5.4

1. Aug 11, 2020
    The whole thing was really boring for me. I like westerns, but this sucked. The main villian is 1-dimensional and doesn't even feel like a threat ever. The lore of the planet is "company is bad ree" also Judo looks like a man but sounds like a woman, is that intentional? The narrator was neat, but I didn't care about the narrator. The final boss was really cool looking, but veryThe whole thing was really boring for me. I like westerns, but this sucked. The main villian is 1-dimensional and doesn't even feel like a threat ever. The lore of the planet is "company is bad ree" also Judo looks like a man but sounds like a woman, is that intentional? The narrator was neat, but I didn't care about the narrator. The final boss was really cool looking, but very disappointing. And the cutscene just before the final boss is stupid as well, what even happened? I really disliked this DLC. Expand
  2. Jul 31, 2020
    Have you ever wanted to play through the most predictable storylines this game has had since it's inception? Have you ever wanted to find top-tier loot that has worse stats than you've been carrying since the Handsome Jackpot? Have you ever wanted to kill a final boss, and find that the highest-tier loot it dropped was two blues? Have you ever wondered what it would be like if BorderlandsHave you ever wanted to play through the most predictable storylines this game has had since it's inception? Have you ever wanted to find top-tier loot that has worse stats than you've been carrying since the Handsome Jackpot? Have you ever wanted to kill a final boss, and find that the highest-tier loot it dropped was two blues? Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Borderlands decided to give up on it's typical humor? Have you ever wanted to walk through a town, and every time you come within 50 yards of certain objects hear the narrator say the same line over and over again ("Fancy lookin' tech right there. Didn't seem like the vault hunter could use it yet though")? Have you ever wondered what it's like to find more enjoyment in lighting your own testicles on fire and rolling around in used hypodermic needles than playing the DLC you paid fifteen bucks for? Then do Gearbox and 2K have just the thing for you!

This DLC isn't worth three dollars, let alone the fifteen it's priced at. If you haven't already paid for it, don't bother.
    The story is boring and predictable, even the side quests are rehashes of the side quests from elsewhere in the franchise. The primary enemies are stale reskins of the same bandits, with the only exception being one particular enemy, which I only saw actually do it's "special move" once, which is to teleport enemies in like Tyreen did. The non-bandit enemies aren't anything to write home about either--you've got the "Devils" which are just renamed saurians, "Wyrms" which are basically someone saying "What would happen if you made a rakk into a snake, and made it spit," and you've got "Belliks" which are likely the only unique thing I could find. Enemies were incredibly easy to kill, to the point that the only times I actually died were when I had to kill myself, because my character got stuck half-way in the terrain, because at the end of the day, the bugs are as bad, if not worse than early release of the actual game. The weapons are no different than any of the other weapons you've been able to find throughout the game, and, for the most part, are actually worse than the weapons you've likely been carrying for quite a while now. Most of the chests, including the red and white chests, produced grey-tier weapons--quest reward weapons are similarly low tier, albeit higher "quality" and score, but only just barely enough to warrant their existence.
    The story is clunky, short, predictable, forced, and much of the acting skills reflect the writing. The "reveal" of who "The Company" truly is, obviously, is meant to be some sort of "Oh damn" surprise moment, but in reality, the answer is thrown in your face since minute one of understanding what the DLC is even about.
  3. Jul 12, 2020
    I would rather play the main story 3x over. It was boring predictable and annoying. I wish I only paid the 15 bucks for guns love and tentacles. That's the only dlc worthy of the price. BL3 is a dumpster fire and it can't be fixed
  4. Jul 9, 2020
    Ну это даже сложно воспринимать как что-то реальное. Просто нет слов. Нет, ну вы это видели. Я по началу был поражен проработкой, но это всё шалуха, за обёрткой ровным счётом стоит ничего. Это провал, люди, это полный провал!Ну это даже сложно воспринимать как что-то реальное. Просто нет слов. Нет, ну вы это видели. Я по началу был поражен проработкой, но это всё шалуха, за обёрткой ровным счётом стоит ничего. Это провал, люди, это полный провал!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 3, 2020
    Not to be overly negative, though, considering Borderlands 3 still offers the kind of loot diversity that most competing titles could only dream of. It's still the best in its class, but its class isn't particularly innovative or inspiring from a gameplay or interactivity perspective.
  2. Jun 29, 2020
    On the narrative front, there are some valuable creative flashes, perfectly consistent with the tones of a western story that moves within a stylistically excellent setting, but we cannot help but perceive the DLC as a wasted opportunity.
  3. Jun 26, 2020
    As a whole, Bounty of Blood is well worth the time and cost because it really is an enjoyable experience. I highly recommend this DLC and look forward to what else Gearbox has up their sleeves. It’s nice to see they were able to get this game back on course after putting ourselves through that painful main campaign.