7.9

1. JonathanSpecter
    Mar 30, 2007
    Here's another game that was bizarrely reviewed in harsh fashion by Gamespot, where if it's not a big-name title or a the console version, it's going to get ripped a new one. Clearly, CLEARLY this title is aimed at a younger audience and features a very reasonable price to boot, yet it wasn't deep enough or worth the valuable time of the GS reviewer who must beHere's another game that was bizarrely reviewed in harsh fashion by Gamespot, where if it's not a big-name title or a the console version, it's going to get ripped a new one. Clearly, CLEARLY this title is aimed at a younger audience and features a very reasonable price to boot, yet it wasn't deep enough or worth the valuable time of the GS reviewer who must be (apparently) making a grand an hour if this game wasn't worth his efforts or a good score.
    The game features great graphics, zero bugs, tons of unlocks, lots of on-screen action, a variety of settings, solid sound design, and excellently captures the toy series it's based off of. Does the fact that it's easier (since it IS aimed at the younger audience) and some repetition equate to a full 48% off the score? Makes you wonder about the rest of their reviews, doesn't it? Hmm...
  2. BillR.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Great action-adventure gameplay. My kids (12 and 10) and I are totally hooked on the game. A nice departure from Lego Star Wars-style play, Bionicle Heroes uses an "over-the-shoulder" 3rd-person view, similar to Gears of War that works really well for this game. Other big benefits: great support for next-gen PC graphics cards with Shader Model 3 support such as on GeForce 7 and new 8 Great action-adventure gameplay. My kids (12 and 10) and I are totally hooked on the game. A nice departure from Lego Star Wars-style play, Bionicle Heroes uses an "over-the-shoulder" 3rd-person view, similar to Gears of War that works really well for this game. Other big benefits: great support for next-gen PC graphics cards with Shader Model 3 support such as on GeForce 7 and new 8 Series running a super-high widescreen resolutions makes the special effects and experience a million times better than Xbox 360 or other consoles. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2015
    I absolutely love this game. The level design is amazing, it is comical(though at times it can be annoying) and is very fun. You also get a great satisfaction destroying hordes of enemies and then getting into hero mode. Though the gameplay is rather repetitive, it never gets boring because it is constantly throwing new stuff at you. Each boss is unique and even without talking have aI absolutely love this game. The level design is amazing, it is comical(though at times it can be annoying) and is very fun. You also get a great satisfaction destroying hordes of enemies and then getting into hero mode. Though the gameplay is rather repetitive, it never gets boring because it is constantly throwing new stuff at you. Each boss is unique and even without talking have a personality. It does have a few flaws like the auto lock on which usually isn't a problem. It can make it hard to snipe though. I think it would also be okay if they added jumping. It would also be nice if the game was a bit more challenging. I've completed the game many times with never even dying. Also it's weird to hear the female toa Hahli with a man's voice. Expand
  4. Nov 8, 2018
    This game is a master piece. If you are a LEGO Bionicle Fan, this is the way to go. While you must be a Bionicle fan to actually understand this game properly, you will still enjoy it anyway, for sure. While by today's standards you might not like it that much, considering that it was realised in 2006, you can forget that. Overall a fantastic game, deserves 10/10/
  5. Dec 18, 2018
    This game gave me the feeling of when you get that epic victory royal, i had more joy playing this game than i received during the birth of my first born son, i bring this game in the front of my car and make my son sit in the back like the peasant he is in comparison to bionicles heroes for the pc. I have no need for regular pass times that other humans partake in , bionicles heroes forThis game gave me the feeling of when you get that epic victory royal, i had more joy playing this game than i received during the birth of my first born son, i bring this game in the front of my car and make my son sit in the back like the peasant he is in comparison to bionicles heroes for the pc. I have no need for regular pass times that other humans partake in , bionicles heroes for the pc is my only joy in life, this game has brought me back from depression and given me new life, this is not just the greatest game of all time but the greatest creation man has ever seen, the bible is dog sh*t in comparison to the story that is told by bionicles heroes for the pc. To conclude my head stone on my grave will not have my name, it will read "Bionicles heroes pc lover" Expand

1. Not even the allure of shiny robots with guns for arms can liven up this mind-numbingly simplistic and repetitive over-the-shoulder shooter.
  2. It's just a shame that the blocky menu system and overly generous built-in aim-assist smack of console pandering, because otherwise, this is a very competent piece of programming.
  3. Give the dev team props for the look of the game, but detract points from the score for the repetition and lack of substantial game elements, like puzzles and story.