• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.2

1. Mar 13, 2021
    This review is strictly for online multiplayer, which in my opinion is the best way to play rts. When the game was first released in 2013, I didn't like it as much as CoH1. But a few years after with a bunch of updates and changes I like this game more than the original. It is more strategic and with reduced population cap, requires you to make a decision on what units you want to make upThis review is strictly for online multiplayer, which in my opinion is the best way to play rts. When the game was first released in 2013, I didn't like it as much as CoH1. But a few years after with a bunch of updates and changes I like this game more than the original. It is more strategic and with reduced population cap, requires you to make a decision on what units you want to make up your army. You can't have everything. This requires you play strategically. Instead of simply overwhelming your opponent when you are ahead. Best RTS of all time even better than the original. After 7 years this game is still getting balance patches and updates to keep it fresh and fun! Ive been playing this game almost everyday for the past 7 years. And 6 years of COH1 before that. Expand
  2. Feb 13, 2021
    It's virtually unplayable. You can try for a million years and you will never get past mission 3. The enemy has tanks and armored cars that are immune to bullets, and all you have are bullets. There are no mortars, no recoiless rifles, no AT guns, no tanks, no tank hunters. It's flat out impossible to win without cheating through every mission. This is bordering on Daikatana levels of broken.
  3. Feb 10, 2021
    Это пример как стада баранов,п одного дебила .Не поигравшей в игру пошли ставить низкие оценки.Видно,что создатели старались и уважаёт наш народ.Есть конечно дурацсккие моменты , ,но мало.
  4. Jan 26, 2021
    If u like RTS genre, It's still the best choice for u!
    Perfect gameplay, easy to have control on the battlefield, beautiful fire and explosion animations, cool fog of war system and view distance of units, a huge variety of units to use, a lot of different commanders to play with and...
    If u like RTS genre, It's still the best choice for u!
    Just servers are annoying and there are some terrible community map that should get removed by game developers!
  5. Jan 12, 2021
    **** Russians who have pain in the ass because of game. Game is good. Stop being a cuck
  6. Jan 9, 2021
    The game is wonderful. The Russians did not save anyone. they only stole and raped especially Polish women.
    Don't listen to russian trolls. They just don't like to know the truth. Great historical rts.
  7. Dec 31, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Durante los 4 años que he jugado el juego puedo admitir que es des balanceado cada season se busca que una nación en particular obtenga un buff pero es normal muchos juegos se basan de esto, los comentarios que fui leyendo negativos tratan de exponer el concepto de "Los americanos siempre escriben su historia de vencedor" o "No la urrs no es tan a si y que pareciera que Goebbels
    escribió el guion" todos estos comentarios hasta cierto grado son verdaderos pero si coges un libro empiezas a darte cuenta que como se narra la historia siempre se tratara de dejar bien parado a tu propia nación y no como realmente ocurrieron las cosas, si la historia de Lev Abramovich Isakovich es genérica muy parecida a la campaña propagandística de la guerra fría pero mucho de los acontecimientos que el va contando si ocurrieron y no pueden ser desmentidos masacre de katyn y otras tantos crímenes de guerra de la urrs, la Deep battle, operacion marte que cobro miles de vidas rusas por mala estrategia soviética. Bajo los estándares de vídeo juegos de comienzos de la década del 2010 hasta el fin de la década es normal ver que siempre Rusia es el malo de la película esperar que para un futuro relic profundice mas las historias y no solo tome un punto de vista en sus historias al igual que elija nuevas naciones para sus juegos hay tantos soldados que no pertenecían a las naciones principales que hicieron grandes cosas..........
  8. Oct 1, 2020
    Decent game good tactics. No air or sea. Good graphics, runs well. I'd buy another if that added air and sea
  9. Aug 2, 2020
    Сюжет пробил дно...........................................................
  10. Jul 14, 2020
    Excuse me. Who is the main screenwriter, Goebbels ?! You could show real crime tips! But no, you showed the shooting of Polish rebels, the burning of houses with civilians, the burning and shooting of their soldiers, as well as the shooting of poor Nazis who were just building concentration camps, came to foreign land and physically
    slaughtered whole nations. The poor Nazis who were shot
    slaughtered whole nations. The poor Nazis who were shot by the BLOODY NKVD soldiers and the Soviet soldiers who died liberating Warsaw, Prague, as well as Jews and other people (in the language of Feral Interactive and Relic Entertainment (Goebbels continuers) Untermenschen) are the poor Company Of Heroes 2 screenwriters (
  11. Jul 9, 2020
    downloaded the game to play a little after years. here is my experience so far:
    1-couldn't launch game in fullscreen and had to search for a solution.
    2-tried to play soviet campaign but game said "Error loading scenario. The scenario file may be invalid" (verifying game files didnt fix the problem) 3- tried to play multiplayer . every **** time someone disconnected in loading screen
    downloaded the game to play a little after years. here is my experience so far:
    1-couldn't launch game in fullscreen and had to search for a solution.
    3- tried to play multiplayer . every **** time someone disconnected in loading screen and other players left the game.
    well done developers.
  12. Jun 25, 2020
    Great strategy game. loved it! Remind me of saving private Ryan but is strategy form.
  13. Jun 22, 2020
    This game was awful. That's all I have to say. Poor graphics and the game itself wasn't finished.
  14. Jun 21, 2020
    Great game. One of the few examples where developers were not afraid to show the truth. Keep it up! For those who say that the game is lying, I recommend to learn history. On the other hand, it is not surprising that many Russians considers it as lies. Unfortunately it is still normal to falsify a history in Russia.
  15. Jun 20, 2020
    Waited for almost 7 years for a worthy sequel but guess what? what we as fans and consumers get is just mediocre hot pile of garbage in terms of storytelling and character development. The only saving grace for the game is the graphics and that's about it. Good job for making one of the most anticipated games into a utter disappointment. By the way, please change the name of the game fromWaited for almost 7 years for a worthy sequel but guess what? what we as fans and consumers get is just mediocre hot pile of garbage in terms of storytelling and character development. The only saving grace for the game is the graphics and that's about it. Good job for making one of the most anticipated games into a utter disappointment. By the way, please change the name of the game from The Last of Us Part 2 to The Laugh of Us Part 2 if there is a chance, period. Expand
  16. Jun 20, 2020
    Horrendous game, don't waste your time on it. I got it for free and I still want a refund for the time I've wasted.
  17. Jun 19, 2020
    This game is an absolute waste of time. Terrible story and terrible new uninteresting characters. Whoever created this story should be fired for ruining an excellent franchise. I waited 7 years for a heaping pile of garbage to ruin the masterpiece of the original Last of Us. This is the only game I've ever wanted my money back for but I can't because of pre-ordered it from PSN!
  18. Jun 14, 2020
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the soviet people. This is nazi propaganda.

Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Hero-city of Kiev!
  19. Jun 6, 2020
    Основанная на новейшей технологии Essence Engine 3.0, серия Company of Heroes 2 включает в себя уникальные механизмы, поощряющие вдумчивых игроков. Так, функция TrueSight™ достаточно точно моделирует обзор разных видов войск, система укрытий заставляет задуматься над выбором позиций для отрядов, а система тактики, ориентированная на взаимодействие войск, лишает смысла попытки атаковатьОснованная на новейшей технологии Essence Engine 3.0, серия Company of Heroes 2 включает в себя уникальные механизмы, поощряющие вдумчивых игроков. Так, функция TrueSight™ достаточно точно моделирует обзор разных видов войск, система укрытий заставляет задуматься над выбором позиций для отрядов, а система тактики, ориентированная на взаимодействие войск, лишает смысла попытки атаковать танк отрядом стрелков. Каждый бой требует от участников осмысленного тактического выбора, влияющего на весь ход сражения. Expand
  20. May 26, 2020
  21. May 25, 2020
    Finally a game which shows how Soviets realy works...
    To russians, learn about ur history.
  22. May 11, 2020
    Devs still allowing community top players to balance. The game is the most balanced its ever been. Great community of players still working to balance the game. Because COH2 is the most strategic RTS still, a combination of micro heavy and strategy, it require continuous balancing. There are always players coming out with new strategies. Every game is completely different. It helpsDevs still allowing community top players to balance. The game is the most balanced its ever been. Great community of players still working to balance the game. Because COH2 is the most strategic RTS still, a combination of micro heavy and strategy, it require continuous balancing. There are always players coming out with new strategies. Every game is completely different. It helps makes the games timeless where other games just become boring.
    I'm sorry that the game's users reviews are tarnished by ridiculously biased 0's, citing historical inaccuracies... Ok but this is a representative video game... when a squad walks up to a machine gun, the crew doesn't charge in a knife them. It's a game. And a god damn great one.

If there was a more strategic RTS out there, I'd be playing it. Give me a game that doesn't require farming, creeping, that's action packed and completely strategic, I'll play it. COH2 is about as close to timeless as a game gets.
  23. Feb 25, 2020
    Low-quality anti-Russian propaganda. What is the basis of this story? Of course, these are Russian orcs who fill up their corpses with noble and pure-blooded Nazis. I think no one knows that the actual ratio of all the dead was not in favor of the Nazis, given all their allies and collaborators (United Europe), including those from the Soviet Union. Everything else is also a set of typicalLow-quality anti-Russian propaganda. What is the basis of this story? Of course, these are Russian orcs who fill up their corpses with noble and pure-blooded Nazis. I think no one knows that the actual ratio of all the dead was not in favor of the Nazis, given all their allies and collaborators (United Europe), including those from the Soviet Union. Everything else is also a set of typical cliches of Goebbels and modern Jewish propaganda. Expand
  24. Feb 18, 2020
    Short version:
    Trolls, Toxics, AFKs, Leaver, Griefer, TeamKiller etc.
    And otherwise: Relic / Sega has not managed to get CHEATER, TROLLE / GRIEFER and a clever MM over the years. And the BUGs only ..... some have been since the ALPHA !! in the game. I think that was 2012! You have to give yourself xD I can't recommend the game to anyone unless you don't mind. In itself, CoH -
    Short version:
    Trolls, Toxics, AFKs, Leaver, Griefer, TeamKiller etc.

And otherwise:

I can't recommend the game to anyone unless you don't mind.

In itself, CoH - Company of Heroes is a TOP game, but when developers let a game rot.

Company of Heroes 1 is still worth having more fun and more content. Get CoH1.
    CoH 1 = 100% more fun and 100% less frustration.
  25. Jan 30, 2020
    Hilarious to read all the Russians complain about this game. They still think Stalin was some kind a great compassionate leader. I guess in Russia propaganda is still at a level Hitler could only dream of.

Don't mind the crying Russians giving negative reviews here. The game is actually great. It had a difficult start, especially since COH 1 was great, and a lot of people started comparing. But this game changed over time, and improved where needed. It's actually one of the best RTS games ever made at this moment. You should definitely should give it a try. Game looks great and has great mechanics. I believe it's even free to play these days. But I happily have paid 40 Euros for it. The fact that this game is still very popular, proves that it's a great game. I am really hoping the will continue this series, because it's game-play is unique and well thought out.
  26. Nov 27, 2019
    The game has a lot of unecessary DLCs, but other than that, it's a good game.
  27. Nov 16, 2019
    Типичная игра про то, как оюсирают русских. Не опускайтесь на уровень нашего тв пожалуйста
  28. Nov 16, 2019
    The best RTS game ever made. Highly competitive, truly balanced, very immersive. Truly rewards players skill. Quite steep learning curve but there are multiple tutorials online which are more then enough to git gud. I recommend it to everyone especially WW2 fans.
  29. Nov 7, 2019
    I never played the storymode much, so i don't really get all the nazi stuff everyone is complaining about, but i though the gameplay was pretty good
  30. Nov 2, 2019
    a really realistic game and it even better shows what the Russians are hypocrisy or reality, how Russian animals raped the population, killed civilians and that they were even able to kill their soldiers, who could not retreat but had to run to certain death
  31. Oct 28, 2019
    Another propaganda dump, designed to pour mud on the history of Russia and the USSR, specifically that page of it, which was the most painful and difficult in the 20th century. The creators of this propaganda campaign did not bother to study the history of the war on the Eastern front and accused the red army of Nazi crimes, which in itself sounds like nonsense and nonsense, for any personAnother propaganda dump, designed to pour mud on the history of Russia and the USSR, specifically that page of it, which was the most painful and difficult in the 20th century. The creators of this propaganda campaign did not bother to study the history of the war on the Eastern front and accused the red army of Nazi crimes, which in itself sounds like nonsense and nonsense, for any person familiar with the situation. Expand
  32. Oct 26, 2019
    Nazis Relic Entertainment presen... The most untrue game about the second world war.
  33. Oct 26, 2019
    Даже спустя 6 лет, это такое же: тупое говно, тупого говна!
    Тип, да, на войне всякое бывало, но говорить и показывать что: Немцы бедняжки бились справедливо и не хотели никого обижать, в то время как русские творили все бесчинства сами, лишь бы убить свой же народ, такой бред...
    Даже спустя 6 лет, это такое же: тупое говно, тупого говна!
  34. Sep 21, 2019
    the Nazis wrote the plot! Company of Heroes 2 (games from the Nazis). .
  35. May 30, 2019
    I'am russian and live in Russia and i'am PROUD OF THIS!!! The MOST dangerous thing in 20th Century was communism, not nazism, and MAIN PUBLC ENEMY is cOMMUNISM!!!!!!!! Much MORE worse than nazism!
    I like this game for showing more real how terrible it is!!!
    Pride to this game and ALL ANTIcOMMUNISTS!!!!!!! Ибо коммунизм страшнее фашизма и так мерзоки ядовит, что не знаю, сколько
    I like this game for showing more real how terrible it is!!!
    Pride to this game and ALL ANTIcOMMUNISTS!!!!!!!
    Ибо коммунизм страшнее фашизма и так мерзоки ядовит, что не знаю, сколько потребуется времени, чтобы НАРОД этой страны отошёл от этой заразы!
    It is REAL!!!
    Thank You, Game Developers, and Bow to this scenario!!!
    P. S. TOTALLY SUPPORT US in Cold War!!!!!!!
    Thank you SO much!!!!!!!
    P.S. I'am REALLY going to buy it ONLY because of reviews and scenario, Game's Historic and Political Aspect, i'd be PROUD to support it it makes sense to earn more money!!!!!!!
  36. May 29, 2019
    Взял бесплатно на распродаже, мне понравилось, однако клюква достет, поэтому 5/10
  37. Mar 17, 2019
    This game is piece of sh1t! Absolute unbalanced fractions (powerful German forces). Soviet warriors looks like a animals not a brave soldiers. Nice re-writing of history!
  38. Mar 15, 2019
    the potential is not fully realized. not docking with the real story spoils the impression
  39. Mar 4, 2019
    0/10 the most imbalanced game on the market.

Germany is so incredibly overpowered, for umm a War they lost. Takes all fun out of the game when Germany wins 90% of matches, Tigers that did not even work half the time in real life are EQUAL in resources and tier to a goddamn T34 85... Putting that aside they are basically impossible to destroy and work flawlessly in all conditions.
    0/10 the most imbalanced game on the market.

Germany is so incredibly overpowered, for umm a War they lost.

Putting that aside they are basically impossible to destroy and work flawlessly in all conditions. Where as the T34 85 feels like the armour is PAPER.

Terrible terrible game. No point playing any Nation but Germany if you want to win at least one game.
  40. Feb 15, 2019
    Я ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНО Я ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНО Я ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНО Я ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНО Я ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНОЯ ЕБАЛ В РОТ ЭТО ГОВНО
  41. Jan 30, 2019
    2018 REVIEW: I generally liked this game and was fortunate enough to pick it up for free when they were giving it away. It's a pretty basic strategy game model- build structures, train units, micro said units around the map until you win. There are some very interesting mechanics that set this game apart from others: there is context cover that your infantry can use on the map which is2018 REVIEW: I generally liked this game and was fortunate enough to pick it up for free when they were giving it away. It's a pretty basic strategy game model- build structures, train units, micro said units around the map until you win. There are some very interesting mechanics that set this game apart from others: there is context cover that your infantry can use on the map which is quite the innovation. See that wooden fence? Some light cover. A collection of thick trees and brush? Good cover. Did your boys destroy an enemy tank? The derelict vehicle can now be used to take cover.

However- the monetization of the game is abhorrent and should not be supported. Ridiculously priced DLC, literally dozens (probably more than 70% in the game) of commanders are locked behind a paywall (the leader you pick for bonuses, commander specific units- similar to picking your race in Starcraft or which country you are in Red Alert), but worst of all. . . there are loot boxes. I'm serious, there are loot boxes in this game. Massive yikes being called in danger close- avoid this game unless you can get it for free.
  42. Dec 24, 2018
    my second favorite RTS of all time. multi-player co-op is where it really shines. just wish it had better voice channel integration.

it's pretty hilarious how much the russian hackers hate it for the accurate portrayal of life in the soviet army, lol.
  43. Nov 16, 2018
    Нужны какие-то комментарии? Думаю нет. Играть в эту игру - это как финансировать терроризм
  44. Nov 14, 2018
    В рот ебал эту игру, relic и sega. Ебал в рот только лишь за сценарий, состоящий из сплошного тупого пиздежа.
  45. Aug 20, 2018
    A really good RTS with an enjoyable campaign and story as well as plenty of Multi Player and Single Player options once completed. Definitely worth a play.
  46. Jun 25, 2018
    Finally, a true picture of the events of the Second World War. Excellent missions from the mechanic and history. reading the whole vyser from the cotton wool pulls a laugh
  47. May 6, 2018
    The game from the Nazis, I really like how to pour mud on the history of my country. Script writers are miserable fools without a mother.
  48. Apr 15, 2018
    oyunu indiriyorum amk ruslar hitlere geçirmiş hep burda dadasdsadasdad birde ben oyniyim
    edit : puanı oynadıktan sonra değiştiririm
  49. Apr 9, 2018
    One of the best RTT i've ever played. campaign is very good but multiplayer is masterpiece. 10/10 for
    a normal a attempt to history
  50. Mar 1, 2018
    One of the good,solid RTS game out there,now i don't know how bad the game do in the early days,and i personally didn't see any big drop with the game itself back then. But can tell you how the game is doing now, with the help of the community, the game play is mostly balanced (with a simple point that Allies should be stronger then German not that i am complaining about that),optimizedOne of the good,solid RTS game out there,now i don't know how bad the game do in the early days,and i personally didn't see any big drop with the game itself back then. But can tell you how the game is doing now, with the help of the community, the game play is mostly balanced (with a simple point that Allies should be stronger then German not that i am complaining about that),optimized graphic so smoother game play then before, less lag. The game cost quite average(Master Collection), but it can be bought in multi-seperate pack to suit player desirer for either multiplayer focus or solo AI play,or campaign and story mode, you can buy what you want,the army you love quite cheap,i would said it is wroth the money with no trick or let down. Although the developer can be funny, with you having to buy certain DLC to be able to play on certain map in custom game but it is not that big of a deal.DLC?Yeah if they give it for free AWESOME.But really who are you fooling,dlc in COH2 is special they are stand-alone that mean you can buy 1 cheap DLC for about 2 to 4 dollars and still had full access to: multiplayer with all of the player base,with all the ladder map,and of course custom game, more content what not to like,but if you are like me(who mainly just play German and sometime US and don't really like other factions then this is perfect for you),or just buy the Master Collection if you are into everything for about 14 dollar.

Now let talk about story plot.Most negative review claim about history accurate.They rate the game 0 because in their eyes German had to be the bad guy,the low scumbags of the war. And the Allies,Soviet should be the great hero that save the day. And when this game doesn't focus on that, and potrait the inside of the RedArmy through a young Soviet officer who feel conflicted by the thing he had to do,and the choices his commander made,and overall the darkside of any war,any faction but yeah let hate that **** story, where is the criminal and lowlife Nazi? (German soldiers rape people?,Stalin good leader?wow that show how well they understand "history")

(Spoiler Ahead) There are some question thing in COH2, i am not gonna lie, but there is nothing that can made you said "Relic is trying to made Soviet look bad" , for starter the main character of the story (or the decent guy is a young RedArmy officer telling his conflicted tale of the war to his commander), the detail about the RedArmy burning their own civilian is true but not as you may think,first off the houses that they are burning should had been empty considering the army had forced a evacuation from the very start of the mission and tell all of the civilian to leave their beloging and run away from the warzone, yet for some reason these few "stupid" civilian are still here,and when they house got burn some of them run of in flame but the rest(the many who did not catch fire) can still run away safety, the Soviet are NOT like trying to purposely chase them down and burn them alive........this seem to be Relic trying to potrait an unexpected casualties of the war, try to made the player feel the violent of it, it is stupid? yeah. But the Soviet do burn and abandon their own soldier on the field, but everyonce seem to be cool with this, this time Relic is trying to made a point that Soviet High command are stupid and will go to any length to protect Moscow even sacrifice their own man when they didn't had to and could had saved them(atleast i think they could had),and NKVD officer shooting his own man in the head when they left their post to help their commander (the main chacrater) this is rather stupid story telling, still the plot go through -conflicted young officer,and the dark side of war- P.S:Why call it Company of Heroes when it is so dark?well 1st reason being this is a sequel to the series, seccond reason being despite most of the Soviet commander being retarded **** the soldier is still brave and commited, they are the true hero, but not every heroes is acknowledged(they themself don't even think they are hero), that just simply war. And this is where to Main characters come in,he see them as heroes and he tell his tale about them, and got to live to share his story (really good ending i strongly recommend you see it through).
  51. Feb 12, 2018
    I were worried about rating of this game since 2013. Played it since than about 500 hours and got to say something about balance: it is a huge lobby in coh 2 forum and youtube chanels. They play some faction and little by little change balance to weak others by posts and discussions. Hopefully modemakers helps them (they just trying to hear players). So some faction players enjoy theirI were worried about rating of this game since 2013. Played it since than about 500 hours and got to say something about balance: it is a huge lobby in coh 2 forum and youtube chanels. They play some faction and little by little change balance to weak others by posts and discussions. Hopefully modemakers helps them (they just trying to hear players). So some faction players enjoy their factions now. Some other factions players try to hold their ground with wrecked gear. That is unfair. Especually for the factions of wow II winners.
    And it have a lot of politics - its not about of hard but great victory, its about a Bad Stalin, bad Bolsheviks who kills their own people. Anyone in Russia remember all crimes of Nazi - millions of soviet people were killed, raped by invaders. But game keep silent about it.
  52. Jan 19, 2018
    Ну что поговорим об этой игре. Геймплей шикарный. Графика отличная, музыка хорошая. Игра очень затягивает в мультиплейре. Кампания просто ужас. Расстрелы, заград отряд. Кампания просто очернение СССР. Оптимизация плохая. Баланса нет. За немцев даже конченый нуб победит. Вообщем разрабов нужно расстрелять за такое.Ну что поговорим об этой игре. Геймплей шикарный. Графика отличная, музыка хорошая. Игра очень затягивает в мультиплейре. Кампания просто ужас. Расстрелы, заград отряд. Кампания просто очернение СССР. Оптимизация плохая. Баланса нет. За немцев даже конченый нуб победит. Вообщем разрабов нужно расстрелять за такое.
  53. Dec 15, 2017
    Bardzo dobry kawałek rts-a. Fajnie rozwiązane mapy oraz przyjemny gameplay. Prawdziwy pazur ujawnia się pod odpaleniu trybu multi. Boli trochę wysoki koszt odblokowania dodatków jednak nie są one niezbędne do dobrej zabawy.
  54. Dec 15, 2017
    Great Game. Excellent visuals, soundtrack and mechanisms. A vast improvement of the previous title.

Don't be alarmed by the negative user score. Ratings got attacked by Russians that didn't quite agree with the game's storyline.
  55. Dec 4, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Game is so Awesome.

2. Soviet soldiers were worse than SS. I heard many stories from old poeple who survived WW II in Poland. When Soviets wanted to fight WITH NAZIS. Yes, they wanted to split Europe With Nazis. Now grandkids of those disgusting red scumbags are brainwashed and flooding meta with fake reviews.
  56. Nov 29, 2017
    I really enojed this game (it has a really good gameplay and it shows how history was) (Obviously Russian trolls and commies gets upset and even if they can't afford this game they blame it)
  57. Nov 26, 2017
    First CoH got me for hours. It was excellent. But can CoH 2 be better? Yes. And not. It is much better with graphics, physics and gameplay. It also lets us use Steam Workshop, so modding included. Multiplayer is awesome, I personally prefer coop. Together killing some Nazis (or Commies, as you wish) gives smile on my face. There is nothing better than building 10 pieces of artillery andFirst CoH got me for hours. It was excellent. But can CoH 2 be better? Yes. And not. It is much better with graphics, physics and gameplay. It also lets us use Steam Workshop, so modding included. Multiplayer is awesome, I personally prefer coop. Together killing some Nazis (or Commies, as you wish) gives smile on my face. There is nothing better than building 10 pieces of artillery and killin'em all. You like micro-transactions? You'll be fine then. It isn't very disturbing, though. You can farm XP and get free points or buy them. Game highly, highly recommended. Expand
  58. Nov 24, 2017
    How many russian trolls xddd
    Your communist ancestors were killers, rapist, traitors and murderers.
    And this is a historical fact. If you want to whiten it, do not defend the criminals.
  59. Nov 24, 2017
    Just trying to save this game from angry, historically retarded russians with CCCP mentality. Company of Heroes 2 is one of the most historically accurate productions, that shows reality of eastern front so damn good.
  60. Nov 21, 2017
    Its a very good RTS game. Like first one. But it's not good historical game. Good multiplayer, good single player but... cmon! Anyway war is horrible, is it important who killed more civilian? Everybody hate Russian and don't care about their history. Потому, что они мамолюбивые тупые патриоты.
  61. Sep 24, 2017
    If you're in the market for a decent WWII RTS that's not more than a decade old, then Company of Heroes 2 is probably the best choice there is: it has authentic units and locations, fun gameplay, solid multiplayer and riveting music, all the necessary ingredients for an RTS worthy of your time. The game does have a controversial single-player campaign though which is likely to anger anyIf you're in the market for a decent WWII RTS that's not more than a decade old, then Company of Heroes 2 is probably the best choice there is: it has authentic units and locations, fun gameplay, solid multiplayer and riveting music, all the necessary ingredients for an RTS worthy of your time. The game does have a controversial single-player campaign though which is likely to anger any patriotic Russians out there and there's heaps of DLC to purchase if you want to get the complete experience but these are really the only two things I could fault with the game and they didn't diminish from my personal experience. Expand
  62. Aug 31, 2017
    A wonderful game, details the gritty reality of World War II. Shows two evil forces fighting against each other (albeit, one "less" evil, but that's debatable) for the victory in Europe. And then you have the US who is weak as hell, Britain who is OP as hell (as long as you are on a large map), and OKW who is able to counter Penal squad and T34-85 spam. Don't believe all the triggeredA wonderful game, details the gritty reality of World War II. Shows two evil forces fighting against each other (albeit, one "less" evil, but that's debatable) for the victory in Europe. And then you have the US who is weak as hell, Britain who is OP as hell (as long as you are on a large map), and OKW who is able to counter Penal squad and T34-85 spam. Don't believe all the triggered russians, polish, etc, who are bashing it and haven't even played it. You think it's a coincidence they're english is trash and they all comment from the same time couple of days? This game is a VERY fun game, and with the tuning packs and custom skins, it is enjoyable for thousands of hours. Expand
  63. Aug 22, 2017
    Is it better than the original? NO
    Is it a great game? YES
    Is it a worthy sequel? JUST Having played the original for 7 long years I must say that it has to be the longest, continuously played game of my life. 2 succeeding PC builds always had it installed. I had my doubts with Relic but this one is A-OK. The gameplay is not as unpredictable and as positively protracted as the first
    Is it better than the original? NO
    Is it a great game? YES
    Is it a worthy sequel? JUST

Having played the original for 7 long years I must say that it has to be the longest, continuously played game of my life. 2 succeeding PC builds always had it installed. I had my doubts with Relic but this one is A-OK. The gameplay is not as unpredictable and as positively protracted as the first which takes away a little bit of excitement but you still get loads of fun, explosions and other good stuff in its place. Let's hope the patches improve the balance just a bit more as the high population count of units is an issue. I don't think all the negative reviews accurately portray this still good game so don't let the naysayers discourage you. If you want a very good RTS, this is definitely worth your time and money.
  64. Jul 17, 2017
    Well, it started 4 years ago, when russian vlogger named Eugeny "Badcomedian" Bazhenov made a video where he told about his butthurt about CoH2 storyline. Many of his viewers decided to start a campaign against this game, which caused tons of negative user scores that you can see now here. Soon COH2 was banned in Russia because of "nazi propaganda" and "soviet soldiers shaming".
    Of course
    Of course the storyline sucks. There are many historical mistakes and exaggerations in it. But the game itself is not as bad as you may think while looking at user score. That's why I'd like to redeem myself after being an a***ole and voting 0 many years ago because one commie told me so.
    Also, most of the negative scores here are fake and made without even playing the game but after watching Badcomedian's (or some other russian bloggers fond of USSR) videos. May be about 4 thousand (out of 4425 at the moment) or more, idk. But I do know that they can't be trusted.
    I ranked COH2 9/10 now because of the huge amount of fake scores to equalize it, but remember about failed storyline. Hope you'll see this someday and thank me for revealing the mystery of low score. Play this game and don't look at Russians whining. Seee ya.
  65. Jun 9, 2017
    Company of Heroes 2 is a complex and widely debated RTS strategy game many neo-Nazis dislike it because it doesn't feature a German campaign others hate it because it doesn't glorify the red army and instead tells about brutal war and cruelty that was in-fact committed by the red army in WW2. Those who hate the game can't understand history. Many people think the game is CommunistCompany of Heroes 2 is a complex and widely debated RTS strategy game many neo-Nazis dislike it because it doesn't feature a German campaign others hate it because it doesn't glorify the red army and instead tells about brutal war and cruelty that was in-fact committed by the red army in WW2. Those who hate the game can't understand history. Many people think the game is Communist propaganda but it does not shed light on the Soviet actions during WW2 it does however do a good job on putting you in command of the Soviet Army in it's battle with Germany on the eastern front from Stalingrad all the way to Berlin and it's expansion packs. Many also straight out hate the game because it is made by Sega and Sega is not a very popular developer because of how much DLC packs that released for the game along with it's original price tag being overpriced, Sure some situations are more hollywood but it is still a brutal depiction of a violent real war that people can't accept happened in the way it did. The game neither glorifies the Soviets or demonizes the Nazis. CO2 is a good RTS but it was mixed into the wrong crowd. I rate 8because it demands alot from your computer in order to run effectively. Voice acting is a plus and gameplay is your average RTS with a bit more strategy and encouragement. I guess I can be considered a bad person for actually rooting for the Soviets in their conquest of their land but soon turning to pure horror as they take the fight to their enemies land's brutally murdering anyone who doesn't comply with them or tries to flee the battlefield. The Soviet Army as much harm as they did were still a brave and fierce fighting force that defeated Hitler with help from Western allies. I shouldn't get to historical about this but if it was made by a beloved company such as Valve then it wouldn't nearly have received as much hate. The game is misunderstood and throw in the highly disliked symbol of communism and sell it off and you are bound to receive a backlash. I enjoyed playing the game and it's story no matter how controversial it may be. Expand
  66. May 28, 2017
    Western/Nazi war propaganda, shame on SEGA for publishing Pro-Nazi games, and Relic burn in hell.
    Dont support Nazi Media, this is ubsolute disgusting. The USSR killed 80% of the Wehrmacht and 40% of Japanese forces, USSR loses were 1.3 to 1 in the military casualties of the eastern front, 20 Million Russian/Soviet civilians were killed by the Nazis.
  67. Jan 14, 2017
    This game not better than Company of Heroes - Eastern Front Mod. That's the biggest problem. Because of this people aren't giving high score to this game. Nothing new expect graphics. :P
  68. Dec 24, 2016
    Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage. Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage. Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage
  69. Dec 13, 2016
    One word, HORRIBLE. Bought it when it first came out and so far all of it's expansions. The player base is small and games are hosted by idiot host and consist of even more stupid players. Host will start a game and drop out when they realize they won't win. players will do the same thing instead of SURRENDERING at least get some kind of reward out of playing. nope..... I hate this game,One word, HORRIBLE. Bought it when it first came out and so far all of it's expansions. The player base is small and games are hosted by idiot host and consist of even more stupid players. Host will start a game and drop out when they realize they won't win. players will do the same thing instead of SURRENDERING at least get some kind of reward out of playing. nope..... I hate this game, they could of done so much more but failed to meet my expectations. If it were on sale for $20 when it first came out that would be a fair price. Expand
  70. Nov 12, 2016
    Ive played most of the big RTS games, and played them for 1000's of hours. Company of heroes 2 might be the best RTS game ever. I really don't understand the negative reviews, when the critics and users disagree so greatly just buy the game, test it for 1.5 hrs and refund if you don't like.

Don't miss this game becoz of some peeved poor 15 year olds who can't afford DLC, or pirated the game and therefore miss out on it by default.
    I honestly think that's where alot of the gripe is, oh and not being able to learn tactical RTS without rage quit.
  71. Nov 3, 2016
    Decent after 4 years of patching, DLC destroys the game and imbalance still present.
    Multiplayer crashes and drops still affect the game like coh1. The automatch system still problematic.
    Never played much of the campaign, although interesting
  72. Oct 29, 2016
    Single player campaign is good, it's not as good as the original game. it's done in the same vein. The multiplayer is where this game really shines - particularly co-op for me personally. With the warspoils updates it's finally got a fair system for getting loot like commanders and skins. Pick this up cheap and get thousands of hours worth of play.
  73. Sep 8, 2016
    Campaign is great, but SEGA's DLC policy RUINED this game in multiplayer mode. Typical Pay2Win... I paid for this game once and I demand fair multiplayer gameplay.
    I bought this game and what i got? 40-50% of the finally product.
  74. Aug 22, 2016
    It is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to getIt is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to get into the story and dialogs. The Gameplay was better in CoH 1, although it wasnt perfect in my view. But CoH 2 has more weaknesses. Expand
  75. Aug 7, 2016
    Company of Heroes 2 is a decent enough game mired by controversial DLC and design choices. COH2 shifts the battle to the eastern front. The campaign itself is alright but never really reaches the same level that the campaign in the original COH achieved. The most notable addition to the mechanics is the weather. This would be an intriguing mechanic if it weren't so damned annoying. WhileCompany of Heroes 2 is a decent enough game mired by controversial DLC and design choices. COH2 shifts the battle to the eastern front. The campaign itself is alright but never really reaches the same level that the campaign in the original COH achieved. The most notable addition to the mechanics is the weather. This would be an intriguing mechanic if it weren't so damned annoying. While the mechanic itself makes sense in the context of the eastern front it ultimately makes matches on winter maps too micromanagement focused. Recent patches and new maps have alleviated this problem some what. Its rewarding to play as the new soviet units. Famous tanks like IS-2's and T-34's make their debut. The biggest issue I have with COH2 and SEGA in general as of late is their DLC faction whoring. COH2 has had several pieces of DLC. They released three standalone multiplayer factions.

The issue I have with this is that the US forces cost $10 and then they released Ardennes Assault which was $30 if I am not mistaken. We are getting content sold to us piecemeal as opposed to past expansions which offered a full campaign in addition to factions.

The OKW also released which are still incredibly OP and broken. If you are playing US its damned near impossible to win against the OKW. The US lack any significant means to counter the game breaking King Tiger. In the past COH you had access to a M26 Pershing. But if you want that here? Pay SEGA and Relic to get that. Hell even two Jackson TD's can't destroy a King Tiger. You will want to beat your head against a wall by how frustrating the RNG can be. Units you expect to counter others can either be ineffective or completely useless. The game still suffers from pathing issues. It can be incredibly frustrating to direct your tank in one direction only to have it go the opposite or turn and expose its flank to enemy tank or AT guns.

That is to say nothing of AI matches. You can control two fuel points and yet the enemy AI playing OKW somehow manages to get a king tiger on the field which can break the late game imo.

If you want to play a better balanced game play COH 1 with the Blitzkrieg mod or even the Eastern Front mod for COH 1 is better balanced.
  76. Jul 24, 2016
    No idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are theNo idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are the commanders, in COH1 theyre were great, all were unlocked and they felt really distinct, all were usable and it was easier to balance them in COH2 you dont have a tree you can choose the abilities from but just a linear progression of either useless or overpowered units/abilities... I feel like the units paths are considerably worse than in COH1 and I never thought I would say such a thing. The whole snow mechanic is debatable imo it doesnt add anything to game game its more of an annoyance than anything. All in all really disappointed on how this one turned out. Expand
  77. Jun 30, 2016
    I have waited 4 years before writing my replay, because I knew there would be DLCs and stuff that change the game performance. After having played the game for around 1 year initially, I made a big pause, going back to CoH 1, because CoH 2 simply sucked. The story is terrible and historically so incorrect, that it really hurt my eyes to play even the first few levels. But CoH is more thanI have waited 4 years before writing my replay, because I knew there would be DLCs and stuff that change the game performance. After having played the game for around 1 year initially, I made a big pause, going back to CoH 1, because CoH 2 simply sucked. The story is terrible and historically so incorrect, that it really hurt my eyes to play even the first few levels. But CoH is more than just its story, and since I am a German I never really was a huge fan of it anyways... In CoH 1, the voiceworks, music and environmental artwork was fascinating, also the overall gameplay worked quite great - Axis units were more expensive, smaller but also more reliable and more flexible than their Allied counterpars. Now, in CoH 2, (at its current state 2016, not initially) the Allied units are better in simply any way. Even he cheapest russian unit (and I'm not talking about combat units, but Engineers) can hold against German core-infantry, until the actual russian infantry comes to their aid and annihilates the remaining Germans with sheer overpoweredness. If it does not get annihilated by the russian mortars before, wich also have the nasty habit of being 2 - 3 times as effective as the German ones, not only in damage, but accuracy and health as well. The same goes not only for the Sovjets of course, but for any Allied faction the DLCs added; their units are bigger, more reliable and have better combat skills. While one might argue, that this makes historically more sense and that it is rebalanced by the costs of the different units, the actual gmeplay impact is, that German units are far more often overrun and killed off entirely, simply because as a Wehrmacht-player you have to watch all of them at the same time, to ensure that they are not killed within seconds. Most Allied units perform a lot better on their own, receive veterancy a lot faster and, when they reach the maximum vet, simply become unstoppable. How does it come, that a German troop weapon, like a mortar, performs twice as good in the hands of Americans, who only just came out of their barracks?

Of course the game has some positive aspects, like a huge variety of skins and different commanders and aslo a nice cover system that works quite good. But afterall, it is a horribly designed, money-sucking and frustrating pice of Pay2Win sht, and Relic (or Sega) wants it to be exactly like that. Also, the community is one of the worst you can find. I knew that there are really a lot of stupid people out there, but this.... happening to a game that I really would have liked to like.... A real shame.

And the game is getting worse with every patch and every released DLC. Every time they buff a German unit, they buff twice as many allied units as well. Also it is absolutely common and accepted by the community, that newly released stuff is shockingly overperforming, so that every nooby sucker (of which there is a lot in this game) will buy te DLC at once, hoping for a cheap and flawless victory.
  78. Jun 10, 2016
    One of the best RTS. I can`t imagine why this game has such low user score. Russians can`t look into the eyes of historical facts. In this game interesting story, nice graphics. I recommend this game.
  79. Apr 22, 2016
    This game is so bad. Relic totally tried to rip everyone off, believe the low REAL ranking. I loved COH 1. This is just crap. I don't think I would ever buy any Relic game again because of what they did here.
  80. Apr 11, 2016
    This game has 2 major aspects:
    1. Gameplay: Nothing to write home about, the first one was quite a bit better.
    2 Propaganda: This one is way better in portraying the Eastern front as a battle between the devil and the deep sea. Regrettable from Relic.
  81. Apr 4, 2016
    I must say that I'm surprised at all the 10 star reviews.

Company of Heroes 2 is a solid game 3 years later. It is NOT the best game. It is NOT the worst. It plays a lot like Dawn of War (The originals, before they decided to take out base building. (WHY). I'm not going to write a full review, but the game doesn't say much about Russians, it doesn't hate Russians, it doesn't favor
    I must say that I'm surprised at all the 10 star reviews.

I'm not going to write a full review, but the game doesn't say much about Russians, it doesn't hate Russians, it doesn't favor Americans or Germans'. (At least the English Version, though I can't imagine they changed it that much in other languages.).

My complaint is that the vehicles they give you originally are just kinda the base ones. No Hetzer's, no heavies, not even a bloody KV1, let alone a KV2.
    Mods change all that. I refuse to say "This is RELIC'S IDEA!!! :DD" No. It wasn't, Relic allowed workshop in, workshop did good work for the game. The relic unit comps are far superior then the actual unit comps you get from base game.
    I think people were overly hyped because it's a relic game, relic makes good games, like DOW I. But DOW II was a bit of a dissapointment, and yet it gets supremely good reviews. This is kind of the same thing. Unit comp is so basic that it's dissapointing.
  82. Apr 4, 2016
    Game is pretty well. I`m as Ukrainian support the devs because lots of people who gave such a bad score are just stupid Russian zombies. My grandpa was a WWII veteran and he told me a lot about it. And what i can say, that most of game plot is true! And many od communist scums are trying to hide those facts about "Great Union". It was really a "Jail for Nations"...

And about game: it`s

And about game: it`s qute good, but i haven`t felt the all of game because of dull doctrines.
    I`ve played about 200 h. and still haven`t played on Tiger! Just because i haven`t doctrine with it.
    Also there a LOT of problems with balance. Such as 1-Rank players VS 100-Rank one.
    Or incomprehensible (for me) resource system. I have captured about 65% of battlefield and only can make one poor T-34 while almost dead Nazis SUDDENLY spam me with Panthers and Tigers (and vice-versa with Soviet IS-2, T-34 spam)

It has a lot of abilities for units but unfortunately you can`t use them all. I think it`s a HUGE disadvantage!
    And stupid mods downloading without my consent.

But anyway, i hope relics will make next game better.

Gameplay is good and graphics too
    And it created a lot of butthurt by Communist fools!))
  83. Mar 28, 2016
    Writing this review roughly 3 years after release, with focus on multiplayer gameplay.

With great, interesting gameplay, beautiful graphics, awesome sounds and fairly good balance, a great foundation is there for an awesome rts (rtt) game. Unfortunately, the after release work and maintenance of the game has been utterly atrocious. With focus on adding new (not free) content, bug fixing and optimization has been neglected to a way too high degree. From being playable on quite low end systems, now you need a pc with medium-high end specs to run the game even on lowest graphic settings. And you WILL encounter performance issues, even with high end systems. Not to mention random crashes, and the (still not fixed) obvious memory leaks. 8gb or lower RAM memory? Be prepared to restart the game often.

More frustrating than the ever increasing performance issues are bugs. The game is filled with bugs, forums are swarmed with bug reports that are in most cases completely ignored. Game breaking bugs have generally been fixed, but the time it takes before that happens is huge. If you encounter a game breaking bug, be prepared to stick with it for at least a couple of months. If anything happens at all. Pretty much alll of the minor bugs are left untouched, leading to extremely frustrating gameplay.

It makes me sad to see the poor maintenance of the sequel to such an epic game that Coh 1 was. Obviously moneymilking of the customers, with extremely little being given back that doesn't generate money to Relic/SEGA. It's baffeling. I will never buy a Relic title again, and I will think twice before touching any SEGA stuff at all. I recommend others to do alot of research before doing so as well.

Do NOT buy this game if you want to enjoy a competitive multiplayer RTS scene. If anything, buy it for singleplayer, but that alone is not worth the price.

Sad.
  84. Mar 22, 2016
    Utter crap, dumbed down click fest for children, no real strategy, nothing in this game bears any relation to warfare, it's a second rate Command and conquer offering dressed in fatigues, dog ****
  85. Feb 26, 2016
    First off, I'm writing this review based on the online multiplayer side of COH2. I didn't bother playing the single-player campaign because it's not challenging and I'm not that interested in playing Soviets. So people complaining about the story I can't relate to them. I'm just looking at the online gameplay.

Overall a very interesting tactical RTS game that requires alot of micro

Overall a very interesting tactical RTS game that requires alot of micro managing. The WWII setting is a big plus. No laser robots, monsters or zombies.. You have to be precise and decisive at how to position your troops, how to flank enemies or get in cover etc. Setting up defenses or launching joint assaults with others. It's so fascinating to see actual players working together building lines of defenses or rushing from one end of the map to your rescue. Events that takes place during the battle can be very awe inspiring or... well.. can also be eye-rolling. The banter, the trash talk.... Common in online games.

Another downside is the balancing. You'll be finding the game too easy at one point, then a month later too hard. Then becomes even more easier than before..... And on and on... But it changes the way you play the game to keep things fresh I suppose.

Spent so many hours in this game. Still loving it.
  86. Feb 16, 2016
    Look at all the Negative reviews, 47901068, Nice try Russians, It's too much lol.
    On Steam, there're 17,532 Positive and 4,963 Negative.
    Anyway, It's a really fun game, thank you Relic.
  87. Feb 4, 2016
    Great game about II World War. I love that is based no real facts about this conflict. I know that is hard to accepting by Russian people because they have their own version of history. But this is true about "Order 227" and killing their own soldiers. Russians never liked polish people so they don't help when Warsaw Uprising started. It's sad but this are history facts. They win a war,Great game about II World War. I love that is based no real facts about this conflict. I know that is hard to accepting by Russian people because they have their own version of history. But this is true about "Order 227" and killing their own soldiers. Russians never liked polish people so they don't help when Warsaw Uprising started. It's sad but this are history facts. They win a war, but Stalin was similar to Hitler. It without meaning for him how many people will die. Expand
  88. Feb 3, 2016
    Its a pity that all the crap from the east have defiled this impressive effort. I have done the campaign a few online games i have found it a remarkable game - you can tell a lot of effort t has gone into this. The campaign for CCCp was rich and varied, contained humor and a few challenges, I have played for about 25 years and this was almost on a par with original COH. Having said that iIts a pity that all the crap from the east have defiled this impressive effort. I have done the campaign a few online games i have found it a remarkable game - you can tell a lot of effort t has gone into this. The campaign for CCCp was rich and varied, contained humor and a few challenges, I have played for about 25 years and this was almost on a par with original COH. Having said that i did have to delete "appcache " a few times and exempt it from defender etc to get it to work properly. Expand
  89. Jan 12, 2016
    Re-reviewing this now that I tried it again. Setting a 10 because of the Russians that spammed negative reviews because this game handles the uncomfortable truth for them.

It's definitely an enjoyable game, with many mechanics of the old CoH1. It is rather tactical and you have to know your enemy to be able to win the day. There are a few issues though and they are mostly the

It's definitely an enjoyable game, with many mechanics of the old CoH1.

It is rather tactical and you have to know your enemy to be able to win the day. There are a few issues though and they are mostly the following:

- Some units seem useless, and don't fill any function, or are too expensive to purchase when you can get a similar unit for just a tiny bit more fuel or MP and have a way, way better efficiency.

- Balance is also an issue naturally, as these games can be hard to balance. Examples are Russian tanks seemingly fires their main gun and can kill up to 4 units with one shell, from any tank. While German tanks cannot. Germans (OKW) have garrisonable AT-rocket launchers and they're insane.

- RNG will cause madness sometimes.

- Last and biggest problem. The EXTREMELY expensive commanders that you have to pay for in-game to be able to get. Or you can play hundreds of thousands of games to find some of them. This is the major flaw in CoH2 that relic did. If not for this feature, the game would be so many times more enjoyable. It would be fine if they sold cosmetic things in the store, such as camouflage, victory strikes and all the little things for your player card. As it is now they sell commanders, and yes, those commanders have some of the unique and ICONIC units of the way. Like Sturmtruppen, KV-2, Assault Grenadiers, Partisans, Tiger Ace, Sturmtiger, Jäger Light Infantry Recon, FlammPanzer Hetzer and more. There might even be MORE units not available as I got loads of commanders for free because I was a "veteran". If you purchase the game now, I don't know how many unique units you will miss out on, but possibly very many.

Now this is such a shame because behind all that pay for our chopped up game **** there's a really nice and enjoyable game. It would be a lot better if they had you progress through ranks, unlocking these commanders as you went along and then having the possibility of purchasing them if you really wanted them. Obviously this includes not making it impossible to grind through the level in a rather short time of playing 100 hours or so should be enough in my opinion.

It is a really fun game to play with your friends and I would recommend it DESPITE the **** commanders crap.

However, were it not for the **** commander buying, and the Russians complaining here. My real ratings would be:

As it stands now with the commanders being as they are I would rate it:

90. Jan 8, 2016

The OKW also released which are still incredibly OP and broken. If you are playing US its damned near impossible to win against the OKW. The US lack any significant means to counter the game breaking King Tiger. In the past COH you had access to a M26 Pershing. But if you want that here? Pay SEGA and Relic to get that. Hell even two Jackson TD's can't destroy a King Tiger. If you want to play a better balanced game play COH 1 with the Blitzkrieg mod or hell even the Eastern Front mod for COH 1 is better balanced.
  91. Dec 26, 2015
    By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

One of the worst player bases I've ever played with. Loose a match and they cry OP and beg relic to nerf the Allied factions while buffing the Axis in which they usually do. No one knows how to play this game, stay away unless you plan on joining friends. Just go on the discussion page and see how pathetic these people are. For the game itself, it's.. Eh just stay away from this game. Isn't worth it unless you get it on a good sale. I'll admit this game wasn't bad but the god damn patches every month just keep ruining it because they attempt to balance it while they're just making things worse.

Oh and as a tip, you might as well just do PvP because the AI are smarter than actual players. Not to mention how crazy the AI is now, with a mix of being stupid.
  92. Dec 12, 2015
    the only thing what they can do are dlc"s. no one fix the lags and bugs. i play 30 min then it lags then it crashes again and again and again. what a waste of money
  93. Dec 7, 2015
    haha, russian butthurt is beautifull here. Someone showed red army in real light and they are going crazy :D
    I live in Poland, people here still remember the savagery and barbarism of red army. Every girl above age 10 and woman under age 80 had to hide in a cellar whenever these "heroes" were around. bunch of savage brutes taken from siberias planes with a rifle. They are right about one thing. This game doesnt show the truth. Truth was much, much worse.
    They had some cool tanks and planes tho, good material for a game ;)
  94. Oct 22, 2015
    This game has an extremely fun and addictive multiplayer, guranteed that you feel exhausted after every game more than 30 minutes. Nevertheless this game can give you moments of joy.
  95. Oct 11, 2015
    Terrible game.

$hit story. Poorly balanced units. Atrocious path finding full of vehicle gangbang clusterf*cks. AI that cheats to the point of absurdity. Crap linux port that has half the frame rate of windows and cannot do multiplayer with Windows or Mac clients (server browser is empty). Too much DLC. I haven't played multiplayer, but I suspect its total crap given the unit balancing.
    Terrible game.

I give it a 3 because it's pretty. If the graphics weren't good nobody would play this game. It's just soooo fu__ing broken.

Relic should be ashamed for pushing this crap out.
  96. Sep 27, 2015
    I dont understand why so many people disklike this game. I played it already for several years and its still good to play regarding of the age of the game.
    In my opinion, i think most of you didnt even play it for longer than one hour.
    Check my review at www.e-core.org about this game.
  97. Sep 4, 2015
    Im am really disappointed with the developers, they have made the new Britain pack so strong, of course just to sell, but, the game has lost its orginality. There is no balance in power between the forces. For instance, i picked Germany and it needed 3 medium tanks to destroy a Britain tank, make no sense, expect if they made the tank from diamond. Basically, they have made the new unitIm am really disappointed with the developers, they have made the new Britain pack so strong, of course just to sell, but, the game has lost its orginality. There is no balance in power between the forces. For instance, i picked Germany and it needed 3 medium tanks to destroy a Britain tank, make no sense, expect if they made the tank from diamond. Basically, they have made the new unit pack of Britain so strong, just to sell, but on the other side, destroyed the pleasure of playing this game. Expand
  98. Sep 1, 2015
    I have sunk over 300 hours into this game, And a decent amount into the prequel So I feel it's time to give my opinion on this game.

Pros: Lines of sight are much more realistic. It's a nice improvement over the previous game Fun and long battles. I've had games last as long as 3 hours. Wonderful graphics. (A little bit on this in the Con section.) Troops have idle lines, Giving

Pros:
    Fun and long battles. I've had games last as long as 3 hours.
    Wonderful graphics. (A little bit on this in the Con section.)
    Troops have idle lines, Giving them some personality. ("We had a girl back in Aachen that could do it standing on her head! And singing!")
    Weather effects are a nice addition (A little bit on this in the Con section)
    Steam workshop support. Making some DLCs a little less like an obvious choice.
    Decently balanced team wise. (Not perfect. I find the Americans to be the weakest, Especially late game. But, hey. I don't play as them that often so...)
    Challenging Campaign.

Cons:
    Kinda Dumb AI. Late in the game, even expert bots will either: A) Stop producing units, B) Keep all their units in their base, or C) They'll move their troops out 100 yds and then have them retreat for no reason. Also, Bridges. Bots seem to just leave their troops on a bridge effectively blocking it, and you can't do anything to make them move.
    Monstrous PC specs required for a smooth game. Do not get this game if your computer is even remotely considered anything close to a toaster.
    Fairly toxic community, but that's expected with almost team-based every game.
    Time needed to get a War Spoils drop is too long, and you can get duplicates.
    A lot...A LOT of DLC. Extra mission packs, dozens of commanders, dozens of camos, and the camos are split individually among the vehicle classes. Making you buy all three of the same camo if you want it to appear on all of your vehicles
    Lots of RNG when it comes to what happens to a tank on 1 health. Most of the time it destroys the gun, instead of killing the tank, allowing the enemy tank to get away and repair.
    Models have started warping all of a sudden.

Controversy: Holy crap...the amount of people on here offended about the game is too damn high. Makes me kinda wonder where the found info on flowers springing up in the Russians footsteps as they peacefully cared for all of their troops individually...Oh wait, THAT DIDNT HAPPEN. I have done...quite extensive research on the eastern front during WW2...and while this game does take some "unhistorical" liberties (The execution of the soldier who left his post to save his commander)...It's portrayal of the Russian army is pretty accurate. Some soldiers didn't have guns, those that retreated were seen as traitors, and they WERE shot by their own officers, and the Scorched earth policy was a thing. Now before everyone reading this immediately claims I'm Anti-Rus, or Pro-Nazi or whatever, The Nazi's most well known atrocities were on the German home front. The Holocaust, etc. You can't really model that, especially when there's a difference between the government in power (the nazis) versus the army. That's like saying all of the US's soldiers are democrats. Because that's what our president's party is. In battle, the Russians were far more uncaring of their troops, and this is quite obviously shown with the body count, as commanders would just use human wave tactics to overwhelm the germans. And they did kill any polish people that weren't willing to side with them. War isn't politically correct, and games shouldn't have to be in order to be considered to be good.

Overall, It's a very fun game, With a lot of mod support that further adds to the life of the game. However It is very DLC centric, and War spoils system needs some tweaking. It's a decent addition over the first game, and you all need to calm down and do some actual research about the russians during WW2. They're not the Angels you all seem to think they are.
  99. Aug 29, 2015
    Great game to play and enjoy an in-depth historical look at military life under the benevolent Soviet Union. A couple key features I would like to see in the next release (or patch?): 1) Inclusion of Russia's invasion of Poland prior to WW2 (when Stalin was allies with Nazi Germany), 2) some pogroms, pillaging of minority civilians neighborhoods to build wealth and expand gene pool. 3)Great game to play and enjoy an in-depth historical look at military life under the benevolent Soviet Union. A couple key features I would like to see in the next release (or patch?): 1) Inclusion of Russia's invasion of Poland prior to WW2 (when Stalin was allies with Nazi Germany), 2) some pogroms, pillaging of minority civilians neighborhoods to build wealth and expand gene pool. 3) Gulags - free labor by arresting any political dissidents, turning them into a production powerhouse (until they die from starvation, anyway... God bless this game! Expand
  100. Aug 28, 2015
    You know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in mostYou know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in most games.
    - The campaign does not insult the millions of Soviet soldiers who heroically fought in WWII and does not portray them as cowards. In fact, it does quite the opposite, which you would find out if you actually play it or at least watch a decent playthrough.
    - The way the NKVD is portrayed is well-deserved.
    - Yes, soldiers have to retreat sometimes, and no, they usually don't look forward to dying, especially if their deaths would be meaningless. Shocking, I know. Whether Order 227 was "harsh but necessary" or not is... debatable, to say the least.
    - In the mission 'Scorched Earth', setting your own people on fire is most likely a result of the player's actions, a glitch or just a freak accident. Civilians are told to evacuate in a cutscene, and nothing suggests that you should burn the buildings when the people are still inside.
    - The murder of Polish resistance fighters at the end of 'Behind Enemy Lines' is based on what actually happened to many of them in real life, if they weren't pro-Soviet.
    - 'General Winter' was one of the factors in the Soviet victory. Compared to the Soviets, the Nazis were ill-prepared for the harsh weather. Anyway, the game never said it was the only or the most important factor in the war.
    - Shortages of weapons were not unheard of.
    - By the time of its capture, the Reichstag had not been used for 12 years. Arguably not the best place for a photo op.
    I could go on, but spelling these things out feels increasingly silly.
    Obviously I can't speak on behalf of every Russian who played CoH2, but for what it's worth, I'd like to apologize to Relic (and anyone who read my original 'review') for my initial reaction and thank them for focusing this major installment of the franchise on the Eastern Front. Hopefully this won't be their last game about it, although after all the insults and threats they received I can't really blame them if they or any other developer choose to ignore the topic altogether.
    As for the score, I'm not saying the story is perfect, there has been valid criticism of it, but still, I'd like to do my part in balancing out the appalling number of unfair 0s.
  101. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 82 Critic Reviews