7.3

1. Jan 1, 2012
    This low-cost combat flyer is a blast. The controls are smooth and intuitive and this lets you concentrate on flying and shooting instead of what buttons you need to press. In particular, the game makes such great use of the mouse that I'm not even tempted to try it with other controllers. Graphically, the game would have been mediocre even by the standards of 5 years before it came out.This low-cost combat flyer is a blast. The controls are smooth and intuitive and this lets you concentrate on flying and shooting instead of what buttons you need to press. In particular, the game makes such great use of the mouse that I'm not even tempted to try it with other controllers. Graphically, the game would have been mediocre even by the standards of 5 years before it came out. It can't be said to be a pretty game. But it plays so well, that I honestly don't care. I enjoy it more than the much prettier and more realistic flyers that cost 10 to 20 times as much (I paid $2.50 during a Steam sale for this little gem). Even at its full price of a whopping $5, this game is still worth every penny. The narration does fall a bit on my nerves at times, but it happens only before and after the actual mission, so it doesn't detract from the game play. Just a suggestion, in case the developers read this: Combat Wings would make a great smart phone game. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played this a lot with friends. The controlls are good, the graphics are average, gameplay is really good, overall its a great game. And its really cheap. Definitly worth the low price.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

Like many budget-priced games and most City Interactive titles we've seen, Combat Wings: Battle of Britain suffers from a lack of quality control and depth. And it definitely won't satisfy those who prefer a simulation style of air combat. Nevertheless, it's the best flying game we've seen from this developer to date.