7.6

1. Oct 29, 2020
    I´ve played the predecessor on Xbox 360 and was amazed about the cute art style and the addictive gameplay. And Costume Quest 2 doesn´t make any experiments. On the one hand this is good, because the first part was really enjoyable, from gamplay to graphics. On the other hand, I expected at least some changes. Don´t get me wrong, this game is fun. But the whole experience seems a bit warmed up.
  2. ave
    Oct 23, 2015
    The main difference between the two Costume Quest games mostly lies in story and settings, and not much on gameplay that is very similar.

Since I really liked the first episode, I should have appreciated this one; because once I have found an engaging gameplay, I really like to play it again in sequels. But in a strange way, Costume Quest 2 had a complete opposite effect on me. Maybe

Maybe it's because of the long launch, the counter-intuitive main screen, the "knock on doors for candies or combat" part or the "too-fine / too hard" controls, I don't know. I felt the pleasurable experience from the first Costume Quest somewhat vanished.

Even if I do appreciate hard and punishing games that presents tough challenges, doesn't help you a bit, and reward your efforts with mastery; I wasn't expecting Costume Quest 2 too challenge me that much when I only wanted a laid-back, relaxed play time.
  3. Fuz
    Oct 22, 2014
    Basically the same as the first game. It's a light rpg with a combat system based on halloween theme with costumes. Cute and fun, but nothing special. Not a bad game tho.
  4. Oct 29, 2020

Mixed or average reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jan 9, 2015
    A new, better Costume Quest. If it wasn’t for the short and easy campaign I would recommend it to everyone, not just fans of the first game. [13/2014, p.53]
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    Costume Quest 2 is a classic JRPG, stripped of all the tedious baggage and wrapped in Double Fine’s impeccable writing and sense of whimsy.
  3. Nov 13, 2014
    Costume Quest isn't about providing a challenge; it's about rekindling the magic of Halloween we all experienced when we were younger, and it does an incredible job.