7.8

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2001 Ratings

1. Dec 17, 2020
    It is easily a boring and monothematic monotonous game.
    Especially for the boring loop gameplay and the slowly and repetitive animations for everything. And the plot is just disappointingly bad, like ridiculously bad written.
    And this it was a flat and forgettable experience for me.

P.s: the framerates drops and the multiple crash are unacceptable for a game porting from console today.
  2. Jul 15, 2020
    The performance are really bad. Texture glitch, bugs, framerates drops and sometimes even crash.
    I've reset my PC two times yesterday, only just for play at least 2 hours with this.
    (and one hour of these two hours only for the cutscenes) And I've checked the performance of my PC, and it's all set with the recommended stuff. I think that they should resolve this issue soon, but it's
    (and one hour of these two hours only for the cutscenes)
    I think that they should resolve this issue soon, but it's disappointing see this kind of problems. Because in this state it hard even only open this.
  3. Jul 16, 2020
    Fatal Error occurred.
    When yesterday I've played my tenth hour with the game, the application crashed. My computer was resetted, and when I've reopened the game my save data was deleted.
    I can't understand why this happened, but goddammit I've wasted all my progress with this game!
    I think that I'm going to ask for a refund, until they resolve this delete save data issue.
  4. Jul 16, 2020
    The worst game I've played in the recent years.
    Only deliveries missions, and cringe plot cutscenes with terrible writings. Absolutely disgusting.
    Also, numerous textures glitch during the cutscenes, and framerates drops under 30fps.
    The most boring experience I've ever had.
  5. Jul 16, 2020
    Unplayable. Multiple crash and even textures glich.
    And when you can play, there's more cutscenes than actual gameplay. Slowly animation and and only delivery quest.
    The worst gaming experience I've ever had.
  6. Jul 16, 2020
    Substantially it's a poorly designed game.
    With really big flaws this deliveryman simulator is basically a glorification of the fetch quests, the worst kind of mission for an open world game today.
    You go from point A to point B for all the time, and very often with very long and repetitive cutscenes. The writing and the gameplay they are also bad, and I've encountered even some really
    Substantially it's a poorly designed game.
    The writing and the gameplay they are also bad, and I've encountered even some really big bugs during different missions. If I can give you an advice, save your money.
  7. Jul 16, 2020
    Definitely a bad game. Texture with gliches in the cutscenes, bugs, monotony and repetitiveness of gameplay and plot. Certainly the worst work done by Kojima.
    I am surprised at how you can even think of making a game filled only with fetch quests.
  8. Jul 31, 2020
    Repetitive, boring trash bookended by an LSD fever dream story. I'm never buying a Kojima game again.
  9. Jul 27, 2020
    I really hate it. I'm sure people will think i'm just too impatient to enjoy the game, but to me it feels like the made the graphics, then remembered it had to be a game and threw the rest together in a day. I don't mind games with detailed stories, but i've been playing for 2 hours and all i've seen is a guy running around while invisible monsters make noises.
  10. Jul 16, 2020
    This game was created with good idea but it is really bad. I understand that Kojima tried to create something new and fresh but it went horribly wrong. Gameplay is horrible and boring but music and graphics are great. But who plays game to just look at the graphics and listen to the soundtrack. There is Spotify and artworks for that.
  11. Jul 27, 2020
    The game is basically a glorified walking simulator with baked on "shooter" elements. The story of the game is a sad joke. The fan theories of what the game could be about was far more interesting than the banal drivel offered in this game. Why is this character called Die Hardman? Because he...died...hard. You'll get typical Hideo Kojima try hard lines like, "I'm Fragile but not thatThe game is basically a glorified walking simulator with baked on "shooter" elements. The story of the game is a sad joke. The fan theories of what the game could be about was far more interesting than the banal drivel offered in this game. Why is this character called Die Hardman? Because he...died...hard. You'll get typical Hideo Kojima try hard lines like, "I'm Fragile but not that fragile" without the bombastic and interesting cutscenes of the Metal Gear Solid games. The entire game is an exercise in futility.

The story beats you over the head over and over again with stupid lines like, "We need to be connected" and other things that might have felt "cool" in Kojima's mind but falls flat in execution. Don't be surprised if you end up rolling your eyeballs so far inside your socket at the game's sad excuse for "twists" and "revelations". Only a fool would be unable to see where this predictable trash story is going to lead.

The gameplay is basically a walking simulator (Amazon Prime delivery simulator) set in an open, empty world with nothing to do. You walk from point A to point B. Unlike what all the idiotic shills like to say, there is no "challenge" in traversing the dumb environment. There are falling rocks that phase through you without doing any damage whatsoever. This must be the "challenge" shills were talking about. The game's online basically has roads and ziplines everywhere so it's easy to travel to and fro without. The combat in this game revolves around throwing poo and pee grenades at dumb bullet sponge enemies. Enemy AI is stupid and can be easily tricked into loops where you can annihilate them.

The music is basically licensed trash that you can listen to while trudging across America which looks a lot like Iceland than America. It is clear that Kojima spent the bulk of his money on the so called "star studded" losers from TV and film. All that money wasted, on characters you won't care for, on a game that seeks to insult your intelligence by repeating plot points and threads ad nauseum.

The PC version of the game comes with Denuvo DRM so to hell with gamers willing to pay money for this trash. It also works only on Windows 10 and won't work on GPUs and CPUs that are technically able to run this unappealing wreck of a game. The game still has numerous crashes and bugs on certain hardware setups (check the Steam forums to know the full extent of how bad this game is).

Death Stranding is quite possibly the worst game made by Hideo Kojima that fails in every aspect. It's no wonder that Sony did not offer him another deal to work with them. They've also stopped revealing sales numbers after the initial flow of articles that said the game sold 200k copies in Japan (total tally is 399k in Japan). Death Stranding was at the top of the list but quickly toppled over after a few days. To this day, Hideo Kojima insists his game is not a flop. If it is not a flop, why won't he reveal the sales numbers? Last Guardian sold around 1.4 million copies. Ghost of Tsushima sold 2.4 million copies in 3 days. Why is Kojima the only one who refuses to state how many copies his game sold? Please don't post me fake stats from Gamstat that says the game has 3 million players (there is something called Game Sharing on Playstation). Besides, Gamstat states on their website that the numbers are not official. What's the point then? Kojima insists his game is a success. I don't believe him. The game flopped big time. The Steam numbers for the game is pathetic as well.

If you want to spend your time on a quality game, kindly play something else rather than this putrid pile of garbage called Death Stranding. The game spends more time blowing its c__k than in at least trying to engage the player in any meaningful form. A stupid game, made by a narcissistic pseudo intellectual game maker who is riding on the coat tails of past successful games. That's what you'll get with Death Stranding.

12. Jul 15, 2020
    a walking simulator with a story that its only objective is make you drowsy
  13. Jul 18, 2020
    Boring gameplay and very strange story. Also the game is very slow, no action no intressting stuff happening its just BORING!
  14. Jul 24, 2020
    I rather work for Amazon delivering packages. It would be more fun than this crappy game
  15. Jul 15, 2020
    Very boring, the game is literally made of fetch quest.
    May be fun for people looking to dose off while playing, but definitely not for everyone.
  16. Jul 18, 2020
    Quite a solid walking simulator, totally ruined with Kojima's pretensious, ham-fisted kitcsh. You, Kojima-san, could not write your way out of a shoebox, if you are ever in doubt, come, I will give you a certificate in writing. Please, do something, ken-do, kabuki or brew tea, but something else. The "stories" you create are ridiculous, pretensious, and unpalatable. This one comes withQuite a solid walking simulator, totally ruined with Kojima's pretensious, ham-fisted kitcsh. You, Kojima-san, could not write your way out of a shoebox, if you are ever in doubt, come, I will give you a certificate in writing. Please, do something, ken-do, kabuki or brew tea, but something else. The "stories" you create are ridiculous, pretensious, and unpalatable. This one comes with heaps of hard-to-chew side of "let's reconnect America" into some sort of non-profit, Facebook like driven, post-communist utopia (everyone works like mad just for facebook likes). And as the story advances, it goes worse and worse. The obligatory "bad people made boom with bad nuclear weapons", transdimensional boo-boo, Egyptians, stuff stolen from Daniken like pyramids, coming from the dead, immaterial soul, out of body travels, pseudo-science babble (a chemical called "chiralis" (handium) that makes little hand crystals grow everywhere, in large concentrations makes dead drag you with their hands into a pool of bad, bad crude oil, leaving handprints on your body - I am not kidding).
    Characters like Diehardman and Deadman, and Heartman, and it gets worse and worse. Towns named Central Knot, Fort Konox, Warehouse west of Central Capital Knot, you will never remember where is what. Clumsy, convoluted language - "deathless freaks", "Bridges - people connecting Americans, the president is called Bridget", and it goes on and on. Pretentious, nonsensical, trihard kitsch.
    Hideo Kojima is Ed Wood of game design.
  17. Aug 2, 2020
    Prefiero trabajar de cartero y que me paguen que jugar a esto y pagar, un poco aburrido, igual mas adelante le doy otra oportunidad pero a día de hoy me ha parecido un truño
  18. Aug 12, 2020
    Walking simulator 2020! Story telling is on par with uncle cleetus who just took his pain meds trying to tell you a story he heard from his friend's cousin's mom's dad's s great grandma's dog walker. Story is so long it could be a movie. The story would be more engaging if the whole game wasn't a marketing ploy for Monster Energy.
  19. Jul 22, 2020
    Do you like delivering packages for hours and hours to one sided boring characters??? This is the game for you. Do you like painfully long cut scenes that makes this so call game feel more like a movie??? This game is for you!!!!! What a shame Kojima new game is this dumpster fire.
  20. Jul 20, 2020
    Another garbage console to PC port failure. Honestly, the creators should design games first on PC specially. Because consoles are having handicaps to do great games. Console players are thinking they are playing very quality games.. no no most of them just cheap designed, delusional tricks. Consoles are for captivity, PC platforms are for freedom! That's a certain and known thing. PeopleAnother garbage console to PC port failure. Honestly, the creators should design games first on PC specially. Because consoles are having handicaps to do great games. Console players are thinking they are playing very quality games.. no no most of them just cheap designed, delusional tricks. Consoles are for captivity, PC platforms are for freedom! That's a certain and known thing. People should stop buying consoles. Come to the PC side and play quality games for freedom. Designers will do it after consoles trashed! Also that's why console games get more lower points on PC platforms. PC gamers don't like delusional console sh...ty games.
    I gave 2 points for Norman's sake.
  21. Jul 18, 2020
    For now it's still unplayable. Cutscenes are stuttering. Game is telling you to press Down + LT + B for example, but you need to press Right + RB + A and I need to google everytime how it is on console to understand it. Also I can't go forward with vehicles, only backward (keyboard or gamepad, both with same problem). Scanner on BTs is also bugged and is not working in stealth parts andFor now it's still unplayable. Cutscenes are stuttering. Game is telling you to press Down + LT + B for example, but you need to press Right + RB + A and I need to google everytime how it is on console to understand it. Also I can't go forward with vehicles, only backward (keyboard or gamepad, both with same problem). Scanner on BTs is also bugged and is not working in stealth parts and that's connected with other problem, I can't even see BTs (i know I should see them sometimes). I waited for a patch, which should be up in day 1... I waited 3 days for first patch and it fixed nothing for me. Expand
  22. Jul 19, 2020
    Caminar y caminar en todo momento y entregar paquetes?? Que tontería es esto??
    Ah pero como es de Kojima, es una obra maestra...no inventen..
  23. Jul 20, 2020
    The game is so bad and boring , every time I play it makes me sleepy , I am afraid that the game will kill somebody of its boredom
  24. Jul 22, 2020
    Juego aburrido y repetitivo. Una estafa considerable. Arriesga mucho y fracasa. El único punto positivo es el apartado gráfico, pero es insuficiente.
  25. Jul 27, 2020
    It can be an interesting game for me, but without a good port, it's close to unplayable or at least destroying my experience. Huge problems with Xbox gamepads. I can't ride in vehicles for some reason with a gamepad plugged in. I see different combinations on screen than what game actually wants to press and it's not showing Playstation layout. It's showing Xbox buttons but different thanIt can be an interesting game for me, but without a good port, it's close to unplayable or at least destroying my experience. Huge problems with Xbox gamepads. I can't ride in vehicles for some reason with a gamepad plugged in. I see different combinations on screen than what game actually wants to press and it's not showing Playstation layout. It's showing Xbox buttons but different than what game wants me to press in that moment and I needed to google what to press. Cutscenes stuttering. Game is crashing (turning down some security wall through command fixed it... wtf?). And there are more bizzare problems. I waited few days and i was pretty sure that they will fix it with some quick update and I was surprised that they don't care about it. It's already two weeks after release and there was only one small update which fixed nothing for me. From update page it looks like they care more about people sharing screenshots than playing the game without problems. I don't know how they can put a year of work into this port and then don't care about it after its release. What should people think about them? Expand
  26. Jul 30, 2020
    можно было бы сказать что то хорошее но не буду потому что игра отвратительная и вся шумиха на протяжении нескольких лет что это что то уникальное а на деле пшик. а ну да про плаплаченое голосование и то что было до этого на метакритике тожеможно было бы сказать что то хорошее но не буду потому что игра отвратительная и вся шумиха на протяжении нескольких лет что это что то уникальное а на деле пшик. а ну да про плаплаченое голосование и то что было до этого на метакритике тоже
  27. Jul 29, 2020
    Hideo Kojima is easily one of the most self absorbed developers out there and that is really saying something, spamming his name in caps on every screenshot or video. However as living up to it,. denuvo riddled filth game that is boring and bland at best.

28. Jul 27, 2020
    Is unplayble **** Crash every 20 minute. Dont buy it for full price! If you want to play it, wait for discounts.
  29. Jul 21, 2020
    Awful.
    Awful.
    After all the hype around this game I'm very disappointed now that I've finally played it. All you do is walk (or drive) around and do meaningless missions. There are so many cutscenes it is more like a movie than a game.But the biggest problem with this game is Hideo Kojima himself. He's just not very talented when it comes to story telling. You get the feeling he wants to be a film director instead of a game creator. What you get is a big mess of a story that isn't engaging at all. For a game that relies so much on it's story this is a big problem.
    If you still want to play it wait for a big discount. At full price it is not worth your money.
  30. Jul 19, 2020
    Overall, a disappointing outing from Kojima. The mechanics are slow and clunky. The gameplay is slow and frustrating. This is closer to an interactive movie than a game. I would not recommend this game to anyone... ever....zzz...
  31. Jul 21, 2020
    !!!Early Access Game!!!
    This port is awful, crashes, stutters, game breaking bugs, devs have nothing to say to those who encountered these problems, waste of money.
  32. Jul 25, 2020
    I'm gladly play Last of Us 2 for a second time rather that this "masterpiece",lol thats how they tag this type of game genre on steamstore,strand type game
  33. Jul 21, 2020
    DS is absolutely NOT as great, as this game should have been.
    Poor plot, boring gameplay and bottomless ocean of fake "brilliance".
    Ah, and it was ported, but, tbh, it needs some serious technical improvement.
  34. Jul 31, 2020
    Your money will be a lot more worthy to spend on some bit ches with STDs than playing this shi tty game of the century,
  35. Aug 26, 2020
    Le doy zero por que es una mierda y basura total no vale la pena una decepcion
  36. Jul 17, 2020
    The game is boring, gameplay is boring, the story is boooooring and cring. Emty openworld
  37. Jul 29, 2020
    This is the weirdest game I've ever played. Unfortunately not in a good way. It's very boring but that's not the real problem. The real problem is simply how WEIRD it is. It's unrelatable on a level that is hard to describe. If the image of three gerbils riding a bottle of Mountain Dew up a mountain backwards while Jesus cheers in the background and holds up a sign that reads "FREEThis is the weirdest game I've ever played. Unfortunately not in a good way. It's very boring but that's not the real problem. The real problem is simply how WEIRD it is. It's unrelatable on a level that is hard to describe. If the image of three gerbils riding a bottle of Mountain Dew up a mountain backwards while Jesus cheers in the background and holds up a sign that reads "FREE HARAMBE!" could be a game then this is it. In short it's just too damn bizarre to take seriously on any level. It's not even strange in an "edgy" way. It's like a weird contest where every concept is trying to out-weird the rest. Not for me... Don't even get me started on the plot. Who wrote this garbage? Expand
  38. Jul 17, 2020
    Boring interactive movie walking simulator with no real gameplay. Stay away or waste your money, the choice is yours.
  39. Jul 22, 2020
    Don't waste your money on this horrible game. The developers should have known that the game will be bad that's why they took famous actors into this game and Kojima as the selling point. Wait for the price drop. Story is horrible and I would rather be walking outside then in this bad game.
  40. Jul 17, 2020
    PC port is poor. There is no difference between PS4 and PC version.
    And Death Stranding is Walking Simulator btw.
  41. Jul 26, 2020
    Impossible to understand what the player shoud do. Just a waste of time and money. No way to understand what is meaning of the game.
  42. Jul 18, 2020
    GAMEPLAY - 2/10
    STORY- 4/10
    GRAPHICS 5/10
    Just booring, wait for the price drop! Btw music is great in the game.
  43. Jul 19, 2020
    Why did critics give high marks to Last of Earth 2 and Death Stranding? I don't understand. What on earth are the critics' standards? It's always artistic. It's artistic. What's artistic?
  44. Jul 16, 2020
    Гениальная игра, но не идеальная цена...

Ходьба, ролик, ходьба, ходьба, мочилова, ходьба, ролик на 50 минут, конец
  45. Jul 17, 2020
    This game really it is so confuse, man why does a baby that sucks his finger is your best way to defend yourself??
  46. Jul 19, 2020
    Avoid! Walking simulator! Awful! Don’t waste your money. Pretentious rubbish. Please don’t waste your money!
  47. Jul 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay:it's bad besides the amazing vistas you will come across while on your journey the gameplay consists of walking forward placing some ladders and balancing yourself with the triggers.The BT sections are also boring repetitive and extremely easy with you just going around stationary enemies and occasionally having to kill an extremely boring boss that has no chance of killing you unless of course you fall asleep while playing.The only redeemable part of the gameplay are the cliff bossfights but even those are not that impressive,also the is major padding of the runtime 2/10
    ‌story:this is one of the most intriguing wolds I have ever seen in media unfortunately that potential is ruined by character that only exist to embody ideas and spout lore at you apart from the intro which was a masterpiece in storytelling it's meh 5/10
    ‌presentation:holy **** it's good 10/10
  48. May 11, 2021
    Great graphics (even though the landscape looks very bland), awesome animations, very good sound, superb actors.
    Thats it.
    The story is extremely weird and makes no sense. You dont get much explained either. You are a postman and considered a hero, even though people can just send stuff to each other via a grid. You just have to deliver lost stuff you randomly find (spawns out of
    Thats it.
    You are a postman and considered a hero, even though people can just send stuff to each other via a grid. You just have to deliver lost stuff you randomly find (spawns out of nowhere all the time) or special items that cant be send via that grid. They always say that there are many like you, but you never see any, only the crap they leave behind.
    What do you get for your deliveries? Likes. Yes. Likes. just like on Facebook.
    The USA, where this game plays, also shrunk (while keeping the same shape). Its only a few dozen miles wide now and there is no sign of a former civilization, except some futuristic buildings and rarely a road or car wreck....

The dialogues and characters are typical for a Japanese game, including their cringy names. Just awkward for everyone non-Japanese.
    The cutscenes are too many and most dont add much to the story, yet they are done very well.
    The controls are rage inducing. Always having to balance your body is just annoying after the first 3 hours. It feels like the devs just tried to make the game slower with that. The bike and other vehicles are no better. At first I thought I am missing a button when I drove the bike, because it was soooo slow (much slower than in the intro). And even when I hit the boost its not much faster. It also gets stuck everywhere and the jump sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. Its random.
    Delivery missions (thats pretty much all you do) get extremely repetitive very quickly as well. Avoiding BTs (having to watch the same animation over and over again, when they are detected) is also just annoying to no end. Also you can pretty much predict where their areas are located every time - they always block your way. Always. Its no challenge. Just annoying, most likely also to make the game slower. And then to top it off you also have to watch for a baby (and have to press about 5 different buttons just to soothe it) that keeps crying all the time if things get a little tougher. Again no challenge, just annoying.
    Your allies just hide in their bunkers. Most of the time you only see their holograms. They never even help you with a squad against those pesky "postmen gone bad", not even with a proper weapon!
    I never got real weapons, aside from some clunky grenades that only damage one type of enemy, while youre pretty much effed against other enemies and have to stealth around them and use gadgets to fool them.
    You always have to carry a pile of extra gear to survive, which massively limits what you can pick up on your way or how fast you can go.
    It still made me play for about 11 hours, but then I had enough. Its just too repetitive and annoying and the story just gets weirder and weirder and so doesnt keep you interested at all - no epic feeling at all, no interesting characters either.
    Oh yeah, and it also features ads and product placement (also in a very weird and immersion-breaking manner).
    No idea at all how this is so popular.

TL;DR:
    Very weird and annoying postman walking simulator in a very weird post apocalyptic world, where postmen are the ultimate heroes and face unchallenging, very simple and very annoying delivery missions for likes as a reward. It looks very good, but its gameplay is some of the worst and idiotic console crap Ive ever seen.
  49. Dec 17, 2020
    The walking simulator 2020, the game is way too boring, got a refund instantly. Disappointed that Kojima could not fulfill this time.
  50. Dec 17, 2020
    If you love wasting your money and having your patience tested by what is possibly the most boring piece of garbage ever created, then look no further, death stranding is the game for you.

And if you're not a masochist, stay as far away from this as possible. I would strongly advise against buying this game even if it's on sale for $0.99
  51. Nov 9, 2020
    How much crap can one Kojima game be? All of it! The movement gameplay is horrible, characters are boring, the story is some weird mix of disney-emo-scifi and some classical manga elements. And that mix doesnt work for a single second. A basic game mechanic is giving and receiving likes, like on facebook. And there its already annoying, now imagine how annoying this is in a game. Also, theHow much crap can one Kojima game be? All of it! The movement gameplay is horrible, characters are boring, the story is some weird mix of disney-emo-scifi and some classical manga elements. And that mix doesnt work for a single second. A basic game mechanic is giving and receiving likes, like on facebook. And there its already annoying, now imagine how annoying this is in a game. Also, the main character doesnt clearly give a fook about the story, yet hes the only one driving it. All other main characters do absolutely nothing, except for calling you ALL the time about stuff they thought of YOU could do for them. Additonaly, this game is not much more than a walking simulator with clouds of emo trying to kill you - whilst listening to horrible whiney-emo music. And whilst Kojima might get a wet panty from working with hollywood actors, they add absolutely nothing to the game. In its best moments its boring, but mostly annoying. And the dialogues are full cringe mode. Its Need For Speed level of cringe. Yes, its that bad. Have you ever thought about rearranging the stuff you carry while you fought a boss? No? Well, why not? Oh, because its bullsh**, right. And that is what this game is. Expand
  52. Aug 8, 2020
    I think the controversy surrounding this “game” is a matter of semantics. It is, in fact, not a video game but rather a 30 hour long movie with about 10 hours of game play interspersed. If you like Sci-Fi flicks then grab the popcorn and settle in for a marathon of a film which will occasionally (very infrequently) ask you to move the mouse or controller. During the last 5 hours or soI think the controversy surrounding this “game” is a matter of semantics. It is, in fact, not a video game but rather a 30 hour long movie with about 10 hours of game play interspersed. If you like Sci-Fi flicks then grab the popcorn and settle in for a marathon of a film which will occasionally (very infrequently) ask you to move the mouse or controller. During the last 5 hours or so you will not even have to do that. All in all, not a bad movie but could have been condensed down to about 2 hours. How would I review the game? I can’t, it’s not a game. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2020
    Naprawdę słaba gierka . Nudna i bardzo wolno rozkręcająca się. Fabuła absurdalnie słaba bez logiki jaką stara się gra tworzyć.
  54. Nov 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boi where do I even begin ?

this ain't even a game but a culmination of crap design choihes mashed together.

- tedious and boring gameplay, even a real work as mailman is more exciting.

- motorcycle is often times useless and feels arcadey because its getting stuck on every goddamn rock there is in existence, and yeah boi theres only rocks.

- boring and lifeless open world filled with anything but rocks

- non existent meaningless crap plot

- way too many too long meaningless cutscenes

- results prompts that can't be skipped once and for all.

- for every **** thing theres a mini cutscene that sometimes can't even be skipped !

Taking a **** ?
    cutscene

Taking a shower ?
    cutscene

confirmed delivery ?

unskippable cutscene in yo face where he takes off his **** chain for the 9000th **** time. Why ? because Hideo Kojima

- NPC if you even can call them so have always to say the same crap, while Sam says nothing.

You're Sam Bridges, right ?.
    I expected you.
    The package was excellent.

for real shut the **** up already.

- BT are annoying and in no way challenging

this crap movie is 40h long but has maybe 8h at most. of interesting content, artificial inflation of the game lenght is palpable.

93 % positive reviews on steam are you **** kidding me ?

easily the worst game I played in the last 5 years.

Hideo Kojima failed **** hard and should pay me instead to play his trash and the fanboys on steam are desperate.

im glad I didn't spend any money on this crapshot.
  55. Dec 16, 2020
    this game for americans, about americans election and their experiences about this
  56. Nov 1, 2020
    Walking simulator. Gameplay is fetch quest the videogame (literally), with a very mediocre storyline, save your money, this game is atrocious.
  57. Aug 16, 2020
    This just shows that good visuals beat good story but this thing makes no sense.
  58. Aug 13, 2020
    Кодзима – гений (абсолютно поехавший 56-и летний ребёнок). Я и представить себе не мог, что можно сделать такой унылый высер! Сюжет игры представляет из себя то, что Hideo Kojima видит в унитазе, когда сходит в уборную по большому. Геймплея в этом куске вонючего бреда нет ни капли, а только мучения и издевательства над игроком. Игру надо было назвать 15 глав ада по Кодзиме. Игра deathКодзима – гений (абсолютно поехавший 56-и летний ребёнок). Я и представить себе не мог, что можно сделать такой унылый высер! Сюжет игры представляет из себя то, что Hideo Kojima видит в унитазе, когда сходит в уборную по большому. Геймплея в этом куске вонючего бреда нет ни капли, а только мучения и издевательства над игроком. Игру надо было назвать 15 глав ада по Кодзиме. Игра death stranding должно быть зафиксирована как орудие пыток, мне никто не вернет потраченные деньги за игру и самое страшное мое потраченное время! Hideo Kojima ты унылое говно и пожалуйста не делай никогда больше игры!!! Expand
  59. Aug 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Asco de juegos el de estos piperos que tran sus porquerías de su ps4 a pc , vendiendo nos sus mierdas como si fueran grandes cosas. Expand
  60. Aug 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Скучно, немного спасает графика, персонажи не вызывают доверия, какие-то деревянные, а главный герой кажется вообще слабоумным доставщиком деливери-клаб, ну как в это можно играть? Много пиара но, потратил 8 часов игры и не могу заставить себя доиграть, даже из-за сюжета, который может, вроде как стать интересным. Особый дебилизм какие-то МУЛы отбирающие посылки (кому они их будут доставлять? раз у них мания друг у друга они тоже отбирают? если сами доставляют зачем они главного героя упрашивают доставить МУЛам бы дали они сами все доставят) Expand
  61. Sep 23, 2020
    Simplemente me forcé a jugarlo para ver si de verdad era bueno pero me gano el aburrimiento
  62. Oct 16, 2020
    Унылейший симулятор ходьбы. Ландшафт - красивый, да. Игра - мусор. Метал гир 5 был симулятором ходьбы в крошечном убогом мире пустынном с постоянным респауном врагов на одних и тех же аванпостах и с коридорами скал, такой себе открытый мир времен пс 2, но Дес Стрендинг - просто хлам. Бедные Конами, как они с этим уродом работали вообще, он же как геймдизайнеры Юбисофт, парашетворец.Унылейший симулятор ходьбы. Ландшафт - красивый, да. Игра - мусор. Метал гир 5 был симулятором ходьбы в крошечном убогом мире пустынном с постоянным респауном врагов на одних и тех же аванпостах и с коридорами скал, такой себе открытый мир времен пс 2, но Дес Стрендинг - просто хлам. Бедные Конами, как они с этим уродом работали вообще, он же как геймдизайнеры Юбисофт, парашетворец. Игровые механики где? А их нет. Мир есть, игрового процесса нет. Ни в коем случае не тратьте время. А деньги - чем тратить деньги на игры Кодзимы, лучше в детдом купите что-нибудь. Expand
  63. Nov 16, 2020
    Banal, pretentious, pagan, satanic, cringey garbage. The graphics don't look any better than MGSV at the same settings. gtx 1070. Hideous Kochimp and his kabbalistic marxist satanic masonic world view on full view here. Gross. Disgusting. Hypocritical. I like to play games, not watch interactive movies which is what this really is, kochimp needs to just move over completely to movies andBanal, pretentious, pagan, satanic, cringey garbage. The graphics don't look any better than MGSV at the same settings. gtx 1070. Hideous Kochimp and his kabbalistic marxist satanic masonic world view on full view here. Gross. Disgusting. Hypocritical. I like to play games, not watch interactive movies which is what this really is, kochimp needs to just move over completely to movies and leave gaming the heck alone. This should be called the "Skip Button Simulator" because I must have hit that 100x. From the emo cringey music you're forced to listen to, to the awful Monster product placement I just couldn't recommend this at any price. If you're curious watch a yt video you'd get 99% the same experience but for free. There is almost no game PLAY here, and what there is is very banal, delivering stuff to futuristic cities which could easily just drop ship from altitude with the tech on display everywhere else, ridiculous. Drones? Crying baby if you slip is really annoying. No separate audio options for music, score and voice. Even when I turned down the volume it was too loud on headphones. The story is totally pagan kabbalistic marxist trash. People now are so programmed and dumbed down it's scary, thus the "rave" reviews by the whore presstitutes and retarded players. Expand
  64. Oct 23, 2020
    Terrible. Good visuals, good sound/music. Story and narrative is poor. Poorly presented, poorly explained. You have no reason to be attached to any characters or have any motivation to do anything in this game.

I played the game for 5 hours and out of those 5 hours, 4 hours were cutscenes where you had no agency, and one hour was carrying a bunch of packages across bad terrain. That's the game. It's pretty bad.

It does not deserve to be called a video game. It's a TV show where instead of ads, you're told to play Uber for 15 minutes between episodes.

I can't think of a reason why the protagonist just wouldn't blow his brains out and remain dead the moment he gets the option. There's just absolutely no reason for him to exist or do anything. The world is dull, boring, lifeless and there's not a single character that makes you feel like: "yeah, I'll try to save the world for the". No. They're all boring, annoying, arrogant **** who can't stop abusing you for their stupid goals.

For the love of god, don't buy this game for anything more than the price of a sandwich if you really want to see what it's about. Anything more and you're giving money to the developer who's be infinitely better off making **** one season tv-shows than video games.
  65. Jul 30, 2020
    According to the plot, the game is not bad, and this is the only plus of this game. Gameplay, game world and so on pulls the maximum by one.
  66. Sep 24, 2020
    LOL, ya no it was MY DECISION to get this game for myself? Hype got to me. Cos trailers and preview stuff looked so mysterious and pretty.

Ok so, the soundtrack is good. Casting is all Kojima's famous mates other than Amelie's character (which is the only one I liked). That guy Norman Reedus is supposed to be Everyman, but it breaks immersion cos all you can think about is The Walking Dead, init.

But yeah, the game is all about some sort of huge open world which is basically empty. NO NPC's walking around, no romance, no surprise encounters.

But! If your dream's desire is to walk around burning dead bodies and reconnecting the internet and Twitter then this is just right up your street!

It's bloated like Windows 10. Nonsensical story telling that doesn't even make any sense.
  67. Jul 31, 2020
    Quite an odd game, it really only floats by on its visuals. It looks great, but after you get 5 minutes into the game prepare for crash after crash. Then you finally realize the entire game is being a delivery boy while avoiding pitfalls. I'm really confused how this game is so well regarded. You quickly get tired of the "Sam..." breaking in over your radio, the crashes, and prettyQuite an odd game, it really only floats by on its visuals. It looks great, but after you get 5 minutes into the game prepare for crash after crash. Then you finally realize the entire game is being a delivery boy while avoiding pitfalls. I'm really confused how this game is so well regarded. You quickly get tired of the "Sam..." breaking in over your radio, the crashes, and pretty lackluster gameplay. It has famous actors, and ads for Monster and AMC. Expand
  68. Oct 28, 2020
    Thanks to CPY i can rate this garbage a big fat ZERO.
    Traitors behind this game will lead to the fall of a once great country: Japan.
  69. Oct 8, 2020
    Игра скучная, бродить там очень нужно спустя 5ч геймплея, катсцены конечно интересно смотреть(тут всё схоже с метал гир солид 5)графика приятная, но не более. Я покупал по фулл прайсу и жаба задушил. Ну по скидке для любителя бродилок и растянутого повествования, то покупайте, но не за фулл прайс)Игра скучная, бродить там очень нужно спустя 5ч геймплея, катсцены конечно интересно смотреть(тут всё схоже с метал гир солид 5)графика приятная, но не более. Я покупал по фулл прайсу и жаба задушил. Ну по скидке для любителя бродилок и растянутого повествования, то покупайте, но не за фулл прайс)
  70. Sep 19, 2020
    I really should have read the reviews. I'm actually quite shocked to come here and see such negative reviews... I honestly believed I'd be alone in my own feelings of frustration. Yes this game is terrible pacing and the boring gameplay just stretches out between these cut scenes. I cant say any more than others have said..except the marketing for this game was really good because I had noI really should have read the reviews. I'm actually quite shocked to come here and see such negative reviews... I honestly believed I'd be alone in my own feelings of frustration. Yes this game is terrible pacing and the boring gameplay just stretches out between these cut scenes. I cant say any more than others have said..except the marketing for this game was really good because I had no idea it was this unpopular. I thought it was the magnum opus. Expand
  71. Oct 22, 2020
    A boring, unappealing disaster in one word with a bad script....! What a shame for a great director....
  72. Oct 21, 2020
    Well, I can't say I haven't been warned.

But let me say upfront that I found a way to - kind of - enjoy "Death Stranding": SKIP. Skip the cutscenes, skip the dialogue, skip the calls, the mails, skip the animated sequences for every single mundane tasks, skip them all. Don't bother with the "science" or the "lore" or "story", you will come up with a better, more consistent and way
    Well, I can't say I haven't been warned.

Don't bother with the "science" or the "lore" or "story", you will come up with a better, more consistent and way more interesting explanation and message on your own.

Just make up some new words you milked from Greek and Egyptian mythology, throw in some of the deep philosophy your found in your last fortune cookie, decide that you are going to make some nation of your choice great again, and boom: Now *you* are the genius, one-of-a-kind game designer. Even though you are not doing drugs with Norman Reedus, but hey, that's his loss.

Maybe even skip the rest of this review. Really. It's just another rant about some of the worst writing and game design that I have seen in a long time, badly hidden under a very thin veil of beautiful graphics and well-done audio. That audio includes a score that I could have grown fond of, if it hadn't been forced on me repeatedly in the most "cinematic" way.

Also understand that this is not a giant open world game, even though everyone says it is. It's not giant, it's not open, and it's not a world.

It's a collection of hub worlds full of artificial borders and limitations - including rules and unlocks that don't care about logic or how silly they are, especially if you, against my sage advice, follow the story. Those hubs are littered with the same models and assets puzzled into "cities" that are devoid of life and any interesting features. There are no creatures, and only the tiniest amount of enemy types.

Even though you supposedly travel across all of America, there is no distinctive level design, not the climate, not the textures, not the flora. There is no day- and-night cycle. There is no weather, except for the rain that tells you that enemies are near. Most of the map that you can actually explore looks completely random and has no regard for even the most basic rules of geography.

And while I'm supposed to believe that everything has been destoyed, melted and thrown into chaos by some major event that I stopped caring about two hours into the game, I think laziness and having to pour all the money into celebrity appearances might be the actual reason.

And down in that collection of hubworlds you are basically playing a walking simulator that made the simple act of walking as complicated as possible.

You read the expression "tank-controls" in a lot in reviews, but a tank has a least some precision. It can change direction without keeling over, and doesn't get stuck in pebbles every five metres. It's instruments don't get stressed out and cry only to stop working for several reasons whenever the plot demands it.

Later on I accepted that this is all there is, at least as far as gameplay is concerned, and that this is pretty much your only challenge as long as you are not literally throwing shyt at ghosts. You will still need a lot of free time and nothing better to do.

But if you follow my advice and skip, and skip, and skip some more, this is where you can almost have fun.

Lay bare the core gameplay loop of getting things from A to B while improving the infrastructure and technology to do it faster and with less problems. It isn't half bad if you do it like that, even though controls, camera and UI get in your way too often and break the flow whenever you let them.

But the fact that I put dozens of hours into this even though I hated a lot about it tells me that, if you skip all the BS, there is a nice, not overly challenging, sometimes weirdly zen experience to be had, where you can set your own little goals and have your own little story. As long as you, I can't stress this out enough, don't listen to the actual one. Really. You will start asking questions, like, who came up with all that technology after the world ended and you couldn't leave the house and you had no resources and no clue what was going on? You don't want that.

You have a map, you have your mission markers, you take stuff from point A, where it came from nothing, and you put it down at point B, where it disappears into the void again, and some hologram will say the same thing it always says and give you likes, and who does not like likes?

Unfortunately you can't skip the crashes and glitches. I haven't had too much troubles, but be aware that the game will require some decent hardware. It's horribly ported and optimized and comes with loads of DRM and telemetry running in the background on top of that.

But if you are not like me and morbidly curious about "that game that everyone talked about last year", don't waste your money. Don't waste your time. At least wait for a sale, like I did
  73. Oct 29, 2020
    a game that i played was the worst of this year i played more than 100 games non of this game was like death stranding at least give me some good gameplay i never get fun on this game kojima i know he want to do a new genre of gaming but come on why not to make movie then the games not like why we are playing games its so fun idont want to click on forward button and wait and the cuta game that i played was the worst of this year i played more than 100 games non of this game was like death stranding at least give me some good gameplay i never get fun on this game kojima i know he want to do a new genre of gaming but come on why not to make movie then the games not like why we are playing games its so fun idont want to click on forward button and wait and the cut scenes what can i say realy desgustning a baby come from inside the man wtf the only thing that i see best in this game is the graphics in the start only then the graphics been worse dont make us like this thats so bad if you want to fun you must think like ohh thats a massege from the dev for the payers ohh soory i mean for the players Expand
  74. Dec 21, 2020
    [-] Overrated Hideo Kojima effect
    [-] Big budget walking simulator
    [-] $60
  75. Nov 11, 2020
    It's like playing a very slow moving tv show. Watch thousands of hours of cut scenes, walk for an hour, get flooded by goo, restart. It's Elder Scrolls with more walking and less action.
  76. Dec 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Оно не запускается, просто нив какую, это дермище не работает. Кривая игра, кривой порт.Жаль что я не могу поставить оценку -10 Expand
  77. Apr 27, 2021
    If you ever meet a person that says this game is good, RUN AWAY!
    And never talk to that person again in your life
  78. Dec 16, 2020
    Very boring. world is very very bland.and the quests are nearly all boring fetch quests. walk here pick up this and bring this to another place. and mainly just becomes a bunch of walking or driving, and setting down ladders and other things. very boring and awful boring quests
  79. Jan 22, 2021
    Pretentious plot that needs the characters to force feed you exposition through lengthy cutscenes so you know why you run with bags on your back across the country, but it stills doesnt make any god damn sence. i've played for 5 hours and it hasnt been fun for a second of it so im not giving it any more of my time. The best way i can explain the traversal in this game is to compare it toPretentious plot that needs the characters to force feed you exposition through lengthy cutscenes so you know why you run with bags on your back across the country, but it stills doesnt make any god damn sence. i've played for 5 hours and it hasnt been fun for a second of it so im not giving it any more of my time. The best way i can explain the traversal in this game is to compare it to spider-man PS4. Remember how the web slinging was so fun you never used the fast travel system? This is the complete opposite. Sam is a slow and grumpy piece of **** that doesnt know how to keep his balance with a backpack on. im not interested in the reasons why you cant fly helicopters in this game, or why bodies explode after death or why you need to burn them at a specific spot. There is no humor to be found in this game, everyone is super **** serious all the time and act like the edgy cool anime guy. **** me this game is bad. Expand
  80. Dec 17, 2020
    A monotonous boring bullsh*t experience. Gameplay Loop: 0 you can only make boring fetch quests deliveries for all the game Plot 0: nonsense and endless trash Characters 0: the garbage Openworld 0: flat and empty, basically useless Performance 0: glitch and crush and framerates drop Ignore all the max score reviews, and praise, given by the fanboys, because this "game" has a lot of flawsA monotonous boring bullsh*t experience. Gameplay Loop: 0 you can only make boring fetch quests deliveries for all the game Plot 0: nonsense and endless trash Characters 0: the garbage Openworld 0: flat and empty, basically useless Performance 0: glitch and crush and framerates drop Ignore all the max score reviews, and praise, given by the fanboys, because this "game" has a lot of flaws and issues. Expand
  81. Oct 22, 2020
    If you do a game to ps4 keep it on ps4 And the game is bad Ihope day did it a move
  82. Nov 17, 2020
    walking symulator lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  83. Dec 29, 2020
    The boredom and repetitiveness of the game's missions and environment is only overshadowed by the despicable UX: from over-stylized menus that are all over the place to the locked/pre-animated actions in certain areas and the incredibly predictable dialogs (in addition to the irritating phone-like notification). Also, what the hell is with that shameless Monster drink promotion? This gameThe boredom and repetitiveness of the game's missions and environment is only overshadowed by the despicable UX: from over-stylized menus that are all over the place to the locked/pre-animated actions in certain areas and the incredibly predictable dialogs (in addition to the irritating phone-like notification). Also, what the hell is with that shameless Monster drink promotion? This game looked exceptional and promising on video and screenshots, but it ends up feeling incredibly empty... Maybe that's the ultimate lesson from Hideo Kojima here? Expand
  84. Jan 9, 2021
    Has the same chiral network and monsters from metal gear survive... fairly boring walking sim, with a cutscene for every action, which is repeated everytime.
  85. Jul 22, 2020
    это не игра, кодзимба всех переиграл, и показал, какова сила хомячков.
    У этого рейтинг выше, чем у Одни из нас 2, вот где бред
  86. Jan 3, 2021
    It simply cannot be called a video game or a game for that matter. It fails at being the very essence of a video game which is to be fun and entertaining. Also, the story behind it is convoluted, poorly executed and portrayed in an abysmal way. It would've been much better as a TV show or a movie.
  87. Dec 17, 2020
    Спасибо блять за ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНЫЙ CyberPunk контент для пк версии игры. Я как владелец ps4 был ОЧЕНЬ расстроен данным событиям.
    А также Кодзима Гений, он одним патчем уничтожил свое доверие к аудитории.
  88. Dec 17, 2020
    Where do I begin? Kojima and team are really over their heads with this game.

Do better.
  89. Jul 15, 2020
    Grande Jogo, Experiencia unica, o roteiro é confuso e quando não é muito verborrágico, mas toda a imersão e estética do jogo é arrebatadora
  90. Jul 17, 2020
    This game is superb, i play a Playstation 4 and now pc. game play, screen and musics super!
  91. Dec 16, 2020
    Meh this game is awfull. It starting so intresting that I expected it will continue in similar manner, but it resulted in a boring, repetitive meaningless actions. I will be very carefull next time with KOJIMA PRODUCTION titles.
  92. Nov 7, 2020
    If someone paid me an actual salary to deliver cargo around I would probably be too lazy to do it. But since this is a game, I want to do it for free xD

In all seriousness, Death Stranding is a metaphor to life. Death Stranding has been the most humbling and life changing experience I ever felt. If you are reading this, I hope you give this game an actual try and you won't regret it.

Side note: I don't believe the negative reviews. If you check steam you will see the game actually has positive reviews from people who actually played the game. Console games usually get a lot of hate from the PCMasterRace community
  93. Feb 17, 2021
    The good:
    The graphics are impressive on PC, minimum 1080 if you want to see it in HD (720-1080). The patches have fixed the stability of the game is now playable (sometimes)
    The bad: Boring story (I did see Kevin Costner's The Postman, 1997, Warner in the cinema) so it is clear where Kojima gets the "creativity and inspiration" from. "Kojima's Great Game" was in some cgi videos of
    The good:

The bad:
    Boring story (I did see Kevin Costner's The Postman, 1997, Warner in the cinema) so it is clear where Kojima gets the "creativity and inspiration" from. "Kojima's Great Game" was in some cgi videos of his Hollywood friends cosplaying and the frenetic adventures of him delivering things from point A to point B. Boring gameplay. The game has auto-save but does not let you record progress if you are in the middle of a delivery mission. Fast travel and teleportation points are not used to shorten your path when you have an order to deliver. Weapons arrive after at least half the game has passed. The fights against the bosses and mini-bosses are very simple and disgusting. Once the Hype was dispelled, the trailers were only hoaxes since it took the best scenes and put them to generate hype, but the result has already been seen that it is not this frantic all the time. The ending is a two hour video, really? During the game they tell you that "human beings are isolated in cities" you arrive in the cities and you do not see any humans, do they live in the clouds like the Jetson or underground like the Murlocks? All cities are the same. Sam Porter in the original version without patches had the same balance of a rag-doll, Sam fell on any path that was not minimally level.

The Meh!:
    The game didn't even come out and it already had a patch that corrects Sam Porter's bad balance. Unlike the console version, here there were no press or influencers playing or generating excessive hype, so many of the structures originally created have disappeared or are about to do so due to deterioration of the rain. The mods make the product placement of Monster and other brands can be edited by Pepsi, beers, ... while the backpacks and briefcases are replaced by packages from UPS, DHL, or food companies, Rappi, Uber Eats, Diddi, Rappi ... the sky's the limit when it comes to customization. The gag of having the mechanical dinosaurs from Horizon Zero Dawn walking around is there, but it's not understood. Don't waste your money on this boring game, on PC there are alternatives like Man Standing or Walking Simulator that at least you will laugh while you play
  94. Dec 17, 2020
    В душе не чаю, кто ставит судорожно десятки этому симулятору ходьбы.

Только гений(в скобках долбоеб) смог придумать сделать обычную ходьбу фишкой всей игры, да еще и убедить сообщество в этом. Перехайпленная игра, которая якобы сводит с ума своей стилистикой оказалась неудачным экспериментом и не более. Будет неверным сравнивать этот сюжет с сюжетом РДР 2, но если вообще по краешку
    В душе не чаю, кто ставит судорожно десятки этому симулятору ходьбы.

Будет неверным сравнивать этот сюжет с сюжетом РДР 2, но если вообще по краешку рассмотреть, то РДР наскучивает томным и ПОНЯТНЫМ сюжетом, который просто надоедает. Здесь же об сюжет черт голову сломит, ибо только к концу игры хоть что-то начинают пояснять, он также затянут, а в придачу к этому очаровательному повествованию идет такой же очаровательный геймплей, состоящий из бега и ходьбы, может быть, иногда езды. Всем тем, кто скажет, что в игре есть сакральный смысл и нечто большее, передаю пламенный привет, ибо опуститься до того, чтобы просто бегать 50 часов в игре за почти 2000 тысячи я лично не готов. Да даже если бы они просто продали набор катсцен, то все оказалось бы лучше. Как обычно игра нашла своих поклонников, которые строят мосты и ходят туда-сюда десятками часов, но это уже их проблемы.

Итогом сего произведения от Кодзимы(которого хуй пойми зачем окрестили гением недалекие, ибо кроме МГС, он ничего не сделал) является: для обыденного геймера игру нужно просто пропустить, а сюжет посмотреть на ютубе. Тратить свое время на вот это никому не советую.
  95. Oct 16, 2021
    I played the original game on PS4. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played for 8th Generation consoles and among the worst I've played in general. The story is absolutely horrible and impossible to follow, a problem shared with Metal Gear Solid 2, another Kojima product I don't like.

The gameplay is even worse and is easily the worst I've ever played on PS4. This game proves that Kojima needs Konami more than Konami needs Kojima. Go back to Konami please.
  96. Dec 18, 2020
    It is decent delivery game, and challenge of this game comes from everywhere but delivery. I expected interesting delivery game, not an FPS that I can sometimes make deliver.
  97. Dec 20, 2020
    Kojima's ego created this absurd product, a must play if you're a sheep who likes to walk a lot and think little.
  98. Dec 28, 2020
    Some good ideas and NPCs wasted with the very bad gameplay and boring storytelling. I can't recommend this game but I enjoyed the visuals and music. It's super slow and the story is weird (not in the positive way). Some scenes are very beautiful and I think this should be a animated mini-series rather than a game. It's 1/10 as a game and 8/10 as a mini-series
  99. Feb 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Seriously dont buy this game, its absolutely crap. There is so many cinematics that sometimes it feels just like you are watching a movie were you are given a choice in which direction you want the movie to go towards. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 15, 2020
    I approached Death Stranding twice. I spent a couple of hours with the PS4 edition and was fascinated with it. I kinda wish I stopped at that and let the game remain a mystery to me rather than complete it later on PC and be disappointed. There are moments when Death Stranding eludes the traditional 1-10 rating system. There are moments when it sets new standards and becomes a truly special experience. But those are just moments scattered throughout tedious gameplay. Still, it is in my opinion one of those games you simply need to play. [10/2020, p.44]
  2. Sep 20, 2020
    Death Stranding is asking you to find variety in a daily rut, cooperation possibilities for a character who has fear of contact, scientific explanations in clear-cut mysticism. Today, you’re annoyed that the story doesn’t move forward, and you have to trek into the same ghost-infested area as before, but tomorrow you’ll gladly spend a few hours hauling resources for a new highway and feeling good about it. This source of joy is very weird and defies explanation.
  3. Sep 5, 2020
    Death Stranding on PC is the best way to experience this journey. Game is much more than a walking Sim, it mixes and matches a ton of brilliant new ideas and game mechanics. It is bursting with atmosphere, and the overall quality of the production and presentation is fantastic. Other than minor issues and some non-consistent storytelling, Death Stranding shows us that boundaries can be moved in the today gaming world.