39. Sep 17, 2014
    This game is absolutely Pay2Win.
    Archeage has Labor Point System that is connected Everything in this world.
    Craft, farming, coin purses, housing, fishing, trading and even some quests require. Let me give you an example. You want to make first set of armors (much stronger than you get from quests), then you need 700 labor points. Labor Points will regain when you are Online: Paid
    This game is absolutely Pay2Win.
    Archeage has Labor Point System that is connected Everything in this world.
    Let me give you an example.
    Labor Points will regain when you are
    Online: Paid player 10P/5mins, Free player 5P/5mins
    Offline: Paid player 5P/5mins, Free player none.

It means
    Free players need to stay online more than 11hours to get first armors.
    Second armors require 1050 LP. Higher you go, more LP require.

Want a house? LP require, how about a boat? Sorry, LP require.
    It is free to get in, but not free if you want to enjoy this game.

Labor Points force you to pay.
  40. Sep 17, 2014
    What I have played was all right; yet another pretty looking grinder. However, the complete fail of execution that the 4-6 hour queues for paying customers represent and the near-total lack of communication about the issue does not make me hopeful about how the game will be managed in the future.
  41. Sep 17, 2014
    Have fun waiting in 6 hr long queu. This company is begging players to not play their game. It also advertizes as a sandbox game but it's far from sandbox. If you're looking for a true sandbox feeling, play Mortal Online.
  42. Sep 17, 2014
    This will be a Dual Review, one on the game itself and one on the Publishers.

Archeage A sandbox RPG where you can pretty much do anything you want from building houses, boats, trading to making your own little empire with friends and guilds and going to war with the big name factions of the game. Gameplay : 8/10. Fluid controls, hit to connection is very good, typical of a PvP
    This will be a Dual Review, one on the game itself and one on the Publishers.

Archeage

Gameplay : 8/10. Fluid controls, hit to connection is very good, typical of a PvP focused game. You pretty much have everything at your disposal as long as you're a paying customer. Farming, decorating your house you name it. It's really all about you in this game.

Story: 6/10. I did not find the about the character very good. I played a Harani, each race has it's own story to tell maybe I was just unlucky. The overall Lore of the game though would be rated at an 8-9/10, very indepth.

Music: 7/10. Okay I know some people might like the music too this game, but I came from FFXIV:ARR and the music there was absolutely amazing. In terms of adrenaline rush in pvp the music does get you pumping. Just not as much as fighting Titan in FFXIV.

Graphics: 9/10. Fantastic graphics, running the game doesn't take much of a machine and compliments high end machines as well. DX9 and DX11 support, the lighting in DX11 is mesmerizing. Also when you see the Ocean for the first time in the game truly is a beauty to behold. The Water Graphics in the game Rival a fully modded Skyrim in my opinion which is great in itself.

Replayability: 1/10. It's an MMO where one character can be anything you want. I don't see a reason to ever have to start over from the beginning unless you're twinking or making a bank alt so I'll add another rating for this.

Longevity: 10/10. It's a Sandbox MMO where you can do everything you want with one character and go anywhere you want pretty much. It's an experience that I think anyone with the patience to grind out will enjoy.

Overall: 8/10. This game is simply amazing, it has tons of potential and a bright future if the Devs play the cards right.

Now that I got the game out of the way I'd like to rate the Producers of this game for the EU and NA region: Trion.

Some of you might know Trion from Rift, I personally was playing WoW at the time and seeing the "You're not in Azeroth anymore" banners posted all over the web made me laugh sometimes. Rift had a relatively successful life, not nearly as long as it's acclaimed Rival World of Warcraft, but it was relatively successful for an MMO this day and age.

Now Rift aside I'll get to how poorly Trion has done with the Archeage Launch for the NA/EU region. Having no experience the the KR/RU versions of this game I don't have any clue if their launches were a mess or not because they have different Producers.

Let's get to the point, the Launch of this game was an utter mess. Launched with 8 servers for each region there was a back queue for about 4-5 hours. They released 1 additional server during launch and 1 server during the head start which was 4 days of queue timer for people that spent $50-$150 for the founders pack on the game.

I'm going to go ahead and tell the story from my experience. This company neglected all of their paying customers from the start of Head Start, went and blind sided the people that invested in them "founders" with more extravagant offers via the Starter packs and continues to try to sale on the Cash Shop when their subscriptions don't even give the people who paid for the benefits of being a subscriber.

Unfortunately, I fall under the category of someone who had paid for their service and haven't received it yet. It has been 24 hours from the review that I have received what I paid for and the company remains silent on the issue.

Their customer support is abysmal . 6-7 hour wait times in live chats. Tickets going unanswered for days at a time and hardly any clarification on what they're going to do about the issues with the current state of the game. When I did finally get to the Representative (they were very kind I'll give them that) they didn't know how to fix the issue and had to push my problem onto someone else.

Here's the rating I'd give Trion from an Archeage players perspective at this point.

Launch Management: 0/10, I was able to get in during easily on the new server, but they didn't let any of the newer F2P players download the game UNTIL an hour before the servers even went live. So if you didn't have fast internet you were destined to sit in queue for hours on end.

Customer support: 5/10, The only saving grace here was simply because the people are nice when they talk to you, which should be a common business practice in itself. They however had not nearly enough people on staff to help out with the volume of problems they were having. I didn't get out of my live chat until 10pm (PST) after initiating the queue 6-7 hours prior.

TL;DR. Archeage is a great game managed by terrible producers. Either the Producers get their act together or this wonderful game will fall in fire.
  43. Sep 17, 2014
    From a Patron player the company hosting this game has done a horrendous job. 2+ hour queues and so far they have barely done anything to address it beside giving cliche responses. As far as the game goes if your here for a good storyline I suggest other games as this one only lasts until you get to the Two Crowns zone. After that it's mainly a bunch of side quests that lead you from oneFrom a Patron player the company hosting this game has done a horrendous job. 2+ hour queues and so far they have barely done anything to address it beside giving cliche responses. As far as the game goes if your here for a good storyline I suggest other games as this one only lasts until you get to the Two Crowns zone. After that it's mainly a bunch of side quests that lead you from one pvp zone to another. For those here for the Dungeons and Raids again I would suggest another game. The dungeons are poorly planned and NPCs have horrible and predictable mechanics. The raids on the next hand are too few and were barely covered in alpha/beta but more than likely the same as dungeons. As a game that focuses mainly on PVP and Trading it will get stale rather quickly for those that are only interested in doing either one at a casual or your own pace. From past experience with games that focused on one aspect over the other too much they tend to get boring and repetitive rather quickly. For those PVP fanatics or people who play games solely to dominate a market this may be the game for you. Expand
  44. Sep 17, 2014
    Ok i understand that the game is having difficulties at launch but, THE DEVS DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH US! The only things that we've heard from the staff in the last 24 hours is just that they don't see it a problem waiting in queue, because they say it's only 60-120 minutes. Actually the queues are so big they can't even estimate (even the estimation sucks) when you will be able to play.Ok i understand that the game is having difficulties at launch but, THE DEVS DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH US! The only things that we've heard from the staff in the last 24 hours is just that they don't see it a problem waiting in queue, because they say it's only 60-120 minutes. Actually the queues are so big they can't even estimate (even the estimation sucks) when you will be able to play. 5500 in queue > 1 hour, my friend 1000 in queue > 1 hour. SEEMS LEGIT.

NO COMMUNICATION = SUCCESSFUL MONEYGRAB FROM DEVS
  45. Sep 17, 2014
    DO NOT TRY THIS GAME, YOU WILL DIE TO GAME/GLITCHES. POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME OF 2014. DO NOT PLAY. DO NOT PAY TO PLAY. DONT EVEN PLAY IF YOU'RE FREE. THIS GAME IS NOT WORTH IT. THIS GAME IS 100% PAY TO WIN
  46. Sep 18, 2014
    It was upfront about being mainly a Pay 2 win. So I won't call bs on that.

I will call bs on the 10 hour que days after launch.

Dev's are unhelpful, obviously can't count, and in now way interact with their player base.

I doubt this game will survive the massive load issues it has.
  47. Sep 17, 2014
    As a founder who played in alpha, closed and open beta, and was there for both the headstart and launch I would like to give my opinion. I will split it into two, as this game deserves two different aspects:

The game itself - An amazing game with a lot of potential, and even now it has some qualities that might not be completely innovative for the genre, but the developer truly invested and gave it thought.
    The graphics - Very well made for a MMO (especially a few years old, it is only newly published in EU and NA now). There are some quirks and glitches, especially when switching characters and the occasional choppy fps on heavier settings, but all in all I have very few complaints. 8/10

Sound - Nothing special, some background music that changes when you go into combat mode, sounds are quite nice and ok. Nothing fancy, but not lacking in my opinion. 8/10

Gameplay - The game itself does not have any "unique" new and unseen features, but it combines many that have not been combined before. The character progression is extremely varied and feels almost like a game by itself. You can choose 3 out of 10 skill sets, and then use skill points to unlock skills within them. You can easily change between the sets, and reset skill points to respec at any point you want. This leads to amazing flexibility, only limited by what items you have. That leaves you with amazing number of "classes" to go for, not all of them viable - but a lot are, and allows your creativity of what you REALLY want to play. The combat is very tradition target skill oriented, but nothing bad about it and it is done very smoothly (although if you lag you are at a disadvantage - but that is true for many MMO's).

End game - The PVE content is not as awesome or amazing as you might find in other MMO's, but the other aspects are great. You can decide you want to be a trader and utilize special haulers or ships, you can be a pirate, you can glide on your enemies as they approach your shores. What you can really do is truly only limited by your dedication and imagination.

That leads me to the sore spot that makes me give Archeage a low score - the publisher.
    Trion was given (or they bought, it doesn't matter much) a game of vast potential that can only grow with further patches and good community - and they have made every mistake in the book. Hell, they probably invented new ones.

The alpha was quite good, the closed betas were also going fine (they are alpha and betas, so for testing purposes) and by the open beta it seemed like they mostly know what they are doing.
    When head start happened there were crashes, lag, bugs, and the thing that ruined the whole appeal of the game - queue. As head start progressed so did the queue. After 3-4pm you had to wait at least 30 minutes, if you only logged later at rush hours it was at least 2 hours. Many, and me among them, could hardly play the game during head start.
    At the end of the head start they released more servers (making the head start completely pointless), and then more on release (further mocking the founder community). As of today, after release, the queues stand on 2-4 hours, depending on server, during rush hours. On earlier times that used to be free of queue you still need to wait for 1 hour.

Another horrible aspect - the publisher - Trion, has been ignoring the community all this time. Barely any announcements, no forum discussions - nothing.

This, my fellow gamers, is an example of a very good MMO that will disappear very quickly, unless something will be done. The game in the current state is unplayable (unless you consider a 2-4 hour wait in the evening when you can actually play decent).
    When the publisher will get a grip, or players will leave the game to the point where there are no queues, or tolerable ones, I will change my score. This is a 8.5-9/10 game that is dropped to 2-3 simply because of horrible management. If you want to play follow the state and join when you can play, you won't be disappointed.
  48. Sep 16, 2014
    The game is alright, the devs suck dick, they refused to listen to the subscribing playerbase and broke the TOS of their own sale of the "Founders package" during the headstart. We couldn't play due to their lack of servers and server stability, they blamed this on a "DDOS" attack (right before 6:00pm PDT *Clockout time*) and sure enough, no word at all until monday, when they added ONEThe game is alright, the devs suck dick, they refused to listen to the subscribing playerbase and broke the TOS of their own sale of the "Founders package" during the headstart. We couldn't play due to their lack of servers and server stability, they blamed this on a "DDOS" attack (right before 6:00pm PDT *Clockout time*) and sure enough, no word at all until monday, when they added ONE server *they needed at least 3, we warned them since the second closed beta, and they had an accurate count of how many founders would be in the CB*

Next problem: Since only select people could get into the game and play without the constant disconnecting the guilds and gaming communities had an advantage on the land grab, they just alt farmed up some starting currency and 90% of the land in the game was gone within the first 30 hours. Some players were able to gloat on how they had 20+ houses, reserved for their **** guildmates.

Next Problem: Founder pack and daru chest duping, the guild's knew they could duplicate items from the get go, this helped them grab the land fast, and was Trion's responsibility.

Low and behold, Trion fixed their servers stability and increased them a lot (3 on US and a few on EU) RIGHT before the F2P open beta launched.

Oh right, and they opened new servers, so the F2P community could patron up and have a better chance at land than we did due to the server fix. No transfers were allowed, and if your character is lvl 10 or so, it takes 24 hours to delete him so you can start on a new server (2 characters MAX in the entire game without a character expansion)

No explanations or **** were given by Trion, refunds were denied, still no word on compensation for the time wasted.

I spent 150 usd, I received 15 hours of what was supposed to be a 96 hour headstart, now I'm stuck with a house in a god damn pvp zone *As a healer* and no room for a med-large farm.

Trion wasted my weekend, will I still play archeage? Yes, will I be going F2P? Yes if they don't compensate those who were sold a damaged good.

0/10,

Reason?

If you can't play the game, how can you rate it well?
  49. Sep 17, 2014
    Founders bought access to a 'head start', which Trion advertised as one of the main benefits. That meant 4 days of play on the launch servers before others. No, it was plagued with problems, people got 2 at best, and then Trion added extra servers on launch that completely negated it anyway. Biggest scam I've seen in any game. Be wary of this company.
  50. Sep 17, 2014
    -- Sandbox skills you can mix and match 3 styles of abilities (melee, archer, healer, caster, etc...)
    -- Interactive world: hunt, gather, fight, piracy, build a home, farm, etc... -- The game world is huge... or so I've been told -- YOU CAN BE A PIRATE WITH A SHIP Negative: -- A ridiculously long log-in queue, 4 hours for me so far, others have experienced 6-8 hours --
    -- Interactive world: hunt, gather, fight, piracy, build a home, farm, etc...
    -- The game world is huge... or so I've been told
    -- YOU CAN BE A PIRATE WITH A SHIP

-- (in my opinion) A rediculously poor server plan, a lot of money was generated by the alpha stage buy-in.... but with millions of dollars, Trion failed to secure enough servers to handle the mass influx of players. The MMORPG genre is a huge community of people (look at WoW), when releasing a game that looks as epic as ArcheAge... you should expect to be required to host a game for Millions of people, not half a million (best guess).
    -- 24 hours since installing Archeage: (2 hours trying to authenticate account) (1 hour of game play) (6 hours of maintance downtime) (7 hours total of ridiculous queue time with a fluctuating queue number)

I'm not holding my breath, but IF they fix their queue issues, I wil be a happier gamer.
  51. Sep 17, 2014
    9/16/2014 was a sad sad day in my life as I decided to pay for patron status. I was left 4k+ position in queue and still waiting (It's been over 3 hours). This is unjust and I've requested a full refund. I'm never going to play this game solely based on the fact that Trion **** up.
  52. Sep 17, 2014
    Totally screwed over the founders by offering better rewards and clean servers after the launch was over. Launch + has been plagued by excessive queues, excessive disconnects, and no response from Trion despite over 2,000 angry founders. Trust is non-existent at this point. Could be a fun game if you can get on, stay on, and play for free... if I had it to do over I would not have givenTotally screwed over the founders by offering better rewards and clean servers after the launch was over. Launch + has been plagued by excessive queues, excessive disconnects, and no response from Trion despite over 2,000 angry founders. Trust is non-existent at this point. Could be a fun game if you can get on, stay on, and play for free... if I had it to do over I would not have given them my money. Expand
  53. Sep 18, 2014
    Another boring p2w mmorpg. I have played it for two days, I made 25lvl and I quited because I was so bored with this game. If you are f2p player you are restricted in almost everything. You wont have "labor" to even open coin purses, so you can only dream of crafting/gathering.
    Avoid at all cost.
  54. Sep 17, 2014
    The game itself is amazing... sadly however that isn't enough. Trions handling of it has been a total and utter failure. The que times vary between 45 minutes to 2 hours, Founders who have paid $150.00 have still not received their items, Random DCs are still a major issue (goes hand in hand with que times), Bugs that were known during alpha and beta are still present in game.

All of

All of the listed above problems would be tolerable if Trion would communicate with it's player base but in true "Beginners Mistakes" they are not. Their large "paying" player base is left in the dark and the F2P players are getting tossed around.

Have to say this is yet another amazing game being handled by an unqualified company.
  55. Sep 17, 2014
    4 hour queue time even with patron status. Are you kidding me? The only way they would have been able to avoid this problem is by providing enough servers at the beginning of early access. Instead they provided us with 6 servers that filled up instantly. If you can even get on one of the servers all of the land is already taken. It will take a long time for this game to recover from4 hour queue time even with patron status. Are you kidding me? The only way they would have been able to avoid this problem is by providing enough servers at the beginning of early access. Instead they provided us with 6 servers that filled up instantly. If you can even get on one of the servers all of the land is already taken. It will take a long time for this game to recover from this botched launch.

So much potential wasted.
  56. Sep 19, 2014
    Game looks interesting when you can get in after 3 to 4 hours of waiting. But if you work this just isn't possible to do. Wasted money on a product I can't even use and would love to be able to turn the clock back and stay far away from Archeage.

Gold sellers flooding the chat and AFK toons riding their horses around in circles make the experience nothing short of a three ring circus if you do get in.

Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere for your MMO fix.
  57. Sep 17, 2014
    My impressions are from beta, as I have been unable to log in since launch; unwilling to wait hours in a queue. Given we are several generations in on MMOs now this really isn't acceptable.

Combat is tab-targeted. Quests are uninspiring. The attractiveness of the game is the open world "sandbox" - ish environment. Most of these tasks are parsed by labor tokens that are earned while logged in (or offline for patrons) Land and crafting have huge significance for this game and most of the land has already been snatched up by those with early access.

As I mentioned - big launch problems. Save yourself the frustration and pass on this one. It might be worth visiting a few months from now but honestly, given my beta impressions, I'm not really all that disappointed to wait.
  58. Sep 18, 2014
    I bought this **** game 4 days before Release (Those founderhitpackage) and i was able to play it for 2 evenings, out of 7. Hour long queue all the **** time. Im so outraged, Trion can shove my money up their ass, im done with this piece of **** i dont even want to play it anymore. Every evening the same, i log in and want to play, 2-4 hour queue, i ragequit. The stuff i have seen so farI bought this **** game 4 days before Release (Those founderhitpackage) and i was able to play it for 2 evenings, out of 7. Hour long queue all the **** time. Im so outraged, Trion can shove my money up their ass, im done with this piece of **** i dont even want to play it anymore. Every evening the same, i log in and want to play, 2-4 hour queue, i ragequit. The stuff i have seen so far (LVL25) was pure themeparkgrinding. Kill 5 of that, farm 10 of this... 95% of the quests are like that. The story is plain boring. Stay away from this, invest the bugs to a better game. Expand
  59. Sep 17, 2014
    Trion Worlds offer you x1 Apple for 150$ while offer others x3 apples for the same 150$.
    2hours Queue all day long, managment never replay forum, 0 respect for founders.

many things should fixed ASAP...
  60. Sep 16, 2014
    The design and gameplay of this game is fantastic and I have loved it while I played it. It is unfortunate that they have essentially scammed their original player base who purchased Founders packages during Alpha and Beta. The promised early access period leading up to launch was riddled with bugs and long queue times on every server. Only one of the days went by without seriousThe design and gameplay of this game is fantastic and I have loved it while I played it. It is unfortunate that they have essentially scammed their original player base who purchased Founders packages during Alpha and Beta. The promised early access period leading up to launch was riddled with bugs and long queue times on every server. Only one of the days went by without serious issues, and they failed to deliver the item packages and 'Patron' status to the people who paid.
    Now they've launched and their pre-existing issues have only gotten worse. Queues above an hour, more bugs with Patron status, and to top it all off they've released new item packages which are better value but priced at the same tiers as the Founders packages. It was an incredible slap in the face to the people who have spent money on the game's offerings only days and weeks before. There has been no communication, mind you, about any of this or promises to fix things other than to acknowledge a few of the bugs.

I can recommend playing this game because it is simply great. I can't recommend giving this developer/publisher any of your money though. They have only disappointed so far.
  61. Sep 17, 2014
    As many have said, Trion is doing it wrong. They are abusing their customer base and taking the easy way out. Responses to any problem have been generic and the fixes are a show of how little they care. Founders have gotten screwed. Just look on the forums. Launch day a poll came out asking if founders were screwed and in one day have 2k yes votes.

Housing is going to be a joke. As a

Housing is going to be a joke. As a patron on day one I've not been able to do much more than level as all of the land was already gone before the game launched.

Wow so the founders really got what they deserved in a headstart? No. Quite a few founders were given more resources than others, while others had an almost impossible time logging in. Which lead to people hording land they didn't earn by ANY means, that includes in game and out of game currency... some people were basically handed land because of trion handing out too many resources to the wrong people.
  62. Sep 17, 2014
    Aside from spending 8 hours fighting with Glyph and finding a way to fix the countless errors that popped up during my two fruitless attempts to reinstall the game (Which both took 3 hours each.) The two hour+ long queue is fantastic. I could not be more satisfied.
    Oh, and the reports about paying to win seem lovely as well.
    Very good call on your part, Trion. You'd think they'd have
    Oh, and the reports about paying to win seem lovely as well.
    Very good call on your part, Trion.
    You'd think they'd have things sorted out BEFORE they released the game to the public.
  63. Sep 16, 2014
    This game has a big giant PAY TO WIN stamp all over it. This may work for some people but it certainly doesn't work for me. There is a whole host of problems, the game basically was not ready for launch. The developers also seem to have a bad habit of pulling the wool over the eyes of those who already spent money on the game. A lot of unhappy folks at the moment.
  64. Sep 17, 2014
    Ok looking game without any voice overs (when they have it, you wish they didnt), almost as bad voice over as FFXIV. Game has a lot of potential, speciall because of their trade/crafting system.

However, kill 10 rats quests and awfull handling by Trion makes this game a big no no. Long queues (8 hours + ), people playing for stuff and not getting it (dont spend any money, there is a big chance you'll just get robbed), no communication with community and complete lack of disrespect. They even got their founders (people that played during beta) scammed by adding "starter packs" better than founders.
  65. Sep 17, 2014
    The publisher is trion. Need I say more? People who paid for the founder pack got screwed, they already introduced a pack with the same price and better benefits, you'll wait 6 hours in a queue just to get disconnected with 5 minutes left. I wanted to play archeage, and I wanted to play it a lot. The fact that Trion published the game for EU/US decimated me. They are, without a doubt,The publisher is trion. Need I say more? People who paid for the founder pack got screwed, they already introduced a pack with the same price and better benefits, you'll wait 6 hours in a queue just to get disconnected with 5 minutes left. I wanted to play archeage, and I wanted to play it a lot. The fact that Trion published the game for EU/US decimated me. They are, without a doubt, the EA of the MMO world. Defiance? Hands down worst MMO I've ever played. Rift? Not terrible, but the F2P model could be a lot better. Trion's support? Rude beyond belief. You'll get banned for weeks/months for saying something "rude" (no cursing, just rude), support reps will insult you and threaten to ban you if you contact them again, and Trion is just about the most money hungry, big game publishing company there is. I highly doubt this game will get any better. Expand
  66. Sep 16, 2014
    bait and switch mmo,awefull customer service the game itself isnt too bad although alot changed from early access,its free to play but youll end up putting lots of cash into this game regardless,cant see this game holding a healthy population for more than 6 months to a year.
  67. Dec 23, 2014
    To sum Archeage up in a few sentences, there were naysayers back before the game even launched that predicted a few things. It really wasn't a prediction as what's happened was a sheer given..

- Cash shop dominated game - Pay to Win game - Destroyed economy - No end game - Bot & Gold spammer infested (Trion can't do anything) - Griefers going beyond the call of duty by using

- Cash shop dominated game
    - Pay to Win game
    - Destroyed economy
    - No end game
    - Bot & Gold spammer infested (Trion can't do anything)
    - Griefers going beyond the call of duty by using exploits to grief (Trion unbans them after 24hrs)
    - Innocents getting banned due to poor detection methods

It's basically Diablo 3 when it was tanking but with a far worse end game.

If there was a game of the century to avoid, folks, it's this one. Do not touch this one with a 10 ft pole. If you know people playing it (like I did), do everything in your power to get them to quit (like I did).
  68. Sep 16, 2014
    All I have to say is if you read the details about owning a house and such, do not get into this game. Land is very limited and though a very few say they have seen land open, many players have not. You will be required to wait a min. of 2 weeks to get land, at which point thousands of other players will be vying for that same piece of land, and since there is a time on when the landAll I have to say is if you read the details about owning a house and such, do not get into this game. Land is very limited and though a very few say they have seen land open, many players have not. You will be required to wait a min. of 2 weeks to get land, at which point thousands of other players will be vying for that same piece of land, and since there is a time on when the land dies out, everyone will know when to get ready, so it will be a luck shot if you grab a piece.

Questing is questing. No good or bad.
    Trading..You will more than likely need a farm....Good luck, land as stated above is a problem.
  69. Sep 16, 2014
    You can see the paid 10/10 reviews. Nice.

I'll just address a few of the issues that this game has. First, the servers. Both the Korean and Russian had 20 or more different servers due to how land is handled. People can setup farms (paid players only) to grow materials or create crafting benches. Trion however, set up only five servers for each region. Five for NA, five for
    You can see the paid 10/10 reviews. Nice.

I'll just address a few of the issues that this game has.

First, the servers. Both the Korean and Russian had 20 or more different servers due to how land is handled. People can setup farms (paid players only) to grow materials or create crafting benches. Trion however, set up only five servers for each region. Five for NA, five for Europe. This meant that there was a huge log in queue even before the game opened up to the F2P players. Patron players are supposed to be placed in a priority queue, but when the game has only five servers full of Patrons, there will be a queue. Many patrons sat in queue for upwards of 6 or even 12 hours, and were unable to play. Many managed to log in, and then get randomly disconnected as well.

Second, was the patron item bundles, which included gold and gilda stars. Both are the in game currencies. Everyone was to receive one pack to their account, which contained items as well as gold. However, Trion somehow sent some people more than one pack. Due to massive currency inflation, the game's economy was ruined before the official launch date. There were people with multiple plots of land, which they were then reselling for more gold.

Third was the issue of communication. People sent in support tickets as some patrons did not get all the items out of their packs, such as the title or gold and so on. Instead of someone reading their message, they were given a generic message stating that founders packs are being sent out and how to find them.

Fourth, a fair bit of the content is still not localized or properly optimized. People with top of the line GPUs complain about textures not loading, and the game is prone to memory leaks regardless of what settings you run it at or the specs you have. Some content such as NPC dialog is still in Korean.

Fifth, botting. Bots can do everything, they can gather resources, maintain a farm, and even do trade runs for gold. Spam bots are also rampant, because Trion relies on Hackshield (which is more than a decade old and doesn't stop much). The way a spambot works is that when you block one, you block the name. The spambot just needs to go and delete the character, which causes everyone who had the spambot blocked to unblock him, as that name is no longer claimed. All the spambot does now is remake a character with the exact same name, and repeat.

How Trion handled all this.

Trion launched the headstart on the 12th, and then that was pretty much it. Trion was absent the entire weekend from the 12th till the 15th. On the 15th, response was limited, and Trion resumed operation on the 16th, the day the headstart ended and the game launched.

Patron's who paid for the headstart were ignored. The economy inflation was ignored. Communication has been scarce. And on the day of launch, three more servers were added to NA, bringing it up to a total of eight servers. Which did nothing for the patron queue, and those who were trying to play the game for free were out of lucky, some have been in queue for 12 hours.

Server queues are still rampant. This is because they did not expect a need for so many servers, despite the Korean and Russian versions having 20+ servers.

The economy is a wreck, those with gold bought up plots of land which they are reselling. Trion is not interested in addressing this issue.

Communication is still lackluster. Trion will instead post happy pictures of their employees with junk food, but not respond to any complaints or issues people have.

As for both optimization and localization, it's still 'in the works' Textures don't load, and dialog from NPCs is still in Korean, and there is no estimate of when it will be fixed. Dialog will probably come first, as Trion's staff has not changed anything in terms of optimization since the start of 2014.

Finally botting. Trion will rely on hackshield which did nothing in both the alpha and beta. Reporting a bot however, is grounds for a ban as Trion feels that there can't be so many bots, especially in the chat or in resource rich areas. If a person reports too many bots, they can be banned.

Thoughts

Trion managed to take a decent F2P and make it pay to win. However they also managed to make it very tedious and tiresome to play the game, even for patron players, maintaining a farm or gathering feel very tedious. The economy being ruined on day one meant that trading and selling is not working. During both alpha and beta, the players informed Trion of issues, which were ignored.

In Closing

It's a bit of a sandbox, but the sand is more akin to kitty litter. Yes you can sculpt and make castles out of the 'sand', but it smells a bit funny and it's oddly clumping. You can play with it, but please don't eat any of it, and wash your hands after touching it. Then when you realize what you've done, you'll be filled with regret. Then you realize what those clumps are...
  70. Sep 16, 2014
    All feelings aside, The game I gave a 9/10. Combat is fun, PvP is amazing, and best of all, do what you want.

The devs themselves I give a 0/10. I am a $150 founder only to get a kick in the privits due to TRION wanting to rake in as much cash as possible. The original founders packs were nothing compared to the new starter packs, the server issues... well, that is just another story.

I will keep this short and simple, great game, bad dev company. I do not recommend you support these money hungry devs. D3 is still by far the worst launch I have ever experienced, but this one comes so close to it. 4-Day head start I only played for 1 day and BAM.. launch happened thanks to the "DDoS" excuse and the 9hr que.

Overall, 0/10. Just wait for Soul Blade or something else. I won't even get started in the P2W market they have. Not as bad as Warframe, but like I said, they are trying hard.
  71. Sep 16, 2014
    There are basically 2 groups here, those that lucked out and got in and got land during the head start, then there is everybody else.

Far too many problems to list, just visit the forums and i'll paint an accurate picture. Lets just say there are a lot of people screaming "refund" at the moment after buying founders packs. The game overall is filled with far too many greedy and

The game overall is filled with far too many greedy and ignorant people.
  72. Sep 17, 2014
    This game was on the right track, and then nose dived. If you are going to release a founder's program, you need to be able to allow them to play. Servers queues, laggy worlds, and not enough land for founder's to use to enjoy their perks means you are losing a lot of value for your money. Its honestly better to be a free to play, and ignore the perks you wouldn't get even if you did pay.This game was on the right track, and then nose dived. If you are going to release a founder's program, you need to be able to allow them to play. Servers queues, laggy worlds, and not enough land for founder's to use to enjoy their perks means you are losing a lot of value for your money. Its honestly better to be a free to play, and ignore the perks you wouldn't get even if you did pay. Rather disappointing. They did say they were DDoS'd, but they also rolled two servers out immediately after the attack, which goes to show you that the DDoS wasn't fully the reason, otherwise there was no good call for more servers. Expand
  73. Sep 17, 2014
    If you could play this game (being for 5 hours on queue as a f2p player is not fun) you would realize this game isn't really f2p anyway... you can't even use the auction house without paying some money and yes you can buy patron status through ingame gold but with severe limitations to make gold (low labour points and only while online and can't sell items on the auction house) making theIf you could play this game (being for 5 hours on queue as a f2p player is not fun) you would realize this game isn't really f2p anyway... you can't even use the auction house without paying some money and yes you can buy patron status through ingame gold but with severe limitations to make gold (low labour points and only while online and can't sell items on the auction house) making the money for TWO apex (gives 1250 credits each and patron status costs 2300 credits) at 50g/each is really not possible without help.

The real problem is you CAN'T buy the auction licence with gold... so you're totally gimped and excluded from the economy... tried shouting my goods for hours undercutting the auction house and no one was interested.

This game may not be pay to win but it surely is pay to play... at least a minimum... you can't have everything just playing... you can't even complete the scarecrow quest ffs. This + 5 hours queues and motivation to afk ingame is what breaks completely the experience and is what they should have changed to make it more appealing to a west audience. Maybe on korea a lot of people can't afk because they go to cafés but here we all have pcs... so give me a break and fix this **** refund all money or just scrap it all and re launch it.
  74. Sep 16, 2014
    Pay2Win PVP ganking and zergfest with systems designed around farming free players. Terrible implementation of Free2Play systems, has subscription which gives major advantages in game and a pay2win cash shop on top of that.
  75. Sep 17, 2014
    The game was fun on beta till launch in eu.5k queue time and 8 hours wait time just to get on server is not acceptable.And trion is doing nothing to fix it seems.
  76. Sep 16, 2014
    The only thing I can say about this game is wasted potential, so much wasted potential.

It took the Diablo 3 route, the bigger the credit card, the bigger the advantage. Not for me. Good look at the forums, it's nothing but a stream of negativity.
  77. Sep 16, 2014
    When this game was in Alpha ( patch 1.0 i think it was ) this game had potential to being a great hit. However, come future patches the direction of the game became very clear. Changing elements of the game shaped around their marketplace. Labor points became more restrictive and varied crafting elements became disciplined tailored around their marketplace. Labor Pots/crafting mats.When this game was in Alpha ( patch 1.0 i think it was ) this game had potential to being a great hit. However, come future patches the direction of the game became very clear. Changing elements of the game shaped around their marketplace. Labor points became more restrictive and varied crafting elements became disciplined tailored around their marketplace. Labor Pots/crafting mats.

With the numerous issues with the launch and money grab-ish shenanigans Trion has portrayed with this game. I cannot recommend this game to anyone. I only wish I could of only got a refund on my $150 founders pack when i had the chance. :( . Never buying a trion game again
  78. Sep 16, 2014
    The game has potential, but anyone who spends money on it right now is nuts.

Headstart was a debacle. It was as though Trion had never released a game before. Now, at launch, queues are hours long before they don't have enough 1) servers; or 2) capacity on a given server. Add in problems that drop you out of the game or out of queue, and it is a recipe for aggravation. Early levels,
    The game has potential, but anyone who spends money on it right now is nuts.

Early levels, if you can get in, are grindy, and the quests are uninspiring. There are problems with multiple people turning in quests to a quest giver, so there are lines in games with people waiting their turn to talk to the quest giver. Long lines. There was a problem with the mob tag mechanic, where only the first hit gave credit, so people had trouble finishing what they needed to (this may be fixed; when I get out of queue I'll find out). These are ten year old MMO mechanic problems that other games have worked out.

Housing is a big draw, but a lot of the available on land on the servers is already gone.

Some elements are closer to pay-to-win than I'd like (you can Google search it, so I won't rehash that).

If you can get in, and if you can stick it out through the uninspired low level play and boring quest implementation, you can get to some cool PVP, crafting, trading, running a ship, etc. There's an interesting justice system as well.

As I said, the core is there to have a good game. Right now, it's a bit of a mess and not something you want to spend anything on. If you want to play, go f2p and do that until things level off and you can see what the state of the game is.
  79. Sep 19, 2014
    stupid publsiher trion ruined this game so bad. its just freaking stupid. fcking brainless trion fck you fck you fck youu for every mistake you made fck uuuuuuu
  80. Sep 16, 2014
    Servers were stable, queues not too long. Got my house, and even if I hadn't, the PVP is fun and there's plenty of things to do. There have been some rough patches, but these have been due to crybabies DDOSing the servers because they had to wait in a queue/couldn't get their perfect pvp safezone housing. Clearly if I spend $150 dollars, I deserve preferential treatment over other peopleServers were stable, queues not too long. Got my house, and even if I hadn't, the PVP is fun and there's plenty of things to do. There have been some rough patches, but these have been due to crybabies DDOSing the servers because they had to wait in a queue/couldn't get their perfect pvp safezone housing. Clearly if I spend $150 dollars, I deserve preferential treatment over other people who spent $150, right?

If your bread and butter is theme park MMOs, avoid this title. There's a questline that will take you to 50, but it's only there to get you to 50 easily. The real meat and potatoes of this game is PVP, and an extensive player economy based on player crafting and farming. If you want to participate in the latter half, don't pretend this is a free to play game and then complain when you can't do it. If you participate in the former, enjoy a great free to play pvp game.
  81. Sep 16, 2014
    No initial server pboelsm (besides the DDOS attacks) and a lot of new stuff that hasn't been seen in previous MMORPG's... definetely a game to try out
  82. Nov 25, 2014
    Heavily (heavily) pay2win, endless exploits and dupes.
    Promising sandbox but since they made all the traderoutes safezone there is no actual world pvp to speak of, people just play farmville in pve zones instead.
  83. Dec 5, 2014
    Game is good, but Trion publishing it is like taking a dump on a wedding cake. To fix this game, Trion must claim bankruptcy and its employees who condoned P2Y policies must kill themselves.
  84. Dec 1, 2014
    Well Trion/XL Games have reached a new low with "Archeage the Disaster". ALL Servers have been down or soo laggy that its virtually unplayable for 26 hours and counting and over 1000 pages of complaints on the Official forum for this one issue.

Not to mention the HUGE amount of hacking, cheating, bots (spam and gold) 3-10+ HOURs Queue lines to even login (That is at most times, not

Not to mention the HUGE amount of hacking, cheating, bots (spam and gold)
    3-10+ HOURs Queue lines to even login (That is at most times, not just now) and MASSIVE Bans being handed out, etc....

The list of problems is HUGE with this game and sad because the gameplay is good IF and I mean IF you can tolerate all of the above current problems.

Its basically a badly orchestrated Money-Grab and currently. RIGHTLY, deserves its name as "Trash Age!"
  85. Nov 7, 2014
    Bots/hackers EVERYWHERE avoid this **** at all cost folks.They can teleport all over the map to steal land this is just amazing failure.Economy totaly ruined they dont do nothing.Massive P2W cash grab get ready to spend thousand of cash to get good gear.Simply the worst fail EVER in MMO history no joke.
  86. Nov 21, 2014
    WalletAge
    I really hoped I will enjoy this game much. Really. Even though the evangelist group in our country (started to play AA in Korea and evangelize it in our players community) decided not to play Trion version.
    After two months of doubts I took the calculator. How long you must be off to have max labors? 3.5 days How long on (without spending any labor away)? 1 day 18 hours
    WalletAge

After two months of doubts I took the calculator.

How long you must be off to have max labors? 3.5 days
    How long on (without spending any labor away)? 1 day 18 hours (1.75 day)
    How long it can take to spend all labors from max? 1-2 hours

My first MMO where are very hardly handicapped not only F2P but also subs players. Disaster.
  87. Nov 26, 2014
    This game asks for a large investment of time, with a promise of great reward. Most who play this game will never find that reward; I suspect those who do attain great kingdoms of bits, will realize it wasn't worth months of their life in attaining.
  88. Nov 29, 2014
    After nearly twenty years of playing MMOs, I regret to say Archeage is the worst I have ever played. While all games experience mishaps, bugs, and cheaters at some point in their life, AA is so full of these problems that the game is barely playable in a long-term sense.

The AA forums had a thread chronicling these problems--over thirty serious, debilitating problems--in just the first few months; and of course this thread was deleted. Innocent players are banned, while guilty players run impunity. Players are leaving in mass, and empty cities and trade runs have replaced the previously everyday server ques. Only the innocent and hopeful remain.

Sadly, the developers seem to have no intention on addressing these problems, but instead continue to intentionally add to the chaos, by introducing item after item in the cash shop, and thus invalidating previous hard work by dedicated players.

Like many others, I started out optimistic, then shifted to dealing and coping with the many many issues, and only too late accepted the truth. This game was a lie from the start, and the only smart move is to cut one's losses and move on as soon as you can.
  89. Dec 18, 2014
    There are a lot of interesting ideas in this game, but they've been very poorly implemented. This is made worse by the fact that botting and hacking are rampant.

I regret buying the founders pack because now there are better items available that cost less (not that I would recommend spending money on this). Here's my main gripes: 1. Support from Trion is bad. 2. Finding open land is

Here's my main gripes:
    1. Support from Trion is bad.
    2. Finding open land is nigh impossible.
    3. Hackers/botters
    4. Quests are mindless
    5. Scamming is encouraged by the developer

I still gave it 1 point since the boats are cool.
  90. Dec 21, 2014
    I can also confirm what realitycheckxer is saying. There are clearly individuals in the game who clearly know people at Trion and are receiving special treatment. Aside from them outright bragging about it, their antics in-game without ban are crystal clear about this. Sorcerer is one of them.

Further to add to the problems in the game, in-game GM's are known to abuse their power by spawning items for players to keep that aren't even in the game yet. This has happened on dozens of occasions.

If there is ever a game to avoid, this is it.
  91. Nov 19, 2014
    Bad game, dated combat system, no endgame content at all, dungeons are simplistic and buged, no raids, arena 1x1 totaly unbalanced, 5x5 too, cant even call that a battlegound.

Typical asian grinding and RNG, dont waste your time.
  92. Oct 29, 2014
    The game in Alpha with a controlled amount of players was awesome.
    The game at release is a poorly designed and planned mess.
    Don't even think about joining now if you hope to get some land and a house. Bots, cheaters and zerg groups rule the game, honest players are screwed. To make it short... avoid this game like the plague, and wait if the developers eventually fix the flaws,
    The game in Alpha with a controlled amount of players was awesome.
    The game at release is a poorly designed and planned mess.
    Don't even think about joining now if you hope to get some land and a house.
    Bots, cheaters and zerg groups rule the game, honest players are screwed.

To make it short... avoid this game like the plague, and wait if the developers eventually fix the flaws, which I believe is impossible.
  93. Nov 18, 2014
    Best Pay2Win simulator you can ever get. When you get in the game forces you to PAY. You can't craft, you can't farm, you can't build a house without subscribe. Don't pay any penny on this game unless you are Chinese gold farmer.
  94. Nov 19, 2014
    Pay to the actual win. Welcome to the meta of unfair advantages in pvp, insane power scaling with absolutely no way to fight someone equal to you in terms of pure stats. It is absolutely pure who forked up the money, sold the items on the AH and bought the best weapons and best armor. Nothing else. I made it to 50, had a farm, Hell I was a guy that forked up the 150 dollars. I was one ofPay to the actual win. Welcome to the meta of unfair advantages in pvp, insane power scaling with absolutely no way to fight someone equal to you in terms of pure stats. It is absolutely pure who forked up the money, sold the items on the AH and bought the best weapons and best armor. Nothing else. I made it to 50, had a farm, Hell I was a guy that forked up the 150 dollars. I was one of those guys that wrecked everyone underneath him with his full craft, top tier gear and I tried once playing on an alt without any of that. Even cheating by giving my alt money from my main I had insane problems with making any progress whatsoever, and every day at level 50 felt like there was no game there. There just wasnt anything for me to do, or to progress even with a guild. The game is stomp people for fun at the end by waving your money in their face. Thats all you have to look forward to in this missed opportunity of a game. Expand
  95. Nov 7, 2014
    What Is Archeage?
    ArcheAge is a FREE 2 PLAY (F2P) game, designed mostly for PVP. The game is made by Trion,the company who made RIFT. The game contains amazing graphics.(Cry-engine 3). ArcheAge allows players to do anything they'd like, for example: claiming land, being a merchant, and especially being a fighter.
    *Side Note: No ArcheAge is not a p2w game (pay 2 win). it is a completely
    What Is Archeage?
    *Side Note: No ArcheAge is not a p2w game (pay 2 win). it is a completely free game.

ArcheAge is perhaps one of the worst games you can find out there when it comes to PVP. The system is very unbalanced, due to the amount of stuns players get (AKA CC?) resulting in users unable to fight back, meaning a guarantee lost. Forcing friends to group together in order to survive, in other words forming guilds.

ArcheAge is a Sandbox genre game, meaning that you are free to do anything you'd like. Such as killing other people, stealing merchant goods, fighting in war, etc. With the amount of places you can travel, making it the perfect sandbox game.

ArcheAge contains thousands, if not millions of bots roaming around the server. Stealing land from other players (of course players who payed $15), making the Premium Service or Patron Status, not worth it. In fact the chances of even gaining a land spot is below 8%. Bots also advertise on the faction/nation chat every 3 minutes, meaning that players have to block them every 3 minutes which distracts players when playing the game.

ArcheAge contains possibly one of the worst economy, prices inflate and deflate each day. Weapons can go up to 15 gold, and later in the next day it can become at least 50, or maybe 4.

ArcheAge has many server issues, for example the Conquest of Auroria has crashed an estimate of 20000 players of each server. The Queue is also a problem, once very while players will be waiting in a 1-hour long line of players trying to log in.

ArcheAge contains a bad chat system, in these public chats players are always talking over each other, meaning that those who try to ask for help have to wait a long time. Leading them to the customer support center, which is also not satisfying either.

The customer support of ArcheAge should only be used as a last resource in my opinion. Workers of Trion often do little to no help at all for users.

Overall: 3/10
  96. Nov 21, 2014
    Having spent over 2 months straight playing Archeage I have seen the good, bad and ugly side of XL games product and how Trion have stumbled in the door in claims of managing the title. I used the word stumbling, because it looks like they can't even pick themselves up once they have fallen, launch bugs were just the beginning with patron going out to F2P and P2P player which wasn'tHaving spent over 2 months straight playing Archeage I have seen the good, bad and ugly side of XL games product and how Trion have stumbled in the door in claims of managing the title. I used the word stumbling, because it looks like they can't even pick themselves up once they have fallen, launch bugs were just the beginning with patron going out to F2P and P2P player which wasn't intended. They soon after rectified the issue by completely disabling patron, but it took 11 days until I received mine, but that's just the start of Trion's disaster. It doesn't get any better when we soon after Auroria release find out that Trion don't use private test servers to test patches before release and were all locked out for 14 hours of the latest expansion, those who disconnected 15 minutes after release were able to stay in granted they didn't disconnect. NA seen the worst of that as the issue was fixed by the time EU seen Auroria release, but many and I'd say over 80% missed out on participating in crucial castle grabbing, which has a great impact on Archeage, due to been unable to log-in for 10 hours while the server was left online which is by far the biggest disappointment in Trion and another 4 while servers went offline for a hot fix.

Moving onto the game play, Archeage isn't well known for its PvE content, it's lack of effort is abysmal, but it makes up for it in other areas like crafting which will keep you hooked for hours on end as it's a true grind, world boss as-well, being apart of the main guild in Enla and having Kraken on farm status was exciting it was solid!, until we came across another bug, a severe loot bug, which made the corpses of the defeated boss unable to loot and soon after disappear, it has happen on more occasions than not and resulted us in gaining nothing, a bug like this shouldn't exist at all as it's game breaking.

The PvP is entertaining granted you are well equipped as it's a mix of paper, scissors and rock mechanics, with are very much impacted by your gear as I have solo'd 4 people at once, it's fun personally, but come late game if you didn't grind the gear train then you can be assured you won't enjoy PvP. It's nice that they are focused highly on world PvP as it's usually missed on most modern day MMO's and in a game like this it beats doing one verse one arena as Archeage's main focus is built around world PvP, so you can say balance wasn't considered which once again in this game is fine; i'm not one for normalization.

What lets Archeage down though is it's rampant blatantly obvious rampant of bugs, hacks and exploits. There's a range from teleportation, no fall damage to gold generating hacks and APEX/ RNG chest exploits which have been around since launch and only become aware of by Trion with-in the last week, the economy is ruined beyond repair.

Fortunately this has been the only Trion published game I have played, but it will most definitely be the last. Having stated all the issues with Trion's/XL games Archeage you are made feeling like you're dealing with Infestation's SS Hammer point all over again and it makes you glad were put in the hands of known companies like EA/Ubisoft.

Leaving advice is it isn't worth your time or money.

Graphics: 7/10
    Gameplay 4/10
    PvP: 9/10
    PvE 2/10
    Trion/XL games management 1/10

TL:DR Hacks, exploits, bugs, bad management all round from Trion and XL games, great PvP and abysmal PvE.
  97. Dec 11, 2014
    This game. Wow. The graphics at first make you believe this might be next gen stuff but it very quickly seems like many things are lacking depth and although they had a lot of ideas for the game they didn't deliver the goods .In a nutshell its like looking at the a beautiful trailer with castles and beautiful mountains and then you actually play the game and its nothing but a prop on aThis game. Wow. The graphics at first make you believe this might be next gen stuff but it very quickly seems like many things are lacking depth and although they had a lot of ideas for the game they didn't deliver the goods .In a nutshell its like looking at the a beautiful trailer with castles and beautiful mountains and then you actually play the game and its nothing but a prop on a stand that seems like its going to crash.

In a spam of almost 3 month, over 1000 hours, 50k gold I bought thru sites I was able to get the highest grade of weapons currently available thru crafting. Something that is almost impossible for anyone without patronage and the use of illegal sites that sells gold can get in that amount of time I got the best armor and 2H great axe, unless your ready to grind 3 months for only one piece of gear or weapon , don't brother, quest gear can be good and is aright but never comes close to crafted items, You get the feel if you aren't the monthly sub to need to pretty much only use certain classes although their endless amounts of classes unless you can top tier items which as I said is very taxing for f2p gamers, even with a sub for the game, you are climbing a mountain that XLgames only makes higher and higher for you to get what you want so you can freely and truly have the feeling that you can be anything you want to be in the game. Leveling is a joke. I hit the cap in less then a week. The grind begins when you hit max level with every skill you wish to pursue but it only turns to a chore by the fact that if you want to further develop a skill you need to send time attaining gold, problem is that the game is not even finished a third of the map wasn't done at launch, now part of it is up but only a part not all of it. Fishing is the only real way of making a profit without have to spend too much gold and time on packs and worrying about the economy which a first it sounds like a good idea have a changing economy based on the laws of supply and demand but some time is wasted on these things unless you get a merchant ship which, good luck getting without a army of people helping you, Or you buy the damn thing from someone that can. Even with all my gold this was one part that was even hard for me, but I got one in the end took 2 weeks of endless runs for the necessary items to get this damn thing. I was very happy when I did get all on my own though, only reason this game is not lower then a 4 for me is cause of the naval combat and ships that the devs actually took their time to make , sailing is fun and pirating the other continent is really fun, unless you have people from your continent pking other people of your faction which you can do in certain parts of the world that you will need to go thru in order to get most out of commerce.

To end this, the critics reviews are completely trash this is PAY TO WIN game don't let no one tell you otherwise, If you were hoping for a game where you can have fun farmvilling, you might be ok if you want to spend a little cash, but if you want to make a good PVX character forget it as I have mentioned all the p2w gamers have the land and AH and crafted items which are hard nonetheless with everything you buy to get so your stuck with a few range, sleath, aoe magic battle skills that are effective in battle, overall this game is not one to waste your time and money, this game is very incomplete and even if you play the Korean version you will see that the developers in that game which has been around longer then the NA version has the same core issues they just left the thing as is and only have added more stuff you can buy add-on for ships and new ships and a few world bosses but they don't seem to care about fixing anything. Only how they get a few more bucks off of you, so don't think they will fix the NA version either, in the story they quit at level 35, their is not conclusion at all they literally just quit the story not happens nothing at all , and the rest of the game is the same way. The only thing they managed to get right is the complex crafting systems which is the craziest I have seen in any mmo. This is Hyuna from the Callei server saying this is it for me , Black Desert is going in for closed beta, get yourself a Korean vpn so you can play it.
  98. Nov 4, 2014
    The game is about 2 things: farming and PvP. The farming is great, way better than a farming app game, provided you can find land. All available land for placing your farm was grabbed up during the first day of the headstart, leaving nothing but scraps for the majority of players. Even now that they have opened up the new continent, Auroria, all the land is grabbed up by those few who wereThe game is about 2 things: farming and PvP. The farming is great, way better than a farming app game, provided you can find land. All available land for placing your farm was grabbed up during the first day of the headstart, leaving nothing but scraps for the majority of players. Even now that they have opened up the new continent, Auroria, all the land is grabbed up by those few who were able to get past the login issues. No land means no farming. Oh, and prepare to get ganked a bunch while trying to farm, as most areas aren't safe zones. PvP and farming don't mix.

The PvP is lame as well, as you can "go pirate" and kill your own faction whenever you want. Then you just wait a minute and can un-flag yourself. Got too many crime points for killing your own faction? Drink a couple potions and those crime points are gone!

You can't trust anyone, even those on your own faction. You can't farm or level in peace, as you are forced into PvP in any zone level 30 or higher.

This game really only caters to the worst kind of PvPers. And you can't get any land to place your farms. Very poorly done.
  99. Dec 1, 2014
    Read a review of this in a Gaming magazine and decided to try it out based on that review.

I like the look of the characters, I like the look of the game. That's why it gets a three. But; in the zone I started in, there are huge numbers of high lvl players fighting right next to three of the npcs needed for the starting quests. In a starting city area, mind you. The one time I was

But; in the zone I started in, there are huge numbers of high lvl players fighting right next to three of the npcs needed for the starting quests. In a starting city area, mind you. The one time I was able to overcome the lag enough to target anything in the mob it said I had targeted a 'lvl40 practice dummy'.

What this meant was after the 4 minute process of logging into the game I had to wait another 3 to 10 minutes for actual npc characters to load. Some of them became targetable before they appeared, but others didn't.

Any quest involving a cutscene in the towns just kicks you out of the game due to the serious amount of lag. Once you get past the 4 minute login again, there is a better chance you will get to see the cutscene again.

Of course, all this is moot anyway, since the game has been down for server maintenance for the last 16 hours.

All in all, it's not something I see spending money on.
  100. Feb 20, 2015
    Wallet warrior 2.0. Got plenty of cash to spend? GET THIS GAME. Otherwise you shall be the prey of the other wallet warriors. & I don't mean small amounts of money to be good either.. if you want the best stuff in the game. Look to spend over one thousand.. Real life money. If you got that kinda cash. and for some reason need a huge online ego boost. this is the game for you.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 5, 2015
    What ArcheAge presents, past the horror of the chilling launch, is an open world full of opportunities and challenges as we have not seen for a too-long time demonstrating that the real MMORPG, those based on persistence and interaction, have not disappeared.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2014
    Don’t let your judgment be clouded by other people’s opinions influenced by terrible server problems they encountered when ArcheAge was launched. It’s a really good, beautiful game. [Dec 2014, p.76]
  3. Nov 18, 2014
    ArcheAge is one of the best free-to-play games to be released this year, with a near endless amount of content awaiting eager adventurers.