6.7

1. Mar 4, 2019
    Engaging village simulation with pleasant noncartoony art and a novel setting. More like 'Dawn of Northern Europe,' so don't expect to sack Mesopotamia in chariots, but with satisfying gameplay and a promise for more content to come, I can unhesitatingly recommend this to sim fans.
  2. Mar 3, 2019
    Not bad survival city-building strategy overall. Non-trivia time period, good in details. Decent graphics and music. Balance is OK after some hours of gaming.
    Good price and great potential.
  3. Mar 3, 2019
    An engaging City builder set from the Paleolithic period to the end of the Iron Age.
    It's a relaxing game to play. You're not in a BIG rush to get things done, but it IS engaging and somewhat challenging at times.
    Graphically quite pretty, certainly good enough for the price and size of the studio who made it. It's a sort of game with lots of re-playability, which is good, as I can

It's a sort of game with lots of re-playability, which is good, as I can see myself "finishing" this game, meaning reaching the end of the Iron Age within several hours.
    However it has several "Challenges" and different areas that have varying levels of difficulty.

A great game and certainly worth the price they're asking (About $30 AUD).

The studio is saying they intend to add more content as the game progresses too, so I'm looking forward to that and definitely DO listen to the community.
  4. Mar 22, 2019
    After 22 hours.
    I'm kind of disappointed. It should be survival game but i don't see how I can die. After very nice tutorial I already knew everything I need to know to go through game. There vere no suprice or challange what so ever.
    After 22 hours.
    If I compare it with Forrest Village where I died three times before I finaly find out how to survive and succesfully develop village. Dawn of Men become boring very fast.
    On the other hand manging of works is well made, graphic is nice, loading time is very short and i didn't meet any bug.

Edit:
    I just rise up rating.
    Big issue with lack of content is solved by using workshop. I prefer different approach but it could works. Also these contents can be made with bigger difficulty.
  5. Mar 1, 2019
    Absolutely outstanding. If you're a fan of Civilization, you'll love this. Gets the level of detail and challenge just right. Very intuitive, minimal micromanagement, no bugs. Best new strategy game since Frostpunk. Well done to the creator.
  6. Mar 1, 2019
    •Awesome potential.
    •Best price for a new game.
    Game offers discovery and survival. If you like tycoons, survival, city building games etc. Dawn of Man suits you!
    Starting with nothing except tents and little knowledge. After two hours, you just did small things. Game offers you long hours to have fun.
  7. Apr 5, 2019
    Very intriguing game about prehistory that is keeping me engaged for more than 20 hours now. For that price an awesome buy. Check it out!
  8. Mar 11, 2019
    Chill and cool feeling, whit good management & gamplay, i like :)
    This is one of the best survival-rts.
  9. Mar 24, 2019
    This game just suddenly feels right. Starting with a bunch of prehistoric guys and two huts you step by step discover new technologies and keep vigilant to maintain some balance in time-management and resources. It is some kind of a mix of The Settlers (ah, I do miss the times) and Civilization, but with a more dynamic world. There are some downsides too, of course:
    1) Having some
    1) Having some experience in RTS games I wish I had more possibilities for micromanagement. Not only setting some building production to high priority, but to order the concrete guy to work in a concrete building. It was often frustrating when I'm low on food after winter and they leave half of the grain on the fields during the fall.
    2) After discovering all of the possible technologies the game kind of lacks a goal. All you can do is keep watch so u still have food and tools. The scenarios are not quite interesting to my taste.
    Still, in overall, I really did enjoy Dawn of Man and strongly recommend it.

1. Apr 5, 2019
    Hunt mammoths, cultivate the land and bake bread in an educational and fun gaming experience about the dawn of human history. Just be prepared for some rough edges.
  2. Mar 18, 2019
    Dawn of Man is a good city builder, which is limited by its own concept.
  3. Mar 15, 2019
    Although it’s not revolutionary, Dawn of Man is a pretty solid management and strategy game. If you like the genre and the setting, you won’t find many shortcomings here.