7.6

1. Jan 29, 2012
    I love everything about how this game should play. Masterful multiplayer, perfect for the 4 of us friends to enjoy together, fantastic maps/weapons/vehicles, and the best graphics to date in gaming. If I could play it all day long with friends, I probably would. But I can't. Punkbuster took me out of BF3 all this week after a known security flaw was finally abused. The awful OriginI love everything about how this game should play. Masterful multiplayer, perfect for the 4 of us friends to enjoy together, fantastic maps/weapons/vehicles, and the best graphics to date in gaming. If I could play it all day long with friends, I probably would. But I can't. Punkbuster took me out of BF3 all this week after a known security flaw was finally abused. The awful Origin web-based Steam-wannabe launching platform boots me from whatever server I'm in about once per hour. The game freezes and crashes about once per two hours, separate from Origin. The amount of deaths sustained in any 4 hour marathon play session from bugs, glitches, and most notably from hackers requires constant effort to find an enjoyable server. Nothing from EA, Dice, or punkbuster has removed the massive amount of cheating on PC play. Just look at the leaderboards Origin gives you. None are legit.

This game was going to be absolutely huge upon release. Everyone knew that. EA was going to make a fortune on this game no matter what, and their preference to take extra net income over spending a few million bucks to make this game work is very obvious. Steam anti cheat has worked properly for many years, as has their delivery system and platform. EA elected not to use that system this time around, obviously to make even more money. The cash grab that is Origin is fine, if it works properly!!! It doesn't. At all. When the gaming community hands you a billion dollars of our money, we shouldn't have to deal with such issues. We should all be talking about balancing issues, new items, new maps, how to further improve such a great release, but the only thing the BF3 forum produces is complaints of stability, complaints about hacking, complaints about bugs, etc. We are far beyond the initial release kinks that every massive selling game will endure. EA's traditional business model of spamming out a game with a higher number behind the title to make more money on the franchise continues, and I won't be suckered into buying another unless I read how stable and flawless the game is 3-6 months after release.
  2. Nov 5, 2011
    I love this game. I enjoyed BF2, and BC series. I also played BF1943. I am torn between me giving this game a 5, and 9. I decided a 9 would be deserving because I had no issues with the game WHEN it worked. And I have a blast playing it. I am not going down the list of issues because there are plenty. Origin should be optional, and it shouldn't scan a damn thing on my PC. Thankfully II love this game. I enjoyed BF2, and BC series. I also played BF1943. I am torn between me giving this game a 5, and 9. I decided a 9 would be deserving because I had no issues with the game WHEN it worked. And I have a blast playing it. I am not going down the list of issues because there are plenty. Origin should be optional, and it shouldn't scan a damn thing on my PC. Thankfully I Sandboxed it. The game is not a true true successor to BF2, and I frankly don't care. This is more of a better BC3, with some added features, and some lesser features. I want to give it 5, just for the Origin, and Battlelog crap I have to put up with. But I have a good time playing the game.......so a 9 it is. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a ton of fun and I'm enjoying it more than I ever did with COD. My and a couple of friends have been playing nightly and its a blast, there's so many epic moments. And don't listen to what critics are saying about singleplayer and bringing the score down. The fact that they even added singleplayer should be a treat enough. Battlefield is and always will be a multiplayer game.
  4. Jul 7, 2012
    This is a perfect example of a good franchise made casual. I was a big fan of the battlefield series. starting from battlefield 1942. It is clear EA has a tight grip on DICE. A month after release I might had given this a 8/10. Fanboyism makes blind. But after a while I started realizing they have made the franchise utter sh*t by simplifying the game they obviously attracted a new userThis is a perfect example of a good franchise made casual. I was a big fan of the battlefield series. starting from battlefield 1942. It is clear EA has a tight grip on DICE. A month after release I might had given this a 8/10. Fanboyism makes blind. But after a while I started realizing they have made the franchise utter sh*t by simplifying the game they obviously attracted a new user base. and by that I mean a bunch of casual COD kiddies. This doesn't Make anything better. I DICE even still had some of it's PC fanbase after battlefield: Bad Company. they have certainly lost it now. Also with EA's glorious DLC plan they have certainly stept in COD's footsteps. $15 for a couple of maps. With BC2 vietnam DLC they actually gave us a whole new experience. But the (upcomming) DLC's from BF3 are just ridiculous... It could have been in the original game. But no the allmighty EA had decided otherwise. DICE has literally sold their soul to EA. Lastly the Premium. as if the franchise hadn't copied enough of COD allready, EA wanted their own "Elite" service. It contains all the DLC that's going to be available, Ok that's pretty nice. But then they also have queue jumping. premiums get priority in queues over non premiums. So many knives in our backs, I can't keep track of it. I've literally waited a half hour in a queue to get on my favorite server because I got pushed back the whole time by premiums. This is just so mean to everybody who bought the game. And wait there is more! double xp weeks!! (have I said casual allready?) . everything that Battlefield once was, is now lost. the franchise might have 2 more succesfull titles with their new fanbase. But then it's over. EA will throw DICE in the garbage bin, just like they did with Pandemic. Expand
  5. Oct 25, 2011
    It's a great game, don't get me wrong, FPS's games have a same story, this have graphics, multiplayer, sound, but don't have a good single player, so, it doesn't deserves a perfect note.
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    Great game. Graphics are the best iv seen to date. Fun and fast gameplay, with plenty of "aw" moments. Easily recommend it if your computer can handle it
  7. Oct 28, 2011
    I see a lot of people put this game down because it doesn't have a great single player. If you are looking for a single player game with plot I suggest the infinite amount of FPS and RPG based games such as ME2, the HL series and so on. No one can honestly say that they have played a CoD or BF series single player that wasn't immediately forgettable and utterly pointless. And someone wasI see a lot of people put this game down because it doesn't have a great single player. If you are looking for a single player game with plot I suggest the infinite amount of FPS and RPG based games such as ME2, the HL series and so on. No one can honestly say that they have played a CoD or BF series single player that wasn't immediately forgettable and utterly pointless. And someone was pointing out that servers were already filled with hackers, which sounds like a rubbish assertion to me, since I have played for more than 10 hours already and haven't seen any obvious hacking at all.
    However, stunning as the visuals are, I am running this game on medium settings on a slightly low resolution, which makes the game less than appealing graphically. I wish also that they would also use a queueing system to join servers and fix squad joining/creating since it seems more complex than helicopter controls.
  8. Oct 25, 2011
    Battlefield 3's name implies that it has something to do with Battlefield 2. Besides the general "There are guns, tanks, planes, cars, helicopters, epic scale maps and you shoot people." It doesn't. I have played many hours on both Battlefield 2 and 2142, and Battlefield 3 is anything but a sequel. I was severely disappointed when Battlefield 3's Operation Metro beta came out. It was aBattlefield 3's name implies that it has something to do with Battlefield 2. Besides the general "There are guns, tanks, planes, cars, helicopters, epic scale maps and you shoot people." It doesn't. I have played many hours on both Battlefield 2 and 2142, and Battlefield 3 is anything but a sequel. I was severely disappointed when Battlefield 3's Operation Metro beta came out. It was a small map, infantry only and people would run and gun constantly. Not only did it seem nothing like Battlefield 2, It looked as if COD had rubbed off all over my favorite multiplayer series and ruined it. Then I played it.

Elements of COD are in plain sight, it is obviously not Battlefield 2, but it is undoubtedly the best shooter of the year. The tactical gameplay is preserved from Battlefield 2 and 2142. Even though running and gunning is a viable tactic, you still must be cautious, and have your squad to back you up. Vehicular battles are no let-down either, tanks and APCs own the roads, with frequent engagements with enemy armor, presenting high priority targets for AT and aircraft.

The customization for weapons, vehicles and soldiers is unparalleled, want a x8 scope on your assault rifle? No problem, go ahead and put a tactical flashlight on your sniper rifle as well (Why would you do that though?). Specializations grant your soldiers improvements in things like sprinting and suppression fire. For the first time, vehicles get specialized traits as well.

With the new Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 can look amazing, in addition to preforming amazingly. The graphics are insanely realistic, making combatants stop everything in the middle of a battle to watch in awe as large pieces of a building crash down to the ground. The environments so life-like you can imagine cars driving down the street and people going about their lives (before you and the other 63 players got there that is). The thing that makes Battlefield 3 stand out the most though, is that it takes the good from previous games (and rival games) and removes the bad. Examples of this would be destructible environments, weapons doing more damage, and limits to power on some vehicles (planes, for one, are not the armor hunting invincible juggernauts of BF2). Some people might argue about what was "the bad" and what was "the good", but you cant please everyone, no matter how good of a game you make.

Having never played the single player campaign in either of the Bad Company games, I was extremely pleased with Battlefield 3 adding a campaign mode. After selecting the hardest mode I could, I set out across a story that was both interesting and thrilling. The AI was nothing special, but it was good enough to kill me many, many times. The campaign mode takes you through many infantry engagements, some stealthy, some out in an open field with fire raining down on all sides. You get to control a tank in one section, blasting away at infantry and leaving only burning piles of scrap behind when you encounter enemy armor (my favorite part). The one part I had a bit of a disappointment, was the air section. You take the gunner position of a plane, but do not get to fly. The entire level consisted of holding your cross-hairs over enemy planes, and deploying countermeasures. In all, the campaign was no Crisis, but it was enjoyable.

The one issue I have with Battlefield 3 is Origin. Origin the steam wannabe, and Origin with the shady EULA. Some people have lowered their score for Battlefield 3 considerably due to Origin, but, this is not a review for Origin, is it?. *cough*1/10*cough*.

With that, I give Battlefield 3 a next to perfect 9.8/10.
  9. Feb 20, 2012
    The player drop off on this game is saying something. I hadn't played in a month until today. EA sent out a questionnaire asking people why they quit playing.

Their questions didn't have the option for 1. The game wasn't what I expected 2. Lack of communication with the player community and patches to fix bugs 3. Bad netcode. Instead, they had 1. The game is too easy 2. The game is

Their questions didn't have the option for

1. The game wasn't what I expected
    2. Lack of communication with the player community and patches to fix bugs
    3. Bad netcode.

Instead, they had

1. The game is too easy
    2. The game is too hard
    3. I want more DLC

Based on the upcoming patch, I think most people selected #2. Watering the game down more.

I expected so much out of this game, but it ended up being a conglomeration of BF2, BC2, COD and MOH that didn't "NAIL IT" on anything except a great running graphics engine and the greatest number of promises not delivered in any game I have ever bought.

As for netcode, most modern games use a hybrid server/client hit detection model that works quite well. There are even free to play games that have better net code than BF3, which is just appalling. Previous BF games were bad because they were server side only - with clients only having the option to increase or lower interpolation. With pure client-side netcode, you get seemingly random deaths, opponents that die extremely slowly, and all kinds of other annoying frustrations.

I've waited for months for those patches to come, but I've realized some of them never will. They'll never update the net code to a better model. They'll never increase the destruction to make certain maps like Bazaar and Metro more fun and less explosive spammy. They'll never add in-game voice (another thing common in many F2P games from small companies) And they'll never address another greater issue with the heart of the game - the vehicles are lackluster in implementation and integration into the balance of the game. They'll feel like an afterthought that was just thrown in haphazardly. They made an infantry fighting game out of a large-scale war game. And even that is poor because of the bad netcode.

Sure, some bug fixes have come along.. They fixed the bugs that were in the beta that they said were already fixed for the game launch. Like the laggy servers, falling through the world on metro, gadgets flat out not working...

But it's really just been one huge let down. I can't say I'll be buying BF4 or BC3 or anything. I've learned my lesson that PR likes to make false promises and do anything to drum up hype. They flat out lie sometimes. I just don't know what to expect when I buy a game from EA. There's no assurance of quality. They don't realize that many are already boycotting them. I wouldn't say I'm boycotting them, it's more like someone who has burned their hand on a hot stove being cautious about touching it again.
  10. Oct 25, 2011
    A must buy game for any shooter fan. For the first time in recent memory I was not upset by the fact that the single player campaign was really short. The intterogation scenes dont add much to the story or the game in fact the story has some pretty big plot holes that could have been solved with one line of dialogue but were ignored, thats ok though because the actual gameplay delivers.A must buy game for any shooter fan. For the first time in recent memory I was not upset by the fact that the single player campaign was really short. The intterogation scenes dont add much to the story or the game in fact the story has some pretty big plot holes that could have been solved with one line of dialogue but were ignored, thats ok though because the actual gameplay delivers. The game starts slow. Going through the basic motions of a generic shooter at first, but then once the game has given you time to get acquainted with the mechanics, i kicks into high gear. The best comparison to the kick is COD2. The adrenaline works in the same way. Except instead of pure run and gun, the game forces you to stop and think. You can go guns blazing, but that will only mean youll spend more time looking at load screens than actually playing. The story is cliched yes, but this doesnt matter because it sets up some incredible set pieces and gameplay. Mix that with the presentation and it makes for one amazing experience. The graphics are fantastic. Yes the character models are nice, as are the lighting effects and such, but what really puts it over the top are the minute details. The suppression feature along with the laser sight and the flashlight, really do change the way you play the game. Slowing it down and making you think. But thats not even the best part. During the plane mission you notice the scratches on the canopy of the plane. These arent cracks, and they arent sticking out like theyre pasted on after, they look natural, same with the dirt and stains on your characters goggles. I havent seen another company since crytek do this so masterfully. Then there is multiplayer, which is the real reason to buy this game. If yoou like a shooter online that requires skill to master and play this is it. Where as COD is populated by kids with no life who spend hours to get the highest prestige but still lack the skill to be competitive, BF3 requires skill, patience and intelligence. Where CODMW strayed from the golden path of the original 2 CODs, BF3 has come up to the plate to fulfill the craving for fun, tense and addictive gameplay. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    I give this a 10/10. Many reasons. I loved the setting in Iran. Rolling into the rugged Iranian mountains and the city of tehran. With so much news around Iran I believe BF3 is in the right place at the right time as far as story goes and nukes etc. Graphics - brilliant on DX 11. Gameplay again I loved it. There was a whole lot of variety and some weapons like night weapons were reallyI give this a 10/10. Many reasons. I loved the setting in Iran. Rolling into the rugged Iranian mountains and the city of tehran. With so much news around Iran I believe BF3 is in the right place at the right time as far as story goes and nukes etc. Graphics - brilliant on DX 11. Gameplay again I loved it. There was a whole lot of variety and some weapons like night weapons were really cool. I always wanted to know what Tehran looked like up close - now I know. It was a surreal experience. MP is very good also. I've got MW3 today but so far haven't liked it after playing BF 3 it feels so boring. If you can't make up your mind I'd highly recommend BF 3. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2011
    Excellent realistic gun sounds, very good, realistic graphic, destruction, and thats end of good things in the game. Singleplayer is trying very hard tell story very similar to Modern Warfare series! There's like in CoD "difficult choice" and "big end with killing super bad character". I like end's like this, but why similiar end is in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 6: ModernExcellent realistic gun sounds, very good, realistic graphic, destruction, and thats end of good things in the game. Singleplayer is trying very hard tell story very similar to Modern Warfare series! There's like in CoD "difficult choice" and "big end with killing super bad character". I like end's like this, but why similiar end is in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3?
    Multiplayer is very good, destruction is amazing, and showing a real war. Sounds are great too but there's break with them, there's a lot of bugs... Nice 6 for very bad single, and bugged multi.
  13. Oct 26, 2011
    Honestly, I don't care what the single player looks and plays like.
    Playing the multiplayer is truly amazing. This game has such a unique atmosphere, game play, graphics, customization, that you will simply not feel at any other game.
    BF was always about multiplayer. And they out-done themselves this time.
  14. Oct 25, 2011
    Epic greatness. I took 0.5 off the perfect score due to the campaign being a little bit on the rushed side, and 0.5 due to some bugs remaining. Which is really harsh given that reviewers out there tend to ignore the bugs (rightly so I guess, given that they are usually addressed in patches, which then make the game technically great).

Graphics, gameplay, sound, the engine, it's all

Graphics, gameplay, sound, the engine, it's all crazy-great. Don't listen to the bashers who give low scores. This game has BY FAR the best graphics, gameplay, sound and overall engine of any shooter ever released before. It would get a 10, I mean a real, full-fledged TEN ON TEN which means nothing short of revolutionary and PERFECT at the same time, if not for the two small flaws I reported on at first. EPIC GREATNESS I say, this can will keep you coming back for 1,000 hours or more.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    -CAMPAIGN not the most original but still fun and more believable then the ridiculous MW series. -GFX amazing -SOUND also amazing
    -BattleLog has issues but works better than i thought -COOP short but sweet and gets you great MP guns. wOULD have been better if part of campaign but still fun.
    -MP this is AAA class MP gameplay the best fps gaming around for military shooters hands down. OVER

OVER ALL 9.5 its not perfect but you gotta give Dice credit for going above and beyond the call(rehashed games)
  16. Oct 25, 2011
    Near Perfection of a First Person Shooter.
    The Game shines everywhere the only main disappointment is Campaign, The Multiplayer is unmatched and even better? there's co-op fun to be had however the thing that really shine is FROSTBITE 2
  17. Oct 28, 2011
    Do NOT listen to any review rating this game below 7. They are NOT honest. They will rate it low because they are upset with either their inability to play the game well, or because they had problems with it upon launch.
    Had to register just to review it a 10 to outweigh these trolls somewhat.
  18. Oct 25, 2011
    FROSTBITE 2 is awesome. Cool story, epic moments and the better multiplayer in years. Single player is a huge improvement from Bad company 2. Excellent and reallistic sound effects
  19. Oct 30, 2011
    BF3 is a solid multiplayer FPS. The campaign is pretty generic, the usual Tom Clancy 'omg nukes' BS. A couple levels are pretty cool (the jet level in particular), but the rest has been done to death, and done better by other series. However, BF3 shouldn't really be judged based on the single player campaign as it's little more than a vehicle to learn how to play the multiplayer. TheBF3 is a solid multiplayer FPS. The campaign is pretty generic, the usual Tom Clancy 'omg nukes' BS. A couple levels are pretty cool (the jet level in particular), but the rest has been done to death, and done better by other series. However, BF3 shouldn't really be judged based on the single player campaign as it's little more than a vehicle to learn how to play the multiplayer. The multiplayer itself is absolutely amazing. Everything has been upgraded from BC2; map size/player count, graphics, destruction, all the good stuff. The only thing I don't like about BF3 is its association with the battlelog, and Origin in general. The battlelog is a completely uneccessary facebook-like application the PC version is run from and I'm hoping there will eventually be a way to bypass it entirely. *edited to add* Most of the multiplayer bugs I've encountered *seem* to have been fixed; no server disconnects or unexplained score losses all weekend, so I've returned my score to an 8. Expand
  20. Oct 27, 2011
    incredible exoerience. buy it! Top notch graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables, make Battlefield 3 one of best first person shooters available in theincredible exoerience. buy it! Top notch graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables, make Battlefield 3 one of best first person shooters available in the market right now and makes it a must buy for any fan of the FPS genre. Expand
  21. Oct 25, 2011
    An outstanding teamwork based battlefield simulation, complete with tanks, jeeps, jets and helicopters. Single player campaign is great with stunning visuals and intense action in the air land and tank. A definite buy in my books.
  22. Oct 25, 2011
    I have nothing to say but AWESOME !!!! Single player is a huge improvement from Bad company 2.The environment seems very alive,lighting is fantastic. Oh and the money flying around the room after grenade explosion lives me speechless . I have to say mission accomplished. One of the only games in a while to have me say WOW !!!
  23. Oct 25, 2011
    I got Battlefield 3 last night for xbox 360. Like many people, i was super super excited. I played Battlfield 1942, Battlefield 2 (and expansions), Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Bad Company and Bad Company 2 and the Battlefield 3 Beta. I've had a lot of Battlefield experiences. I put it into my xbox and downloaded the 163mb update and installed it to my hard drive toI got Battlefield 3 last night for xbox 360. Like many people, i was super super excited. I played Battlfield 1942, Battlefield 2 (and expansions), Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Bad Company and Bad Company 2 and the Battlefield 3 Beta. I've had a lot of Battlefield experiences. I put it into my xbox and downloaded the 163mb update and installed it to my hard drive to get the HD packages (all that took about 20 minutes). After I got my code activated (something i'm not happy about (they don't allow free multiplayer basically i could be wrong though)). I jumped into a multiplayer game and the first thing I did was jump into a jet and it was fantastic! I got into a dogfight with another guy and got my first kill. I really missed planes in battlefield. Ok, back to what I was talking about, when i finally got on the ground I moved the controller around and noticed the gun movement and overall movement was much more fluid then the beta. I found a couple people and killed them, the guns felt great and the hit markers worked better then in the beta. I jumped into a tank and took out a couple people till I was disabled and eventually killed by a couple bad guys. The graphics are excellent, the guns look great, you look and the sun and the sun glare is very realistic and there is glare off of pieces of the environment. Now, the graphics are obviously not as good as PC but if you play this for PS3 or XBOX 360, you will not be disappointed. I was very happy with the multiplayer and if you enjoy first person shooter multiplayer then this is a must have. One of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had. Brings me back to the times of Battlefield 2 I have no played the singleplayer campaign yet so this is simply a review for Multiplayer. Expand
  24. Oct 25, 2011
    Unbelievable game...been playing it for about 5 hours now and it's wonderful. The multiplayer is bigger and better than all the previous BF games. The shooting mechanics are top notch and the map design exquisite. Pick the game up!
  25. Oct 25, 2011
    Amazing multiplayer and graphics but the campaign makes no sense with the same game btw necessarily you need a computer of great performance to enjoy graphics or you may be kicked from the game.
  26. Oct 25, 2011
    Game of the year, four words that WILL describe this game. Right as it stands, it needs a little server side work, Improved loading times(on ultra), minor adjustments to simple things like giving orders or server options. I easily give it a 10/10 because as It stands DICE have blown me away, and I had high expectations from the start. I played the alpha and beta and thought a 9/10 was aGame of the year, four words that WILL describe this game. Right as it stands, it needs a little server side work, Improved loading times(on ultra), minor adjustments to simple things like giving orders or server options. I easily give it a 10/10 because as It stands DICE have blown me away, and I had high expectations from the start. I played the alpha and beta and thought a 9/10 was a good score but this passes that. I can see myself playing this for years to come. Keep up the great work DICE, and keep those patches coming. Expand
  27. Oct 25, 2011
    Throughout the years there were certain games that have pushed the boundaries of gaming. When most of the games tend to repeat their respected genre, some of them played an important role in the evolution of gaming. Battlefield series has done that in the past years, introducing vehicle and tactical warfare to a genre that has consisted solely of run and gun style of gameplay before.
    With
    With Battlefield 3, they have polished their franchise so well that, lacking of revolutionary content is not a problem. Battlefield 3 has many new additions, all of which are not so new and revolutionary, but all the aspects of the game are now at its finest, or you feel so at this time.
  28. Oct 25, 2011
    A true sequel to DICE's Battlefield 2 - People may be upset with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games (and in my opinion, it was) - but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer game and for people to rate this game down simply because the single player wasn't as good as they hoped is moronic and ignorant.

I recommend this game to

I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year and may be even GOTY.

Hoorah!
  29. Oct 26, 2011
    This is simply amazing, anyone that is on the fence better get ready to be pushed into the BF3 camp, coz this game is incredible!
    NOW STOP READING AND START FRAGGIN' SOLDIER!!!
    GO GO GO!!!
  30. Oct 25, 2011
    Huge and beautiful. The multiplayer in this game makes it more than worth it. Call of Duty has met its match (and also did in BFBC2). But now it is going to be shadowed. Don't listen to any of the negative reviews. It's more than worth the purchase.
  31. Oct 25, 2011
    Battleield 3 is the best FPS I have ever played. With an incredible multiplayer experience (as expected obvously), it also delivers a awesome singleplayer. Once again DICE has proven to be one of the best developers out there. Graphics, gameplay, lifetime etc. will make this game one of the best of the year.

It's nothing groundbreaking, per se. It's rather a huge step forward for the FPS franchise. One can only wonder how Infinity Ward is going to catch up with DICE,

Incredible, 10/10
  32. Oct 25, 2011
    One of great fps on 2011. Good graphic, excellent effects and realistic sounds. This all reminds me battlefield2 alomost 6 years ago.
    bf3 will be 2011's GOTY, definitely.
  33. Oct 25, 2011
    my jaw dropped when i put this in my disc drive. amazing. best game ever. best graphics ever. best gameplay. best weapons hysics. stupid cod fanboys rating this down
  34. Oct 25, 2011
    The SP isnt as bad as many have said. I really enjoyed it. Graphics and sound are just amazing. The MP is the best experience you can get around. Still a lot of bugs coming up but those will be fixed soon hopefully. Back to the battlefield!
  35. Oct 28, 2011
    The standard critic review: "The singleplayer is generic, and the co-op doesn't last long, but the multiplayer is what makes this game brilliant." Well not quite. Whilst the multiplayer is a step above the other two modes, it's chaotic and full of campers - and no amount of patches will ever change this. Furthermore, a good game is a good all-round package, and this is not. As much as youThe standard critic review: "The singleplayer is generic, and the co-op doesn't last long, but the multiplayer is what makes this game brilliant." Well not quite. Whilst the multiplayer is a step above the other two modes, it's chaotic and full of campers - and no amount of patches will ever change this. Furthermore, a good game is a good all-round package, and this is not. As much as you may want to deny it, any games from 'the other shooter franchise' in the past few years tops Battlefield 3 as a package, and as a fun multiplayer experience. Expand
  36. Oct 25, 2011
    People are trying to hard to give this a negative review, it's kinda obvious why but we'll let their parents address their shortcomings.

if you are actually questioning whether to buy this game? do it. epic battles with tanks, choppers, jets, humvees, and tons of weapons. 64 player servers. don't let the children fool you, this game is a next generation masterpiece.
  37. Oct 25, 2011
    great game single player amazing, multiplayer also amazing. so much better than the beta this is a great game and i think dice have really outdone themselves
  38. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is a worthy successor of all the other Battlefield games, what I do like is that they gave the singleplayer some more attention this time. Double the fun! The game details are amazing, like many have seen in the beta you can customize your weapon every bit and do I have to explain more about detail if we talk about nozzle flash suppressors? :-) Furthermore, I really like the factThis game is a worthy successor of all the other Battlefield games, what I do like is that they gave the singleplayer some more attention this time. Double the fun! The game details are amazing, like many have seen in the beta you can customize your weapon every bit and do I have to explain more about detail if we talk about nozzle flash suppressors? :-) Furthermore, I really like the fact that lights can finally be useful in combat by blinding people (same goes for lasers). Just go play it, I can't express the details and value of this game on paper. If you are looking for a game that you can play for a while without getting bored, BF3 is definitely your game to pick! Expand
  39. Oct 25, 2011
    Absolutely outstanding game, incredible multiplayer & Campaign! Battlefield 3, is the true Call of Duty killer (Of course the CoD fanboys will never admit it)!
  40. Oct 25, 2011
    top tier shooter with no where to go but up. i cant stop myself from playign so good great graphics, sound physics. realistic gameplay amazing multiplayer
  41. Oct 25, 2011
    Just saying, anyone who gives any game a 0 is just a fanboy.
    BF3 is a good game and I enjoyed it. Definitively FPS of the year.
    Jets, tanks, jeeps, everything you can imagine are put together in a 64 player firestorm.
    Diversity of maps, tactials, teamplay.
  42. Oct 25, 2011
    Three words buy this game. To the haters upgrade your computer these are the best graphics of the series. Best BF ever! MW fans, BF is taking over! Amd phenom 4 Xfx 6970 with eyefinity! The war game I've always wanted, mind blowing! Hope this was helpful
  43. Nov 4, 2011
    I could spend this space writing about how great the game looks, how well it sounds, how fun it can be and all that - and I probable should as that is usually what people want to hear in a review be they gamers, publishers or developers..
    But quite honestly what I feel like writing about is all the frustration I'm left with after having finished the campaign... A game is not supposed to ship in such a state - you are not supposed to have a browser window open to find solutions to the game breaking bugs, you are no supposed to give up playing the multiplayer game because you can't play for more than a few minutes before it crashes..

Dice have created a really beautiful game that serious gamers should play, but they should wait as it's certainly not finished yet - it's no secret PC gamers are getting the short end of the stick in this console era, but dear Dice and EA - I think most of us would much rather have waited for the finished game in December than be given an unfinished Beta in October..

Anywhoo, when it works it looks and plays awesomely - so do pick it up, just do yourself a favor and wait until the first couple patches are out as it will save you a lot of frustration..
  44. Oct 25, 2011
    An amazing game. Great campaign (difficult and good history), great coop (good time with friends) and amazing multiplayer (good maps, not the best but very good). The game worth every cent.
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    Many users complain about origin and the battlelog system. this is a debatable subject i personally loved the idea of having battlelog, which allows you to connect with your friends like facebook. unless your computer is running on limited ram, i dont believe that having one ie explorer open will affect much of the performance. About Origin, it not that EA wanted to make more money onMany users complain about origin and the battlelog system. this is a debatable subject i personally loved the idea of having battlelog, which allows you to connect with your friends like facebook. unless your computer is running on limited ram, i dont believe that having one ie explorer open will affect much of the performance. About Origin, it not that EA wanted to make more money on their platform it was due to service agreements with steam, not allowing EA to release patches as soon as they release and make everything complicated, this was also the case for games like minecraft not on steam. if you guys are not playing the game coz of origin then you are truly missing out on a great title. origin is not part of the game, it was clearly not DICE's decision to make, plus if you were really annoyed by origin there is always tools to bypass it. The game is designed to entertaining for hours on online multi player, if all you gona play is single player than dont buy it. The game doesnt deserve a 0 score because of origin or battlelog its not even part of the actual game. and battlelog i personally think its more of a pro than a con. Expand
  46. Oct 31, 2011
    This game is great and would deserve at least 8/10, most likely 9/10. So why 6/10? Because this game is UNFINISHED, plenty of bugs from beta are still in final version and the ONLY reason for this is... they wanted to get a pre-CoD premiere. Well screw you, maybe we get bugged games all the time right now, but that doesn't mean it's what WE the gamers want. We want to buy game, a comp toThis game is great and would deserve at least 8/10, most likely 9/10. So why 6/10? Because this game is UNFINISHED, plenty of bugs from beta are still in final version and the ONLY reason for this is... they wanted to get a pre-CoD premiere. Well screw you, maybe we get bugged games all the time right now, but that doesn't mean it's what WE the gamers want. We want to buy game, a comp to it's spec and play it and have fun, not tu realise we need to wait for patch for who knows how long. So 6/10, learn something for the future. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2011
    I have a confession to make, seriously. The day BF3 was released I came on here and posted my user review as a 10. Here's the thing, after you play 20+ hours of BF3, it's simply a lie to yourself if you rate it a perfect 10. BF3 has many patches to go before it (hopefully) approaches perfection. I joined the BF series with BF2, a **** masterpiece. I'm still a huge BF3 fan and will stillI have a confession to make, seriously. The day BF3 was released I came on here and posted my user review as a 10. Here's the thing, after you play 20+ hours of BF3, it's simply a lie to yourself if you rate it a perfect 10. BF3 has many patches to go before it (hopefully) approaches perfection. I joined the BF series with BF2, a **** masterpiece. I'm still a huge BF3 fan and will still play because even with its faults, the moments of brilliance are not easily matched by any other competitive FPS. But the faults are (seriously now) SOME-OF-THE-MOST-INFURIATING-FUN-KILLING-EXPERIENCE-RUINING faults I've ever witnessed. You must understand the degree of game experience ruined by several very specific design flaws and bugs. 1) Dying behind cover. This happens. In fact it happens every time you're capable of experiencing it, which is when you're running into cover. I don't mean cardboard box cover here boys and girls, I mean you've rounded a concrete building, you've jumped over a cement barrier, you've dodged into an alleyway, yet you take fire and DIE 5 to 10 feet behind impenetrable cover. This anomaly has nothing at all to do with cover, it has to do with BF3â Expand
  48. Oct 25, 2011
    Yes it is true, the Singleplayer doesnt fit and while its mechanics are broken it is one of the most immersive campaigns out there.
    Battlefield 3 is the most beautiful game I have ever seen with an exception to some of uncharted 3 lighted areas.
    DICE never knew how to make good single players, but everyone knows that you pay the 60$ for the multiplayer and oh boy it is worth it. with 64
    with 64 payer conquest I had amazing time with my freinds playing tactical it felt like one of the best gaming experience I have ever had every thing on the multi just feels right and plays in a fantastic way!
    There are still very minor bugs but with such a complex engine and game they are forgivable and probably be fixed.
    I allso forgat to mention the sound is just orgasmic it makes every other shooter gun sounds sound like an airsoft gun, the bullet whistling the tanks everything is perfect.
    In shot buy this game it was ment for everyone and it is amazing fun and immersion !!
  49. Oct 25, 2011
    The best multiplayer game I have ever played in my life (Huge maps, lot of them, great graphic and sound, good leveling system), vehicles. I don´t care bout singleplayer, so it won´t ruin my score. Great job DICE!!!
  50. Oct 25, 2011
    Awesome mp and a decent sp, some bugs and issues are still plaguing some ppl but they should get fixed overtime. If you played open beta and liked it, you will love final release.
  51. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Game enjoyed the Multiplayer Must have if you like a real MP experience not a second rate run and gun FPS . I know Most will be disappointed with SP but the Multiplayer is well worth it
  52. Oct 25, 2011
    Most anticipated game of teh year for me. I lost myself in Battlefield 2 and hope to do the same with the sequel. Probably will end up buying the PC version as well as the 360 version. Not may games where I do this.
  53. Oct 25, 2011
    I joined metacritic solely for the purpose of writing this review and hopefully saving some people the frustration EA has caused me. I've been a long time battlefield fan and couldn't wait for this game to hit store shelves. Critics seem to rave about it and people who are wowed over by pretty visuals seem to love it. I on the other hand have had more frustrations with this game andI joined metacritic solely for the purpose of writing this review and hopefully saving some people the frustration EA has caused me. I've been a long time battlefield fan and couldn't wait for this game to hit store shelves. Critics seem to rave about it and people who are wowed over by pretty visuals seem to love it. I on the other hand have had more frustrations with this game and EA's piss pore attempt at an online distribution site than I think I have ever had in all my time PC gaming. The game crashes, battlelog is an absolute joke right now, errors left and right, and glitches out the ass. Not to mention the swarm of hackers already flooding the servers. As of right now I have played maybe 20 minutes of the game and could honestly care less about it. Maybe EA will fix these problems (which were also present in the beta, funny absolutely none of it was addressed upon release). As of right now though I have had no fun with BF3. But hey, they got my money like they wanted and the game looks great on my PC so I guess thats a plus.

Personally, I'm going right back to BC2 and plan on leaving this in the dust until EA does something about Origin and the many bugs plaguing this game right now. Maybe a good game in the future but I wish I would have passed for now.
  54. Nov 1, 2011
    I signed on to Metacritic only to rate BF3 because I feel so violated by both EA and Dice - by their sheer ignorance and hostility towards a paying customer. If you value your time (endless list of technical problems starting from Origin to Battlelog to the PC port itself), privacy (multiple shady EULAs and file scanning) or simply want to enjoy good games built by honest and respectfulI signed on to Metacritic only to rate BF3 because I feel so violated by both EA and Dice - by their sheer ignorance and hostility towards a paying customer. If you value your time (endless list of technical problems starting from Origin to Battlelog to the PC port itself), privacy (multiple shady EULAs and file scanning) or simply want to enjoy good games built by honest and respectful developers - do not spend your money on Battlefield 3. Expand
  55. Oct 25, 2011
    If you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-systemIf you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-system for the game is all based online which makes you feel like you really got ripped off because it looks cheap trust me the only thing nice about it is Battlelog which is kinda cool but it's EA's way of saying here run Origin or Don't play the game.

This is an OK game as it sits for the time being but yet it deserves a 40% rating due to several issues right now - First being that EA has released a game that has many graphical, gameplay, multiplayer, map, vehicle issues for instance green-flickers and being able to glitch through maps on multiplayer its nowhere near as smooth as it was shown in the previews that im sure everyone has seen. Granted it is a new game but the vehicle issues and the unrealistic nature of Battlefield 3 due to vehicles not producing realistic amounts of destruction and damage really hurt this titles reputation.

To best describe Battlefield 3 would be a cross between Homefront and Modern Warfare 2 - Homefront being due to the graphical and sketchy gameplay and Modern Warfare 2 due to BF3 trying to cut in on some profits from MW3 which currently sits at a total loss to people who have bought this game (and yes I bought the limited edition BF3). I bought 2x EVGA GTX-580 SC cards specifically for this game and yet the texture draws and polished look this game should have isn't there and not to mention the annoying lag on multiplayer games that are supposedly low-ping.

It has potential to be an awesome game but as it sits currently I wouldn't invest in it until it at least drops $20-30 or they fix hundreds of bugs and errors. Well that's all I have to say hope you found this somewhat useful.
  56. Dec 19, 2011
    This game truly deserves game of the year. But all the awards wanted to talk about this year was overrated s h i t t y ass Skyrim. I own over 350 games and out of every game I've ever played, Battlefield 3 is literally the best game I've ever played in my life. If you consider yourself a real gamer, this is a game you must have. If not, you're not really a gamer.
  57. Nov 3, 2011
    Battlefield 3 looks great and the infantry combat is solid, but it lacks key gameplay elements that set the franchise apart and contributed to its success.

Gone are the huge, wide-open maps and replaced with more condensed combat zones. It's clear that the hardware restrictions of consoles have stunted map size of BF3, despite the PC being the "lead platform". BF3 will be loved by

BF3 will be loved by player who enjoy chaotic infantry combat with non-stop hail of gunfire, but disappoint those who enjoyed the aircraft and enormous maps of BF1942 and BF2.
  58. Nov 19, 2011
    BF3's singleplayer might not be the best around the block and hopefully if they have to do it again they will do their own thing instead of copying CODs formula. But what it does have, which is really the important factor is the best multiplayer Shooter to date. Solid mechanics, better gunplay and realism them what the arcady cod became. GOTY for pc multiplayer gaming.
  59. Oct 27, 2011
    a checkmark next to everything fps communites have not asked for, including the BF community and not all maps are avail. for 60+ usd. EA's stock price is more important than you and they have shown it with this "game".
  60. Oct 26, 2011
    I might give the game another chance some day if it ever goes on steam, but the fact you HAVE to use EA's Origin is simply not worth it, I've had nothing but bad experiences with it since its launch day, how are EA doing digital distribution so wrong? I'd give the game a 6 or 7 out of 10 if it didn't require Origin, being honest I think the game is over-hyped and is an incredibly average shooter.
  61. sYs
    Oct 27, 2011
    The actually vote for the game would be 4 . I brought the game and played SP, ok it was dull - lake any other shooter story and bla bla. The multiplayer - seems little bit to chaotic. Lack of server browser and so on. biggest downfall was the "ORIGIN" - the game gets 1 from me purely cause "origin" violates almost all my privacy.
  62. Oct 30, 2011
    What an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utterWhat an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utter embarrassment for Dice. In the word of Jonny Rotten: "Every get the feeling you've been cheated?" Expand
  63. Oct 25, 2011
    Terrible, inexcusable single-player. Crappy multiplayer netcode. Another proof that FPS games are considered an excuse for mediocrity because terrible CoD kiddies will pay for it no matter how crappy. All these 10 ratings might as well be ignored, the single player is so terrible every review should be brought down at least 4 points.
  64. Oct 26, 2011
    EA ruined another great franchise. I hope they go bankrupt ASAP. After they trolled Activision so hard... they release this unfinished game. The singleplayer is so lame, you have no idea. The multiplayer has more bugs than the open-beta phase.

No squads, origin stupid system, battlelog instead of an in-game menu, lag, bugs and stupid design decisions have ruined this game. :(

I miss BF2
  65. Oct 26, 2011
    Poor game and not anything like BF2, on PC it's a console port in gameplay terms, no in game ping, no in game VOIP, crap aircraft mechanics, crap squad management where you can't create a squad without going through some **** commo-rose is a joke, maps are a joke with clustered flags, it's like playing COD on a big map. Aircraft/ vehicle controls are shockingly bad and feel like they justPoor game and not anything like BF2, on PC it's a console port in gameplay terms, no in game ping, no in game VOIP, crap aircraft mechanics, crap squad management where you can't create a squad without going through some **** commo-rose is a joke, maps are a joke with clustered flags, it's like playing COD on a big map. Aircraft/ vehicle controls are shockingly bad and feel like they just imported the xbox 360 system. On top of that there are way to many bugs to list, poor hit reg because of the broken ass netcode that lets cheats rule the server because of the client side hit detection. In summary BF3 is nothing more than Bad Company 2.5 but not as fun as even BC2 and not a patch on BF2. Fans of BF2/2142 stay away, find something enjoyable to play, leave this **** to the COD generation, those that appreciate teamplay and proper vehicle combat on proper big maps will have to look elsewhere. Expand
  66. Oct 26, 2011
    Just a below average shooter. Yes it's very pretty, but the graphics add nothing to the gameplay (and in some cases actually get in the way). Gunplay simply isn't visceral or fun, detached is a term I'd associate with it. Single player is a travesty, there's no flow you just wait all the time for your squad to catch up (and for you to find the exact right place to stand to trigger theJust a below average shooter. Yes it's very pretty, but the graphics add nothing to the gameplay (and in some cases actually get in the way). Gunplay simply isn't visceral or fun, detached is a term I'd associate with it. Single player is a travesty, there's no flow you just wait all the time for your squad to catch up (and for you to find the exact right place to stand to trigger the script) and the next quicktime event to take place. Coop is just a very generic horde-rush/nazi zombie like mode. MP is simply dull, generic and not much fun. Maps are either chokepoint based or desolate empty spaces designed for vehicle only gameplay (even the sniper rifles have been gimped). It's the very definition of all polish and no substance. And that's before you get into the hell hole of the Origin/Battlelog/additional VOIP client system, slow loading times, annoying "music". Not worth buying, massively overhyped in the press. Save your money, send a message to EA and don't buy this (also bug ridden) rubbish. I'm giving it 1 for the graphics at least. Expand
  67. Oct 25, 2011
    First off, I have to say that the multiplayer is actually quite good in many ways, and many of the beta bugs were fixed. Now, for the bad... many weren't. Sometimes animations don't load properly and you will see some members of your team just hang there floating from point A to point B, other times after you land a kill the enemy will just stay there in ready position. I only encounteredFirst off, I have to say that the multiplayer is actually quite good in many ways, and many of the beta bugs were fixed. Now, for the bad... many weren't. Sometimes animations don't load properly and you will see some members of your team just hang there floating from point A to point B, other times after you land a kill the enemy will just stay there in ready position. I only encountered those bugs maybe twice each in 3 hours of gameplay, but it was still quite annoying. Then I have to mention the singleplayer. It was candidly... awful. QTEs every few minutes of gameplay, enemies spawned in two at a time from spawn points that were clearly in view, voice acting that was sub par. I know most people don't play Battlefield for the singleplayer, but every single other Battlefield game had a GREAT singleplayer experience attached, making it all the more disappointing.

Lastly Origin. Any game that forces you to use third party software for all gameplay immediately gets a a negative mark, but Origin is one of the worst offenders that I've seen. It collects personal information about your hard drive and what games you have installs, what you play, and how long you play it. In systems like steam this is a non-issue, because steam doesn't collect and use this information, but EA does not have that moral hangup. If not for Origin this would be a solid 7/10, if not for the bad singleplayer 8.5/10.
  68. Oct 28, 2011
    This game has a lot of potential, but it feels like it was rushed and the network code is terrible, even with super low latency and minimal packet loss you tend to experience glitches throughout the game.
  69. Oct 26, 2011
    This is not a true sequel to bf2 at all

Lack of teamwork Small map Squad management broken Common rose is garbage and broken No VoIP Battle log is **** Origin is **** Vehicles were underpowered Jets are slow and always die by stingers Stingers weapon is overpowered and stupid Motar is overpowered and seriously ???? Unlimited weapons Horrible net code Scope glint Contrast are way to
    This is not a true sequel to bf2 at all

Lack of teamwork
    Small map
    Squad management broken
    Common rose is garbage and broken
    No VoIP Battle log is ****
    Origin is ****
    Vehicles were underpowered
    Jets are slow and always die by stingers
    Stingers weapon is overpowered and stupid
    Motar is overpowered and seriously ???? Unlimited weapons
    Horrible net code Scope glint
    Contrast are way to high....

Horrible game and should not name "battlefield 3" because it's not a true sequel to bf2

Largest map my ass...
  70. Oct 26, 2011
    Lets just begin by stating that i joined metacritic just for this review. I have been waiting for this game for awhile and have been stoked just to play it. After playing the beta, i was severly disappointed. The glitches galoore made it insane and more frustrating then fun to play. I figured since it was a beta they would fix it, well they did fix some of the beta glitches, just not nearLets just begin by stating that i joined metacritic just for this review. I have been waiting for this game for awhile and have been stoked just to play it. After playing the beta, i was severly disappointed. The glitches galoore made it insane and more frustrating then fun to play. I figured since it was a beta they would fix it, well they did fix some of the beta glitches, just not near enough for a final copy. The multiplayer feels rushed at best and hardly seems to work. The game is fun when its not glitching and the servers aren't crashing (which happen about every hour for the xbox). I give this game such a low rating because of the hype and expectations that the critics and trailers it gave, it hardly lives up to expectations. I love battlefield more then call of duty, but i will definently be picking up CoD now and probably tossing this game off until they fix the issues, which with EA's poor community service skills, will take quite awhile. Expand
  71. Oct 26, 2011
    This game is sadly very terrible, despite all the hype it had been receiving. The campaign is short and unsatisfying, but then, the campaign have never been an important part of Battlefield. This might have been okay if the multiplayer was any good. The multiplayer is unbalanced and already there are several hacks for the PC version. Before unlocking flares or missiles, your jet has to beThis game is sadly very terrible, despite all the hype it had been receiving. The campaign is short and unsatisfying, but then, the campaign have never been an important part of Battlefield. This might have been okay if the multiplayer was any good. The multiplayer is unbalanced and already there are several hacks for the PC version. Before unlocking flares or missiles, your jet has to be shot down again and again. Defenders in Rush have a massive advantage. UMP overpowered still. In close-quarters snipers are also overpowered. RPGs also OP. Massive glitches and server problems despite beta testing. The destruction was barely improved. Graphics difference from BC2 was about from Halo 3 to ODST. It felt like the game could have been like Vietnam (an expansion pack for BC2), had it not have had a single player and co-op. The teamwork is horrible. I'm not sure if it is right to blame DICE, though, because teamwork is based on the players instead of the game. The developer can only encourage/discourage it. And I feel like it was discouraged (from BC2 anyway). Battlelog a massive annoyance. It has many problems (for example half the time I can't even join a game). The game crashes/freezes once in 15 minutes. Be advised that I have an all-purpose entertainment computer that should be able to run the game without any problems according to the minimum requirements. Being a Battlefield fan all the way back from 1942, I am massively disappointed. Expand
  72. Oct 28, 2011
    1.origin,spying,scanning you pc and not even working,yes steam does the same but at least it works
    2.nehhative mouse acceleration,cant bind some jeys,no difrent sensitivity for vehicles,keyborad left key problems etc.
    3.pathetic visual effects that will damage your eyes and give you a headache blinding lights,glare,bloom,high contrast,blue filter,headbob and other constant screen shakes
    3.pathetic visual effects that will damage your eyes and give you a headache
    4.pathetic sounds,sniper sounds like a toy gun and it has that damage also
    ugly guns and animations
    5.they cut a part of the game and then sell it as an expansion
    crashing,bad optimization,lag and a ton of other problems
  73. Oct 25, 2011
    This is not a Battlefield game. This is COD on a nicer engine, with better maps. If you like COD, you'll love this, but all die hard BF fans will get bored quickly as the lack of gameplay and focus on personal gain and unlocks clowds your vision.
  74. Oct 31, 2011
    My biggest problem with the game is that the map design is really bad, it's obvious none of the maps were designed for 64 players, because every map packs players into a tiny area with 3-5 capture points and then funnels every player through unavoidable chokepoints filled with snipers and tanks and men running around with knives. They've removed all the tactical gameplay that madeMy biggest problem with the game is that the map design is really bad, it's obvious none of the maps were designed for 64 players, because every map packs players into a tiny area with 3-5 capture points and then funnels every player through unavoidable chokepoints filled with snipers and tanks and men running around with knives. They've removed all the tactical gameplay that made Battlefields 1942/2/2142 so great, the game turns into a mindless grind with no balance or thought. Some of the maps are better than others, but there are 4 or 5 out of the 9 that come with the game that are up with the worst from Bad Company 2, which was a sort of mini-console-Battlefield that Battlefield 3 wasn't supposed to be emulating. Like, two of the nine Battlefield 3 maps are literally linear underground tunnels. I was extremely disappointed that there isn't a single large-scale map up there with even the mid-sized maps from the old Battlefield games. If you look at the promo videos which pretty much all involve flying jets (which have no effect on the rest of the game by the way, they're in the game mostly for looks and bullet points I think) the maps look pretty large but all of the capture points are clustered in one tiny area which turns the game into another Call of Duty. They seem to have focused much more on adding a bunch of annoying leveling features, you start out with nothing and then have to grind your way up to get more gear, eventually you'll unlock weapons like an IR Scope that's basically a dev-endorsed wall-hack or gun addons that remove all of your recoil. There are some really huge oversights like air vehicles not starting out with countermeasures, which means as soon as you take off you'll be shot down by one of the 12 players on the other team wielding missile launchers, until you grind enough to unlock something to defend yourself. Nothing in this game is about being "fun", it's about being addictive and fulfilling a lot of soulless corporate metrics. Who cares if the game plays like crap, if you can compel players to grind out a bunch of silly awards? If you're reading this review 3 months from now, you should probably just avoid, because I suspect it will be really miserable to start out in this game once you're going up against teams of experienced players with leveled upped gear. I only tried single player for about 2 minutes, within that time I shot a few AK-47 wielding masked terrists and QTE'd a man to death and then QTE jumped from an exploding train, which is way too many QTE's for me. If you like games that try to look like action movies I think you'll really enjoy this one though. The only positives I can think of are that the graphics and sound are very nice. I'm still holding out hope there will be some sort of additional maps or expansion or something that fixes some of the problems, but I really doubt it based on what I've seen so far, Battlefield 3 has already sold like a hojillion copies so I do not think Electronic Arts gives a **** Expand
  75. Oct 29, 2011
    2 points for the anticipated game I have yet to get a taste of. Minus every other point for how broken Origin is. Releasing a game that is locked to a third party software like Origin, and then have the application so broken and unfinished is just unacceptable. Not to mention one of the worst and most useless support chatlines in the history of gaming.
  76. Oct 26, 2011
    Potentially great game, completely hamstrung by the epic fail that is Origin and Battlelog. I wish I could get a refund. Hell, battlelog doesn't even recognize the install if you have BF3 Limited Edition instead of BF3 standard.
  77. Feb 13, 2012
    To me, as a Battlefield veteran, this isn't even a video game. If you look at any past game and compare it to BF3, you keep discovering the same statement over and over; there's nothing new. All BF3 does is remove features from older titles. BF3 doesn't have commanders, commander assets, large maps with more than 7 cap points, a more intricate squad command structure, more diversifiedTo me, as a Battlefield veteran, this isn't even a video game. If you look at any past game and compare it to BF3, you keep discovering the same statement over and over; there's nothing new. All BF3 does is remove features from older titles. BF3 doesn't have commanders, commander assets, large maps with more than 7 cap points, a more intricate squad command structure, more diversified classes, decent server tools, objective based gameplay, fucntional commorose, and options for veterans to play as we have been since 2002. As this is an objective review, opinions on decisions such as health regeneration, sound spotting, 4 player squads, etc are all irrelevant. What has BF3 contributed to Battlefield as a whole? There is nothing new about this game, just stripped down gameplay to appeal to console players and casuals alike. Expand
  78. Oct 29, 2011
    The 3 points go to the amazing singleplayer and multiplayer combined with stunning graphics. The -7 points go to EA's invasive Origin where it scans, mines absolutely every data possible.

NO, EA, this is not how you **** with the gamers!
  79. Oct 25, 2011
    Look, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in there as well, so I'm damn well going to address it. It sucks. I mean really, the lack of effort is glaring. Let's start with story. Ok, so we all know the story this entireLook, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in there as well, so I'm damn well going to address it. It sucks. I mean really, the lack of effort is glaring. Let's start with story. Ok, so we all know the story this entire genre of games has. Story. Singular. The only thing that ever changes is if it's nazis, russians or terrorists. What's even worse is, it's told as a flashback within a retrospective. This method is not avanguard. It's not clever. It's not artistic. It's a bad idea, and it always was. Now, remember how in Bad Company 2 you usually had multiple avenues of approach? You could take the buildings on either side of the street just go for a frontal assault or clear that sawmill in any sequence you wanted, or in the desert mission pick which part to do first? Yeah, Bad Company 2 was linear. But it made an effort to pretend it wasn't. This game? Corridor shooter. I mean quite literally. I tried flanking constantly, every single time I was told "Leaving battlefield" and given a timer. Every time. The game is a sequence of corridors leading to slightly larger shooting galleries in which you're given no option how to approach the situation. You do it exactly in the one place the designer meant you to and that's. Then, enemies. Oh God this part is terrible. The enemies are inexcusable. First of all, all the terrorists are one guy. No, seriously. Every last one of them. The same model. Exactly the same. No difference. In two shooting galleries one after the other I stood crouched next to their spawn point and for a full minute each it went like this: Two identical clones enter. I shoot them both. Reload. Two identical clones enter. Repeat. This for a full minute each time. And most of the game is like this. So yeah, I'm sorry but if you didn't want people to judge this game on the singleplayer you should have stuck with the multiplayer, which is actually really good btw. Expand
  80. Oct 26, 2011
    The game's single-player is more linear, glitcher and worse than any CoD game, which is saying ALOT. Being a hardcore fan of BF2, BF2142, and BFP4F, I found the multi-player extremely unsatisfying with less UI features than 5-6 year old videogames, EA Origin, missing classes, really mediocre MoH 2010 gunplay, and glitched vehicle combat. I uninstalled it after 10 hours in Open Beta and theThe game's single-player is more linear, glitcher and worse than any CoD game, which is saying ALOT. Being a hardcore fan of BF2, BF2142, and BFP4F, I found the multi-player extremely unsatisfying with less UI features than 5-6 year old videogames, EA Origin, missing classes, really mediocre MoH 2010 gunplay, and glitched vehicle combat. I uninstalled it after 10 hours in Open Beta and the full game is just as disappointing. [[[Whats sad is EA forced reviewers not to release negative reviews until after the game's release week.]]] Expand
  81. Oct 25, 2011
    After installing Origin and waiting for 1st day patches to fiinish downloading then updating my nVidea drivers I was already fairly negative, but I thought hey, all that hype, all those pretty trailers, should be worth it in the end. right? Single Player is mixture between dull and tedious, Multiplayer is buggy and some essential features missing. I'd like to say I'd try it again in a fewAfter installing Origin and waiting for 1st day patches to fiinish downloading then updating my nVidea drivers I was already fairly negative, but I thought hey, all that hype, all those pretty trailers, should be worth it in the end. right? Single Player is mixture between dull and tedious, Multiplayer is buggy and some essential features missing. I'd like to say I'd try it again in a few months after 2 gig's worth of patches has been released, but I'm uninstalling it till then just to get rid of this spyware know as Origin. Expand
  82. Oct 25, 2011
    What could have been a great game seriously let down by the developers. Multiple issues that were reported from the alpha through the beta by many still exist. With bugs and glitches that were also not present previously. It honestly feels like a half finished game. Things that they should have known people hated from bf:bc2 completely ignored.
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no option to select the squad you want. half complete features, for example commorose, missing simple things like requesting ammo or health, but even the options there can't be heard by your team so it is pointless.
    Game isn't built to be a battlefield any more, took too many ideas from cod. Now its suck in the middle doing a worse job then both and nothing better then either.
    That's just the MP, the SP is linear, boring and so heavily scripted, you can't do anything the game doesn't want.
    A hefty patch is the only thing that will fix this, thoroughly underwhelming and a massive disappointment.
  83. Oct 26, 2011
    Visually this game is a 10 but the game play is a step backwards. 99% of people buy Battlefield for the multi-player so I won't even bother with the fail that is single player. Commander? Gone
    Squads remain in the game but are limited to 4 players and all the functionality from before is simply gone. Want to play with 1 or multiple other friends, on the same team, in the same squad? Good luck with that. You can't join the squad of your choice. You can't join a friends squad and they can't join you. You must rely on luck to get in the same squad. In its current state BF3 seems to be designed for the MW2 crowd and they lost their identity in the process.
    To top it off you have to launch the game through a 3rd party web browser. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is that all about?
    BF3 has potential but they need to fix the teamwork features of the game. Every previous battlefield title surpasses BF3 in the team play department.
  84. Oct 30, 2011
    Firstly, let me tell you that this game is awesome. The graphics, animations and sound are top notch.
    The campaign is mediocre but then if you bought BF3 for the SP, there's something wrong with you.
    Now the reason for the low score is that the game is totally unplayable. Sure there are some people who haven't had a single problem , you are the lucky ones and I envy you but there are 10 more people for 1 of you who are not able to play the game for more than 5 minutes. The game crashes with a stuttering sound after 5 mins into a MP session. The stuttering on this game is unimaginable on certain high end cards as well. When i pay $60 to play a game i don't expect to spend 10 hours finding a solution to a problem running the game. Kudos to DIce and EA for not porting this from the consoles but your ignorance to customer grievances on Battlelog has to be brought to the forefront.
    You had an amazing game in your hands and you messed it up. Stay away from this title , atleast on the PC until these issues are rectified.
  85. JLF
    Oct 28, 2011
    As always, EA doesn't impress. The singleplayer plot was boring. More boring than black ops. But it's alright, the game is supposed to shine in multiplayer, right? It doesn't. While the game IS a step up from BC2 and CoD, it's pretty much the same garbage as it was before. Except this time it has "new engine" slapped on it. I'm giving it one above minimum, because I'm sure it's concurrentAs always, EA doesn't impress. The singleplayer plot was boring. More boring than black ops. But it's alright, the game is supposed to shine in multiplayer, right? It doesn't. While the game IS a step up from BC2 and CoD, it's pretty much the same garbage as it was before. Except this time it has "new engine" slapped on it. I'm giving it one above minimum, because I'm sure it's concurrent is going to be even worse Expand
  86. Oct 26, 2011
    sp is pathetic
    mp with high contrast,constant screen shakes,headbob,blue filter etc. you cant even play without a headache
    animations are ugly guns look bad sound is bad bolt snipers feel like toy guns there is glare even inside the scope small fov when scoping gliches,bugs game crashing all the time no in game menu no ping in the game no blood and gore etc. do your self a favor and save
    sp is pathetic

animations are ugly
    guns look bad
    sound is bad
    bolt snipers feel like toy guns
    there is glare even inside the scope
    small fov when scoping
    gliches,bugs
    game crashing all the time
    no in game menu
    no ping in the game
    no blood and gore etc.

do your self a favor and save your money
  87. Oct 25, 2011
    The single player is HORRIBLE! It is like they didn't even work on it. Graphics don't look good at all even when set at ULTRA and the polygon counts are really low. The "scriptedness" couldn't be worse. And I thought MW2 was bad!
  88. Oct 25, 2011
    The overall experience with this game is average, it could have been FANTASTIC, if DICE had not copied other shooters in the market, to me this game is just a mix of Bad Company 2, Medal Of Honor, Call Of Dutty and Battlefield 2, all together in a nicer engine, that looks great butt not as great as they made you believe in all those nice trailers...
    The annoying battlelog combined with the
    The annoying battlelog combined with the unnecessary origin spyware app do not help either.
  89. Oct 27, 2011
    Horrible, horrible. First let me say, that I have always been a console gamer. Although this time I built a PC specifically because of this game. All I have to say is that the performance is pretty impressive, the graphics are good and the gameplay is decent. They managed to fix a good amount of bugs during the beta, but one huge issue remains.. And that is the LAG. The lag in this game isHorrible, horrible. First let me say, that I have always been a console gamer. Although this time I built a PC specifically because of this game. All I have to say is that the performance is pretty impressive, the graphics are good and the gameplay is decent. They managed to fix a good amount of bugs during the beta, but one huge issue remains.. And that is the LAG. The lag in this game is like no other...in EVERY server, there is constant rubberbanding lag that makes every multiplayer match near impossible to play. This is an absolute joke and I cannot believe they did not fix this most important issue in the beta.

Needless to say I am done with PC gaming and will be moving to Xbox. Selling my PC and playing on a console that doesn't have issues. PC gaming is not like the old days nore more, it is now trash...
  90. Oct 27, 2011
    I'd write a lengthy review but I already wasted enough time playing it. I'll just sum it up: Boring single player with a **** load of cut scenes and listening to people talk. Co-op is nothing more than what mw2 did with theirs, a complete bore. Multiplayer is a joke, as per usual with BF games. New Title: Crawl of duty. Don't waste your money.
  91. Oct 25, 2011
    The single players, really contains crappy missions. Nothing really, no interesting story, no time and value put into it. I would have way more recommended it if the developers really forgot about the single player and just focused on the multiplayer part, and now they didn't it filled with bugs and glitches which then you get excuses that it's a beta or an alpha.
  92. Oct 25, 2011
    After a few hours of playing it is really obvious that this is a bad company game.

large maps, killed by small boundries clustered flag positions poor vehicle balance no public server files no mod tools more focus on graphics and unlocks, not core gameplay.
  93. Oct 25, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying that the multiplayer (which is why people buy battlefield games) is amazing. It's better in every way than it's predecessors. The graphics are phenomenal and it runs quite well on a modern PC. The controls are tight, responsive, and make sense. Granted the singleplayer leaves a lot to be desired but, then again, this is a battlefield game. You have to expectLet me preface this by saying that the multiplayer (which is why people buy battlefield games) is amazing. It's better in every way than it's predecessors. The graphics are phenomenal and it runs quite well on a modern PC. The controls are tight, responsive, and make sense. Granted the singleplayer leaves a lot to be desired but, then again, this is a battlefield game. You have to expect sub-par single-player experiences in battlefield games. Why did I give this game a 3 after praising it so highly? Origin. Origin is probably the worst idea to ever come out of the cesspool of bad ideas called EA. It's laggy. It's buggy. It's slow. It crashes more than RAGE did on an ATI card at launch. It's in no way, shape, or form user friendly. It records and sends entirely too much personal information to EA. Worst of all: all EA games released on the PC from this point will only be available on this utter pile of garbage. Sorry DICE, you've lost a long time customer by agreeing to use this sorry excuse for an "online platform." Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2011
    It's a team based, squad focused, tactical shooter. The year of its release is 2011. It's on the platform that invented online multiplayer and pioneered real time voice chat. And you can't talk to your squad.

How are you supposed to work as a team when you can't communicate? It's quite a shame really. The graphics are amazing, the gunplay feels good, the maps and objectives seem like

How are you supposed to work as a team when you can't communicate?

It's quite a shame really. The graphics are amazing, the gunplay feels good, the maps and objectives seem like they could be fun. I'd probably rate the game an 8 or higher if it had this absolutely essential feature. But without communication, I might as well be playing a single player game with bots. I'm deeply disappointed.
  95. Oct 25, 2011
    There was so much hype abt this game, I thought it was going to blow me away watching all the videos. Am not much into MP, prefer campaign mode. giving it a 2 for not being even half as good as I was expecting it to be.
  96. Oct 25, 2011
    great graphics but its NOT what i excepted from a FROSTBITE 2 engine. single player is failure all the way. in my opinion game was developed too fast to fit just before next call of duty...
  97. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. TheThis is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. The singleplayer story is contrived and nonsensical. I had no idea what was going on and honestly I didn't give a damn. None of the missions were any fun. Even the tank mission was quite boring. It's filled up scripted events and other CoD bull crap. I didn't bother playing the multiplayer since it's yet another modern themed shooter and I have way too many of those to begin with. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    Awesome graphics, gameplay and the game in overall is amazing. I rated this game as it would be in a perfect state... but it is not. I will tell you why. This game has so many issues after 3 weeks, so many game breaking issues that I fear to launch it. Getting disconnected randomly from EA and then this Origin crap that is literally a legal spyware in my computer. 3 weeks after launch andAwesome graphics, gameplay and the game in overall is amazing. I rated this game as it would be in a perfect state... but it is not. I will tell you why. This game has so many issues after 3 weeks, so many game breaking issues that I fear to launch it. Getting disconnected randomly from EA and then this Origin crap that is literally a legal spyware in my computer. 3 weeks after launch and we still have not a client patch.

The singleplayer campaign was interesting and fun to play, but short and unfinished. Sure, it was a script fest, but since EA has deep in it's stomach that they want to beat CoD in sales, this could be expected.

As for multiplayer. Battlelog was a nice idea but the person that coded that thing deserves a slap. Random disconnects, launching campaign when pressed "Join Server" and these are only the bugs I have encountered. The gameplay itself is awesome. Flying in jets, helis, driving tanks and destroying everything that is around you is all perfect but again, the support for this game is so poor that I am slamming my head against the wall.

The game is perfect. Gameplay is awesome but the tech support that cannot solve anything and fans need to find temporary solutions are killing it. EA/DICE needs to wake up and release a patch sooner than predicted 25th November. If the issues (random crashing, disconnects) will be addressed and fixed and if the gameplay will be smooth and without rubber banding, then it will be a true BF2 sequel. So far. It is only a jam of bugs. Shame.
  99. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is too buggy. There are still many people like me can't even start the game or crash pretty easily after some updates. We are not buying a game to "fix" it or keep finding solutions on the Internet.
  100. Aug 23, 2013
    Probably the most unplayable game EVER. Origin is the biggest pain in the az I have ever seen experienced. Everything bugs out. Why would they use a browser for matchmaking? The browser is something personalized, you can't be a sane programmer and expect to write a matchmaking system that runs inside a browser and works on every browser when you require external plugins!!! Either make aProbably the most unplayable game EVER. Origin is the biggest pain in the az I have ever seen experienced. Everything bugs out. Why would they use a browser for matchmaking? The browser is something personalized, you can't be a sane programmer and expect to write a matchmaking system that runs inside a browser and works on every browser when you require external plugins!!! Either make a plain HTML5 matchmaker that runs in a custom browser (something like steam's browser) or stay away from my own browser. I'm not going to change the configuration of MY BROWSER to play a effing game.

Bugs in the keybinding setup, random crashes, doesn't run fullscreen because you are running teamviewer in the background, bugs in the CO-OP matchmaking, friend's list in origin and inside the website doesn't sync properly. TERRIBLE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]