3.1

1. Oct 16, 2018
    i haven't played CoD since Black Ops 1 and this is precisely the same thing except there is NO singleplayer.

The netcode is an absolute joke. Hit boxes feel huge and all your shots connect. It may be nice for consoles but on PC, this is just an absolute joke.

Most maps are from Black Ops 1 too

I regret buying it and I wish I could sell it.
  2. Oct 22, 2018
    Absolutely can’t believe they are joining the cookie cutter rehash online game only garbage while riding on laurels from previous releases. Zombies isn’t going to keep people coming to shell out $59.99 US for a multiplayer only game and then have to buy DLC for the next year just to continue to play with the same boring recycled maps over and over.

What a shame how treyarch has

What a shame how treyarch has destroyed a legacy game for the sole purpose of profit. Buying a game is like an interactive book and the story is what I myself buy them for because I want to enjoy a good bit of fiction with a goal. Enough of this cookie cutter multiplayer crap with DLC hopes because every game previous to this that was mutiplaher has failed because it just became redundant trash. Honestly I truly think they play on the new gamers every year coming of age to play and parents keep buying this garbage to appease them. The gaming community is upside down with greed and the gamers suffer for it.

Gone are the days of blockbuster engines that produce insanely beautiful and smooth graphics, now it’s being out an ancient overplayed engine and soon new models and call it a game again and again.

I’m a PC gamer from the days of old and I spend thousands on new hardware annually to have the best. Then pieces of garbage like this come out and it has me wondering why the PC gaming community has shrunk so badly. Because you can’t return the game and the games coming out don’t require new hardware annually because of stale dated engines that produce the same crap over and over again in a different wrapper.

Thanks Treyarch you’ve successfully trashed another once first class title and reduced it to a doorstop.
    My advice, Fire who is leading this abortion of a development team and actually work to make a title with buying. Treyarch should be ashamed of themselves.
  3. Oct 19, 2018
    Stability on release: 2/10 (Holy mother of bugs)
    Graphics: 5/10 (mediocre)
    Hero Class system: 5/10 (boring and almost not present) Netcode: 4/10 (different netcode every match, hit reg really off) Skins and farmable items: 3/10 (severely lacking) regular Pvp: 5/10 (okay but recycled and stale) Blackout: 5/10 (Fast paced mediocrity and slow waiting
    Stability on release: 2/10 (Holy mother of bugs)
    Graphics: 5/10 (mediocre)
    Hero Class system: 5/10 (boring and almost not present)
    Netcode: 4/10 (different netcode every match, hit reg really off)
    Skins and farmable items: 3/10 (severely lacking)
    regular Pvp: 5/10 (okay but recycled and stale)
    Blackout: 5/10 (Fast paced mediocrity and slow waiting times)
    Zombies: 6/10
    Maps: 4/10 (most are recycled)
    Weapons: 4/10 (horrible balance)
    Total Average: 4.3/10
    For PC, on release, this game has more bugs than an Anthill. One would think that with a 980 TI, 16 gb ram, and a 8700k that everything would be smooth for a cod title which usually implies fairly low stress on components but alas this was definitely not the case. Every 2-3 games the game crashes. Textures flicker on everything. textures disappear, The game reset my video settings for framerate after a crash. The game runs at highly variable frame rate. The game stutters. The game freezes. The game forgets perks you were using. The netcode is either alright or completely amiss. What the hell Treyarch? Also, the game has no campaign. Zombies is the only good thing about it, and everything else is just hype and bland gameplay. Theres no skins to farm, hardly any weapons. Alot of maps are recycled making you feel like you are playing an older title black ops. This game should be worth around 20-30$ and feels like an indie developer was struggling to make it. They banked on the hype of their Battle royale mode, which honestly is extremely shallow. I'd rather stick to fornite/pubg than the fast paced mockery of a BR title that's in this game. definitely regret the purchase.
  4. Oct 18, 2018
    A totally disaster. I just cannot start it .Countless crashes in the game have eliminated my patience.
  5. Oct 20, 2018
    Эта игра полное говно! Если вы вдруг задумались брать её или нет, то для начала сходите к врачу, а потом поймите что покупать ЭТО за минимум 2к рублей- это идиотизм. Я никогда так не жалел о покупке игры, а я между прочим купил PUBG и CS:GO. Так зачем же я это сделал? -"ЛУЧШИЙ БАТЛ РОЯЛЬ В МИРЕ"- вот из-за этой фразы, я люблю этот режим, но нормальных его представителей как не было (так иЭта игра полное говно! Если вы вдруг задумались брать её или нет, то для начала сходите к врачу, а потом поймите что покупать ЭТО за минимум 2к рублей- это идиотизм. Я никогда так не жалел о покупке игры, а я между прочим купил PUBG и CS:GO. Так зачем же я это сделал? -"ЛУЧШИЙ БАТЛ РОЯЛЬ В МИРЕ"- вот из-за этой фразы, я люблю этот режим, но нормальных его представителей как не было (так и нет) PUBG настолько надоел всеми своими проблемами что я решился потратить 2к на КАЛ оф дюти млять. Что в итоге? Ну про оптимизацию можно молчать. Игра которая по сути из 13-го года просит больше чем PUBG, мыло от которого я не смог избавиться (скорее всего дело во мне). Игры, которые ты ищешь по 10 минут в итоге попадая к 20-ти противникам ДИНАМИКА ШО ПИ3ДЕЦ! Режими из старых КАЛ оф дюти. Персонажи от туда же. Нету одиночки. КОРОЧЕ СУКА АКТИВИЖОН ЗА ЧТО ТУТ ПЛАТИТЬ 2К? КТО НИБУДЬ СКАЖИТЕ ЗА ЧТО Я, МУДАК ТАКОЙ, ОТДАЛ 2 ТЫСЯЧИ? Expand
  6. Oct 13, 2018
    Hardly even a complete game. There is very little content, and one that is in is dull and boring. 20$ game at best. Very few people playing too. Glitches all around. No improvement of any kind compared to previous game. Blackout is more dynamic then PUBG but over PUBG, with all its glitches, does it better. Waste.
  7. Oct 12, 2018
    "Noone gives a f** about you" says adv- yea thats true, they dont care about gamers. They just give us another ugly boring Cod game for 60$, this time without even single player campaign, but with lame battle royale mode. Its as bad as ever. Avoid.
  8. Oct 12, 2018
    Black Ops 4 is literally Black Ops 3.5.

It's not innovating and not fun at all, here's why. 1) It's now only on the Blizzard client which means they cut the user-base more than half. Why not release it on both Blizzard and Steam? No harm, no foul. 2) $60. For $60 you get Multiplayer/competitive, Battle Royale and Zombies. Back then (years ago) we got, a Campaign,
    Black Ops 4 is literally Black Ops 3.5.

It's not innovating and not fun at all, here's why.

2) $60. For $60 you get Multiplayer/competitive, Battle Royale and Zombies. Back then (years ago) we got, a Campaign, Multiplayer/competitive and Zombies. Now you pay more for less. They put all their development resources into Battle Royale so they skipped out on the Campaign.

3) Battle Royale. 80% of players who bought Black Ops 4 are playing Blackout, the Battle Royale mode in this game. It's not a standalone game, not free or let's say $5 - 20 dollars, it's an add-on which means this tacked-on gamemode will die once the next Call of Duty comes out. Horrible business model. Did I mean it's unbalanced which it needs the standalone release for consistent updates?

4) Remastered maps. The development team lost it's "soul" and they just recreate old maps and make them "new" in order to not make new maps. Back to the not being innovating.

5) Operators. These "specialists" are basically Operators from Rainbow Six: Siege now. Back to the not being innovating.

6) Server tick-rate is low which means locked FPS.

7) Gameplay. Everyone is "squishy." You need to put 2 - 3 magazines into someone in order to kill them. Hardcore is best way to play for this type of game. If not, have fun going around a corner and someone camping it.

Non-PC issue:
    7) No cross-platform, Xbox players and PlayStation players can't play with each other.
  9. Oct 12, 2018
    Unfortunately Black ops 4 is "Meh" at best. The BR-Mode is polished but sadly ... Pubg does it better. The MP brings nothing new, definitely not worth 59.99 Euros, more like 29.99. Would refund if I could.
  10. Oct 12, 2018
    More like Lack Ops.

More like Lack Ops.

I played the Beta for this game prior to its release, as i've done with each CoD, out of morbid curiosity and to confirm them as being not worth a purchase. Like each CoD before it since which ever the last good one was (which varies depending on who you ask, I'm going to say CoD 4, tentatively), it's a rehash of the same tired whack-a-mole gameplay that characterizes each installment, on the same old jury-rigged Quake 3 engine, the same awful netcode, with I'm sure what will be the same obnoxiously overpriced map packs, and the same sour taste it leaves in your mouth. And yet, each manages to be even worse then the preceding game each time, in this case by taking the already used and abused "character shooter" setup, providing even more ways to die to something you didn't see coming, and injecting, of all the half-baked dimwittery, a "battle royale" mode. They even had the unmitigated gall to not even bother adding a singleplayer campaign, the only part of CoD that was ever any real fun. Oh and for the diuretic icing on the **** sundae, there's microtransactions. And if the betas for WW2, Black Ops 3 and this game were any indication, the downward spiral persists to this day. The one for Infinite Warfare didn't even work. One of these days CoD will get so bad it will actually lose Activision a a lot of money, and then we can put this undead franchise back in the ground where it belongs.

Treyarch got to make good games, once. Anybody remember Die by the Sword?
  11. Oct 12, 2018
    No splitscreen support/ "Not a console port" my ass. 0/10 unplayable without splitscreen. Will change review and buy game again if patched.
  12. Nov 12, 2018
    Netcode, hitboxes, tickrate, this is disaster. Sometimes you'll wait 15 minutes to join DM game.
  13. Nov 11, 2018
    Greedy, greedy, greedy, very greedy devs. Pay for full game, then either $200 more or be underdog for 250+hours. pay-to-win greed at its worst. of course there will be no single player part any more - devs cant pay-to-win that so why bother at all
  14. Nov 5, 2018
    Simply the Worst game i played on 2018. Servers always kicking you out.
    My internet is fast 400mb and ping 20 feels like 100, symply unplayable.
    Graphics are VERY BAD,
    4k ultra settings RTX2080ti and they simply look like games for PS4 in 2015
  15. Oct 24, 2018
    Multiplayer is sort of nice but most of the maps are from Black Out 1 lol... sooo not much work put into it. THey removed the SP campaign, OH! almost forgot... BLACK OUT (BR Mode) IS A DISASTER!!!

The game constantly crashes (and when it crashes you lose all progress of the round ofc - regardless if it's black out or MP), party invites work only 60-70% of the time, Updates are being pushed like crazy making us constantly quit the game to update client, and servers run on 20Hz meaning what you see is not in line with the damage you make or take - making it possible to "shot enemies around the corners" as some would say.

Graphics are really Sh**ty almost no progress system in black out (BR) - just some character skins that u unlock at really high levels that are not easy to come by or by doing some stupid hard things before winning a match.

All in all I payed 60$ for a Triple A title, and got something worse and with less content than an indie studio can (AND HAS) develop like PUBG.

One last point, the Black Out map (yes only one!) is about the size of sanhok from PUBG so about 4x4 and given the fast paced gameplay that COD normally has that is WAY WAAAAAY to small. Literally no place you can parachute that is safe so you can learn the game or have time to check what attachments do and all that.

Sh*t GAME
  16. Nov 12, 2018
    This is the worst of the worst fps cod games in the history of man kind and any other known universe

Do NOT buy this pieceee of **** and save you money for REAL fps games My humble comments below about the game: (BLACKOUT MODE) Its the first time in my life that i play a specific fps which you shoot the other guy in the &%% head with the sniper and he doesn't dies instantly

Do NOT buy this pieceee of **** and save you money for REAL fps games

My humble comments below about the game:

(BLACKOUT MODE) Its the first time in my life that i play a specific fps which you shoot the other guy in the &%% head with the sniper and he doesn't dies instantly BECAUSE of ''armor''. He must have armor forged from god and the seven dwarfs

(MULTIPLAYER/BLACKOUT MODE) Its also my first time in my life that i shoot a guy and he still hops like a &%^$ immortal rabbit and he kills me with &$%$ hops

(MULTIPLAYER MODE) The FIRST fps in the world ladies and gentlemen that the ''AK-47'' look alike future weapon requires a full magazine to kill the other player. And also the FIRST fps that you have a $%#& shotgun that shoots fire bullets which also the best shooting range that any sniper in all fps games.

GOOD LUCK playing with the best game ever made!
  17. Nov 13, 2018
    Black Ops 4 is good in the way going to a casino or one of those vacations where you have to sit through a time-share presentation are good. It's flashy at first glance, designed to impress and draw you in but, ultimately, it feels empty and disappointing unless you are ready to spend more money to go "all in". The influence of Activision's bottom line is apparent in this game to theBlack Ops 4 is good in the way going to a casino or one of those vacations where you have to sit through a time-share presentation are good. It's flashy at first glance, designed to impress and draw you in but, ultimately, it feels empty and disappointing unless you are ready to spend more money to go "all in". The influence of Activision's bottom line is apparent in this game to the point that it distracts, which is a shame, because the shell of this thing is still just as promisingly solid as it was with Black Ops 2.

The Multiplayer game play is solidly “Black Ops”. You spawn, shoot, progress, and repeat, which is as rewarding as it has ever been, for better or worse. Each level of progression gained grants you a new toy to equip and play with and each new toy typically has different attachments to earn, as has been the norm with CODs since time immemorial. As in other Black Ops titles, one can "Prestige" their player level and gear, trading off the minor inconvenience of having to unlock everything again with the benefits of unique identity markers, a permanent unlock token, and unspoken bragging rights. On a side note for weapon progression: The Operator Mod feature, new to the Black Ops series, allows the player to modify a weapon in ways that change its fundamental performance, sometimes to its benefit but also, sometimes, to its detriment. Barring balancing issues, this feature has a lot of potential and should be considered a "keeper" for the series going forward. It keeps weapons that may have started to grow stale a little more “fresh”.

In addition to Multiplayer, the Blackout and Zombies modes are satisfyingly robust for what they are. Very little change is needed to make these formulas work.
    The multiple Zombies scenarios are interesting, if not a little convoluted, and I can see myself trying to puzzle them out for many months to come, most likely eventually caving in and looking up strats on youtube. One important note on Zombies: If possible, ensure you have a good group of online friends that will talk to you. Playing solo and silent is a singularly depressing experience.

Blackout is what probably drew a lot of the pre-sale numbers we're seeing and some of that hype is well-deserved. The map is solid and the movement around it feels properly athletic. Even out in the dangerous open, you don’t feel completely vulnerable. Aside from some minor item spawn problems, a typical Blackout experience is an enjoyable one, regardless of preferred BR play style. I do enjoy the inclusion of tier rewards in Blackout, since it’s really the only place you can utilize the numerous gestures (what happened to emoting on a “winner’s circle screen at the end of Multiplayer rounds, Treyarch?!?!) and sprays that seems to fill the Black Market inventory to the brim. Having played a fair bit of PUBG and Fortnight, I personally think Blackout is the best version of BR out there right now.

Alas, Activision’s gonna Activision, so those enjoyable elements predictably deliver a fleeting and hollow satisfaction when shadowed by the COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE drawbacks present in Black Ops 4.
    The game still crashes regularly in all modes, usually when the action gets intense and you are fully invested in ducking, dodging, and diving. When a crash happens, all progression gained during that round is lost. Nothing is worse than making it to a top 5 situation in Blackout, specialist achievement requirements met for an unlock, 10 kills under your belt, only to suffer a dreaded “Jaded Mamba” error. It wouldn’t be as bad if we still got to keep our progression but, again, Black Ops 4 fails to meet basic expectations and leaves us wanting more.

OK, the big one. The main contention, BY FAR, I have with Black Ops 4 is the micro transaction and Black Market tier reward schemes. Regardless of what your opinion is on if the rewards are worth it, this is a clearly manipulative system designed to coerce players with more money than sense into spending to achieve higher rewards. In a free to play game, this behavior could be considered acceptable, but Black Ops 4 is not a free to play game. It is disgusting to require players to pay at least $60 for the opportunity to pay more for content that is locked behind additional pay walls.

In conclusion, Activision, you've done it again. You've taken a solid game play experience with a rich history and continued to chip away at everything people love about it in an attempt to make more money. I hope it comes back to bite you in the ass one day.
  18. Nov 15, 2018
    Overpriced for what it is.
    *Boring zombies, as well as confusing on what's going on
    *VERY small maps. Domination? Forget about it. Spawn killers will sit at point B and still kill you once you spawn *Terrible spawn points. Spawning right on your back? Yes! Activision got you covered on this. * No way to get a refund. Once you click "play" in Blizzard app, you got the game. That's a
    Overpriced for what it is.
    *Boring zombies, as well as confusing on what's going on
    * No way to get a refund. Once you click "play" in Blizzard app, you got the game. That's a reason why it wasn't released on Steam - to avoid terrible reviews in Store itself
    * Softcore = 150% of life. Add medic packs to it, and turns out you'll use 2 mags to kill 1 person.
    * Hardcore is just fine, but then again, here comes very small maps and terrible spawn points
    * Hitoboxes are terribly big
    Now to usability part:
    Graphics: 2/5, just a meh, nothing special and no different to previous parts
    Performance: 1/5, cannot utilise CPU properly
    Gaming experience: would be good, but above things kill it instantly

Just avoid. Don't waste 50GBP like I did.
  19. Jan 3, 2019
    Game is nice but not AAA quality, still worst than MW. And now that micro-transactions. Are they insane 1$ for red dot? What next? Start game button for 20$?
  20. Nov 1, 2018
    The game doesn't have skill-based matchmaking and thus is too much toxic. It means if you are a noob and you've purchased this game yesterday it'll put you in the same lobby with mad-skilled nerd kids with no life and they will rip you apart. You have to spend tens of hours for training your skills and start actually enjoying it. Otherwise - prepare to die every 10 seconds. I don't enjoyThe game doesn't have skill-based matchmaking and thus is too much toxic. It means if you are a noob and you've purchased this game yesterday it'll put you in the same lobby with mad-skilled nerd kids with no life and they will rip you apart. You have to spend tens of hours for training your skills and start actually enjoying it. Otherwise - prepare to die every 10 seconds. I don't enjoy it a all and I wish I could refund it. Waste of money. Also no singleplayer campaign, few set of maps (only small 11 maps + one blackout for $60, I'm not joking). Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2018
    You can see which "independent" and "journalistic" gaming magazines are bought and paid for positive reviews.

The USER Score is the REAL one.
    This game is absolutely garbage and the only thing thats good is the BR Blackout mode.
    There for i gave 3 Points, without Blackout it would be a 0,000000
  22. Oct 30, 2018
    You sell it as an only-multiplayer game and it's so full of networking/matchmaking problem that seems it has not passed the minimal QA tests. Playing from Latin America requires 30 minutes to start a blackout session , with only 30 people. 4 hours of waiting in total, 20 minutes of actual gaming. Asked for a refund for that, Blizzard throwed the problem to Activision/Treyarch. They do notYou sell it as an only-multiplayer game and it's so full of networking/matchmaking problem that seems it has not passed the minimal QA tests. Playing from Latin America requires 30 minutes to start a blackout session , with only 30 people. 4 hours of waiting in total, 20 minutes of actual gaming. Asked for a refund for that, Blizzard throwed the problem to Activision/Treyarch. They do not respond to a single damn question on their forums. Simply wasted 50 USD for a piece of crap. NEVER going to buy again a Call of Duty game. Expand
  23. Nov 1, 2018
    Blackout: It's fun - the saving grace of this release.

Standard multiplayer: A nauseating blend of poorly balanced maps, weapons, arcade style gun play, 'special' [magic] abilities, bunny hopping, knee-sliding, quick scoping, akimbo-wielding, 'score streaks' and 'operators' [heroes?]. In other words, it's a giant f***ing mess. Like all the CoD's from the past 10 years, this is a
    Blackout: It's fun - the saving grace of this release.

In other words, it's a giant f***ing mess.

Like all the CoD's from the past 10 years, this is a casual fps experience which rewards unrealistic and arcade style play - bunny hopping around a corner and quick scoping an opponent sounds fine, except the hit boxes are huge and the reticle barely needs to cross the body for the shot to register as a hit.

This is quite common for console FPS games, which have to mitigate for the lack of dexterity/accuracy a controller provides, but on PC feels cheap and unskilled.

At this rate, this game will likely lose 90% of it's current player base within 6 months, leaving roughly 5k people worldwide on pc, not unlike every other CoD for the past decade. If you like playing TDM for the next +/- year until the next cod release, go right ahead.

I would say otherwise if they removed all the perks and abilities, operators and score streaks, and took this back to being a bare bones fps (where it came from) - but that won't happen. Even if the game is losing millions of players per release, so long as it sells a million on consoles, it will continue to be based around that demographic.

Buyer beware.
  24. Oct 26, 2018
    A very shiny turd. If your going to make a decent game at least play what your making before releasing it. EVERYTHING was just overlooked for improvements.
  25. Oct 29, 2018
    If you don't want to play Blackout (and really even if you do), don't buy this game. I am a COD fan, but this is terrible. No skill, run and gun. Whatever gun shoots bullets faster = wins. I hadn't bought a COD game in a few years and this is the last one I'll ever buy.
  26. Oct 30, 2018
    UNPLAYABLE for AVERAGE PLAYERS with AVERAGE BROADBAND SPEED.!!
    I've been purchasing this game since the Very first one in 2007, I consider myself as reasonable average player.!
    I wasn't going to purchase this latest game due to last year's COD being aimed at the better players with fast/Super fast broadband, but decided to buy again........... WOW, What a mistake..!! If you're an
    UNPLAYABLE for AVERAGE PLAYERS with AVERAGE BROADBAND SPEED.!!

If you're an average standard or below player.... DO NOT BUY THIS GAME as it's virtually unplayable for the average player with an average broadband speed ..!!
  27. Oct 31, 2018
    Where do I start. The game is buggy as hell. often it does crash while starting. Even if it is not, I cannot max out graphics settings on my 1080TI, because then it crashes.

The gameplay is not better. 20Hz tickrate makes it unplayable. But that has been fixed now. Killstreaks give rewards such as Bombardmends, automatic turrets etc. This means the better team gets massive additional firepower, and the weaker team gets really devastated. So if you are in the inferior team, prepare to suffer.
    This leads me to the next problem: players quit as soon as they see they are in the weaker team. Understandable, who wants to get kicked in the ass by the soon coming enemy rewards? This means that often its a 1 or 2v5 in multiplayer. Sounds like fun? Not to me...
    There seems to be no balancing. Either you are the far superior team, or you get pounded.
    In addition, the game rewards you playing more by unlocking weapon and general perks. Meaning the longer you play, the deadlier your weapons and your character become. So this is again a slaughterfest for new players. yaaay. I've grinded myself through the process to get the best weapons, and let me tell you, it is a night and day difference. Still, all that kept me motivated was getting better stuff, so the game would suck less. And it does, but it still sucks.
    The weapons do have different effective engagement distances, and need different playstyles, which is good I guess. There is always one weapon that is far far superior to the others. Guess how long it takes to unlock the best low to midrange weapon (the dubble uzi like weapon)? Yes, you have to level up all the way.

The multiplayer maps are small and built in a way that you cannot jump on a lot of objects. It is very restrictive. You have to learn what you can and cannot do in these maps.
    The graphics are very "plasticy". Other games have far superior visuals. If the game does not crash, however, it is very smooth and I did not detect many framedrops.

Zombie mode is ok. Battle royale still suffers from a very low tickrate, so is no fun to play,

I wish I could return the game. I will never buy another CoD. In a year the player base is probably gone just like with the older cods. Needless to say, if the tickrate in the beta was as low as it is now, and if I could have played the multiplayer part, I would NEVER have purchased it. So thanks activision for luring me into buying what I did not want.
  28. Oct 31, 2018
    Blizzard is not backing up the game and this is beyond **** I will no longer support Blizzard games, at any cost.
  29. Nov 4, 2018
    This is the worst FPS gaming experience I have ever had. I stopped buying COD games 8 years ago and hoped something had changed with the series. NOPE, they still do not care/understand the importance of having Dedicated Servers for a PC game. I am disconnected from a match multiple times a day, you cannot have a clan server, you cannot control who comes and goes, lag switches, etc.

In

In my opinion this COD is even worse than the ones I played in the past, the reasons I stopped buying them. The only good thing they've done is remove nade spamming, everything other issue is still there or worse. I bought this to have something until Battlefield 5 comes out, a REAL FPS game. Never should of bought this trash, I went 8 years without buying one, now I'll got 60 more.
  30. Aug 2, 2019
    Yes i have over two hundred hours into this game because in its core it is a fun game. The new engine is refreshing and Blackout is also a nice gamemode. The fact that a 60€ game feels like a free to play game though because its vomiting its microtransactions at you in every single menu and yet still the game crashes after nearly a year of patchtime is just ridiculous. Even treyarch itsYes i have over two hundred hours into this game because in its core it is a fun game. The new engine is refreshing and Blackout is also a nice gamemode. The fact that a 60€ game feels like a free to play game though because its vomiting its microtransactions at you in every single menu and yet still the game crashes after nearly a year of patchtime is just ridiculous. Even treyarch its isnt satisfied with the state of the game.
    The management of activision is rotten to its core. No wonder the stocks are crashing like crazy.
  31. Nov 9, 2018
    Its Fine.

Nothing to write home about but equaly nothing to screech about on the internet. Incredibly unbalanced , but to be expected from COD at this point. The biggest complaint about this game (other than the significant bugs in the code) is the lack of any "soul" to the game. It merely feels like the combination of ripped out elements of other games. I don't know if this
    Its Fine.

Incredibly unbalanced , but to be expected from COD at this point.

The biggest complaint about this game (other than the significant bugs in the code) is the lack of any "soul" to the game. It merely feels like the combination of ripped out elements of other games. I don't know if this partly down to the lack of any single player, but it has significantly curtailed my play time with this iteration of the franchise.

Should be better for the price tag but equally you have to ask yourself, what were you expecting?
  32. Nov 2, 2018
    might be alright but i havent found a game in the lobby yet

zombies looks cheesy
  33. Nov 14, 2018
    Игра просто ёбаный кусок говна нахуй. Просто ёбаный кусок говнины. Вы по другую сторону урала? Забудьте про эту поеботину. Если в ебатл рояле вы еще сможете что-либо высрать то в обоссанейшей сетевухе вы будете сосать хуи. 70% игры для вас это префайер. В вашу ебасосину.Игра просто ёбаный кусок говна нахуй. Просто ёбаный кусок говнины. Вы по другую сторону урала? Забудьте про эту поеботину. Если в ебатл рояле вы еще сможете что-либо высрать то в обоссанейшей сетевухе вы будете сосать хуи. 70% игры для вас это префайер. В вашу ебасосину.
  34. Nov 2, 2018
    I didn't bought into the past 3 Call of Duty Games and thought i could give it a try again, i was wrong this is by far the worst Call of Duty i ever played. Tickrate of 30, Servers are utter trash. ALL Maps are just junk, no fun, nothing to brag about. Gunplay feels bad, Game is more like Quake without any exitement Quake has. Hardcore mode is "Who draws first", wich would be fine, if youI didn't bought into the past 3 Call of Duty Games and thought i could give it a try again, i was wrong this is by far the worst Call of Duty i ever played. Tickrate of 30, Servers are utter trash. ALL Maps are just junk, no fun, nothing to brag about. Gunplay feels bad, Game is more like Quake without any exitement Quake has. Hardcore mode is "Who draws first", wich would be fine, if you couldn't bet on any Gun. The Netcode is so bad, i'd rather play BF3 alpha then this. Tbh the Blackout mode is the most polished Battleroyale out there, but i dislike battleroyale because it's a useless cheap mode, even cheaper then Teamdeathmatch. They went out and released a Game that costs almost nothing and removed every feature i liked. I enjoyed the Campaigns quiet a bit, quess what, - no campaign at all, instead we get Battleroyale Hypetrain ****

The Maps overall are the Worst i ever experienced in a Call of Duty installment, i finally will never buy a CoD Game again, i hate the fakt that **** Games like this make it at the market, they are cheap and easy to consume and people fall for it. The Over-Americanized Trashtalk every Character spits out all the time is unbelievable childish and stupid. I wish everyone employed at the involved companys finds a new job, since i really wish for those companys to go bankrupt asap. CoD is Dead since MW.
  35. Nov 4, 2018
    Another horrible COD that even BR could not save. They jumped on the BR bandwagon, copied and pasted the maps, took no time for a single player, and changed nothing about multiplayer from the last 3 games. Utter garbage and Im glad to see new games coming out this week instead.
  36. Nov 5, 2018
    I cant play to that crap! Ping 20, but feels like 100. Disconnects all the time!
  37. Nov 5, 2018
    Too much recycled maps, bad servers, overpriced, no campaign and literally nothing new, except blackout, which is exactly same thing what pubg is
  38. Nov 12, 2018
    'Black Ops 4 brings nothing new to the gaming industry'.

'Black Ops 4 brings nothing new to the gaming industry'.

If you're looking for a quick FPS that's full of old elements of gameplay from its predecessors, look no further. As one of many of Call of Duty's longtime playing fans, I was utterly disappointed with the approach the developers had taken with this game from the start. The hasty decision to remove a Singleplayer campaign, accompanied with the return of three remastered predecessors' maps was a show of laziness in several areas of the game. Adding Blackout to this game (Battle Royale mode) is, seemingly, pushing players away from the base multiplayer game modes. By sacrificing the game's singleplayer, it evidently loses elements of purpose and a 'hey I've been here before on campaign' moment.

Call of duty's biggest selling point was its storyline (including Black Ops), where the singleplayer acted as a training ground to encourage players to take in the environment around them.

The preorder sales seem to be judging this game as good, but in reality, people are buying this game for the 'fortnite' element and not for the mutiplayer modes. It seems that Activision has taken the simple approach of making as much as they can, with no regard to the quality of what their making, as we've seen with their previous games in the past.

The departure of Directors and people with a focus for quality storylines and gameplay like Robert Bowling (forever remembered as Modern Warfare's mastermind) and Dave Anthony (Black Ops' mastermind) has clearly taken a toll on the game's future and direction.

Activision needs to have a serious meeting with their directors or find new ones with a mindset for building quality, jawdropping, and realistic gameplay that will draw back from its roots to regain its lost fanbase. The new fanbase that its attracting (fortnite/battle royale players) is putting its future at risk with competing with games that have a sole player base and purpose, and could knock Blackout with infrastructure improvements.

Overall this game for me is a 'Do Not Touch' as nothing has improved or changed since CoD WW2 or Black Ops 2.
  39. Nov 12, 2018
    This game is a harsh reminder of why COD will never be popular on PC again and how little Activision cares about the PC platform.

This game feels like it's free to play competition and I mean this in multiple ways, firstly the gameplay: This games UI tricks you into thinking this game will play solid as its well designed and shows off tonnes of weapons and abilities and cool slick new

This games UI tricks you into thinking this game will play solid as its well designed and shows off tonnes of weapons and abilities and cool slick new characters, it doesn't, the game feels like a bad free to play game, the time to kill is so high that I thought I was playing World of Tanks. (ha, get it?)

With discount servers, poor hit detection and balance that seems it was formulated under the influence of certain substances, this game really does feel hollow and fundamentally broken.

With the "boots on the ground promise" freshly on my mind I was surprised to find out that this game has more frantic movement in it than Fortnite, players jumping around and sidestepping at high speeds paired with terrible servers makes this game feel just "Ugh".

Again with the comparison to free to play shooters, this games cosmetics are mostly locked behind a "battlepass" type build where players must complete challenges and earn EXP in order to unlock cool looking character and weapon skins.

While you don't have to pay monthly like fortnite for it, it's extremely slow (some believe purposefully) to entice players to buy COD coins? COD gold? COD points? whatever they are called to push progression further forward. (Games as service remember guys)

Now onto one of the biggest reasons for my low score. Optimization, the game runs at a solid 120fps or 60fps when i enabled the framelimiter, I do not have performance issues with this game.

I have massive stability issues instead, my game never crashes but the game does try to use 100% at all times of my CPU (I5 7500) and will freeze and microstutter every so often.

This made the game unplayable for a good 3 months since release until 2 days ago Nvidia stepped in to fix the game with a Driver update, because Beenox are terrible at porting games.

This all said, the 2 actual points i'm giving this review belong to the Zombies modes, extremely well done, love the storytelling of a mindless gamemode, it shows that the team who works on it are actually competent.

The Blackout mode is basically PUBG with the muitiplayer assets so no credit there.

2/10 Activision should have an In-house studio working on PC games, with that much raw resource and pull they have no excuse for a game this horrible. How the critics gave this anywhere over 5 really is an indictment on how corrupt game journalism is.

A real shame.
  40. Nov 17, 2018
    Useless pay for this **** 53€. No more Activision.. No balance, no true, "fresh start below next progress" Always errors connection .. Blackout is joke too. Idiotic arcade mode (like fortnite - its free). So disappointed .. This mark is death for me (iam 35y old who played FPS all the time since quake2)
  41. Dec 1, 2018
    Probably the worst game I have played in years. I don't recall hating a gaming experience this much. I am furious at myself for wasting 60 USD on this, I have learnt my lesson and Activision will never get my cash again. I registed on metacritic just to post this. I have been playing pc games for more than a decade and I have never felt that urge to post such review. Disgusting.
  42. Jan 3, 2019
    now with microtransactions!
    on a 60 to 100€ game that doesn't have single player
  43. May 21, 2019
    I made a metacritic account just to **** on this horrible game.
    Il start of with what I think it's positive:
    The gameplay is good the movement feels great the sounds feel awesome shooting guns here feels very very well made, the operators are enjoyable (not all). I think to be fair that's all I can manage to enjoy. Negative: The maps are straight up trash, I don't feel like I have
    I made a metacritic account just to **** on this horrible game.
    Il start of with what I think it's positive:

The maps are straight up trash, I don't feel like I have freedom I feel like I can't move in places I want to go. The balancing is straight up trash I mean where can you use snipers? Probably on 1 map (If you didin't buy the DLC maps) + **** the DLC don't even want to talk about that) shotguns are straight up OverPowered. All of the maps are 90% close range which make rifles trash and just useless almoust all the time.
    The balancing on ho you are againt's is trash I go againts level 200+ and it's just not fun to go againt's people that just destroy you use **** weapons and then they love to trash talk you. I would like to go againts lvl 50 people even if im a lvl 10 I just don't want to go againt's 200 or even 100+ players it ruins my enjoyment when I get destroyed all the time.
    I bought this game trough Humble BUndle and I wanted to get it to play Zombies but it looks like zombies is blocked behind a wall of 20€ so... can't talk about that for some reason.

Finale:
    I mean the game is a mess and even if I payed 12$ it still feels bad I feel even worse for people that payed 60$ for this trash. If you are a cod veteran that played = Cod2, Cod Waw, Cod mw1 Cod mw2
    just don't buy this game don't support them even for respect just don't It's trash.
    Every cod is ****ting in the mouth of the next one putting more microtransactions blocking maps splitting the playerbase in half or more.
  44. Jun 26, 2019
    Black ops 4 is a good game at it's core, although, since release, it has become a more than generic p2w game that doesn't listen to it's community at all. Examples of this are the newly added Weapon bribes, that allows a player to unlock new weapons normally locked in multiplayer. The community hated it, and despite their very negative response to the actions made by activision, they soonBlack ops 4 is a good game at it's core, although, since release, it has become a more than generic p2w game that doesn't listen to it's community at all. Examples of this are the newly added Weapon bribes, that allows a player to unlock new weapons normally locked in multiplayer. The community hated it, and despite their very negative response to the actions made by activision, they soon added exactly the same thing to their battle royale gamemode. Don't buy this game, unless you want to be used for money purposes SOLELY, by the company. Expand
  45. Nov 27, 2018
    минус за нюкетаун. минус за тупые респы в спину ( в калл оф дьюти 2 такого не было) минус за килстрики. минус за тупой баланс игры.
  46. Dec 7, 2018
    The worst cod I've ever played for sure a technical mess and horrible rng based game play due to specialist with free kill buttons and bad map design. The PC is definitely the worst place to play this games multiplayer due to horrible balancing and a lazy port.
  47. Jun 5, 2019
    I'd give it -10 if I could, I've never opened such a garbage exe. This game isn't worth even one's thought to buy it. I'm embarassed myself about it.
  48. Nov 24, 2018
    Very high ping(play in many online shooters but high ping only in destiny2 and cod4). Very very VERY many cheats shamed users. Tons of cheaters, hackers autists. So many cheatrs i see only in destiny 2 and cod4. Anticheat dont work. Piece of ****
  49. Dec 3, 2018
    Something needs to be done about abominations like this receiving positive reviews. This is hands down the worst gaming experience of my life. I have never felt actual rage while gaming until this. bo4 is truly unacceptable in every single way imaginable. I'm never playing video games again. **** this game and anyone who had anything to do with its creation. I've never been this upset overSomething needs to be done about abominations like this receiving positive reviews. This is hands down the worst gaming experience of my life. I have never felt actual rage while gaming until this. bo4 is truly unacceptable in every single way imaginable. I'm never playing video games again. **** this game and anyone who had anything to do with its creation. I've never been this upset over any purchase. Its screams free-to-play from the start. It is an outrage that this is a AAA full priced product. Bad enough to actually make an account and rant. This post kept me from breaking something irl. Expand
  50. Nov 20, 2018
    Feels really shallow to me, like a waste of money. Many of same maps in multiplayer as when i played it several versions ago. Just feels like an older game. I tried Zomie mode, meh. Tried Blackout, feels like PUBG. Really cannot recommend.
  51. Jan 17, 2019
    Low tickrate servers, terrible optimization for a game that looks like it jumped out of 2009, supbar netcode, broken hit-detection, hitscan weapons, questionable weapon balancing, sniper rifles are useless unless you can quick-scope, maps are small with no verticality, specialists break the game with their abilities.

Blackout is what it is, a BR mode like any other. Zombies could be

Blackout is what it is, a BR mode like any other. Zombies could be fun, if it didn't rely on player hosts that kept disconnecting in solo-queue.

Add on top of that the Black Ops pass, because Activision would happily break into your house and nick your TV if it was legal and this is a disaster. There is nothing this game offers that Titanfall 2 doesn't offer better, more polished and at a third of the price. Treyarch's latest blunder is a waste of money for the consumer and nothing else and you'd do well to steer clear of it, when alternatives exist.
  52. Aug 26, 2019
    I deleted this game 3 months ago and have 0 reason/motivation to come back. It's a pay-to-win garbage and my worst game purchase EVER! I really regret buying this... "game"
  53. Jul 31, 2019
    Didn't actually mind the game too much at launch, it was nothing more or less than a new Call of Duty game, solid 5/10 material. I didn't play the game for a while as it wasn't really engaging. Then I logged in this week and the microtransaction spam was out of control. For a full price game this is unacceptable and any game with an Activision logo anywhere on it won't be getting my money
  54. Nov 18, 2018
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is an unfinished game. The game has still a lot of serious problems, like bad or even not working servers or unbalanced class and weapon systems. The specialists are destroying the game completed with unfair and broken streaks. At this point of state the game is not even 10$ worth. It's just a huge joke what Activision is trying to sell. A 60$ game with aCall of Duty: Black Ops 4 is an unfinished game. The game has still a lot of serious problems, like bad or even not working servers or unbalanced class and weapon systems. The specialists are destroying the game completed with unfair and broken streaks. At this point of state the game is not even 10$ worth. It's just a huge joke what Activision is trying to sell. A 60$ game with a season-pass for 50$... just ridiculous. Expand
  55. Nov 18, 2018
    Sure would be fun to play some battle royale if not that br is so **** laggy that u cant play the game
  56. Nov 18, 2018
    So many bugs, errors and crashes, that I can't figure out how could they launch this game like this... I'm playing for about 20 days and I can assure, there wasn't a whole hour of playing without a crash. The game closes alone, error messages appears, server timeouts, game session no longer available.... anyway, don't waste your money.
  57. Nov 27, 2018
    Save your money, Game is already flooded with modders and exploiters and heavily unbalanced. The worst part is that the laggier you are, the more advantage you have.... so if you play on your 4g hotspot this may be JUST the game for you! Full of bugs still at end of year and, laggy servers, compilation of Black ops 1-4 with almost no new content for $60. STarted out as sad, now with allSave your money, Game is already flooded with modders and exploiters and heavily unbalanced. The worst part is that the laggier you are, the more advantage you have.... so if you play on your 4g hotspot this may be JUST the game for you! Full of bugs still at end of year and, laggy servers, compilation of Black ops 1-4 with almost no new content for $60. STarted out as sad, now with all the kids exploiting and weapon imbalance it's downright frustrating and I can't sell it. Thumbs down, not recommended, and after 48 hours you won't get a refund.on PC.. total BS on top of a trash product and trash support. Expand
  58. Sep 13, 2019
    Full price + new content in DLC + microtransactions without the ability to get in-game currency for free. No singleplayer mode. This game is the embodiment of the publisher’s greed, which includes all methods of monetization at the same time.
  59. Dec 2, 2018
    I'm so angry at Activision i even made an account on Metacritic. The game is badly optimised (~40 frames on Blackout, 1080ti), full of micro transactions (They copied fortnite's battle pass i believe.) whereas you play for 1 full HOUR to get a random item. It could be a crappy sticker or a face paint for specialist you don't use which you couldn't even use because you need matching outfitsI'm so angry at Activision i even made an account on Metacritic. The game is badly optimised (~40 frames on Blackout, 1080ti), full of micro transactions (They copied fortnite's battle pass i believe.) whereas you play for 1 full HOUR to get a random item. It could be a crappy sticker or a face paint for specialist you don't use which you couldn't even use because you need matching outfits to wear them. Crashing every second game because "The connection to servers has been lost" is infuriating and disgusting. Blackout still runs at 20Hz which isn't an issue for me, since i'm too bad to actually be semi influenced by it, but many people who bought this game for Blackout only are feeling betrayed. Expand
  60. Dec 3, 2018
    This game is much worse than BO3. For me, its even worse than Ghosts.
    As an competitive orientated player, I like to have any kind of skill bases learning curve. I.e that you will become better when you play more and train harder. Unfortunately they made this game extremely newb friendly and casual.
    This game is much worse than BO3. For me, its even worse than Ghosts.
    Examples for this: Almost no recoil, unbelievable high hipfire accuracy, 150 health, fast character strafing speed.

For me its unplayable like this.
  61. Dec 8, 2018
    This game absolutely suffers from lack of single-player story campaign, after a 3 weeks of playing the player base has dropped off so much that at a lot of points you will NOT get a match at least for a good hour or two of waiting.

When you do get a match however it feels unfinished and the worst of all the modes is their battle royal mode blackout. the guns in black out are extremely unbalanced for the game mode they are in.

Team death match can still be fun SOMETIMES but the immersion is broken with the terrible sounding guns and minimal customization options for your characters.

i can NOT find anything to love about this game, yes it has some pretty graphics and can sometimes quench your need for a new cod but i would highly suggest going back to black ops 2 and 3 as they are 100% better than this.

Treyarch if you're reading this then PLEASE next time do not look at whats hot and throw it in, do what you have done with your previous black ops give it a great story with great action and suspense, DO NOT make it Multiplayer only because that has killed this game.

And for anyone who is wondering, no i am NOT bagging on the studio, they have done incredible work in the past and i believe they can do it again with black ops 5 or whatever cod or other game they might do next.
  62. Dec 17, 2018
    I am continuously experiencing launching issues, this has made me stopped playing as there is no clear solution for this online. I am also not the only person experiencing the startup crashes & launching issues.
    Also, i looked past the 80gb download file at first, but then a week later i have a 20gb update. These people need to consider that people are running ssd & m.2 drives. How can a game that only features multiplayer be so big. I would say very badly optimised.
    Lastly local player base is not very big so have to wait ages for a blackout game. Again this comes down to the fact that this game costs a fortune.
    Buy counter strike or pubg, you will have move fun for more than half the price.
  63. Dec 18, 2018
    I haven't seriously put time in a CoD game since Black Ops 2. I got this game for free with my new i7 8700k (and paired with a 1070ti), and this game manages to run inconsistently. Why am I running at 50fps on Militia? It's not just performance issues with this game, it's just not nearly as fun as it used to be. Why are all the interesting cosmetics exclusively for those who paid $100 forI haven't seriously put time in a CoD game since Black Ops 2. I got this game for free with my new i7 8700k (and paired with a 1070ti), and this game manages to run inconsistently. Why am I running at 50fps on Militia? It's not just performance issues with this game, it's just not nearly as fun as it used to be. Why are all the interesting cosmetics exclusively for those who paid $100 for the game? Why is it that new maps and operators exclusive to the Battle Pass are being released a little over 2 months after launch? CoD used to be fun. Maybe because it was one of those games that you "play with friends" to get the most of them, but even with a few buddies playing this one, it still manages to get stale by the time you reach first prestige. Expand
  64. Feb 17, 2019
    Я просто написал "Ссанина", но метокритик говорил что такие короткие ревью делать нельзя, поэтому пришлось растянуть немного мой обзор.
  65. Apr 13, 2019
    There are a plethora of problems that I want to elaborate on but I'll be short and sweet.

1. 150 health NEEDS TO GO. This irritates me the most cause nobody asked for this and whats worse is that people who only use the knife or coin bag can literally tank AR shots when running straight towards me. needs to go back to 100 hp. 2. Specialist NEED TO GO. I see what route they are trying

2. Specialist NEED TO GO. I see what route they are trying to take and it's not working at all. I bought this game because I want to play casually but this is far worse than Destiny 2 quickplay. I am tired of dying by stuff that is literally out of my control.

3. Spawns are the worse thing in this game. You spawn and then the enemy spawns right behind you. This happens even in Free for All

4. Servers are just trash. I check my on speedtest.net to see if I was crazy but my ping is a 23. WHY IS THE GAME LAGGING SO MUCH IF I HAVE GOOD CONNECTION.

5. Hit registration is a F-ing joke. The first 5 bullets don't even count and then it's starts to register but it's already to late because the other kills you. And the worst part about this is that most of the time, I shoot first.

6. Leveling in this game is so damn slow. If I wanted to level up slowly, I would play Destiny 2. The worst part about this is, The best guns are locked behind this slow ass leveling.

7. The weapons in this game suck. I can say that in almost every call of duty game the weapons in the game went from good to better to great. The guns suck. Even Black ops 3 weapons were good and everybody was on the same conscious level that BO3 was bad.

Overall this game sucks. I wish I could get my money back but I can't. I spent 2 days playing to see if i was crazy but I am not. I have never played a call of duty game that stressed me out more than Dark Souls and this did. I literally died in this game by so much non sense that my KD is a .50. That is the worst possible KD I have ever had in my entire life playing FPS games. I never wish to play this game and I am uninstalling it from my pc.
  66. Jun 6, 2019
    I love cod coop (COD: World at War) but they never do that anymore, so I do like to play the single player campaign. There is no single player campaign.
    -This leaves multiplayer (which kind of sucks if you aren't into just death matching and need DLCS for a lot of the levels)
    -Blackout mode is like PUBG mobile (on a phone), PUBG is a much better game and I HATE pubg.. Blackout mode is
    Blackout mode is the worst, it's like H1Z1. It's something in 10 years people will laugh at cod for doing.
    -Zombies - Oh yeas the whole reason I got this stupid game in the first place.. But It's greyed out and has a LOCK!?
    I tried every online fix, reinstalled 3 times, zombies is locked out..
    SO I CAN ONLY PLAY DM or BLACK OUT the two modes I hate the most.
    I mean counterstrike GO gives this away for free, why would I want this crapppy game.
    This is for hardcore COD fans only, DM players only, don't even bother.
    Plus it's on battle.net, I hate that too,.
    Thanks for a crappy humble bundle, worst one since the overwatch bundle.
    Thumbs way down.
  67. Jul 13, 2019
    1) Guns suck in this game, they are unbalanced piece of crap, either being useless or OP, it's one gun clearly beating another in every single category. And most of them are behind paywall/grindwall.
    2) TTK is also absurdly high and with bad hitreg it takes 1-2 sec to kill someone even with best aim. They should do 100 hp as usual instead of 150 (body armor and +50hp buff is a thing also...wtf), and with better servers, this game would be WAY better.
    3) Specialist feature sucks, most of ultimates are just OP **** everyone can spam even total noob can get -5 with Batterys launcher if he gets lucky enough. I see what are they trying to do but it's cheap OW ripoff atm and it doesn't really fit CoD gameplay.
    4) Graphics are WORSE than in BO3. Believe me or not, or check by yourself if you can. They lowered visuals quality for their BR mode and it looks awful.
    5) Optimization gets worse and worse, and this game is hungry for RAM and videocard as well, I even got "out of memory" game crashes with 16gb ddr4 ram lol, first time in years maybe. Combine it with #4 and you will see how dumb this game is, worse graphics, worse optimization.
    6) Maps are okay-ish and that's only because they copypasted good old maps like Slums, Firing Range, Nuketown etc. (that's why I rated this crap as 1/10)
    7) Whole marketing strategy of this game is bull****, they sell you game for $60 and treat you like a kid playing f2p clown game with endless donations and paywalls. Oh there is also SP for $50 and it gives literally nothing, only few maps and BR/Zombies features. Everything in this game is grind RNG fiesta, or costs credits.
    8) Perks are a joke, most of them are useless and some like Dead Silence or Scavenger are picked 95% of the time. Literally worst set of perks for ages. Stim shot is OP as well. Also classic equipment is beaten by FREE specialist equipment which make zero sence too. And yeah you have unlimited sprint also lol with OP gun-ho bull**** perk. Enjoy.
    9) DLC's are free but not really free. You still have to grind ALOT to get all those features, and if you miss anything you can never buy it again, or you can try to open it in lootboxes... lol. Or just donate alot. They should look at R6 Siege strategy of releasing DLC's so everyone can buy it and it's not gamebreaking or nessesary.
    And worst part for me at least about DLCs, they are 10-25gb each and they contain literally nothing really. DL speed on Battle.net is slow for some reason, 2-5mb/s vs 10-11 mb/s on Steam.
    10) Since this is PC section and Im playing PC on EU I'm gonna talk about it a little bit too. Population of the game seems to be declining by ALOT. Since they merge gamemodes & lobbies, and game queues went from nearly instant on release to few minutes even on weekends! There is also no players count in game and you can't see it on Steam stats section, since the game is on Battle.net now.
    11) At last, when I bought the game in November and tried to refund it after 50-60 min of gameplay, Blizzard supp said to me I played with game for too long and refund could not be done! After asking for clarification what exactly is "played game too long", like Steam having 120 minutes/14 days policy for refunds, support told me nothing and wished to enjoy this game. LOL
    There is clearly a reason why they moved game from Steam to Battle.net. To hide players count and to avoid refunding also, so they can sell this piece of crap.

PS. If you wanna waste your money on this think twice, it's still CoD every year and this year's CoD is waaay below average, it doesn't have jetpacks (FINALLY) but it's even more **** up than BO3 was. If you want to play some good old CoD play BO2 or MW2, they haven't done anything better than that for years. Whole franchise is going to wrong direction and for long-time fan, it's depressing.
  68. Jun 26, 2019
    This was the game that finally did it for me. This is the one that made me say I'm never going to buy another CoD game again.
    There was no campaign. There was a horrible grab for money in game (i.e loot crates, immediate DLC, Battle Tier system that can be bought). Not ever 6 months after launch of a $60 title, they removed a ton of play modes if you didnt have the DLC. It took away KC and many other modes in both standard and Hardcore mode. When I tried to get a refund because it was no longer the game I bought, they refused because I had it too long. EVEN THOUGH IT WASNT THE GAME I BOUGHT ANYMORE.

Please, for the love of all CoD fans do not destroy MW like you did this game. My nostalgia behind that series will be the only reason I even look into reviews for another CoD game.
    The multiplayer was the only thing saving BO4, and you immediately throttled that as well.
  69. Feb 8, 2020
    I asked for a refund after playing for prob an hour or so.... They didn't give me one. The last purchase I ever made from this trash company.
  70. Oct 20, 2018
    The bugs make the game actually unplayable. Connection drops out constantly, absolute **** fps. I'm ashamed to even call this a game at this point. It's like Black Ops II got a pc port done in 15 minutes by a high school CS student.

DO NOT BUY.
  71. Oct 20, 2018
    How can the be appealing to anybody? Completely random **** all the time. BR games are the worse i was hoping this one to prove be wrong.
  72. Oct 21, 2018
    I really like the game but at the current stage the game is unplayable. The thickrate is a disaster. Oponents see me on corner a lot sooner then i do. Activision fix your sh...
  73. Oct 15, 2018
    lmfao Activision really dick slapped us this time. "We're not going to include a story mode and still charge you 60 dollars for the game. BTW at launch it'll be absolutely unplayable and when you do finally get in, you don't get to play with your friends."

How am I getting lag? I have gigabit fiber internet, I put myself in a DMZ, and hard lined. With all the money that people throw away to this company you would think their servers would be better.
  74. Oct 24, 2018
    Wow! I normally enjoyed the single player game, but this time it is only only. So, did they delivery an online experience that makes up for it? I don't think so. The online market is already somewhat crowded with great games like Fortnite and PUBG. While I was hoping to be wrong, I don't see CoD adding anything new to compete with these games. It is basically just a very basic onlineWow! I normally enjoyed the single player game, but this time it is only only. So, did they delivery an online experience that makes up for it? I don't think so. The online market is already somewhat crowded with great games like Fortnite and PUBG. While I was hoping to be wrong, I don't see CoD adding anything new to compete with these games. It is basically just a very basic online shooter aimed at pulling over players from the market leaders mentioned above. But it miserably fails at that and I found myself going back to Fortnite after just a few hours.
    Overall, I regret buying it and it is safe to say that this will be my last CoD unless single player campaigns make a return.
  75. Oct 23, 2018
    No single player, 20Hz servers that make every single gunfight more like a head or tails situation, rather than actual skill. On top of that, the most unstable and broken COD in years, I havent had this many crashes ever.
    These stupid operators just need to be removed, noone wants to play against some idiot using a shield... and this time WITH A FREAKING gun attached to it, theres just SO many design choices that makes no goddamn sense.
    Its more than obvious that Treyarch just want to get blackout out to everyone, so they can pay 60$ for the game, afterwards then totally rape everyone with skins and microtransactions.
    They removed singleplayer, they **** over the core players and they opted to cash in on the newest hype and ruined their franchise in the process.

Everything feels half assed and its all because they clearly have focused 99% on blackout, then copied what they could from Black Ops 3 in terms of operators and art. New maps are HORRIBLE, worst in the series for the most of them, the reused old maps are clearly better than any of the new ones - its lazy to add them instead of making more maps - but its needed since they are a totally difference quality.

Would I recommend it to anyone?
    Not in a million years, menus are stupid, reporting system dont work unless youre in a lobby with the offender - recently met players are a **** half of the names dont show and the rest you cant see if you played them today or 3 weeks ago.
    Its small things like this that makes the whole thing feel rushed and its obvious they dont care anymore.
  76. Oct 21, 2018
    20 Hrz server polling is way too low for a competitive, multiplayer shooter.
  77. Oct 24, 2018
    Lets see.
    - Toxic community
    - Crashes every 30 minutes in multiplayer - Zombies host migration errors - chat bugging out - unstable ping - unstable fps - modaretly poorly optimizied - weapon balance a bit off - 100€ my **** god - horrible lobby balancing - no matchmaking, for better or worse. Then again, no server browser either - Super bad tutorial content - graphical
    Lets see.
    - Toxic community
    - Crashes every 30 minutes in multiplayer
    - Zombies host migration errors
    - chat bugging out
    - unstable ping
    - unstable fps
    - modaretly poorly optimizied
    - weapon balance a bit off
    - 100€ my **** god
    - horrible lobby balancing
    - no matchmaking, for better or worse. Then again, no server browser either
    - Super bad tutorial content
    - graphical glitches up the wazoo
    - BAD hitboxes
    - downgrade from beta
    - microtransactions coming soon
    - mercenary playlist is not a fixed thing but a circulating, weekly playlist?

Zombies is kinda fun? Don't care about blackout.
    I am having immense buyers regret right now.
  78. Oct 19, 2018
    The game is full of **** unplayable, lousy **** the content in the game is less than in any indie game on Android, I hope your company will close soon, and the head of the company will go to hell, and the one who made the menu, optimization, and balance in the game along with him, now I will hate all your life your company and blizzard in a place with her, all the bad for you. The letterThe game is full of **** unplayable, lousy **** the content in the game is less than in any indie game on Android, I hope your company will close soon, and the head of the company will go to hell, and the one who made the menu, optimization, and balance in the game along with him, now I will hate all your life your company and blizzard in a place with her, all the bad for you. The letter was written through Google translate for working for the recall I am not going the same way as you do not work on your game, **** bastards. Expand
  79. Nov 7, 2018
    Retarded noob game without skill. Thanks you, Activision for 20 mhz servers. I'm tired of dying going over the wall. I can swear that I got from a shotgun or sniper rifle, but the damage was not counted. No professional game just blind luck

Awful sound system. Without a sensor, you will not hear an enemy, located a couple of meters from you. Seriously? Poor system of selection of

Poor system of selection of players. Get ready to play with people on your team who play with their feet.

The "magnificent" system is spawn. A newly emerged enemy can stand behind you.

I hate this dog. Small, fast and immortal.
  80. Oct 18, 2018
    What a hot load of garbage. (look my name (wybrem) up on youtube for performance video) NEVER bought a Call of Duty game because honestly it's well known console trash. But this one, this one was optimized for PC, well not. RTX2080 2600x 32gb mem and it manages to hover around 100fps and than drop to 50 or lower in some situations. Even PUBG is better optimzed. Hee activision how aboutWhat a hot load of garbage. (look my name (wybrem) up on youtube for performance video) NEVER bought a Call of Duty game because honestly it's well known console trash. But this one, this one was optimized for PC, well not. RTX2080 2600x 32gb mem and it manages to hover around 100fps and than drop to 50 or lower in some situations. Even PUBG is better optimzed. Hee activision how about making a new game engine instead of using this ancient BLOPS 1 engine. It plays like trash as well guys just like you expect from a Call of Duty game. It's made for console players. Gunplay is horrific at best or maybe it's the sub 50 frames who knows. The battle royale is absolute trash, even fortnite's rng bullets feel better, but than again I have no issues getting over 130 frames at all times there. Waste of my money. Expand
  81. Oct 29, 2018
    I made a mistake. Last COD4 was the best for me. I wanted to try this BO4 but gameplay was boring with monstrous matchmaking. Not core, nor hardcore is playable. Player base shrinking by every day. Bullet registration worse than RS6. Game punish players for having low ping (150 ping always have advantage by 20 ping in BO4). Spawn worse than BF1.

Refund window to short you have only 30

Refund window to short you have only 30 min game or 72 h from order. Don't make mistake, read comments make your mid by yourself not by AD from Blizzard.

They did what they always did. They lied to PC playerbase by giving promises. They make so-so console version, reskin game from old engine and tried to a bit optimisation to PC version. They cash robbed you.
  82. Oct 22, 2018
    I reluctantly purchased the game after the critics’ rave reviews, and was immediately disappointed. I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t play Call of Duty since the MW3/Ghost days that I didn’t experience its slow decline to the point the bar is so low, a minor improvement deserves accolades from fans and critics. The lack of single player campaign is indeed a problem, no matter how muchI reluctantly purchased the game after the critics’ rave reviews, and was immediately disappointed. I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t play Call of Duty since the MW3/Ghost days that I didn’t experience its slow decline to the point the bar is so low, a minor improvement deserves accolades from fans and critics. The lack of single player campaign is indeed a problem, no matter how much the media spins it. The multiplayer, you know is going to be gone come next Summer, as Call of Duty games don’t have the shelf life othe other competitive multiplayers, such as Rocket League, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, even Battlefield.

The graphics are last gen, there is some controller support but it’s abysmal (compared it to other PC competitive multiplayers). There are no tutorials nor training for new players, or players like me who returned after many new mechanics have been implemented. Single player campaign used to solve the tutorial problem in the past.

Fortunately, after twisting some arms, I was able to get a refund, which is rare when you make a non-Steam purchase.

I hope you take a good look at my review and don’t have to go through buyer’s remorse too. Be careful with critic reviews of Activision games.
  83. Oct 26, 2018
    They pulled a fast one on us - they gave good servers during beta, and then downgraded them to the point that the matchmaking doesn't even work. I can forgive the lack of single player, cause COd SP has always been incoherent and stupid, but they lied to the community about the expected performance, and effectively rendered their own game unplayable. And in true Activision fashion, allThey pulled a fast one on us - they gave good servers during beta, and then downgraded them to the point that the matchmaking doesn't even work. I can forgive the lack of single player, cause COd SP has always been incoherent and stupid, but they lied to the community about the expected performance, and effectively rendered their own game unplayable. And in true Activision fashion, all you'll get is a **** you Expand
  84. Oct 20, 2018
    Can't even start the game because of the "out of memory" and it is 8th day after release. Great work Treyarch, you know what? You let me know that in 2018, a 3A developer can still bring out a piece of sh*t like this to players.
  85. Oct 21, 2018
    I think the game would have been great to play, but unfortunately it has massive issues with crashes due to memory leaks.
    I've had the game for 3 days and not been able to play due to the memory leak issues. Tried contacting Activision support but didn't get a reply.

Don't buy this day!
  86. Oct 22, 2018
    This game is garbage Ring of Elysium is better and its free what a joke im trying to get a refund DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP
  87. Oct 24, 2018
    I don't write reviews, I didn't even have an account for this site until 2 seconds ago. I just had to warn people about this game. If you want to play a game without dropping/lagging out/having stuttering gameplay then don't buy this garbage game. Don't seem to be many updates regarding the performance issues which are all over the place if you look online.

Gameplay? sure it's fun with

Gameplay? sure it's fun with my buddies when we all actually get into a game and manage to play through the whole thing without getting an error. I'd say 4/5 times it happens where one of us drops. You see teams falling apart constantly from that happening.

It's black ops with a BR mode added on. No new maps, and completely broken for PC in so many ways. Don't buy it, you'll be frustrated as **** and waste $60+. Last time I get a COD game on any form of gaming platform.
  88. Oct 26, 2018
    Terrible connection issues. From in-game issues, to post game issues (the game crashes after the game so you loose all the XP). The terrible overall connection ruins the game completely since it's now fully multiplayer oriented. It's funny how they make a fully multiplayer game with the worst connection of all.
  89. Oct 19, 2018
    Es una pena en lo que se ha convertido Call of Duty. No poner un modo historia formal apostando solo por el multijugador online que antes era un complemento en el título de cada año. Solo le venden al público que ya tiene posicionado su producto. Sus ventas se deben a que copió el modo battle royal.

In English It's a shame what Call of Duty has become. Do not put a formal story mode

In English
    It's a shame what Call of Duty has become. Do not put a formal story mode betting only on the online multiplayer that was previously a complement in the title of each year. They only sell to the public that has already positioned their product. His sales are because he copied the battle royal mode.
  90. Oct 20, 2018
    este juego cada ves se hace mas pobre, prefiero comprarme el battlefield siempre avanza a ser mejor
  91. Oct 22, 2018
    This is my first time playing CoD. Having heard positive opinions from streamers and watched some of them play, I figured I might give the game a try. I have very limited experience in online FPS shooters, so I was curious how well does the game play and if I will I be able to compete. I spent a dozen hours playing the game's different modes.

First of all, there is no single player,

First of all, there is no single player, like most people have noted. That means your experience in this game will be limited to playing with and against others. I was OK with that, but in such situations I expect excellence in how the game does its multiplayer. Sadly, the game fails miserably.

As a new player I was hoping to be eased into the game, play with others my or similar level, and get adequate training against bots, etc. None of this happened.
    The first few games were OK - I expected to under-perform, but as I got more and more into the game's mechanics, I realized how unpolished the entire experience is. Guns and characters are unbalanced, plain and simple. Some simply mow down enemies almost regardless of how far away they are, while some are useless and pretty terrible. It would be OK if I could get all the guns and mods immediately, but as lvl1, you have access to only a basic set of weapons. You just gotta play "like you have a pair" - as the game's commentator puts it, and get repeatedly mowed down by people 50 levels above you to start experimenting with other weapon setups. And while some of these people acquired some aim and tactical skill and will easily outplay you, some will just hold LMB and let ridiculous spray of their weapons take care of you without bothering to even follow you with their cross-hair. Also, some bullets round corners. Don't ask me how - I don't lag and the game runs smoothly on my hardware, so it defies reason.
    Also, don't get me started on stun grenades and explosives.

The maps are OK if a bit dull. Most of them have very similar design so don't expect extreme variety.

Character movements and animation are smooth and the game's controls are intuitive, albeit a bit more complex than what I'm used to.

The UI is a bit of a mess.

Music is ... there? I can't even remember, it feels so generic. Character voices are dull, sound design is weird. You can tell there is a lot of sound and they put effort into making it cool, but the end-result is a cacophony of poor post-production, as if they wanted to stuff it all in no matter what.

And the training area for different characters, which doubles as a simple story is laughable at best, and insulting for the most part. The narrator really tries to be funny, ends up being cheesy and dry. The "story" itself is uninteresting and simplistic. They put a lot of effort into displaying vivid, mildly upsetting violence, and not enough into actually putting narrative meat on it.

I liked how complex the zombies mode could be but by the time I got to it, I was fed up with the entire experience.

I will not debate the game's price - it's a AAA game and you get a few modes, maps, and toys for that. It is unacceptable for me though, that for a game focusing only on multiplayer, it does it so poorly. It's simply not enjoyable.
  92. Oct 20, 2018
    The Contras: Technical Crashes, bugs, unfair matchmaking, blur graphic, brocken spawns, few weapons, (you dont need to aim if u have a MP). Just a dumb Multiplayer. 60$ too expensive for this game
    The Pros: Fast and Dumb you dont need to think. The Graphic is a little better than BO2 or BO3. If you have a good party, Zombie mod is that what you need
  93. Oct 24, 2018
    i liked the old black ops games (1 & 2), but this one is just bad.....no single player campaign, and a cheap battle royale mode..... a bunch of recycled/re-skinned old MP maps..... weak game!

Probably my most regrettable game purchase ever.....Including the games I bought and never even played.
  94. Oct 23, 2018
    absolute **** for the fact that it is a MULTIPLAYER ONLY game, it seems to be the worst playing multiplayer in CoD history. Unbalanced, poor design as well as atrocious servers. 22 tick servers is laughable in 2018, hit reg is a complete abomination and it feels like SMG's completely unbalanced setup has become meta; spray and hope that your bullets catch up with the netcode.

Zombies is

Zombies is ok, blackout is **** boring. 2/10, would've been 0-0.5 if it hadn't of been for zombies.
  95. Oct 25, 2018
    fake reviews and fake score! what8? look at real ppl scores)) its 3-4
    fake reviews and fake score! what8? look at real ppl scores)) its 3-4
    i have better then recommended PC and i get 70 fps with drops! any setting don't change that.! get that i can go high everything and get same 70 fps with drops! how is that not a crime misleading ppl like that? also they missles with server frame rate.. its 20 ... as low as it can be.. half of my shots just disappear. server also lag and disconnect... don't buy! despite they obviously missled customers and did a poor job also i could not refund....
  96. Oct 27, 2018
    Дерьмище полное, сносишь 148хп челик добивает килл идёт ему, идёшь в хардкор не понятно где кто с этой уёбищной графикой, зачем добавлять прямые убийства если у вас сервера хуже чем в warface.
  97. Oct 15, 2018
    Decent Graphics, same COD game play, tons of depth, unfortunately its a multiplayer only game and matchmaking is broken AF, cant chose a region to play in like BF, i would gladly play with a bit of extra ping in full servers, my countries servers are dead on arrival
  98. Oct 16, 2018
    So. I decided to try another Call of Duty after some years of not playing. Have played since the first Call of Duty though. I couldn't really believe what I saw... Terrible menu's (nothing is really clear what it is when you've not played for a while). Couldn't find any regular multiplayer modes. Is Blackout, Defend and Zombies all there is? No S&D or TDM? Ridiculously small mp maps asSo. I decided to try another Call of Duty after some years of not playing. Have played since the first Call of Duty though. I couldn't really believe what I saw... Terrible menu's (nothing is really clear what it is when you've not played for a while). Couldn't find any regular multiplayer modes. Is Blackout, Defend and Zombies all there is? No S&D or TDM? Ridiculously small mp maps as well (except the Blackout map). The singleplayer campaign are botmatches with some cutscenes in between... give me a break.
    It runs terrible as well (6700k - GTX1080). It doesn't even look good, it basically looks like a free-to-play game with bought game assets. Very bland and generic. Battlefield 5 beta ran perfect at max settings, and looked better. This is just a personal opinion and it might just be not my kind of game but... this is terrible, and I will never again purchase another Call of Duty-game.
  99. Nov 21, 2018
    boy oh boy I swore I would never buy a call of duty game ever again after BLOPS2 and i should have kept my own promise, the multiplayer is horrible and badly balanced.. people abuse broken guns TTK is terrible and you die to BS all the time its more frustrating than fun. and the price.. no single player and half-assed re-used content this should have been a 30$ game.

now for the

now for the fortnight copycat battle royale.. its very broken..while movement and exploration and is okay, the world design is terrible and dated, gunplay is embarrassingly bad and its impossible to get a kill.. and you get no points at all for playing a match unless you manage to kill people making it impossible to progress. also, I hate fornite with all the life.. I was hoping for more realistic adult oriented gameplay..more crap aimed at kids.

the only good thing about this game is zombies... I wholeheartedly regret my purchase.
  100. Oct 28, 2018
    Played FPS since the 90s. The first DOOM. Never played a CoD. I only bought this game for a more straight up non fruity BR experience and zombies. Zombies is pretty good. BR not so much.

I've been playing since release and BR just has not been cutting it do to what I think are bugs. 1) Tonight I was prone in a bathroom. The door was opened....nobody there. Then I I was killed from

1) Tonight I was prone in a bathroom. The door was opened....nobody there. Then I I was killed from behind. The graphics never showed anyone entering the 3x3 room.

2) Outside I hear a vehicle around me. I crouch next to a tree. Vehicle sound was consistent, never changed. Next thing I know I was run over. Don't vehicles get LOUDER when approaching you? WTF? The thing sounded like it was far off in the distance and NEVER changed.

The game is just not stable. I will update this review as changes are made(?).

Generally favorable reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 6, 2019
    Zombies, multiplayer and battle royale. Black Ops 4 is whole package. With great blackout map, brutal and honest action, it will put all competition in danger. Standard multiplayer suffers from old issues, but is fun enough to guarantee tons of fun. Zombies are brilliant and refreshed with new Rush mod. Lack of single player campaign still hurts though.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    It was a risky decision to drop the single player campaign and focus on multiplayer, including battle royale, which seemed like a cynical attempt to jump on the bandwagon. I’m a bit surprised to say that Treyarch did truly great. Black Ops 4 is one of the best online games of 2018 – its shooting mechanics are wonderful, Blackout (the aforementioned take on battle royale) is top-notch and the Zombies mode drifts towards... action RPG. [12/2018, p.78]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has proven to all players, that it doesn´t need Hollywood faces in the story to attract players, because it’s completely fine with its online entertainment. Call of Duty is definitely going to stay with us for a couple more weeks. [Issue#290]